Photo
- - - - - 578 replies to this topic

Duel Links

• Please log in to reply

#21 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5492 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako
  • Interests:Video Games, Yugioh, and many other things.

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:15 PM

Ive got the relinquished so im just climbing for blue eyes toon just because its something.

#22 bobandjim Ancient One Needs a life 987 posts 108.00 XCB

bobandjim

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:30 PM

Im at 1.5 million already. You kinda get pretty far just by playing normally. I havn't done grinding type duels on pegasus at all, just the regular 2.5k points duels.  That 18x multiplier is big.  

#23 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:34 PM

yeah but after like 6 duels with him i'm only just now breaking 300000 so i don't know if i'll bother going for toon dragon, i'll keep going casually and see what happens, maybe i will get toon dragon before the event is over who knows. i'm not actively trying for it tho

#24 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5492 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted 05 February 2017 - 04:43 PM

When i win i get about 100,000 per duel. The other times either he first turns toon skull or has judgment. Im not at the millions yet, but im not expecting to get the dragon.

#25 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4590 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 05 February 2017 - 05:48 PM

I'm only at 702k, but I'm pretty lazy and I didn't build a deck specifically for Pegasus, just using my regular point-grinding deck, which is pretty bad at dealing with Pegasus. Also misplayed a few times. (Yeah, activating Metalmorph in my Main Phase and attacking into a Wild Tornado wasn't my brightest moment...) I also could have been playing Duel Links a lot more than I have lately. Might use some Duel Orbs to try and catch up.

Personally, I don't go for specific rewards in these events, I just do as much as I feel like. And really, I care more about the coins, gems and SR/UR things than the cards. Having 2 Relinquished is nice I guess, but eh.

Edited by RiverShock, 05 February 2017 - 05:51 PM.

#26 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5530 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 05 February 2017 - 07:27 PM

I don't really care about the Toon cards. I'm in the same boat as River, just doing it for the coins and stones. Having a second relinquished would make for a fun deck though if I don't get it I won't be mad.

As for the fire pack, it's so nice to want cards like Tyrant Dragon and Infernal Flame Emperor. I pulled Emissary of the Afterlife, but it's not like I have Jerry Beans Man, so.. meh. 

I'm still trying to get Shard of Greed and a second Wonder Balloon, but I'm starting to give up. Still got 100 packs remaining. I don't even need Shard of Greed and there's no point in running 2x Wonder Balloon... So I may just go for Neo-Impact or this new one from now on. Reinforcements would be nicer than Curse of Aging though..

#27 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5492 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:50 PM

I kinda do need 2, they work better than banner of courage and one dragon i run in my kaiba deck gains 300 atk per continuous spell i have. As for the others... im mostly for the gems and orbs, but i want the blue eyes toon becuz blue eyes toon. Not to use.

#28 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4590 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 05 February 2017 - 10:37 PM

I'm glad Australia had the game for a lot longer. I've had enough time to get like one and a half boxes of the first pack, so I have 3 Shard of Greed and 3 Wonder Balloons. (I've actually had 4, and converted one.) Annoyingly, I didn't get a single Wicked-Breaking Flamberge in my entire first box. I currently have 1. I think I'll focus pretty heavily on that pack while it's still here, since Flamberge is pretty important for my point-grinding deck. (I use Guardian Baou to aim for the over 9999 damage bonus, though with only 1 Flamberge, it's not often all that successful...)

#29 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 06 February 2017 - 07:45 AM

i have one shard of greed and it def helps, pegasus honestly isnt much trouble, i had more trouble with the lv30 duel than the lv40 one. Shooting Star Bow is so good for taking down big monsters or poking that last little chunk of damage

#30 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5492 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted 06 February 2017 - 06:44 PM

I keep forgetting that Shooting Star Bow is good, I usually use Half Shut or Mirror Wall for an emergency save and either Flamberg or Sword of Deep Seated for the 500 boost. Especially Deep Seated for its ability to recycle itself. Helps a lot against that damn flip effect deck and Hane Hane when I cant get Flamberg for negating their effects.

#31 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 06 February 2017 - 07:09 PM

i love sword of dark rites on yugi

summon dark effigy, equip sword, 2100 atk monster on the field t1

t2: tribute for cosmo queen/dark magician. get back sword of dark rites to power up big monster even more or save it to increase a weaker monster later

#32 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5492 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted 06 February 2017 - 07:25 PM

i love sword of dark rites on yugi

Doesnt it only increase the atk by 400? I got it from the Trader, but I dont use it because overall I dont have a Dark focused deck and for my purposes I need the 500 gain more.

#33 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:12 PM

its only a 400 boost yes but that's enough to turn most mid powered dark monsters like garaldholg and element soldier/doom into legit threats, also makes dark magician near unkillable outside of michizure or something 

#34 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5492 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:27 PM

Oh, now im clicking. I forgot that with yugi you have yami boosting effigy as well. And oh yeah, though maybe its not as good since it goes on top of the deck that very reason is why i put sword of deep seated almost everywhere i can. 100 more boost and recycles no matter how it ended up in the grave.

#35 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4590 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:35 PM

Honestly, Sword of Deep-Seated's recycling is a downside IMO. If the equipped monster went down, odds are you probably don't have a stronger monster ready. (Removal effects, both monster and S/T, aren't all that common.) Thankfully I have Black Pendant and Gravity Axe - Grarl. They're high-rarity, though.

Hmm, oh god. Didn't realize Keith can give Rare Metalmorph. I need to get on that, my main deck's Machines just because I could... The problem is his Rares are all horrible. Only his Super Rares are any good, and even then, really only Rare Metalmorph. (Second Coin Toss and Heavy Mech Support Platform could be worse I guess. Already have a Reload, not that I'd really use it in a format with a reduced starting hand.)

Oh, and I got Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon off Pegasus. Man, I underestimated how quickly I'd get those like 500k points. Guess I've still got a few hours to beat Pegasus a couple more times.

Edited by RiverShock, 07 February 2017 - 08:37 PM.

#36 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5492 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:19 AM

Ive got grarl, but no black pendant. Surprisingly deep seated hasnt bit me in the butt yet, and normally i do have something else.

#37 bobandjim Ancient One Needs a life 987 posts 108.00 XCB

bobandjim

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:46 PM

I feel like I've had pretty good pack luck on this.  I pulled Tyrant Dragon in my first 10 packs of the new set! 

Deck wise Reinforcements and Banner of Courage are my only attack boosts, but I did pull a Mirror Wall.  I don't have any equips I want to run.  I'm also working towards a clown control deck. I have 3 dream clowns and 3 blade rabbit and 3 mirage of nightmare.  Just need a few more earthquakes and such.

#38 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5492 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:55 PM

Speaking of deck building, anyone found the advised deck ratio? Ive been building mine about 50/25/25 on monsters/spells/traps. Only exception is one of odions decks where i made half the deck mostly traps to maximize burn damage while keeping monsters at 50% of the deck.

#39 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5530 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:43 PM

Well, there's no ratio that will work for every deck. My current deck has 14 monsters, 4 spells and 4 traps (total 22), and that seems to be working fine for my deck.

It's worth mentioning that 1 of my monsters is Sphere Kuriboh, and I have 2 Magical Merchant too.

2 thirds Monsters, 1 third spell/traps. That's working pretty well for me.

---

I'm desperately trying to get the Super Rares from The Ultimate Rising that remain in my packs.. One day I'll get a Shard of Greed... -.-

#40 bobandjim Ancient One Needs a life 987 posts 108.00 XCB

bobandjim

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:28 PM

I've read somewhere there is a burn otk you can do with Tea because she has a skill that gives both players 5 card hands.  I'd love to run the numbers on this game for how it differs from yugioh by only having a 20 card deck.  You could conceivably build some really consistent decks as the card pool expands.  

My PVP Kaiba deck has 13 monsters 4 spells 3 traps.

My Ishizu PVE deck has 13 monsters 3 spells and 4 traps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users