Photo
- - - - - No replies to this topic

Kul Elna: Gateway to the Burning Abyss

• Please log in to reply

#1 MidnightDaybreak Ancient One SSJ4 Poster 2067 posts 3.00 XCB

MidnightDaybreak
  • Interests:Lessee... my kitten, RPing (especially battles XD), WWE, my kitten, DX, my kitten, movies, reading, writing, my kitten, anime/manga, my kitten, games, definitely sex *drool* my kitten... um my kitten... um... did I say my kitten yet? o.o

Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:24 AM

So yeah, Duelist Saga drops later this month, meaning after waiting 11+ years since I first saw it in the anime, I can FINALLY play Diabound Kernel! The question is, what's the most competitive way to use it.

As much as I'd love to do a strict Bakura build (and might for fun on the side), I don't think that's gonna cut it. I'm currently running BA, which I was looking to upgrade, but haven't made any moves yet since I'm waiting for Diabound. 

I was initially going to do a Zoodiac BA build, since Zoodiac is the big thing right now, but the price of cards I would need was around $250 (or $450 if I wanted a set of Zoodiac Barrage too), so I sought out something more cost-effective and figured I could do a more traditional PK Fire build for about $185 (slightly better). I had a few other ideas I though might work, like a Chaos Rank 5 deck, or possibly a Darklord/Diabound build (since I was working on Darklords anyway before Diabound was announced) but figured what I've got below might be my best bet.

Any feedback is appreciated. Does this look even remotely viable? If not, does anyone else have any other ideas on how to utilize Diabound?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Main Deck (55):
Monsters (34):
1x Alich, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss
1x Barbar, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss
2x Calcab, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss
1x Cir, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss
1x Dark Necrofear
3x Diabound Kernel
3x Farfa, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss
2x Fiendish Rhino Warrior
2x Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit
1x Graff, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss
1x Kuribandit
1x Libic, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss
1x Rubic, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss
3x Scarm, Malebranche of the Burning Abyss
1x Speedroid Taketomborg
3x Speedroid Terrortop
2x The Phantom Knights of Ancient Cloak
1x The Phantom Knights of Ragged Gloves
3x The Phantom Knights of Silent Boots
1x Tour Guide From the Underworld

Spells (10):
3x Allure of Darkness
2x Dark Hole
1x Emergency Teleport
1x Raigeki
1x Soul Charge
2x That Grass Looks Greener

Traps (11):
2x Call Of The Haunted
3x Escape from the Dark Dimension
2x Fiend Griefing
3x Phantom Knight's God Blade
1x Torrential Tribute

Extra Deck (15):
Fusion (1):
1x Dante, Pilgrim of the Burning Abyss

Synchro (5):
1x Black Rose Dragon/Black Rose Moonlight Dragon
1x Clear Wing Synchro Dragon
1x Michael, the Arch-Lightsworn
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Virgil, Rock Star of the Burning Abyss

Xyz (8):
1x Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon
1x Beatrice, Lady of the Eternal
1x Daigusto Emeral
2x Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss
1x Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon
1x Leviair the Sea Dragon
2x The Phantom Knights of Break Sword

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, just in case anyone's been living under a rock, here's Diabound Kernel's stats:

s-l300.jpg

DARK
Fiend / Effect
Level: 5
ATK: 1800
DEF: 1200
When this card declares an attack: It gains 600 ATK. During either player's turn: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; it loses ATK equal to this card's ATK, then banish this card until the Standby Phase of the next turn. This ATK decrease lasts until the end of this turn. You can only use this effect of "Diabound Kernel" once per turn.

Edited by MidnightDaybreak, 11 March 2017 - 08:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users