Rules of the XeroCreative Forums
The rules you MUST follow when posting on our forums and the Portal.
Global Forum Rules
1. Spamming in any XeroCreative Forum will not be tolerated. (SPAM = Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages) Just don't say "yeah, cool", "sup", "woo", etc. Put some thought and opinion behind your post.
2. No blatant advertising of any kind will be allowed on any part of the board. NOTE: There are some cases where advertising is necessary or acceptable. Please contact a moderator or administrator before posting advertisements for permission.
3. No flaming other members simply because they have different views. Everyone has their own opinion, but disagreeing with another's opinion does not justify flaming.
4. Favorite topics will be allowed on the forums within reason. Don't create a thread that just says "What's your favorite food lol?" Again, put some thought behind your post: "My favorite food is pizza because the sauce makes my mouth gasm and I like how the toppings offer me more variety than there are species of rodents."
5. Versus topics fall under the same rules as the favorites, but come with an added danger: flaming. Any flaming that occurs will not be tolerated, and if a thread derails into that, it will be locked and the offenders will be dealt with by staff.
6. No "Wanna duel?" topics anywhere on the board. We have chats if you want to find a duel.
7. Don't double post (posting twice in a row.) or thread bump (posting a spam message to generate activity) in any forum except for the Deck Depot and Fan Fiction forums. Rules concerning these are more detailed in the specific forum's rules.
8. Be sure to post your thread in the appropriate forum. Don't post an "I have a question" thread in the suggestion forum.
9. Never ask for a staff position. Don't come to us, we will come to you.
10. Do not post in a topic when a question has already been answered, when rules are broken, or when a topic is inappropriate just to say "This topic needs to be locked." or anything similar to that. This is known as mini-modding, and will not be tolerated by any of the staff. If you notice a post or a thread that breaks the rules, hit the report button. We'll get to it quickly.
11. If you see a topic that is inappropriate, do not post in it. Leave it for a staff member to handle. Posting in such topics will result in the same punishment as the original starter of the topic. Again: Report button. Use it.
If You wish to take an image from another site, please save the image and host it yourself.
SIGNATURE & AVATAR RESTRICTIONS
1)500px Width for all images. What this means is that any one image in any user's signature should not exceed 500px in width.
2)400px Height TOTAL for all images combined. What this means is that if you add up the height of all of the images in your signature, the total should not exceed 400px. As you should be able to infer already, this also means that you can have multiple images in your signature, just as long as their total height does not exceed 400px.
3)Vertical signature images are allowed. Each user may only use 1 vertical sig. When using a vertical sig, the height may not exceed 450px (meaning that vertical sigs are the only exception to the 400px limit on signature images). Also, when using a vertical sig, no other images may be used in your signature.
4)Users may use an animated image in their signature. However, every user is only limited to the inclusion of ONE and only ONE animated image per signature.
5)Each user has a base allowance of lines of text allowed in their signature. This allowance is 7 lines of text.
6)For every 50px (of the 400px allowed) of signature image height that you DO NOT use, you are allowed one extra line of text in your signature. By omitting a signature image altogether, you can use a total of 8 extra lines.
7)Quote and Code tags count as an additional 2 lines used (as they take up extra space).
These new limitations will be enforced starting Tuesday, April 6th, 2010. Abuse of font size or spoiler tags, or failure to comply with these rules will result in the removal of your signature.
Your avatar may not be any bigger than 150 x 150 pixels or 150 KB in size.
Rules Last Updated: June 27, 2011
Edited by DarkBlaze557, 27 June 2011 - 12:08 PM.
Updated rules. Yay new management!