Photo
- - - - - 3 replies to this topic

Updating older Kuriboh deck, but been gone a while

• Please log in to reply

#1 mnementh2000 Oldies Sir Post-a-lot 315 posts 0.00 XCB

mnementh2000
  • Interests:Art, RC Airplanes, Reading, Video Games, Yugioh (Of Course :D)

Posted 10 February 2017 - 03:10 PM

Ok, first off, I've been out of the gaming scene for the most part for several years. I know a few of the changes that have occurred, as I would by a pack or two here and there, but haven't played in a long time (stopped mid Synchro-era). I usually play for fun, not highly competitively (though I have placed well in several touneys locally at my height). One of my last (and favorite) decks was a Kuriboh Thief deck. I would like a little help in tweaking it, if possible.

Monsters:

3  Kuriboh

3  Winged Kuriboh

3  Destiny Hero - Plasma

3  Relinquished

3  Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands

1  Spirit Reaper

1  Marshmallon

1  Dandylion

1  Plaguespreader Zombie

1  Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind

___

Spells:

1  Mystical Space Typhoon

3  The Flute of Summoning Kuriboh

2  Multiply

1  Detonate

1  Scapegoat

1  Swords of Revealing Light

3  Black Illusion Ritual

1  Allure of Darkness

2  The Grave of Enkindling

1  Book of Moon

3  Book of Eclipse

___

Traps:

1  Call of the Haunted

1  Mirror Force

1  Magic Cylinder

___

Extra:

(Can't quite remember, been a while and I have quite a few Synchros)

The basis of the deck is pretty straight forward - the summoning of Plasma and Relinquished to steal my opponent's monsters (and, in the process, negate their field activated effects), while at the same time controlling the field and LP loss with Kuriboh / Winged Kuriboh, and the Books to stop their attacks or flip monsters to reset my absorbtion effects on Plasma and Relinquished. Those two cards are the base of the deck, along with The Grave of Enkindling (to res the Kuribohs then Detonate or Multiply or whatnot as needed).

I can't really see the new Pendullums in this dack, as most of the monsters are either 1*, are special summon, or require being normal summoned for their effects. I am looking into possibly rearranging things so that I could incorporate Thousand-Eyes Restrict, now that it is not banned, and am willing to drop the Tuners as needed, as getting much out with the low number of stars available was rare. That would give yet another thief monster for the deck that doesn't actually go into the deck, per se, and with the thinned extra deck, it should be fairly simple. I noticed that BLS-EoB is no longer banned, so that is a possibility, along with Chaos Sorcerer.

I have as full play-set of each of the Kuri- monsters, as well as the aforementioned BLS, TER, and CS. I also have a large collection up to the beginnings of XYZ, and some since from various sets. I can get a hold of most other cards (provided they aren't that expensive) with little to no trouble, so most suggestions will be no problem.

Thanks in advance.

#2 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9356 posts 688.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:16 PM

oh boy we gonna have fun with this

"cracks knuckles"

Monsters:
3  Kuriboh 
3  Winged Kuriboh
3  Destiny Hero - Plasma
3  Relinquished (not worth in this deck)
3  Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands (see above)
1  Spirit Reaper (this is not needed)
1  Marshmallon (or thi,s what are you going back to 2008?)
1  Dandylion (also not overly needed without the rest of the engine)
1  Plaguespreader Zombie
1  Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind (not needed outside of a dedicated deck)

1  Mystical Space Typhoon
3  The Flute of Summoning Kuriboh
2  Multiply
1  Detonate
1  Scapegoat (not needed)
1  Swords of Revealing Light
3  Black Illusion Ritual (cut relinquished and this)
1  Allure of Darkness
2  The Grave of Enkindling (this is a trap and also garbage)
1  Book of Moon
3  Book of Eclipse (letting your opponent potentially +5? no thanks)

Traps:
1  Call of the Haunted
1  Mirror Force (better variants exist)
1  Magic Cylinder (no, just no)

a kuriboh deck isnt really that great tbh, but if you do want one then there are better ways to do it, winged kuriboh lv10 can be a game winner in the right situation, lv9 can be a pretty beefy beatstick and you can use cards like cannon soldier alongside kuriboh tokens for some pretty major damage or even token thanksgiving/feastevil for some healing or damage or even just use the tokens for synchros

overall this is what i would do

-3 Relinquished
-3 Manju
-1 Spirit Reaper
-1 Marshmallon
-1 Gale
+2 Lonefire Blossom
+1 Glow up Bulb
+1 Spore
+3 Kuriborhn
+1 Winged Kuriboh lv10
+1 Rainbow Kuriboh

-1 Scapegoat
-1 Detonate
-3 Black Illusion ritual
-3 Book of Eclipse
-2 Grave of Enkindling

+1 Twin Twisters
+1 One for One
+1 Multiply
+1 Foolish Burial
+2 Transcendent Wings
+1 Jar of Avarice
+2 Call of the Haunted
+1 Soul Charge

-1 Mirror Force
-1 Magic cylinder
+2 Blazing Mirror Force/Storming Mirror Force/Drowning Mirror Force/Quaking Mirror force (personal prefrence)

just for some basic changes to try out. with this also kit out an extra deck with a couple of rank 1 monsters and plenty of synchros (heck with this deck i could see you making Quasar somehow)

Edited by Yami Stomach, 10 February 2017 - 09:18 PM.

#3 mnementh2000 Oldies Sir Post-a-lot 315 posts 0.00 XCB

mnementh2000
  • Interests:Art, RC Airplanes, Reading, Video Games, Yugioh (Of Course :D)

Posted 11 February 2017 - 02:19 AM

Thanks for the input. I'll look into some of the changes. Will probably keep the Scapegoat, as it makes a good quick save, not to mention fodder for Plasma. As for The Grave of Enkindling, I meant Inferno Reckless Summon (I sometimes get the names mixed up, and it HAS been several years). Losing Relinquished... ouch. Was part of the basis of the deck, especially with all those 1 star monsters in there. Still...

I will probably keep MF in there until I can look into one of it's variants. I agree wholeheartedly on Kuriborhn, as that was one of the reasons I was revisiting the deck. I will have to retry the WK Lv10, as I had tried it in the original build, but dropped it due to unreliability, and the requirements on summoning.

As for the rest, I will take closer looks at them to try them out.

Thanks for the feedback.

Now to get some help on my Terminal Velocity deck (Terminal World coupled with Timeater). When it went off, it really worked, but at the time it had a few glaring problems that I knew could be addressed with a few cards that came out later.

#4 ShawnHa Members Just Starting 1 posts 0.00 XCB

ShawnHa

Posted Yesterday, 12:07 AM

That seems really interesting and powerful. Too bad I've been out of it for much too long to try to make something like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users