Photo
- - - - - 432 replies to this topic

Duel Links

• Please log in to reply

#421 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5437 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako
  • Interests:Video Games, Yugioh, and many other things.

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:03 PM

Well, Ive got a set of everything but Amber Mammoth and Phantom Skyblaster (which I have 2 of each) and have still failed to get even 1 copy of Rainbow Life! Anyone got a farm deck that works for the lv 40 Jesse? Otherwise Ive been either using my Ancient Gear deck or (more recent and better for getting low on cards in deck) my Horus deck for easy victories but they only get me around 4000 points.

#422 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9440 posts 690.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:09 PM

Cerberus, he has no removal or mode switching and Chazz gets Draw Sense: Low Level by lvup. Paladin also works if you have that option. 

#423 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4518 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:59 AM

I have 3-5 of most of them. 2 Rainbow Life, and freaking 12 Topaz Tiger. >.>

Lol. Knew it. Next time I faced Jesse after saying that, I got Rainbow Life #3, lol.

Edited by RiverShock, 13 November 2017 - 05:16 AM.

#424 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5437 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:46 PM

I demand your luck! Ive acquired a set and then some of everything BUT rainbow life, and ive still got 0 of that!

#425 bobandjim Oldies Needs a life 965 posts 108.00 XCB

bobandjim

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:58 PM

I used the exact same Dark Paladin deck against Jesse and I did against Alexis.

#426 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9440 posts 690.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:09 PM

so did i but didnt Zane say he lacked a 2nd paladin awhile ago?

hows everyone doing in KC cup? sitting at dlv12 myself with Ancient Gear. just pulled a 3rd electro

#427 bobandjim Oldies Needs a life 965 posts 108.00 XCB

bobandjim

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:51 PM

You only need 1 paladin if you run 3 union attack.  Or 1 paladin and any ritual monster and 2 union attack.  

I'm up to level 17 so far.  Been bouncing between Ninjas, Cyber Angels, and Glad Beasts.

Edited by bobandjim, 13 November 2017 - 04:52 PM.

#428 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5437 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:27 PM

I lack a 2nd paladin, but i only need 1 paladin and a fusion to go with my 2 union attacks... though against jesse i found a way to tribute summon buster blader without doing any damage so the dark flare knight usually ends up as tribute fodder

As for kc cup, currently around 11 or 12. Been using my Horus deck, but tempted to switch over to using my cyber angels for a round or two. Barring horrid hands, main issues are mill decks and gladiator beasts.

Edit: I FINALLY GOT ONE! I FINALLY GOT A COPY OF RAINBOW LIFE!!!!!

Edit 2: Ooookay... anyone else have a moment where the game glitches, and despite your displayed character being who you want it puts you with another character and his/her deck you used recently as well? Because for me it happened for two duels in a row before I realized it was a glitch, I went to do a duel in the KC Cup using Crowler and my Horus deck (Its more convenient that way since both him and Kaiba have Beatdown, trying to catch GX up to the majority of my original DW characters) and they were displayed, but for both duels it made me use Chazz and my current Dark Paladin Farm deck! First one I thought it was because I stupidly didnt change them back, so I made sure Crowler was my cover guy and dueled again. When Chazz popped up again, I knew something was up. Ended up losing two duels in a row due to that... so I closed the game and opened it again, suddenly my character was Chazz so I changed it to Crowler and that fixed it. Dove in again, ended up against Gladiator Beasts... lost it and my lv 12 status, so I worked to get it back. I can accept loss, no matter how cheap they are, when I lose because I made a mistake, because the opponent was just better than me, or because they got lucky or I got a bad hand. But I get pissed off when I lose due to glitches or internet connection deciding it wants to go to crap at the wrong moment for no reason!

Edited by Zane Kamanako, 13 November 2017 - 08:34 PM.

#429 bobandjim Oldies Needs a life 965 posts 108.00 XCB

bobandjim

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:16 AM

Just hit Duel Level 20.  Cyber Angels put me over the top in the end.  I'm using Mind Scan so I know if it's safe to go for the OTK or not.  I totally bricked about 4 times with the deck between Level 14 and 20.  Probably won't have time to try really hard in round 2, but it's nice to qualify.

#430 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5437 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:06 AM

Threw together an Ancient Gear deck using the one Sergeant Electro I own (Im honestly surprised how useful little A.G. Soldier has been) and climbed to 16 fairly easily compared to my Horus deck. A series of bad matchups knocked me back to 15, though. Doesnt seem to matter what decks I build, they struggle against Gladiator Beasts... yet as soon as I make the effort to build them (might be a while, just got the last card I needed from the tickets to attempt a version of Red-Eyes so I gotta go get that last Zombie Dragon and at least one copy of Red Eyes Wyvern from the packs) I'll find every deck variation that kicks their ass.

Edited by Zane Kamanako, 14 November 2017 - 02:08 AM.

#431 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9440 posts 690.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:46 PM

that was the single most bullshit duel i've ever had ever. i drew EVERY SPELL AND TRAP IN MY DECK before i drew another monster aside from 3x electro and knight. bottom 6 cards of my deck were 3 beast 2 knight and golem. what the actual fuck

#432 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9440 posts 690.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:50 AM

well, i did it. i beat Cyber angels. i've never felt so proud. 

#433 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5437 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted Yesterday, 01:03 PM

Okay built a Nephthys deck because I acquired a second copy and had most of what I thought I needed, but besides a missing Goka (working on that, btw. Its just #2s taking a while) I feel like Ive done something wrong compared to a lot of the variations Ive gone up against... Can someone help?

Skill: Beatdown (always useful when you focus on high levels, plus allows you to run over a lot of crap)

Monsters:

2x Nephthys (Dont feel like I need more)

1x Goka the Pyre of Malice (Working on a 2nd)

3x Red Dragon Ninja (being a Winged Beast, a fire, and having the ability to bounce backrow seems like a good match)

3x Fire King Avatar Yaksha (VERY important monster)

Spells:

3x E-Controller (useful staple)

2x Fire King Island (VERY useful, but rarely does its self-destruct effect end in me surviving the next turn)

2x Card of the Soul (Feel like its important for grabbing Nephthys, but if I take damage before I can it mostly ends up useless)

Traps:

1x Floodgate Traphole (Feels like a new staple)

2x Wild Tornado (THIS I know I need max of, and 2 is all I have)

1x Windstorm of Etaqua (Its either I use this or Curse of Anubis, and Im starting to think I should use Curse due to it locking the opposing monsters in def until the end phase and not changing def monsters to atk mode)

Also, can anyone explain to me why the game wont let me use Floodgate Traphole against a Gladiator Beast thats been special summoned by a Gladiator Beast's end of Battle Phase effect? Because they returned a Dimacari and summoned Bestiari, yet I couldnt use it in response to Bestiari's summon.

Edited by Zane Kamanako, Yesterday, 01:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users