Photo
- - - - - 544 replies to this topic

Duel Links

• Please log in to reply

#541 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5480 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako
  • Interests:Video Games, Yugioh, and many other things.

Posted 24 August 2018 - 12:42 PM

So... anyone feel like commenting on Bakuras new event? Personally I enjoy it, the dice battles piss me off at times, but the fact it forces you to use preconstructed decks is what makes it most enjoyable to me. Makes you try out new strategies... though I kinda stopped changing decks once I got a lv 40 deck to drop. Inzektors and Queen, which is basically a deck built around using Cocoon of Ultra Evolution and the equipping power of Inzektors to summon out Metamorphosed Insect Queen while also allowing the Inzektors to thrive in power even without doing that. That happened around stage 21 or so for me, I think... cant remember. I do recall getting a lv 30 sea serpent and dino deck after I got the Inzektor deck, though.

#542 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4559 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 26 August 2018 - 03:59 AM

Yeah, I like the event, though I kinda wish it wasn't a lottery given it's not as grindable as other lottery events. (That, or it should have had slightly fewer rewards. Skilled Blue and Berserk Gorilla are obvious filler, they could've skipped them.) Also wish the booby-prize chests giving like 100-200 coins gave something else, anything else. N/R cards from the event, 5 lottery coins, 1 gem, 5 R Jewels. Anything but the small number of coins (or less coins, or attribute gems).

I stuck with Spellcaster LV30 for quite a while, then switched to the Dinosaur beatdown deck since the auto-duel AI kept losing to the opponent deck with Dark Crusader, and eventually switched to U.A. even though it has some consistency issues.

I almost have sets of the cards. Just need 1 more Zorc, 1 Skilled White Magician and 2 Earthbound Spirit. (I haven't had a single Earthbound Spirit from the lottery, the only one I have is the guaranteed one.)

#543 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5480 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:11 PM

I used the U.A. Deck for a while, was powerful but had more dead draws in less uses than Inzektor Queen so I went back to that eventually. I ended up using the EX gems to buy my 2nd Winged Sage Falcos, but at the end I had two of that and 2 Zorc with a set of everything else. Overall I was meh on the cards period, might make a Zorc deck in the future just for the funsies but nothing serious. The concept of the whole event was fun though.

#544 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5480 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted 30 September 2018 - 02:49 PM

Wow, rather quiet here. Not even a word about anything from the Yubel event...

So.... Synchros are finally here along with 5Ds characters... and anyone who knows my preferences knows im kinda pissed a bit at a lack of Jack Atlas. Yet we get freaking LEO! X/

Removing my bias, though, synchros are rather lacking right now. Not a lot of good generics yet, in my opinion.

Edited by Zane Kamanako, 30 September 2018 - 02:50 PM.

#545 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4559 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:44 AM

Yeah, they started Synchros a tad weaker than I was expecting. It bothers me that only 1 5D's duelist actually gives any Synchros at all. Would it have killed them to give, say, Gram to Crow or something, or things like Armed Wing or <insert Warrior Synchro here> to Yusei as Level rewards? Also, Junk Synchron not being a standalone card is dumb. As is Copy Plant being the card in Akiza's skill, it really should have been Twilight Rose Knight.

That being said, I wasn't expecting Blue-Eyes stuff this early. Azure-Eyes seems pretty good for this point in Duel Links. And with it came a crapton of overdue Normal support like Faustian Bargain and Dark Factory. X-Sabers I was expecting, but probably aren't good enough yet, despite Hyunlei, Boggart Knight and Saber Slash existing.

The thing that has me most excited right now is the Card Flipper campaign honestly. Leng Ling is a card. A card I want. I really want Cyberdarks to be good. Now I just hope we get a Claw and/or Cannon from the Zane event, or a skill that dumps a Dragon from Deck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users