Photo
- - - - - 9 replies to this topic

Jack's Back, Baby!

Red Dragon Archfiend, Archfiend and 1 more...

• Please log in to reply

#1 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5487 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako
  • Interests:Video Games, Yugioh, and many other things.

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:15 PM

Alright, time to finally post about my Red Dragons! Being the Archfiend nut and the Kaiba Fanboy, Red Dragon Archfiend was the best of both worlds since Jack Atlas was basically the Seto Kaiba of 5Ds except more accepting that he had friends... except that Red Dragon Archfiend itself kinda... well, sucked. In High-Speed Riders, however, they came out with more Red Dragon stuff followed by the creation of Scarlight... who proves his value by hovering around $30 and being out of my college-wallet's reach. That hasn't stopped me, though, from trying my hand at making one. Its been with me since the release of High-Speed Riders, and with the recent changes I present to you a Chaos edition of a Red Dragon deck!

Monsters:
2x Dark Resonator
2x Red Resonator
2x Mirror Resonator
1x Chain Resonator
1x Trust Guardian
2x Plaguespreader Zombie
1x Red Sprinter
1x Thunder King Rai-Oh
2x Magical King Moonstar
2x Primitive Butterfly
2x Solar Wind Jammer
1x Red Warg
1x Chaos Sorcerer
1x Lightpulsar Dragon
1x Black Luster Soldier-Envoy of the Beginning

Spells:

3x Resonator Call

2x Return of the Dragon Lords

1x Soul Charge

1x Allure of Darkness

1x Scarlet Security

2x Swords of Revealing Light

Traps:

1x Quaking Mirror Force

1x Drowning Mirror Force

2x King's Consonance

1x Call of the Haunted

1x Escape from the Dark Dimension

1x Jar of Avarice

1x Reject Reborn

Extra Deck:

1x Samsara, Dragon of Rebirth

1x Stardust Charge Warrior

1x Black Rose Dragon

1x Black Rose Moonlight Dragon

1x Hot Red Dragon Archfiend

3x Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend

2x Hot Red Dragon Archfiend Abyss

1x Hot Red Dragon Archfiend Bane

1x Tyrant Red Dragon Archfiend

1x Dragocytos the Corrupted Nethersoul Dragon

1x Red Nova Dragon

1x Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity

Monsters:

Spoiler

Spells:

Spoiler

Traps:

Spoiler

Extra Deck:

Spoiler

And thats it. Im considering attempting a Red/Res build where I focus solely on using monsters of the Red and Resonator archetypes and foregoing the Chaos effects but until then Im open to ideas on how to fix this up. Hand strength and consistency is a major weakness right now. Prices are of no issue, so suggest anything and everything that might help. Value will only affect how long it takes me to get it.

Edited by Zane Kamanako, 19 September 2016 - 10:22 AM.

#2 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 08 September 2016 - 05:06 AM

tbh storming mirror force>stock mirror force

#3 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5487 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:33 AM

tbh storming mirror force>stock mirror force

Will not argue that, a few of those is on my next list of cards to get. Its just that the only elemental one I have is Quaking right now, so I use dual stocks instead right now.

#4 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2688 posts 159.00 XCB

Gerdat14
  • Interests:Dueling with YVD and playing illegal games with my blanket.. don't ask...

Posted 09 September 2016 - 10:36 AM

How are the Primitive Butterfly running? Would it be better to run Cyber Dragons and get a Chimeratech Fortress into the Extra?

#5 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5487 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted 09 September 2016 - 11:03 AM

How are the Primitive Butterfly running? Would it be better to run Cyber Dragons and get a Chimeratech Fortress into the Extra?

Not really, the Primitives are better. Cyber Dragon requires my opponent to have monsters while I dont, while both Primitive and Jammer merely require my field is monster-free and Primitive allows me some flexibility with its self-level modulation. Plus my extra deck needs as many synchros as possible to maximize flexibility, I can take out almost any machine I need to with my Red Dragons and other methods well enough.

#6 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4575 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 09 September 2016 - 11:55 AM

I'd recommend Return of the Dragon Lords if you can get it, since reviving Red Dragon Archfiend and protecting it are both pretty useful. (Shame it can't get back Abyss or Bane, but eh.)

Do you really have enough DARKs for Allure to be consistently live? I'm also not personally a fan of King's Consonance. (I'd probably use Reject Reborn if anything, but probably wouldn't use that either. I will say Moonstar's a great choice I would have overlooked, lol.

I also really like Red Mirror personally.

Edited by RiverShock, 09 September 2016 - 12:17 PM.

#7 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2446 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain
  • Interests:Games: video, and TCGs. TV, and sleeping.

Posted 09 September 2016 - 05:41 PM

Yeah some red dragon/dragon synchro support cards maybe like follow wing. Arkbrave is a good card for this too. Red eyes darkness would be good to bring them back. Idk

#8 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5487 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted 09 September 2016 - 09:36 PM

I'd recommend Return of the Dragon Lords if you can get it, since reviving Red Dragon Archfiend and protecting it are both pretty useful. (Shame it can't get back Abyss or Bane, but eh.)

Do you really have enough DARKs for Allure to be consistently live? I'm also not personally a fan of King's Consonance. (I'd probably use Reject Reborn if anything, but probably wouldn't use that either. I will say Moonstar's a great choice I would have overlooked, lol.

I also really like Red Mirror personally.

I actually got the Structure Deck just for that spell today and have a couple on the way. The card itself is almost as expensive as the deck.

With Resonator Call it works out, but overall I have 6 and its this low number why I only run one.

Red Mirror is a card I dont have that sounds good, but only in a dedicated Red deck... or one where I at least have more Red Wargs to go with my Red Res

King's Consonance is actually perfect for getting out the 8 Star Red Dragons in a tight spot, as well as bringing out anything lower to match the situation like a Samsara to wall them or to let it die and bring back something stronger from my grave, and the irony is Ive actually got some Reject Reborns on the way too that I also intend to try and use. Would like to have King's Synchro so I can go for my Abyss or Bane, mostly Abyss though Trish becomes an option as well, but thats still ocg.

Yeah some red dragon/dragon synchro support cards maybe like follow wing. Arkbrave is a good card for this too. Red eyes darkness would be good to bring them back. Idk

Follow Wing... I should consider getting more of it to go with this deck, though im iffy on it since Im kinda crowded as-is BUT it would enable me to remove some of this stall since it would make my equipped Synchros immune to destruction.

Arkbrave sounds good in theory, but the way the deck's built I would have difficulty getting it in the grave barring a discard with a dark for Lightpulsar. I once did try to run Darkness Metal, but the lack of dragons to summon it with left it to bite me in the ass too frequently or ended up getting it banished with Allure.

Edits made. 

-1 Swords

-1 MST

-1 Mirror Force

-1 Red Wyvern

+1 Kings Consonance

+2 Return of the Dragon Lords

+1 Hot Red Dragon Archfiend King Calamity

For explaineys on the stragegy and purposes of the two new cards, look in their respective sections near the end.

For why I took out what I did and some thoughts on why I put in what I did, look below:

Spoiler

Edited by Zane Kamanako, 10 September 2016 - 05:03 PM.

#9 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5487 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted 12 September 2016 - 07:56 PM

More Changes:

-1 Swords

-1 Red Supremacy

-1 Mind Control

-1 Call

-1 Red Dragon Archfiend

-1 Dark Highlander

+2 Jar of Avarice

+2 Reject Reborn

+1 Scarlight (and its a Ghost Rare! \^-^/  )

+1 Dragocytos

Reasons:

Spoiler

If you wish to read the thoughts that floated through my head, the details of the new cards are in my explanations. Synchros organized by levels, the traps should be at the end of the traps.

#10 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5487 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:46 PM

-1 Reject Reborn

-1 Jar of Greed

-1 Red Dragon Archfiend

-1 Hot Red Dragon Archfiend

+2 Swords of Revealing Light

+2 Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend

Reasoning:

Spoiler

I also acquired a Clear Wing Synchro Dragon, but I know not what to remove for it since everything else serves a purpose of some sort. Even the out-dated Black Rose, since King's Consonance allows me to summon it on their turn and wipe the field clean. Kinda thinking of removing Red Nova... but the fact he's immune to card destruction does make him valuable as well as his high attack power...

Edit:

-1 Red Resonator

-1 Mirror Force

+1 Plaguespreader

+1 Drowning Mirror Force

Dont think I need to explain these.

Edited by Zane Kamanako, 19 September 2016 - 10:23 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Red Dragon Archfiend, Archfiend, IRL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users