Photo
- - - - - 26 replies to this topic

Gerdat is doing a Pokemon Sun Wonder Trade Run. Because of course he is.

Pokemon Sun, Gerdat14, Pokemon and 2 more...

• Please log in to reply

#21 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2678 posts 158.00 XCB

Gerdat14
  • Interests:Dueling with YVD and playing illegal games with my blanket.. don't ask...

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:31 PM

...Why did this update take me a week and it's not done yet? I'unno. Prolly because I'm trying o do a lot of other things. Starfox Adventures Testing, Hearthstone adventure for Knights, and Playing through Starcraft 1 so i can have a complete campaign on the legal free version. At least I'm been keeping up with the Poke Pelago. Anyway, here's the team for the 1 hour split that's taken me a week to start up.

Marill

Level 1 with Aqua Jet, Superpower, Belly Drum, and Body Slam. And Huge Power.

God i wish i could get so lucky on the next split. Having a Pokemon that just says I win to Kimono-o would be so amazing. Seriously, do not doubt the power of Huge Power Azumarill. Shit is boss.

Gastly

Level 1 with Hypnosis and Lick. And Levitate.

Yeah... most of what i got was failed breeds. I mean, they'd still be cool to use in the run for me, but it would be a pain to get them started. At least, from what I remember. Oh well.

Morelull

Level 19 with Flash, Moonlight, Mega Drain, and Sleep Powder. And Effect Spore.

Real Talk? Effect Spore is the best defensive ability in the game and I wish it was on more pokemon. Shiinotic is interesting, but the best things about Shiinotic are it's signiture move and Effect Spore. Since Breloom is still a thing and so is Amoongus. Though I've never run an Amoongus.

Magikarp

Level 1 with Splash. And Swift Swim.

Oh look, another bred Magikarp, what a surprise. Can't you tell how surprised I am? So very surprised am I. Yes indeedy.

Popplio

Level 1 with Pound and Water Gun. And Torrent.

Alright, why can't we use breeding to get hidden abilities? It's like, one of the few things I know about breeding that bothers me, and the includes the 400 chain link breeding cycle to get 5 perfect IVs that means I'll never be a competitive pokemon player. Just... Why? It's implied that Hidden abilities are naturally occurring phenomena, so why can't we get them through breeding manipulation? It would make Litten/ Inciniroar so much better.

Trunbeak

Level 56 with Drill Peck, Bullet Seed, Feather Dance, and Hyper Voice, And Skill Link.

I didn't even know wild Trumbeak existed at level 56. But they do! They are on Poni island... somewhere. Why they exist when Fearow is a better opponent to grind on and serves a similar purpose, i do not know.

Okay, that's the team. I'll get the Flynium and Psychium, trade these guys off, and then post the new team tomorrow. Also, my spelling is terrible. Be safe, persons.

#22 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2440 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain
  • Interests:Games: video, and TCGs. TV, and sleeping.

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:20 AM

You say it'll be an hour but w with that logic you might as well go find everything you can. Zygarde cells, heart scales, tms etc. Clean the overworld of free items while you're at it

#23 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2678 posts 158.00 XCB

Gerdat14
  • Interests:Dueling with YVD and playing illegal games with my blanket.. don't ask...

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:28 PM

...Oh right. I need to update this. Okay, so... AHEM!

I took like a month off to catch up on rocket rabbit and play some other titles over again. Been playing hots pretty much every other morning, but I've also been farming berries in the Poke Pelago. And Developments. I've got all 3 branches for the berry island and the Isle Abeens. Poke Beans are nice.

I did bother to go around getting a good portion of the Zygarde cells, but I can't get them all because like the last 10 or so are in post game stuff. And... nope, that's about it. Here's the team I'll be sending out in the morning assuming I can learn how to freaking type on a keyboard. Evil fingers hitting keys they aren't supposed to... grumble grumble.

Trumbeak

Level 56 with Drill Peck, Bullet Seed, Feather Dance, and Hyper Voice. And Skill Link

Morelell

Level 19 with Flash, Moonlight, Mega Drain, and Sleep Powder. And Effect Spore.

Gastly

Level 15 with Curse, Lick, Night Shade, and Mean Look. And Levitate.

Magikarp

Level 11 with Splash. And Swift Swim.

Popplio

Level 15 with Pound, Water Gun, Baby-Doll Eyes, and Disarming Voice. And Torrent.

Marill

Level 13 with Aqua Jet, Superpower, Belly Drum, and Body Slam. And Huge Power.

Alright, no summaries this time because the only combat i had was 2 weeks ago whilst i was trying to find berries and all i fought was Crabrawlers. So there. Be safe, Persons.

#24 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2678 posts 158.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:23 AM

Okay! Wonder Trade is done, and this is interesting for the second to last split. Need to get the team to 46 before i get to Kimono-o, but that's doable. As a reminder, this split is the Kimono-o to Victory Road split, as the last Z-crystal is the ice one on the path to the elite Four. And here's the new team!

Dratini

Level 1 with Wrap, Leer, Dragon Dance, and Extreme Speed. With Shed Skin.

Well, I'm not sure if this is hacked or not, but I'm going to assume so, since the only way to get Extreme Speed onto Dratini right now is to breed the gifted one from the GS VC after trading it over. And really, why would someone do that, y'know?

Zorua

Level 1 with Scratch, Leer, and Counter. And Illusion.

I've never actually used Zoroark on a story mode run before. I mean, in gen 5, you don't get he option to get one until after gym 3, where in gen 5.5, you already have a good spread or Special Attackers. God, Gen 5.5 was so good.

Mudbray

Level 14 with Mud Slap, Mud Sport, Rototiller, and Bulldoze. And Own Tempo.

I would prefer Stamina honestly, but an earthquake spammer should be nice. However, I'm pretty sure this split involves us finishing the flute quest, so I'm not sure if I'll get to use Mudsdale much.

Metapod

Level 8 with Harden. and Shed Skin.

Still Love Butterfree. Although, given what i'm going up against, I think i'd rather have Beedrill for the upcoming Boss Fight. We'll see.

Staryu

Level 21 with Recover, Psywave, Swift, and Bubble Beam. And Illuminate.

REALLY wish it was swift swim instead, but Starmie is awesome regardless, and having recover already is cool, but likely to be replaced since Starmie has defenses like a Kartana getting hit by a Heatran's Magma Pillar. So, very poor.

Mareanie

Level 1 with Haze, Spit Up, Stockpile, and Swallow. And Limber.

I didn't notice this before posting, but Limber? I really wish this was Merciless instead, since Baneful Bunker into Venoshock with crits just sounds so good. Yeah, Toxapex is a tank, but think of the combo!

So yeah, Team is really interesting, however, it loooks like my best win-con is spamming Outrage on Dragonite, which i can't do on Lusamine because of Clefable. Hate that Clefable so much... I should have an update next week, as I need to spend the next several days failing to upload finals for Rocket Rabbit, and that's the best time to make progress in this run for me. Be safe, Persons.  

#25 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2678 posts 158.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:42 PM

Alright. Need to try to stay on top of this. And get typing lessons. Those come much later though. Right now, time for an update.

So! The Lusamine Fight is done, and i got the Icium Z on the path to the elite four place. I did not walk all the way up the the pokemon center, because i am a dumbass, but oh well. Here is the team that i'll be sending out probably later tonight.

Butterfree

Level 50 with Bug Buzz, Air Slash, Psychic, and Sleep Powder. And Compound Eyes.

Firstly, lemme just say that this has been the only split where I've felt the need to abuse Z-crystals, and it was mostly for grinding. However, Butterfree itself is still amazing, and I did bother to actually catch Nebby thanks to Sleep Powder and the fact that he used Cosmic Power like 3 turns in a row. I bring up Z-crystals because unless something major happens during this next split, I really don't plan to abuse them during the elite four trip. And can someone PLEASE tell my finger that Elite does NOT have a second L in it AND that IN does not have an O? Annoying Fingers.

Starmie

Level 51 with Power Gem, Psychic, Thunder, and Scald. And Illuminate.

The Grinding king, thanks to Thunder and Z-Crystals. Since Z-moves ignore the accuracy check, I was using Starmie to farm on Pelippers for almost all of my grinding needs. It worked beautifully, but i know i'll need to do it again for the pre Elite Four stuff. REALLY hoping I get lucky or break the rules so i can get a Sneasal for the end of the split, since Sneasal as an ending cap would mean a lot to me.

Mudsdale

Level 48 with High Horsepower, Double Kick, Heavy Slam, and Earthquake. And Own Tempo.

Still would've REALLY liked Stamina over own tempo, but Mudsdale did fine. High Horsepower being just a tab below earthquake made him a nightmare against Poison types and fire types. I really should have tried to use him during my first run, but i wanted to try out Cutiefly and... I forget who else, more.

Zoroark

Level 51 with Foul Play, Leer, Scary Face, and Night Slash. And Illusion.

Hey, Game Freak? Please fix the level-up text when illusion is happening. It's so damn confusing when it says that Mareenie or Starmie wants to learn Night Slash or Foul Play, when you mean Zoroark. The AI doesn't know that I'm learning Night Slash mid battle, do they? And If they do, that is also stupid. Grumble Grumble. Oh, but Zoroark was amazing. Lots of great revenge kills and decent small events. Was nice.

Dragonair

Level 44 with Dragon Tail, Thunder Wave, Dragon Dance, and Extreme Speed. And Shed Skin.

No. Just, no. Yes, He got some nice revenge kills, and yes, Dragonite actually is pretty awesome now that i know it has 600BST and physical sweeper stats. But no. This line is Terrible and you should feel bad. Dragonair gets so few good level up moves that without the event Dratini, I'm convinced no one would actually use this line for anything over than Nostalgia. The evolution level being so high is terrible for story mode runs, and as a dragon type, he already grows super slowly. Fuck the Dratini line.

Toxapex

Level 49 with Toxic Spikes, Venoshock, Baneful Bunker, and Scaled. And Limber.

So! The Lusamine fight itself! Fuck Clefable. Fucker has got Moonlight and Magic Guard, as well as +1 to everything, so without a good poison or steel type, i couldn't do anything to it! Also, i was underleveled AGAIN because although Kimono-o is level 46, he leads straight into the Lusamine event, who is loaded with level 50's! Toxapex is a great tank, and that's all i can really say about it, because after it took down Clefabe after about, oh, 15-20 turns of slowly draining it's PP on Moonlight. And then, Lilligant shows up with +1 on everything, and sweeps most of my team with Petal Dance. It was not a fun fight, and although other people have problems with the Milotic, Setting up poison helped so much with the rest of the team that it wasn't really an issue for me.

So yeah! Fuck Lusamine's Clefable, but the rest of the split was fine. Even Kimono-o went down decently quick. Last update will be the Elite Four run, but next update will be the team after the wonder trade is done. Still thinking I'm gonna cheat to get a Sneasal on the final team, but I'm not sure how i'd go through that. Be safe Persons. 

#26 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2440 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain
  • Interests:Games: video, and TCGs. TV, and sleeping.

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:06 PM

Nice job. I wanna try to wt when you are. Give you a chance for a sneasel. Or that could be how you cheat to get it. I got some just hmu

#27 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2678 posts 158.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:59 AM

Thanks for the offer warrain, but unbeknownst to you i had already done the wonder trade before you had posted that. I was just so disappointed with it that I've not bothered to update this yet. It is sad...

My end game team will have 3 Water types. Again. Thankfully, I didn't land Yungoose, but... Look, this is gonna be painful, so I'll just go through the list with opinions now.

Wishiwashi

Level 18 with Helping Hand, Feint Attack, Brine, and Aqua Ring. And Schooling.

Just... Why? Wishiwashi  is actually a cool gimmick, but I've got a better water physical sweeper on this team. That, and i'm pretty sure i need to use pre schooling Wishiwashi for grinding this time, which is gonna be a huge time investment again. And I STILL don't have the Waterfall or Surf tms. Grumble.

Wingull

Level 5 with Growl, Water Gun, and Supersonic. And Keen Eye.

I do actually like Peliper, but why do i need to END THE RUN with him when we've already used him like 3 times this run? I mean, he's not terrible, but I'd rather like to use one of the OTHER easy to get Water types. Like, I don't know, Lumineon or Wailord? Please?

Gible

Level 1 with Tackle, Sand Tomb, and Outrage. And Rough Skin,

Oh look, a super sweeper that i need to invest berries into to get going and hope it can sweep the entire enemy team at +1. I mean, If I can get Dance onto Garchomp just before getting into the Elite Four, It should work nicely against anyone that doesn't have walls oh wait EVERY SINGLE MEMBER of the Elite Four has at least 1 physical wall. Grrr...

Honeedge

Level 1 with Swords Dance, Shadow Sneak, Wide Guard, and Destiny Bond. And No Guard.

Since I've never actually used Aegislash before, this should be somewhat interesting. Shame I'm unsure of weather or not to pump his physical or Special Attack. Also, I think i need either a Dusk Stone or a Shiny Stone to evolve him, but I can get one off of the poke pelago, so that shouldn't be too much an issue.

Magikarp

Level 1 with Splash. And Swift Swim.

Again, Gyarados is amazing, but I don't want to end the run with him since we've already seen him do great things 3 other times in the run. I'd rather have gotten Lapras again or maybe Growlithe or even Cutiefly, since my type diversity is shit right now. I could really use a Diglett.

Spearow

Level 16 with Peck, Growl, Leer, and Pursuit. And Keen Eye.

Okay, I really like Fearow and all, but given I'll have what is likely to be a rain boosted Hurricane sweeper on TWO OTHER POKEMON, I really didn't need him. Like, I'd have rather gotten Croagunk or Riolu or even a female Salandit. Heck, even Emolga or Girafirag would've been really nice, since they would spread out my types a little bit and have decent move sets to abuse.

So yeah, that's the ending team. Wishiwashi is what I am, Gyarados is what I've got, Fearow is how I feel, Aegislash is really cool, Peiliper is back in action, and all my hopes rest on Garchomp. Back to grinding, this time to about 60ish, since i need to be like 56 to START the Elite Four and am supposed to be like 61 at the end. Be safe, Persons.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pokemon Sun, Gerdat14, Pokemon, 3ds, Rocket Rabbit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users