- - - - -

Art and Creation

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: Art and Creation

Are you an artist who would like to participate in a Weekly or Monthly artistic challenge?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Mana

Mana

Cool Story Bro

• Oldies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,074 posts
  • Interests:music,art, life, the universe, and everything.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

Greetings! As some of you are aware, we have an Arts and Creations forum.  In this forum, people post everything from their literature creations to their newest signature image.   Some time ago, this forum used to be quite the busy forum with a SOTW contest and plenty of hot topics. Though, not so much anymore *sad*.   I'd like to take this opportunity to try my best at revitalizing these artistic areas.  FIrst, I'm polling the masses.   I want to know who of you out there are the creative types of XeroCreative.

If you're an artist of any kind, please answer the poll.  I'm looking to do some kind of contest for the forums.   Whether it be a signature of the week sort of contest like we had before, or even maybe something new. Perhaps a monthly challenge.  

Please post your opinion, comments, suggestions once you vote.   If I can get 10 votes in the positive nature. I will do my best to get a competition going.

If you want a competition with prizes, vote, comment, and show me you can be active in the Arts & Creation forum.  The more activity in this forum we have, the better chance at a competition.

Thanks!

Your friendly neighborhood Arts & Creation moderator,
Mana

#2 Bardon

Bardon

(つ˚Д˚)つ

• Oldies
  • Pip
  • 362 posts
  • Interests:Anime, games, forums, martial arts, arts and design, encoding, music....living life as i should be! ;3

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:39 PM

O____O

That was quick......

#3 Mana

Mana

Cool Story Bro

• Oldies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,074 posts
  • Interests:music,art, life, the universe, and everything.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:41 PM

I like to get things done, kiddo.  Now, go forth and post in the forum.

#4 HG Wells

HG Wells

not the worst

• Oldies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:44 PM

I would be up for participating in a monthly competition.

#5 Bardon

Bardon

(つ˚Д˚)つ

• Oldies
  • Pip
  • 362 posts
  • Interests:Anime, games, forums, martial arts, arts and design, encoding, music....living life as i should be! ;3

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:59 PM

View PostMana, on 19 February 2012 - 12:41 PM, said:

I like to get things done, kiddo.  Now, go forth and post in the forum.

Yes ma'am, already did! :P lol

Shameless advertising ftw:

http://xerocreative....09-gfx-masters/

http://xerocreative....e-of-evolution/

#6 Hoiguyyami

Hoiguyyami

G-MOP

• Oldies
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

I would participate, as long as i could submit something written. I can't draw for crap. I'd prefer monthly, but if it was weekly i would probably enter every now and then.

I'm currently writing a long-ish story (i'm guessing about 10-12 pages on microsoft word), but if you want i can post a few shorter stories I've written over the past year or so for school.

#7 Rayth Mistwalker

Rayth Mistwalker

Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted.

• Oldies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts
  • Interests:Programming, IRC, Fishing, Gaming

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:07 PM

I'm with everyone else. I'd prefer something that'd be written rather thand rawn etc

#8 Exarion

Exarion

YVD Images Collaborator

• Oldies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts
  • Interests:So many things, you wouldn't believe.

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:11 PM

This little girl would participate in a monthly image challenge, at least for some months.

Edited by Exarion, 19 February 2012 - 05:12 PM.

#9 Wylde

Wylde

Supertramp

• Oldies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Interests:Everything Under The Sun

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:56 PM

Writing I'm interested in. Possibly selecting a category and having people write a short story about it. Give everyone a month and vote for the best short story? Sounds like an interesting idea to me. We could have an intro and people have to write the rest of the story, post a picture and have people write that has something to do with that picture, give a basic plot idea have people write the story surrounding that. Just a few different ideas that could be used for a monthly short story writing contest. If you wanted to break it down to weeks you could also have a weekly poem contest that uses these same principles. I think it could be a lot of fun and maybe even spark more activity. Just a few ideas is all..

#10 Jesse

Jesse

The Guy You Want To Know

• Oldies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,401 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:58 PM

I can do imagey stuff, so I'll join/sign-up/contribute/post/take part/be included/help out/do stuff. I can't draw either, but I'll do like edits and stuff. I can't really write either, but I suppose there are many different types of art..

What about music? Just out of interest, because if I ever do create a track or whatever, would that be part of this?

#11 GothicKratos

GothicKratos

Local Trollolololol

• Oldies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:42 PM

I would be willing to participate in competitions. It would give me a good reason to poke around PS again.

#12 Wylde

Wylde

Supertramp

• Oldies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:11 AM

Anyone else get that whole, 'XC is in the Dark Ages and this is the Renaissance' feel to this? x]

#13 HeatedHeart

HeatedHeart

Former Programming/Scripting Mod

• Oldies
  • Pip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Longboarding // Coding // Raves // Hanging Out With Friends // Enjoying Life

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:38 AM

Anyone else get that whole, 'XC is in the Dark Ages and this is the Renaissance' feel to this? x] <-- yesh

---------------------------------------------
I'd love to participate, I love every part of XC and everything it use to be. Im not much of an artist of a wrtier, but i'd participate just to support it. Count me in =]

A sig a week seems cool, 4 sigs a month isnt asking to much. Depending on how many people participate. Maybe a "Photoshop THIS" challenge where you give us an image and present us with a concept/idea in which to implement into the image.

#14 Bardon

Bardon

(つ˚Д˚)つ

• Oldies
  • Pip
  • 362 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:57 AM

Ok....it seems like some ppl are more interested in literature than piccies. :S

Think I already made my point that having arts promoted would be a good way to kill the dullness going about here especially if we have contests involved like signature of the month or YVD skin of the month. Some extra ranks aside from Most creative/Best graphic designer can also be added like Best overall artist, Most active artist or best signature/avatar maker etc etc.

And yeah just want to point out, that aside from the official contests handled by mana I'll be contributing to a few personal events myself once enough supporters to my clan start coming in.

#15 Shinra

Shinra

The Best 14 Year Old Duelist.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Candy and YuGioH

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:02 AM

I'll try this.I've been trying to make stuff for a while.This will be a good practice! :D

#16 Rayth Mistwalker

Rayth Mistwalker

Nothing is True. Everything is Permitted.

• Oldies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts
  • Interests:Programming, IRC, Fishing, Gaming

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:25 AM

View PostJesse, on 19 February 2012 - 08:58 PM, said:

What about music? Just out of interest, because if I ever do create a track or whatever, would that be part of this?

^i'd do this

#17 Bardon

Bardon

(つ˚Д˚)つ

• Oldies
  • Pip
  • 362 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:19 AM

View PostRayth, on 20 February 2012 - 08:25 AM, said:

View PostJesse, on 19 February 2012 - 08:58 PM, said:

^i'd do this

+1

You may as well add video editing too, though I doubt many ppl would be arsed into going that far... :P

#18 Jesse

Jesse

The Guy You Want To Know

• Oldies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,401 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:48 AM

Lol, I know how to make videos, but I'd never think about making one for a song, unless it's like an AMV. And I've only made one. It was a total shit Naruto version of Linkin Park Feint. Lawl not doing that again.

Well actually it's been a good few years since then. Maybe I've improved.

#19 Wylde

Wylde

Supertramp

• Oldies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:29 PM

I think there's a collective agreement that contests will boost activity in the Art department and that there are more then a few willing to join in. I think there have been a lot of great ideas thrown out there and that in time many of these can be incorporated into XC. We may have to start small at first and expand as time goes on but for those who are asking for videos and music maybe post some of you work here on XC? I'd love to see what you all have and maybe learn from all of you.

#20 GothicKratos

GothicKratos

Local Trollolololol

• Oldies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:43 AM

View PostWylde, on 22 February 2012 - 01:29 PM, said:

I think there's a collective agreement that contests will boost activity in the Art department and that there are more then a few willing to join in. I think there have been a lot of great ideas thrown out there and that in time many of these can be incorporated into XC. We may have to start small at first and expand as time goes on but for those who are asking for videos and music maybe post some of you work here on XC? I'd love to see what you all have and maybe learn from all of you.

+1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users