Photo
- - - - - 142 replies to this topic

Duel Links

• Please log in to reply

#1 bobandjim Oldies Needs a life 916 posts 107.00 XCB

bobandjim

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:47 PM

Is anyone else playing Duel Links for I os ? It's pretty good classic yugioh even with only 3 zones per row.  If you enjoy complex battle phases this game is fun.  They are also giving away enough free money right now you can get a good deck without paying real money.

Edited by bobandjim, 24 January 2017 - 11:54 PM.

#2 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4451 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 25 January 2017 - 04:16 AM

Nope, but I am playing it on Android. ;p   (And have been for a long time. Australia's had it for ages.)

I'm at Stage 43. (I could've likely made it to 50 pretty easily by now. I see little reason to, especially since the AI gets new decks at 45.)

And yeah, they're pretty generous with the gems. (And really, even if they weren't, you can grind plenty from leveling up the various duelists anyway, though obviously you'll eventually max them all. That being said, I've maxed like Mai and Keith.)

A tip: Don't waste your Super/Ultra Rare jewels. Make absolutely sure you want what you're getting that badly, they are not easy to come by.

#3 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9349 posts 688.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 25 January 2017 - 04:20 AM

i tried its predecessor and wasnt overly happy with it, tbh i'm fine busting out WC06 on my GBA emulator or Zexal WDC if i need a yugioh fix on the go but if it's really that good i might give it  a shot

Edited by Yami Stomach, 25 January 2017 - 04:20 AM.

#4 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4451 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 25 January 2017 - 04:55 AM

Oh, by the way, if you ever need any Duel Links info, this is a great site for it (aside from the fact it's likely maintained by someone with English as a second language): http://duellinks.gamea.co/

#5 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5495 posts 419.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 25 January 2017 - 06:24 AM

Yeah, me, a few friends and my brother have started playing. Being the most competitive and/or easily addicted, I'm stage 25 if I recall right.

A tip: Don't waste your Super/Ultra Rare jewels. Make absolutely sure you want what you're getting that badly, they are not easy to come by.

Yeah. I've made this mistake already. I've made a great purchase in Bazoo the Soul Eater, but I also went for Mythical Beast Cerberus. I know that it's a good card for getting 6000 points, but it doesn't really apply to the card pool I have at the moment. And right now, Twin-Barrel Dragon is in the store but I can't afford it. Although funnily enough, that's to do with the amount of gold I have and not so much the jewels. 

Anyway, what you guys' Duelist IDs? 

382-039-419. Add me if you like.

And heyy, 700 free gems just came. The servers should be overloaded more often :D

#6 bobandjim Oldies Needs a life 916 posts 107.00 XCB

bobandjim

Posted 25 January 2017 - 04:24 PM

I'm 444 -500-518.

I"m enjoying the PVP alot.  I maxed out at gold rank 3 last season

Edited by bobandjim, 25 January 2017 - 04:26 PM.

#7 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5363 posts 5.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako
  • Interests:Video Games, Yugioh, and many other things.

Posted 25 January 2017 - 05:02 PM

Servers are being a b***h right now, but I'll have mine up here momentarily. Im just focused on what I need right now, and what I need is for Mako Tsunami to get his backside on my arsenal so I can unleash Daedalus. Until then, Im working on trying to get Dinos for Rex Raptor and just leveling up those I care most about. Im only at Rank 22 I think.

Edit: Okay, my Duelist ID is 556-886-328

Edited by Zane Kamanako, 25 January 2017 - 05:05 PM.

#8 bobandjim Oldies Needs a life 916 posts 107.00 XCB

bobandjim

Posted 25 January 2017 - 05:13 PM

Also when you can send the vagabond to do a challenge for your friends always send the 1 card hand challenge.  You get more exp for losing it than you do for winning most of the easier ones.

#9 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5363 posts 5.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted 25 January 2017 - 05:44 PM

Funny, Ive been sending that one to a friend just to be a jerk lol

#10 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5495 posts 419.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 25 January 2017 - 07:51 PM

Lol, I sent my friend the 'start with 3 monster's one today. Was pretty funny. I didn't realise different challenges have more experience than others. I've got Bandit Keith and use cards like Magical Merchant and Arsenal Summoner so I have managed to beat that challenge.

I also made a deck which uses Tribute Doll... I reckon a good hand of that should be able to beat the 3 monster challenge.

Man the servers are awful at the moment. Good to see the game is popular though. Hope we get some more gems!

Speaking of gems - spending them anyway - I pulled 2x 4-Starred Ladybug of Doom today. And finally got Sphere Kuriboh. Not sure if I'll run Ladybug of Doom but in conjuction with Hane-Hane I can get rid of pretty much anything.

#11 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5363 posts 5.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted 26 January 2017 - 07:10 PM

I just want my Pegasus... :'(

#12 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9349 posts 688.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 27 January 2017 - 05:18 AM

so after some nagging (thanks bardon) i downloaded the game. it is AWESOME! shame i don't have many decent cards yet (my strongest card is Dark Magician and my rarest pack pull is Judgment of Anubis) but it still rocks

i love the auto duel feature, you can go up to a random AI, hit the button and go watch something on youtube or whatever and as long as you have enough beatsticks then your AI will always win.

#13 bobandjim Oldies Needs a life 916 posts 107.00 XCB

bobandjim

Posted 27 January 2017 - 11:06 AM

Yeah I was totally suprised by auto duel but love it for grinding.  It's not 100% guaranteed around level 35 and beyond.  Its also fun to watch it totally fail sometimes.  Mine has a habit of playing an equip spell on my monsters then activating Earthquake to turn them to defence position so they get killed :/

#14 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4451 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 27 January 2017 - 11:28 AM

My Auto AI likes to unnecessarily play into Judgment of Anubis when it's about to win. >.>

#15 Bardon Team XC (つ˚Д˚)つ 515 posts 161.00 XCB

Bardon
  • Interests:Anime, games, forums, martial arts, arts and design, encoding, music....living life as i should be! ;3

Posted 27 January 2017 - 11:56 AM

Say what you will with your history from the Tagforce series, but the Vagabond in this game is one HELL of an arse.... =___=

>start with 1k LP

>start with 2 cards

etc etc.

Like, its one thing if those handicaps were placed on us both but putting it solely on me kinda implies him as a hypocritical excuse of a "legend" =P

Oh and my ID's: 980-136-519

#16 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9349 posts 688.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:52 AM

>vagabond starts with 3 monsters

ok as long as they arent super strong and i draw a decent monster in my opening hand i'm fine

>Barrel Dragon and Sanga of the Thunder

131723914933.gif

#17 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5363 posts 5.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:54 AM

I know right? Not to mention hes likely tribute summoning if you cant kill them all.

How did I just do that? Went against Vagabonds 1 card hand size limit and opened with Tribute Doll... Never drew a single 7 star, though I do run 2 in the deck, and somehow pulled off a win with 200 lp left! Thank you Blast Held by a Tribute, I owe my final blow to you!

Edited by Zane Kamanako, 30 January 2017 - 12:21 PM.

#18 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4451 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 04 February 2017 - 08:16 PM

Oh man, the dialogue when challenging Pegasus with Rex Raptor is amazing. You guys should totally try it. :P

#19 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5363 posts 5.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted 05 February 2017 - 12:32 AM

Ive done them all. Weevils remembered as the bug boy who lost to yugi boy, rex is just being insulted as he slaughters his last name (ill admit i laughed hardest here), tea was surprisingly upgraded to gf (which she didnt argue, smart girl lol) instead of normal cheerleader, and he asks keith if he enjoyed his swim. Personal fav goes to keith, kinda sad pegasus barely remembered rex or weevil. XD

Im just sad you can only get them once... really wanted to read Keiths and rexs again.

Edited by Zane Kamanako, 05 February 2017 - 12:33 AM.

#20 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9349 posts 688.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:55 PM

i'll try it. what are you guys going for? all the way? i'm just shooting for the 2nd relinquished myself, don't think i'll use toons anytime soon so CBA grinding for blue-eyes toon dragon and the 2,000,000 point reward isnt worth it

3 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Jesse, Yami Stomach