Photo
- - - - - 28 replies to this topic

Gerdat is doing a Pokemon Sun Wonder Trade Run. Because of course he is.

Pokemon Sun, Gerdat14, Pokemon and 2 more...

• Please log in to reply

#1 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2681 posts 158.00 XCB

Gerdat14
  • Interests:Dueling with YVD and playing illegal games with my blanket.. don't ask...

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:09 AM

Alright, so here we are several months before the release of gen 7.5, and during a time where we've had almost no news about it other than that it exists and that it's closer to Black and White 2 than an ORAS remake. I am too drowsy to think of many other things to post because of a toothache from wisdom teeth  coming in and ow ow ow.

Since gen 7 introduces Ride Pokemon, I don't think there's a team that will lock out progression. However, since I'm starting this thread after already doing the first send off, I've already got a team with a few Pokemon that I can't control. That will probably be one of the recurring problems of the run at least earlier on. I've also unsure of when to do the swaps, since although doing the swaps after each of the swaps feels right, that means there's only like 6 swaps instead of the usual 8.

I'll think of stuff. Anyway! Here's the first team after a trip through Wonder Trade:

Comfey
Level 20 with Magical Leaf, Growth, Wrap, and Sweet Kiss. And Triage.
Comfey is a Pokemon that I feel is trying to be Klefki. With that said, since she's level 20, I will probably not be able to use her. Shame, cuz I need a method to deal with Mankey and Makuhita.

Ponchiot, the Lillipup

Level 15 with Odor Sleuth, Bite, Baby-Doll Eyes, and Helping Hand. And Vital Spirit.
Kind of a shame that he's already 15, since I think that's the point where traded Pokemon start disobeying orders due to lack of badges. Sad for me.

Carbink
Level 10 with Tackle, Harden, Rock Throw, and Sharpen. And Clear Body.

Huh, a second support pokemon. Carbink is really cool in the TCG, but aside from setting up screens and rocks, I have no idea what carbink does in the games. Maybe He'll learn power gem before we get to Hala?

Lillipup

Level 12 with Odor Sleuth, Bite, Baby-Doll Eyes, and Helping Hand. And Vital Spirit.

Yup, got 2 Lillipup before the Fighting type leader. That'll be... urgh. Look, Stoutland is actually a great Pokemon with lots of stuff going on with it. But I'm not going to get into Stoutland, or even Herdier. So getting two normal types before Hala feels pretty bad.

(Alolan) Sandshrew

Level 1 with Scratch and Defense Curl. And Snow Cloak.

People are actually trying to breed Alolan Sandshrew? For what? Slush rush is cool and all, but aside from Veil, Alolan Sandslash doesn't bring anything that other Pokemon can't do better. Beartic is so much better as a physical sweeper.

Caterpie

Level 15 with Tackle, String Shot, and Bug Bite. And Shield Dust.
I didn't see that Caterpie was 15 before going to post this, so that's very sad. Here's hoping Butterfree gets something at 17. I do love me some Butterfree, though.

Alright, that's the team. I will likely do the wonder trade after Hala, since Hala is available pretty much right after the Trial. Wonder how that's gonna go with Pokemon constantly trying disobeying me. Be safe, persons.

#2 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2681 posts 158.00 XCB

Gerdat14
  • Interests:Dueling with YVD and playing illegal games with my blanket.. don't ask...

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:54 PM

So uh... The disobedience clause was changed between gen 5 and gen 7. It used to be that 15 was the cap before your traded pokemon would start disobeying you, now it looks like it's 25, since even at 20, Comfey obeyed all of my orders. Although, I did only use her once. Anyway! Hala is down, and as predicted, I couldn't solo him with Alolan Sandshrew, although i tried to set up Defense Curl Ice Ball. Are combo moves still a thing? Having only ever set up Defense Curl Rollout, I'm really unsure. So, Here's the Team.

Alolan Sandshrew w/ Quick Claw

Level 20 with Fury Cutter, Defense Curl, Ice Ball, and Metal Claw. And Snow Cloak.

After doing a small amount of grinding to get him to 6, i used him almost exclusively. Turns out having high physical  attack and defense can carry you through the first few hours just fine. And, and being steel helps too. Used Ice Ball on Totem Gumshoos, and was only somewhat afraid of Super Fang.

Herdier

Level 21 with Odor Sleuth, Bite, Baby-Doll Eyes, and Work Up. And Intimidate.

Also, the purposely useless one. Lillipup learns TAKE DOWN  at 15 in this gen, and yet the level 15 one i GOT didn't have takedown on him! Never used him, since Steel is too powerful this early on.

Carbink

Level 17 with Smack Down, Harden, Rock Throw, and Sharpen. And Clear Body.

Smack Down is a great support attack, but why doesn't Carbink have Power Gem yet? Also, we need more Special Attack Based Rock Type attacks. I don't care that most of the rock type Pokemon are physical attackers, there should be more than just Power Gem. Oh, and Ancient Power, but that one barely counts.

Herdier w/ Normalium Z

Level 19 with Work Up, Bite, Take Down, and Helping Hand. And Intimidate.

The NOT Useless one, that I didn't actually use. why did neither of my Lillipups have pickup? Just... Why? Again, Stoutland is actually pretty awesome, and if you haven't used him in a run yet, try him out. At least, in Gen 5 he was pretty boss.

Comfey

Level 23 with Magical Leaf, Growth, Wrap, and Sweet Kiss. And Triage.

Used ONCE to get Sandshrew up to 3. I stand by what i said before. Comfey seems like a Klefki with better(?) support options. Hence, she's nearly useless in the single player focused campaign.

Butterfree

Level 19 with Gust, Psybeam (yay), Bug Bite, and Silver Wind. And Compound Eyes.

God I love Butterfree so much. I know, she's a terribly useless Pokemon in the competitve scene, but so much coverage with her spread of moves and utility with each of the powders is so nice. And Compound Eyes makes all the powders so much better. But, Vivillion does the sweeping job better thanks to actually getting Hurricane. Still waiting on that buff to happen. Oh, and Butterfree swept Hala using 3 Psybeams. Or was it 4. I forget if crabrawler survived the first one.

So yeah, Melemele Island is done, and I'm sitting at Mom's house in festival plaza waiting to do the wonder trade. I'll likely do it later tonight just before bed, because toothache. Be safe, guys.

#3 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2681 posts 158.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:28 PM

Alright, Wonder trade is finally done, here's the new team:

Bounsweet

Level 16 with Splash, Play Nice, Rapid Spin, and Razor Leaf. And Leaf Guard.

This marks the first time I've tried the Tseerna Line, although I won't get to her before the next switch. Hopefully I can use her or another member to walk through Wishiwashi. Also, why is Razor Leaf a Physical attack?!?

Pikachu

Level 4 with Thunder Shock and Charm. And Static.

Interesting thing to note, someone maked out the EVs for Speed and special attack on this Pikachu. No, I don't know why if they were just going to wonder trade it out, but it'll make grinding a bit easier so, kudos for that.

(Alolan) Grimer

Level 1 with Pound and Poison Gas. And Gluttony.

Does Alolan Grimer get Alchemy? I do not remember, but I know it's like the only reason people are looking into Alolan Muk. Not likely I get Alolan Muk, though.

Magikarp

Level 30 with Splash, Tackle, and Flail. And Swift Swim. 

Gonna use a Rare Candy to get him into Gyarados, then sit on him forever or until i need him to take down Salazzle, Since I think the next 2 Z-crystals are Water and Fire. And then I'll swap him out.

Sandyghast

Level 1 with Harden and Absorb. And Water Compaction.

Uh... When do we get Bulldoze? Because I don't think I'll be using him until he either learns magnitude (which I have ALLWAYS loved) or Bulldoze. Does Sandyghast even GET Bulldoze? I was not drawn to him or Palossand during my first run.

Lillipup

Level 15 with Bite, Baby-Doll Eyes, Helping Hand, and TAKE DOWN(Yay). And Pickup!

See, THIS is the kind of Lillipup I'd like more of on the Wonder Trade Circuit. It's Still a Lillpup, so people aren't going to use it, but it's an AWESOME Lillipup, so now I can use it. Yayness!

But yeah, should be a decent team running against Wishiwashi and Salazzle, just not sure how much grinding I'll need to do. Hope to have this updated slightly more regularly, except I still need to go to the dentist, god damnit. Sadness.

#4 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2441 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain
  • Interests:Games: video, and TCGs. TV, and sleeping.

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:21 AM

I was thinking which did you wanna do. More wondertrading or just after big moments like the trails. Cause I'd lean to say you would get more for your buck to do the wt after each z-crystal

#5 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2681 posts 158.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:13 PM

Although that is the case, certain Z-crystals are handled one after another, like the Fire and Water ones here. So instead, I'm doing it after each pair. So at least i have a Little amount of time with the teams i get, although i think that means the team with Acerola is going ot be one of the longer stints.

#6 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2681 posts 158.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:53 PM

And Speaking of Pairs, the Water and Fire Z-Crystals are mine! I sould've swore that Salazzae was a 25 fight, so i did a tad too much grinding. Not that is matters, given how the fight ended up. Oh well.

Team was as follows:

Sandyghast

Level  25 with Bulldoze, Mega Drain, Astonish, and Sand Attack. And Water Compaction.

Dear God do i wish you were a Normal Forme Diglett instead. Too damn slow, but not tanky enough to actually survive Salazzle. And MEGA DRAIN AND ABSORB?!? Look, it's a cool concept, but you need stats for that concept to work, and YOU do not have them! Go Away!

(Alolan) Grimer

Level 24 with Acid Spray, Poison Fang, Minimize, and Bite. And Gluttony.

I hate Gluttony as an ability, but the rest of the set worked fine. He actually has a decent amount of Attack to use the Dark and Poison moves he gets. Shame about the speed though.

Pikachu

Level 25 with Thunder Wave, Spark, Double Team, And Electro Ball. And Static.

My GOD do i love Thunder Wave Electro Ball. Like, the only changes i want to make to this set do not exist and for good reason. Although, Pikachu CAN get Agility, so that's half of the rest of the set... Oh yeah, after doing a little grinding, Pikachu was almost the only pokemon I used.

Herdier

Level 27 with Crunch, Baby-Doll Eyes, Work Up, and Take Down. And Sand Rush.

Shame that Pickup turns into Sand Rush on Evolution, since I don't think I got anything from it before Lillipup evolved. Oh well. Stoutland is still awesome, and Sand Rush has it's place on non-ground and Steel types.

Gyarados

Level 32 with Splash, Tackle, Flail, and Bite. And Intimidate.

So, I do have the TM for Scaled, but I used Magikarp a total of Twice, and only because i needed someone to tackle a dude to death. Was sad, but I'lll get over it. And yes, I did not use Gyarados against Salazzle. Or Wishiwashi.

Steenee

Level 26 with Teeter Dance, Magical Leaf, Rapid Spin (tf?), and Razor Leaf. And Leaf Guard.

Just... Why? Why do we keep giving some Grass type pokemon Physical Attacker stats? Even the middle ground Grass moves that are worth a damn are Special OR SHOULD BE SPECIAL. Is Tseerna actually better with Trop Kick? Used her a little for grinding, but that was about it.

Yeah, Pikachu carried this run, no doubt. But now it is time to wonder trade them off for a new team, while I'm uploading audios for the Rocket Rabbit playthroughs. Should post the new team shortly, Since I have a Charizard to get me anywhere I need to be. Be safe, Persons.

#7 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2681 posts 158.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:31 PM

Alright the new team is set and... Um... Huh. I have now turn off EXP share and am wondering if i can get to Lurantis without fighting anything. Because well...

Gastly

Level 21 with Mean Look, Curse, Night Shade, and Confuse Ray. And Levitate.

Gastly/ Haunter are actually great pokemon, but god their movepools early on are horrendous. Look at this! No actual damage moves, but a ton of support and lock down. Oh, and of course, Lick and Astonish are terrible on this line, since we are a special attacker. And I'm still unsure if Hex gets bonuses off of confusion.

(Alolan) Rattata

Level 17 with Focus Energy, Bite, Pursuit, and Hyper Fang. And Gluttony.

Now, Gluttony is technically better than Run Away, but not really. Run Away actually has uses during travel Whereas Gluttony needs to be focused on in order to actually be useful at all. Still, Rattata does have decent Physical Attacker stats, although I'll be insanly lucky if i get to use him...

Pancham

Level 33 with Slash, Circle Throw, Vital Throw, and Body Slam. And Iron Fist.

Hey, at least I can get Pangoro quickly! Maybe HE'LL have something I can actually use Iron Fist for! Does Pangoro Naturally Learn Dynamic Punch? I don't know, I've never bother to use this line.

Crabrawler

Level 16 with Bubble, Rock Smash, Leer, and Pursuit. With Iron Fist.

I THINK Crabrawler actually does get Mach Punch at some point, but again, thanks to Pangoro and another pokemon, I doubt I'll get to use him at all. Kinda sad, I actually Like Crabrawler as a pokemon, but his evo is terrible and we have better fighting types.

Gumshoos

Level 43 (jesus) with Take Down, Scary Face, Crunch, and Hyper Fang. And Stakeout.

Well, this time I'm entirely sure I can't use him do to the level cap, so there! Stakeout is honestly a great ability though, and I wish we could get it on a few other pokemon. Maybe Sneasal? Just for Shit's-n-giggles?

Toucannon

Level 35 with Drill Peck, Rock Smash, Beak Blast, and Supersonic. And Skill Link.

And this is why i'm turning out EXP Share. I want Toucannon to just wreck Lurantis, because I do Have the Sharp Beak already, and I might have the Expert Belt too, so I can just show up to the Lurantis fight and Beak Blast her to death for all the issues she game me in my first run. 

So yeah. The plan is to let the recieved team carry me through the next 2 trials, which should be Lurantis and Olivia. I THINK i'll do the Wonder trade before the trip to Aether, But I'm not sure yet. Be safe persons.

#8 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2681 posts 158.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:25 AM

Alright. Despite a tad bit of overleveling making Olivia complicated, the plan worked beautifully. Although i did go through 2 hyper potions during the fight. Team before Wonder Trade is as follows:

Pangoro

Level 36 with False Swipe, Circle Throw, Bullet Punch, and Body Slam. And Iron Fist.

I got him to almost 36 right before the fight with Olivia, and that was a mistake. However, the bigger mistake was buying all the Konikoni TM shop TMs, and then not giving him Low Sweep. I seriously forgot to do that.

Gumshoos

Level 43 with Take Down, Crunch, Scary Face, and Hyper Fang. And Stakeout. 

Thanks to me turning off EXP share so the plan would work, I had 3 guys that were overleveled and disobedient, and 3 guys that were underleveled and mostly useless. So yes, I used Gumshoos a bit to try to keep Pangoro's level down. It worked, mostly.

Gastly

Level 21 with Hidden Power, Curse, Night Shade, and Confuse Ray. And Levitate.

So, night shade doesn't work on Normal types because it's still a Ghost Type attack. This saddens me greatly. So very much sadden.

Crabrawler

Level 16 with Bubble, Rock Smash, Leer, and Pursuit. And Iron Fist.

No, seriously, I only used Gumshoos, Pancham, and Toucannon for this whole split. I COULD have grinded up Crabrawler, and I SHOULD have done that, but i didn't. I am a terrible person.

(Alolan) Rattata

Level 17 with Focus Energy, Bite, Thief, and Hyper Fang. And Gluttony.

I even went through the trouble of equipping nearly everyone with decent items, but there was no point to it, because I only used 3 dudes that were super over leveled. I'm really hoping the next team is below the level I need to be at.

Toucannon

Level 36 with Drill Peck, Rock Smash, Beak Blast, and Supersonic. And Skill Link.

I actually really Like Toucannon. Beak Blast is an amazing signature move, and although he's really damn slow for a Flying Type, Beak Blast compensates for it. I'm convinced he should have big pecks over skill link, though.

Yeah, not a lot to say on this run. I one shot Lurantis for great vengeance, but really that was the only thing of note for this split. I'll be doing the Wonder trade after I edit the next part of Serious Sam. Be safe, Persons.

#9 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2681 posts 158.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:21 AM

Alright, with the next part of Serious Sam in production now, we can post the new team and GOD DAMNIT! I really hope olivia's stamp gives up a level boost, or else we've got 2 members that we cannot use for this split. And i forget if this is the Acerola split or not. Anyway, here's the Team.

Mimikyu

Level 40 with Shadow Claw, Feint Attack, Charm, and Slash. And Disguise.

Honestly, I like Mimikyu, but I've not yet used it. I'm under the impression is a great physical sweeper, which would mean a lot to me IF I could use him. And I thought the Mimikyu you could capture after the Trial all had Play Rough?

Trevenant

Level 52(!!) with Forest's Curse, Destiny Bond, Phantom Force, and Wood Hammer. And Natural Cure.

I just, I mean, WHAT?!? 52?!? I mean, I like the moveset, honestly, and Forest's Curse is one of the coolest gimmcik moves in the entire game (Making Gligar 6x weak to ice is just SO wrong.) But still! 52?!? The next stamp steroid i get I THINK is 55! Ugh...

Caterpie

Level 2 with Tackle and String Shot. And Shield Dust.

Okay, Butterfree we can live with. It's not as good as Vivillion, but we'll manage. Is the next trial the electric one? I really hope not...

Rowlet

Level 1 with Tackle and Leafage. and Overgrow. 

Okay, people ARE breeding Rowlet. Kinda sad, since Rowlet is clearly the worst of the starters this time around. I love him, but man oh man is he under powered. Better than Chikorita, but still. 

Lanturn

Level 27 with Thunder Wave, Charge Beam, Scald, and Confuse Ray. And Illuminate.

Okay, I like Lanturn a lot, but i would really prefer one with Volt Absorb. As far as i can remember, Lanturn is a decent tank, but right now, he's the only offensive pokemon I have. So we'll try to fix that shortly.

Pikipek

Level 2 with Peck. and Keen eye.

Alright, I might get back up to a Toucannon! although, if I'm right, it won't help me any. But Still! Toucannon is good, so I'll deal with it.

Seriously, Is Sophocles next? Is this the Acerola Split? I don't Remember! And, if Sophacles IS next, don't i get both the Electrium and the Steelium from the next trial? So many questions! Gah, be safe Persons.

#10 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9448 posts 690.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 29 July 2017 - 02:44 AM

sopho is before Acerola and yes you get steelium and electrium on consecutive fights.

and GL with totem mimikyu

#11 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2681 posts 158.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 29 July 2017 - 04:40 PM

Thanks for the post Yami. And with that post, I have flown back to Mom's House in order to wonde rtrade out the team after doing what is essentially 2 trials. Or at least, got both the Steelium and the Electrium. So, NEXT split is Acerola and Guzma, right? I keep thinking that Nanu is on the Last island, but he's not, he's the Grand Trial Captain of Ula'Ula. But yes, Next is Acerola and Guzma. Here is the team I'll be sending out shortly, and posting significantly after that.

Dartrix
Level 33 with Pluck, Peck, Razor Leaf, and Astonish. And Overgrow.
Thought i would be clever and try to get decidueye before getting to Vikavolt. Then remembers that 36 is closer to the trial with Acerola, not Sophacles. So yeah, didn't use him a lot, since Grass/Flying is a pretty terrible typing and there wasn't a good spot to grind for him.

Mimikyu

Level 44 with Shadow Claw, Feint Attack, Hone Claws, and Slash. And Disguise.

Sat him in front of Vikavolt, got off Hone Claws, two shot Vikavolt with Shadow Claw thanks in part to Spell Tag. Oh, and the Grand Trial Stamp for Akala actually DOES raise your level cap. To 50. That was nice.

Butterfree

Level 32 with Gust, Psychic, Bug Buzz, and Stun Spore. And Compound Eyes.

I WISH I had used you, Butterfree. But the fact is, I never had a need to until the Alolan Grimer/ Muk fight for the Twisted Spoon. And even then, I used you simply because Muk and Grimer hit harder than I thought they would. I'm glad Poison is a real type now.

Lanturn

Level 36 with Thunder Wave, Charge Beam, Scaled, and Confuse Ray. And Illuminate.

Carried me through the whole split. Like, I almost never needed to switch into anything else as I got him at the perfect level range with an already decent moveset. I do like Lanturn thanks to Gen 3 and my all water type team I ran through part of the Colosseum Batter Tower with, but I'm so much more into sweepers that Lanturn's bulk never really mattered to me.

Trevenant

Level 53 with Forest's Curse, Destiny Bond, Phantom Force, and Wood Hammer. And Natural Cure.

Didn't use him. I would LIKE to use him, or at least another ghost type for the upcoming trial, but the wonder trade will decide that for me. Despite be too damn slow, the physical move pool works on him, and could be fun against special threats.

Toucannon

Level 32 with Beak Blast, Aerial Ace, Screech, and Roost. And Keen Eye.

Mostly didn't use him, but still love him a lot. The one time I tried to use him was against an eeveeultion and He was a Trumbeak at the time, so it didn't work. Or maybe that was the level 29 Grimer that hit too damn hard. IDK.

So, a couple of things; One, why is Minior so damn fast and NOT a Normal subtype? Like, the whole point of him is to get sheilds down proc and then explode at things, right? So why not have get get Stab Self-Destruct and Exoplosion?!? It would be nice, y'know. Secondly, I did not know that Dugtrio kept it's Ground type from it's normal form on switching to it's Alolan Form. Makes me actually like Normal Dugtrio more, since at least Normal Dugtrio doesn't need to worry about super effective Flame charges or Mach Punches. 

But yeah. Need to do more editing, then will wonder trade this team out. Be safe, Persons.

#12 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2681 posts 158.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:47 PM

Okay, uploading the Serious Sam parts now and Wonder trade is done. Y'know, sometimes Wonder trade is nice to you. This is one of those times. Here's the new team:

Ledyba

Level 4 with Tackle. And Swarm.

Okay, does anyone know if Ledian can be used for anything not related to screens? Cuz i know she sets of screens really well. And that's ALL I know about Ledian.

Magnemite

Level 1 with Tackle. And Analytic.

Honestly, I'm really happy with this. Magnemite evolves into Magneton, so I'll have a decent Special... Attacker for Mimikyu. And since I already have the thunder wave TM, after I break Disguise with someone else, I should be able to Paralyze and sweep through the rest of the trial no problem. Should be fine, right?

Lapras

Level 1 with Sing, Growl, Water Gun, and Freeze-Dry. And Water Absorb. 

Oh thank Jeebus, an Ice Type! And not just ANY ice Type, but a Perish Tank Ice Type! Mimikyu should be super simple now. Guzma might be an issue... Except...

Yungoos

Level 10 with Tackle, Leer, Pursuit, and Sand Attack. And Strong Jaw.

Y'know, I might finally be able to run a Gumshoos and see if I like him. Strong Jaw Crunch should make the rest of the trial super simple, and I think the Black Glasses are coming up, so I might be able to get them, too!

Slugma

Level 1 with Sockpile, Guard Swap, Earth Power, and Inferno. And Flame Body.

THIS GUY! I can use THIS GUY against Guzma and get rid of most of his moveset for actually good things! Like Flame Burst! And... um... I honestly have no idea what "good" rock moves Magcargo gets. Anyone know if Magcargo get's Power Gem? I know he doesn't get Accelrock.

Gible

Level 30 with Slash, Dragon Claw, Dig, and Dragon Rush. And Sand Veil.

So, according to the extra info page, this Gible was hatched, but has no EVs. That means someone Hatched a Gible, and then used either Rare Candies or Rare Kitchens to level boost it to 30, and then sent it off to wonder trade. Why would you do that?!? I mean, If you're breeding for "The Cynthia Garchomp", you should know that you can tell pretty early on if you've got a good contender on your hands, right? This just confuses me.

So there we go. Magcargo for Guzma, and Magnaton for Mimikyu. I will TRY to do the wonder trade before the Nanu fight, since according to the pattern, the split AFTER this one will be a short one with Nanu and Fairy Painter Girl whose name doesn't sound like the name of the newish CCG TotalBiscuit likes to play. Be safe, Persons.

#13 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2441 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:05 PM

Man i need to know when you're gonna wondertrade so i can get on then and hopefully send you something you'll like

#14 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2681 posts 158.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:56 PM

I wonder trade usually whenever I need to be off my machine for a bit. So at totally random times. Oh! And I have a minor complaint: I caught a 4 IV Wingull because I decided that i needed speed evs for the whole team. I'm terrible, shut up. But I can't check which IVs they are, because I don't have access to the Judge, and won't until long after the run is over.

#15 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2681 posts 158.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:17 AM

Alright, Guzma is down, and we are back at home with the team ready to be sent out. Next split is Nanu and Faeria, I think. Or whatever Melanie's name is. I don't remember. This split took 4 days because I was convinced I needed to cap out Speed and Defense EVs in fear of Mimikyu and Golisopod. But... Well, Here's the Team.

Magcargo

Level 40 with Shell Smash, Ancient Power, Earth Power, and Lava Plume. And Flame Body.

What was going to be my sweeper against Golisopod turned into my pokemon I couldn't actually use do to coverage on everyone else. Interestingl, Slugma and Magcargo are not in the Alolan dex at all, and since the Alolan dex doesn't get the national dex until ???, they will not count towards dex completion this run. I really wanted to try to use him, too.

Gumshoos

Level 41 with Take Down, Super Fang, Crunch, and Sand Attack. And Strong Jaw.

It's weird, honestly. Gumshoos would totally be an HM slave pokemon, if HM Slaves were still needed. I love me some Super Fang into Stab Take Down though. Kinda Useful while I was going through Po Town, but mostly because I spent day 3 being under leveled and day 4 being overleveled, in the span of about an hour. So very confused.

Magneton

Level 44 with Electro Ball, Thunder Wave, Tri Attack, and Flash Cannon. And Analytic.

So, Going for Speed EVs was a great idea for everyone else, but not Magneton. Going for Defense EVs was a terrible Idea in general. And although he was easily the most used pokemon during the split, he has the second fewest accomplishments that actually matter. Also, Fuck SoS grinding for Evs. Getting rewarded with 4+ Perfect IV pokemon is great, but the fights take an hour a piece and it's all about management of information. And Boring. So very boring.

Gabite

Level 42 with Slash, Dragon Claw, Dig, and Dragon Rush. And Sand Veil

So, you know how Gible and Gabite learn a BUNCH of Claw, Slash moves? Yeah, they do NOT get False Swipe until they can evolve into Garchomp. For some reason. I do not know what that reason is, since they clearly have claws that are as effective as other pokemons. Honestly, Gabite is the main reason i was able to get to a decent level after the first fight with Guzma made me realize I was still underleveled.

Ledian

Level 43 with Reflect, Air Slash, Bug Buzz, and Light Screen. And Swarm.

Wanna know something cool? You can get a legal Ledian with rollout for $400. How? Well, you need at least 2 of the Gen 3 games, one of the Gen 4 games, one or more of the gen 5 games, access to pokemon Bank, and the consoles to go with all of them. From there, you need to get LEdian from either Pokemon Collseum or Leaf Green, transfer it upto Emerld, have the move tutor use it's ONE UE ONLY Rollout Tutor on Ledian, transfer it into gen 4, then gen 5, then pokemon bank. Why would you do this? You wouldn't! Ledian is fucking terrible as anything but a screen setup. Seriously, that's ALL she does.

Lapras

Level 41 with Body Slam, Perish Song, Water Pulse, and Freeze-Dry. And Water Absorb.

Let me make this clear. Lapras is a beast of a pokemon with speed investment. She's not the best attacker, but give her one or two level advantage and she will one or 2 shot every single enemy pokemon in the game. And anything she Can't one or two shot goes down to perish song. Perish Songed Mimikyu and it's pet haunter. Freeze-dryed Golisopod into ariados who i then three shot, and then freeze dried golisopod again. Seriously, Lapras is boss and she prays for your sins for you.

So yeah, this split took too damn long, but the hard part now if leveling before the fight with Nanu/ Lusamine. Also, do we get the Psychium from Wicke coming up, because if the next split is instead Nanu into Lusamine, that's literally a one dungeon split. Just seems to be REALLY short is all. Or is the Psychium over at Tapu Bulu's house? I forgot all the things! Gah! Be safe Persons. 

#16 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2681 posts 158.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:27 AM

I... I am almost crying. Like, WHAT?!? Why?!? Wonder Trade, you have finally betrayed me! It's so unfair, and other valley girl euphemisms! Sob sob sob...

In all seriousness, The run will continue, but this split is likely going to be hell. Remember, the next major trial is Nanu, and i have NO BUG OR FIGHTING OR FAIRY TYPES! I mean, I can USE the Fightinium, shure, and the expert belt. And I might be able to get play rough as a TM, except i don't think it's got a TM. Ugh... Anyway! Here is the team AFTER the Wonder Trade TO END ALL WONDER TRADES!

Trumbeak

Level 27 with Pluck, Fury Attack, Roost, and Rock Smash. And Skill Link.

Oh look, another Toucannon after a bit. Thing is, I'm supposed to be level 45 right now, and i have no clue where i can go to go exp grinding. Yes, Skill link with Fury attack isn't the worst thing ever, but i would really prefer hyper beam. Maybe I'm just Petty.

Yungoos

Level 3 with Tackle and Leer. and Strong Jaw.

Another Gumshoos. So many uses of Brick Break this time around. Anyone remember where the Black Belt is, or do i have to gind on Machops to get it this time?

Snivy

Level 1 with Tackle and Glare. And Overgrow.

Either of the other gen 5 starters would have been better!  It's not even a contrary Snivy! Screw you, you speedy little Drain Tank. Muay Thai your face!

Magikarp

Level 1 with Splash. And Swift Swim.

Ugh... Gyarados is great, but who can i go grinding with and where?!? Why would you do this to me, Wonder Trade?!? Why?!? There are Haunters and Geodudes and Drampas in this game too! Can I get even one of those?!?

Lugia

Level 55 with Surf, Hydro Pump, Aeroblast, and Fly. And Pressure.

Oh look, a TANK Legendary. That I CAN'T CONTROL until AFTER NANU. Don't get me wrong, it's cool(?) that I got a legendary, but if it was gonna be ANY Legendary, could it AT LEAST have been either Heatran or Terakion? Please?!?

Wishiwashi

Level 17 with Helping Hand, Feint Attack, Brine, and Aqua Ring. And Schooling.

Oh look, the only other Pokemon I got that I can TRY to start the grind wheel with. Guess I should try to farm on some Salandit then, even though I'm quite sure I can't put Bulldoze on anyone for quite some time. Ugh.

Yeah, I'm not happy with what I got, but it's workable. I'm just sick of getting Magikarp and Yungoos. Like, Magikarp is actually useful after a small wait, but Yungoos doesn't get take down till almost 30. Maybe next time we'll get growlithe, Misdreveas, or Cutiefly. Here's hoping. I think this split either ends with Lusamine after the Psychium or Melanie with the Fairium. Either way, this'll end on the next island. Be safe, persons. 

#17 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2441 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain

Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:45 AM

I don't know about you. .. but personally I'd keep the legendary and just send out something else. Lol put lugia in the bank or a box and not use anymore for the run. But maybe that's cause I'm greedy and like to keep the cool stuff

#18 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2681 posts 158.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:01 AM

So uh... I'm a bit late. And... Okay, my sleep schedule aside, this split should NOT have taken me a week. I spent most of iot trying to get AN item that i gave up on. It was very sad. Now, why is this split so short? It's Nanu's grand Trial, The raid on Aether Paradise, The trip to Executor ISland, and then Plumeria's goons. Yeah, I forgot that Plumeria gives you the poisonium just before the Hapu Fight, which I also totally forgot about. Hell, the next split is EVEN shorter, since it'll be Hapu, then The Faerie chick halfway through Vast Poni canyon. And now that I have Machamp, I can actually go and get the other Z crystals that aren't plot hand outs. Go Me.

Here's the team we're sending out.

Serperior

Level 50 with Leaf Blade, Glare, Coil, and Leech Seed. And Overgrow.

Used it rarely, since Gyarados and Wishwashi had all the physical attack and buffs i would ever need. Shame that most of the Grass type starters are terrible, as I like most of their designs better than the Water types, usually. Why make a Grass type a speedy tank?

Wishiwashi

Level 53 with Tearful Look, Double-Edge, Dive, and Aqua Tail. And Schooling.

So, even though it takes Wishiwashi level 20-25ish to get the schooling buff, once he has it, he turns into a Palkia with less HP. It's nuts. Also! If you hit yourself in confusion under half HP, Schooling doesn't turn off. It's Weird.

Gyarados

Level 51 with Dragon Dance, Ice Fang, Crunch, and Aqua Tail. And Intimidate.

Honestly, the star of the split, and pretty much will always be when i get lucky enough to have him. Did you know that Gyarados has the ability to build into a Rain Special Sweeper? Yeah, at some point, someone decided that Gyarados needed another buff and got Hurricane and Rain Dance as level up moves. Anyone who says Gen 1 was the nicest gen needs to look at Gyarados again.

Gumshoos

Level 50 with Facade, Super Fang, Thief, and Hyper Fang. And Strong Jaw.

Just... Look, I'm gonna use this platform to go on a rant about how Gamefreak/ The Pokemon Company goes about distributing the type booster items. Firstly, the type booster items got a 10% buff. This is good. What blows Gyarados Tail is that a good portion of the Type Booster items are hidden on wild pokemon at 5% drop rates. Oh, but SOS Chains would make it easy to farm then, right? ...No. Not at all. See, the Magnet is only on Nosepass, who in this game has rest, thereby disabling SOS chaining rather effectively. After 19+ attempts, over about 3 days because it's so damn frustrating when you failing to start the chain because you aren't allowed to use False Swipe because none of your pokemon can learn it and ARGH!!!!! I'm firmly of the belief that every single type booster should be hidden somewhere in the over world or in dungeons as cool items you can pick up. Locking them on wild pokrmon has only ever brought pain and grinding to me and others, for items that see almost no use in the competitive scene. It's Bullshit.

As for Gumshoos, Facade is amazing, and he was barely used aside from trying to get a magnet. I wanted to get a Magnet, a Black Belt, and a Metal Coat before moving on, but i gave up on it. Screw you, Gamefreak/ The Pokemon Company.

Lugia

Level 60 with Surf, Hydro Pump, Aeroblast, and Fly. And Pressure.

Didn't use it at all. still miffed I didn't get Heatran or Raikou or even either of the Djinns. Those i would've wanted to use at least. Lugia is cool, and Aeroblast is awesome, but Lugia is also a Tank, so I don't care.

Toucannon

Level 51 with Beak Blast, Bullet Seed, Roost, and Rock Smash. And Skill Link.

Still Love me some Toucannon, although he wasn't used too much. Mainly was used for early grinding. Skill Link Bullet Seed is fun, and better than Fury Attack, even on a normal type.

And that Covers this split. Next split has already been revealed, and we'll get to it shortly. Be safe persons. Also, Shoutcraft Kings is on right now, go watch it.

#19 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2681 posts 158.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:59 PM

Couldn't keep myself awake for the whole tourney. Or EU LCS. But, I did get the wonder Trade done. And... It's pretty nice. I mean, it could be better, But I should have all i need for the next two trials at least. Sucks that this split is so short, since i'd like to run this team for a while. And speaking of, here they are!

Rockruff

Level 1 with Tackle, Leer, Fire Fang, and Sucker Punch. And Steadfast.

So yeah, people are breeding Rockruff, which is odd to me, since I've never been attracted to Rockruff or either of the evolutions. I mean, they both LOOK cool, and Accelrock is a thing that should have existed for quite some time now, but the stats on either of the Lycanroc forms are just eh. Good thing the rest of the team can carry him.

Poliwag

Level 17 with Water Gun, Hypnosis, Bubble, and Double Slap. And Damp.

Damp is a terrible ability and I love it. I am wondering if i could run a Belly Drum set with this Poliwag with either Aqua Jet or maybe a Poliwrath with Cross Chop. Might be really cool. Or, i could give someone a Politoad at the end of the split. Not sure yet.

Psyduck

Level 16 with Water Gun, Confusion, Fury Swipes, and Water Pulse. And Damp.

Cloud Nine is so much better, but I do like Golduck. Honestly, I just wish Golduck could do what Starmie could do, without the movepool. And by that I mean I wish Golduck had a psychic subtyping. Would be nice, Y'know?

Wingull

Level 17 with Supersonic, Wing Attack, Mist, and Water Pulse. And Hydration.

I didn't need a third water type guys, but it's fine. Peliper will probably be my carry for this run anyway, since Hapu is the next Trial and having Rain Dance, Mystic Water, and Scald is always a nice combo. I like Peliper.

Salandit (Male)

Level 19 with Ember, Sweet Scent, Dragon Rage, and Smog. And Corrosion.

I really wish you were Femalre, Mr. Salandit. I've not yet run Salazzle and I would love to have her going against Mina or whatever Fairy Trial leader's name is. I don't think it's Melania, but I'm a terrible person, so it might be.

Zubat

Level 10 with Absorb, Supersonic, and Astonish. And Inner Focus.

Crobat Hype! I will totally try to rush this Zubat into a Crobat, as Crobat is one of my favorite Gen 2 pokemon. Although, that's mostly because of the huge buffs he gets going into Gen 5, where he was my first actual Level 100 pokemon. Crobat is boss, and I will hear no argument to the contrary.

So yeah, Wonder Trade was kinda nice to me this time. Shame it's literally a 3 event split. It's going to be Hapu, who is sitting outside her house waiting for me to show up at level 50, Vast Poni Canyon, which will be the hardest part of the trip if i bother to fight all the trainers, and then Fairy Leader chick, who is sitting outside the dragon trial. I also know that one of my splits will be just the picking up of 2 of the hidden Z-crystals, specifically, the Flying and Psychic ones. I kinda hoping that I'll do that next honestly. Be safe, persons.

#20 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2681 posts 158.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 17 August 2017 - 04:43 AM

Alright, so the "Hapu Split" as I will now refer to it, is literally half of one dungeon and 1 fight. I mean, it IS the longest dungeon in game, but it's just that it's ONE dungeon. I mean, sure, the Nanu Split was Nanu, Aether Paradise, Executor Island, and Plumeria's Goons. But, that's 1 and a half dungeons, multiple story events, and 1 and a tenth boss fights. Maybe I should have spaced it by 3 z crystals instead... IDK. Anyway!

Split is done, here is the team.

Poliwrath

Level 50 with Wake-up Slap, Belly Drum, Scald, and Body Slam. And Damp.

I didn't actually check, but it seems as though i can't get a king's rock until almost the end of the game, or rather, post game. It's really weird, since i can get ALL of the Judgement Plates now, because they spawn after the Nanu fight. So, i went out and got almost all of them. Except the ones i can't buy. That's not the point. Poliwrath is a decent fighting type, but a shitty water type. Or, at least he would be, if Poliwhirl got any good fighting moves that weren't Wake-Up Slap. Oh, and Poliwraths Evo Move? Fucking Submission. Screw Submission. Next!

Golduck

Level 47 with Aqua Tail, Psychic, Zen Headbutt, and Scald. And Damp.

The Dampest of teams here, folks. Golduck saw almost no use throughout the one day i had this team. Mainly because without the psychic typing, there's not really a good way to use him. He want's to use psyche up to counter boost into a team and wreck them, but that only works if they have defenses stacked and then Golduck can't really answer that guy he's set up on and wibbly wobbly KO's Golduck. I miss Surf.

Lycanroc

Level 52 with Rock Slide, Stealth Rock, Fire Fang, and Sucker Punch. And Steadfast.

Okay, the new guy in town and... meh, no complaints. I mean, i don't think we needed another pokemon to set up stealth rocks given how much most of the community hates Stealth Rock, but, decent speed and physical sweeper on a rock type without being Aerodactyl might have it's uses. Kinda. Someday. I hope.

Crobat

Level 53 with Bite, Cross Poison, Confuse Ray, and Acrobatics. And Inner Focus.

Okay, time to both praise Crobat, and then bitch about stuff. Ahem; FUCK YOU, FAIRY CAPTAIN PERSON I CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT YOUR NAME IS! You can go die in a small fire right next to all the OTHER OPTIONAL FUCKING CAPTAIN FIGHTS! Here I am, so excited about being able to finally use an amazing Poison Type for maybe the first time since Poison became a real thing... and then you end the split by showing up on a bridge, saying hi, GIVING ME THE DAMN Z-CRYSTAL, and then going home?!? I remember why i don't remember you now, you terrible Granbull user! Crobat was the grinding bot for almost a full day, JUXST TO PREPARE FOR YOU, and then you just BAIL?!? Screw you, and your hand-out! Arghbleishikhanzoom!

So yeah, fuck her, Crobat is awesome. Would've liked Infiltrator more than Inner Focus, but since he carried this split, I will not complain about him. Or her, sorry. I's gotz me a female Crobat... yeee!

Salandit

Level 37 with Flame Burst, Nasty Plot, Flamethrower, and Venoshock. And Corrosion.

And speaking of wasted potential! Look, Salazzle is greaty, or so I've been told and have thought, but Salandit really is just a basic pokemon that's been denied it's evolution for a stupid reason. Not for lore reasons, which is actually a good reason that I'm okay with, but without a good tradeoff like say, a tankier than average basic stat line to make up for it? Maybe? No? You're just gonna force Salandit into being a worse Grimer Or Koffing? Okay then. Salandit was used once to so that i could use items during the one and only major fight of the split.

Peliper

Level 51 with Supersonic, Air Cutter, Mist, and Scald. And Drizzle.

And speaking of the Hapu Fight... I forgot that I needed to be 48 to fight her, so Imagine my surprise when she busts out a level 48 Gastrodon with Recover and Muddy Water. Yeah, Hapu's Fight has been the hardest so far, because the only pokemon i had at level at the time was Crobat at 48. Dugtrio went down fine, But Gastrodon almost swept through my entire team. Oh, and since when did Flygon's Dragon Breath almost one shot HP tanks? Did Flygon get +10 or +20 Special Attack this gen?

Oh right, Peliper. Peliper is awesome now, mostly thanks to the buff he got with Drizzle being an easy to get ability on him. Rain, Scald and Mystic water all the way... until you realize that without decent IVS and or SP.A EV investment, Peliper really isn't a sweeper. And since I once again did not have anyone who could use False Swipe, Getting any EV spreads at all would've sucked. But yeah, Peliper is good, fuck Gastrodon. You can take your evil snail self and go back to Gen 4, where you and Tangrowth can work out which of you is the better Tank. It's not Mamoswine.

Not sure I'll even POST the next split, since the plan is to go and get the 2 floating z-crystals, the Flynium and the Psycium, and then wonder trade for the second to last time so that i can wonder trade before the elitle four. But yeah, this split is the World Z-crystal split, which should take all of about an hour. Be safe, persons.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pokemon Sun, Gerdat14, Pokemon, 3ds, Rocket Rabbit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users