Our discord's been going strong since this May. Three months down the line, it's still doing so, but we've had to forcefully remove large amounts of negativity caused by specific people. In other words, a few members have been banned to keep the place as positive as possible for the rest.
In order to prevent any further bans, we've devised some rules to abide by.
- Do not delete posts that provide context to a conversation. Don't write something and then delete it later. It's a pain for everyone else trying to catch up on what they missed, and even if they didn't miss it, it's still annoying. If you type something by accident, then deleting is of course allowed.
- Do not mention @someone for no reason. When you mention someone, you are giving them a notification. If this is just to annoy them or to gain attention, it is not acceptable. We know that the mention feature is a really useful one when used properly. So use it properly.
- All topics should be talked about in their respective channel, if they have one. The #xc channel is for general conversations. It's ok to talk about specific things like Pokemon there, but the idea of the #xc channel is that everyone should be comfortable with joining in the conversation. If you notice you are talking for too long about a certain subject in the #xc channel, and we have a specific channel for it, please consider moving your chat to there.
- NSFW posts must be in the #nsfw channel. This is similar to the previous point, except this is unconditional. NSFW content must always be an optional thing to look at. Some of our members visit the chat while at work too, and it's unfair to force such content on these users.
- Treat others as you wish to be treated yourself. Always keep this in mind, and think twice before you say something that can offend someone.
Please respect these rules and our members in the chat. Ultimately, the chat admins have the final say, and still have the authority to ban a member even if they didn't break one of the above rules. But hopefully that won't be necessary.
Thanks for understanding.