Photo
- - - - - 5 replies to this topic

YVD Source Code

• Please log in to reply

#1 Horu Oldies Newish 95 posts 21.00 XCB

Horu

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:11 PM

Would the admins or devs here be willing to release the source code to yvd anytime soon? This is likely for the purpose of editing the program to see what I can do with it. I may upload progress as I learn more.

#2 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 21 January 2017 - 06:11 AM

The admins on the forum, myself included, have nothing to do with YVD and its source code.

That said, if someone who was in charge of YVD in the past wants to give out the code, I don't see why not. It's been so many years. Although I reckon you should be able to make a fully functional copy of YVD if you put a bit of time into it.

#3 Horu Oldies Newish 95 posts 21.00 XCB

Horu

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:08 PM

That was the general Idea. I wanted to to invest a little bit of time into YVD and see what I could do. I really enjoyed using it but I guess the last developer just had trouble keeping up with everything. My idea was to make it compatible with other games. So generally, you would open up to a menu and choose your game and it would load the respective playing field and database for you. The thing is, I would have the databases linked to my computer so when I updated my files, they would autosave to the platform and update everyone else's files as well. So initially, I want all the set files intertwined. So If we're playing Yu-Gi-Oh! for example, and you add a card to the set file, it'll send it to the main file and update it so no one has a viable excuse to drop out of a game when somebody uses CCG cards since those CCG cards would be distributed to anyone using the program.

Edited by Horu, 24 January 2017 - 08:16 PM.

#4 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 25 January 2017 - 09:44 AM

That sounds fun. I don't know how many people you are targeting this towards - I know only a select few people would prefer to have CCG cards in their game - but otherwise it's a good idea. I mean, even if the sets are intertwined that should be fine, providing you can filter them on/off and same for matchmaking. 

I've recently been thinking about recreating a few games, YVD included. Not for business reasons, but just to get better as a programmer. 

I say go for it. Sounds like a good project to do.

#5 Horu Oldies Newish 95 posts 21.00 XCB

Horu

Posted 25 January 2017 - 06:31 PM

I'm kinda taking this on as a project because I'm in an IT course and I think making something like this will teach me quite a bit. Also, I would allow a few filters. The idea is that you would get 3 seperate set files. You would get the CCG, OCG and TCG visible on a single list. So if you want a TCG only deck, you just activate that filter and it'll make the cards from the CCG and OCG invisible. The idea is that my program remain as user friendly as possible.

Edited by Horu, 25 January 2017 - 06:45 PM.

#6 Horu Oldies Newish 95 posts 21.00 XCB

Horu

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:42 PM

Ok. I think I found the problem with putiing YVD in IOS. The issue comes from the programs that are used to write it. So if the program to write it is  to distribute it to Windows, the program written will only work in windows. To make it universal, you need it written in a program that distributes to both or you need to write said program twice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users