5597 replies to this topic

#1 russianspy1234

russianspy1234

The spy who shagged you.

• Oldies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,702 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 12:18 AM

Use this to discuss the forbidden list: current, past, or upcoming.
  • Cards that are "Forbidden" cannot be used in your Main Deck, Extra Deck, or Side Deck.

• You can only have 1 copy maximum of a "Limited" card in your Main Deck, Extra Deck, and Side Deck combined.

• You can only have 2 copies maximum of a "Semi-Limited" card in your Main Deck, Extra Deck, and Side Deck combined.
  • On "Traditional Format", there are no Forbidden cards. All cards listed as "Forbidden" on Advanced Format are "Limited" in Traditional format (1 per Deck).

Current list - March 2013 - Advanced Format

Spoiler

Lists from previous formats:

Spoiler

Edited by Sho Shinjo, 20 February 2013 - 11:36 PM.
March 2013 list is now official!

#2 Guest_dragonchampion_*

Guest_dragonchampion_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2005 - 01:07 AM

personally i think the forbidden list are getting out of control banning alot of the old cards....but there are sum cards that i think should be on it or at least on the limited list like judgement of anubis i have 3 in my deck cuz if the ever try to touch ur magic or trap u stop them for the price of 1 card in ur hand and u could even destroy and send one of there face up monsters to the graveyard and do the damage to them i dont know about anybody else but thats what i think.

Edited by dragonchampion, 26 October 2005 - 01:08 AM.

#3 The Cyber Demon Lord

The Cyber Demon Lord

SSJ4 Poster

• Oldies
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 03:03 AM

Jugement of Anubis will not be limited. It's very situational because there are many abused cards don't trigger Jugement:

Breaker,
Moebius,
Phoenix,
Royal Decree,
Dust Tornado,
Jinzo,
Giant Trunade,
Cliff The Trap Remover

Jugement can only stop:

Heavy Storm,
Mystical Space Typhoon,
Stamping Destruction
Dark Magic Attack

Also, it causes bad topdecks and ruins hand advantage.

#4 Guest_Master Mind_*

Guest_Master Mind_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2005 - 03:57 AM

Current banlist is so killing the game alot of ppl have quited becuase of it its worst than when they banned ced yata and stuff.Im so hoping the next banlist will be more fun to play.

#5 DarkBlaze557

DarkBlaze557

• Retired Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:18 AM

A lot of people always quit because of the ban list, because they get pissed that they're most used card gets banned (in this case, BLS-E)...they come back later on, noticing that they like the change in the game...people just get made because they miss their chaos is all...that's what all of my friends that play traditional say...they won't play advanced because it ruins their deck...it's called adapting...stop whining about it...

#6 Nin

Nin

The Missing Nin of XCF

• Oldies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,826 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:42 AM

View PostDarkBlaze557, on Oct 26 2005, 02:24 PM, said:

A lot of people always quit because of the ban list, because they get pissed that they're most used card gets banned (in this case, BLS-E)...they come back later on, noticing that they like the change in the game...people just get made because they miss their chaos is all...that's what all of my friends that play traditional say...they won't play advanced because it ruins their deck...it's called adapting...stop whining about it...

So true, the reason why our Ban Lists have a nickname of "Advanced" is because it's for the "Advanced" player's of the game who do not need those broken card's to win them duel's and can come up with their own strategies to win.

I don't see how getting rid of broken card's make's the game worse, our last banlist nearly killed the game, It was about time Konami decided that BLS-E should be banished to the list. (Took them long enough ;/)

But, I personally think, without Trinity the Envoy's could possibly come back someday. Because, it was the Trinity that made BLS-E get power hungry. ;/

I love our current list, because, it's the best one yet. People are actually depending on their monster's for ONCE. Instead of just dumping them into the Graveyard as fast as they can to summon BLS-E.

And, it's bringing the play of Tribute Monster's back into the game as well, like Jinzo, Mobius, etc.

Sure, there is Cyber Dragon and D.D. Assailant that are troublesome, but it's called side-decking. It's a duelist's best friend.

Believe it or not, people around here quit just because Trinity got banned. That make's them show their true color's, newb color's that is.

If you can't duel without Trinity to save you, then your not a duelist, end of discussion.

-NIn

#7 Enigma

Enigma

Death is only the beginning..

• Oldies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 11:07 AM

View PostNin, on Oct 26 2005, 09:48 AM, said:

Believe it or not, people around here quit just because Trinity got banned. That make's them show their true color's, newb color's that is.

If you can't duel without Trinity to save you, then your not a duelist, end of discussion.
-NIn

Quoted for emphasis.

Monsters have become the base of the meta now. Spells and Traps are what they are, tools that guide monsters to victory.

Combos and clever moves are now what dominates. Topdecking isn't as frequent as they say it is. Playing your combos and knowing your deck is what causes wins, atleast in the duels I play. If you know your deck and what it needs at given times (Ex. what to search with a searcher, etc), then you will do good. I love the new list. Sorry X and Asuka. =P

#8 Guest_hotshotgundam_*

Guest_hotshotgundam_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2005 - 03:25 PM

They definatly need to have the banned list around, especially when yu-gi-oh has advanced so far.  There are so many powerful cards out there like rageki and the creator that if left unchecked could potentially ravage any deck they wanted to.  also, without the banned list people would be able to make a deck consisting of all of the same cards.  CED, rakaeki, harpies, ROD, and you are starting to get the point.  there wopuld be no originality in any of the deck building, ever.  if there is some right now, they freeking chaos decks are very annoying, and so are he warrior decks.

But if i had to rant about 1 single card, it would have to be sakaretsu armor.  There is nothing situational about it at all.  In a standard duel there could be 20- to even 50 attack by a single player.  There is a downside to this card, it is not chain able at all.  But this little cheap card can kill anything from a kuriboh to a might horus the black flame level 8.   Ban it right now !!!!!!!!!!

#9 Guest_XXXPlizit_*

Guest_XXXPlizit_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2005 - 03:57 PM

Personally, I think the banlist is decent.  Though they banned Trinity (yeah yeah), the problem lies within swarm and search which could get out of hand without trinity.  However, we'll see what happens with the new list.

People quitting because of this list?  Damn right.  However, people coming back aswell due to broken cards being banned in addition to newer players coming to the game?  F*ck yes.  Then again, there's no such thing as a 'perfect banlist'.  Here was what happened in the past:

Oct2004: Lots of broken cards were killed, which is a good thing.  However, banlist focuses way too much on Chaos-Warrior or Scientist FTK.  Painful + BLS hammered the scene and Scientist + Fusion + meta also took control of the game.

April2005: The list focused on hammering almost all FTK's, which is good.  However, this still left open for BLS users and gave birth to Meta/MoF/Serpent/Moon/Taiyou comboes.  Duo uplifted pissed off the players badly.

And now, this list actually forces players to come up with various types of decks without any heavy handicaps.  During recent tournaments, I've seen Beast-Aggro, Warrior w/ DD Assailants, Zombies, Chaos Sorceror w/ Cyber Dragon, Tomato Control, Skill Drain, Normal lvl 4, Phoenix, and Machines played competitively, with lots of duels being 2-1 rather than 2-0.  Does this make the game too diverse for players?  Yes, but does this make players think more rather than the easy way out?  Yes.

View Posthotshotgundam, on Oct 26 2005, 08:31 PM, said:

But if i had to rant about 1 single card, it would have to be sakaretsu armor.  There is nothing situational about it at all.  In a standard duel there could be 20- to even 50 attack by a single player.  There is a downside to this card, it is not chain able at all.  But this little cheap card can kill anything from a kuriboh to a might horus the black flame level 8.   Ban it right now !!!!!!!!!!

Sakuretsu is not worth banning because it's a 1-for-1 trap that must be triggered during declared attack.  Sure, it can rid the more powerful monsters, but with the newlist, banning Sakuretsu can cause swarm to be even moer abusive.  Limited, maybe, if Konami decides to do so, but not banworthy.  This new list has done a great job banning the necessary cards needed for the ban.  Who knows what card could be banned next (if proven too powerful).

Edited by XXXPlizit, 26 October 2005 - 05:32 PM.

#10 DarkBlaze557

DarkBlaze557

• Retired Administrator
  • 12,734 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 26 October 2005 - 04:35 PM

View Posthotshotgundam, on Oct 26 2005, 02:31 PM, said:

They definatly need to have the banned list around, especially when yu-gi-oh has advanced so far.  There are so many powerful cards out there like rageki and the creator that if left unchecked could potentially ravage any deck they wanted to.  also, without the banned list people would be able to make a deck consisting of all of the same cards.  CED, rakaeki, harpies, ROD, and you are starting to get the point.  there wopuld be no originality in any of the deck building, ever.  if there is some right now, they freeking chaos decks are very annoying, and so are he warrior decks.

IMO, chaos decks aren't really that formidable against a well-built deck...I've seen some decent warrior decks, and they do give you a run for your money, but they lose their momentum too quickly...

Sakuretsu armor shouldn't really be banned...maybe limited...but not banned...It's not that bad of a card, nor is it that good...a lot of people use Mirage Dragon or Pitch-Black Warwolf, Jinzo, Decree, Dust Tornado, MST, Heavy Storm, etc...all of these stop this one card...so it's not a big threat...

#11 GLERINK

GLERINK

Needs a life

• Oldies
  • PipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 12:24 PM

Even thou I donít agree with this ban list I donít quit we just have to move on or quit if you want

Some said that sakuretsu is not worth banning since it a 1-to-1 well mirror force was to graceful charity was and they donít seem to appear in the limited list donít it

But I agree with dark blaze even if we donít like it we just have to adapt to this **** an expect that the future ban they give us something back

What I donít agree is that dark hole is back they should have banned heavy storm if they were going to give dark hole back

The only good thing or very good thing I could say that know duelist depend more on their brain than what they draw

#12 Guest_hotshotgundam_*

Guest_hotshotgundam_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2005 - 02:27 PM

What about pot of greed?  I mean what the heck.  It was the one card in everyone's deck tht gave you a little help when you were in a hole.  But now they banned it.  Were too many people abusing it with a MOF or what??   Bring back my pot of greed.  The jar of greed i have stinks :-D

#13 Guest_XXXPlizit_*

Guest_XXXPlizit_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2005 - 02:58 PM

Pot was questionable, but since Avarice is coming soon, who knows if it'll replace it or not.

Dark Hole came back sheerly due to heavy swarming currently in the metagame.  Perhaps it'll hit the bans again.

#14 GLERINK

GLERINK

Needs a life

• Oldies
  • PipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 03:16 PM

Well I sure do hope so that dark hole goes back to the ban list, it suck to have a card than can destroy your strategy that easy, the card I would have prefer to come instead of dark hole would be monster reborn, that card is not as killer as dark hole, even thou if they made me choose both should be ban but I consider dark hole and monster reborn like comparing CED with BLS, dark hole would be CED, I would prefer they give us back luster than emperor even thou both should live in the ban list for a while

#15 - Seto Kaiba -

- Seto Kaiba -

The One Was Forgotten

• Oldies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 03:23 PM

My opinion on the next ban list:

- Dark Hole banned
- Graceful Charity unbanned
- Scapegoat semi-limited
- Brain Control Limited

#16 DarkBlaze557

DarkBlaze557

• Retired Administrator
  • 12,734 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2005 - 06:11 PM

View PostGLERINK, on Oct 27 2005, 02:22 PM, said:

Well I sure do hope so that dark hole goes back to the ban list, it suck to have a card than can destroy your strategy that easy, the card I would have prefer to come instead of dark hole would be monster reborn, that card is not as killer as dark hole, even thou if they made me choose both should be ban but I consider dark hole and monster reborn like comparing CED with BLS, dark hole would be CED, I would prefer they give us back luster than emperor even thou both should live in the ban list for a while

Bring back CED and BLS and the game will go to hell again...with chaos decks being (yet again) the root of the cause...That would be 6 months that I would stay out of competitive play, because I refuse to build a chaos deck and losing to it is like being eaten by something 800000 times bigger than you. Chaos will always be a great deck and will always pwn everyone...

#17 Guest_Zero34_*

Guest_Zero34_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2005 - 06:41 PM

nin and enigma >> all

this ban list is the FIRST one where i dont just like, reckless send cards out.  this is the first one where i ahve actually started carefully looking for cards with positive balance of trades.  love teh format, lost a couple cards, but i like that because it allows us to use cards that havent been used before - all of those second rate cards are now dominant.  yay

#18 - Seto Kaiba -

- Seto Kaiba -

The One Was Forgotten

• Oldies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 08:02 PM

View PostDarkBlaze557, on Oct 27 2005, 07:17 PM, said:

Bring back CED and BLS and the game will go to hell again...with chaos decks being (yet again) the root of the cause...That would be 6 months that I would stay out of competitive play, because I refuse to build a chaos deck and losing to it is like being eaten by something 800000 times bigger than you. Chaos will always be a great deck and will always pwn everyone...

yea thats my opinion. but according to konami they did say every card will eventually cycle off the forbidden list for players to be able to play them again. but in my own opinion i think ced/bls will be the only 2 cards that will stay on the forbidden list.

one card i can also see commin off the forbidden list next cycle would be Mirage of Nightmare..

#19 Bankotsu the Great

Bankotsu the Great

Be Innovative.

• Oldies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 08:20 PM

All the cards should eventually come off the list. Once we get the cards we don't have from the OCG, plus more cards to help support none-popular decktype, Chaos won't be a real big threat.

But I don't think that it would ever be appropiate for Raigeki and Duster to come off the list.

#20 Guest_Zero34_*

Guest_Zero34_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2005 - 08:34 PM

yeah i have to agree.

raigeki and duster...scary

destroys face up or face down

NO drawbacks whatsoever

massive removal...amazing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users