Photo
- - - - - 2 replies to this topic

Years, years I say.

• Please log in to reply

#1 Mattiks Ancient One I Vibrate 7179 posts 6.00 XCB

Mattiks

Posted 01 March 2016 - 03:36 AM

Most of the time when I venture back this, my old stomping ground, I feel a sense of nostalgia and wonder. That wonder though has since started to fade with the now downtrodden Xerocreative in this what seems to be an eternal slump. I hope it picks up in the near future, till then whatever my fingers type below feel free to read.

Those who remember me knew me as an upbeat fellow (young and dumb at the time of my unwavering activity on this website) and highly motivated to provide conversation. I'd like to return and remain one of those persons once again but I currently lack that motivation with my own personal situations. I'm not even certain what is driving me to type this out, but I'll go with it.

Across the last 7 years that I have been sporadically active I have traveled coast to coast in this blessed USA, seen foreign lands, and had great brothers die along the way all starting with boot camp in 2009. I wouldn't trade those experiences for anything in the world.

I am now a father of two wonderful children, Nikolai (yeah, obscure for my area and I like it) and Amelia. I've been married 5 years with the usual rough patches each relationship tends to have.

After leaving the military I went to work on the oil & gas field during it's big boom in the Marcellus Shale region. That as many people know, took a quick turn with the downturn of fuel prices and need for production now at a near halt.

I've been "getting by" holding down as a bartender making pennies a night at a bar that was in such a rutt before I started working there I couldn't take home a pay at first. I'm constantly out and about trying to find other work but it's just not as easy out there as some would like to think.

Where most people would be down, just keep burrowing deeper, I keep my head up and eyes front with my hopes holding me afloat.

I don't know where to expand on what I've put down thus far, more do I understand the pattern to which I decided to write, but I'm sure I'll update in the nearest of futures.

#2 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5681 posts 146.00 XCB

Gren
  • Interests:Interests? What interests?

Posted 01 March 2016 - 04:25 PM

While I may not be in the same situation you are in, I'm suffering on a different spectrum. I may have a somewhat decent paying job (for now), the amount of medical expenses that are coming in is becoming too much to handle. Where I thought I could finally be rid of the financial burden that is cancer, I was sorely mistaken as a $1700 bill slapped me in the face and left me with little options. I had to set myself back another year for college because of it and it frustrates me to no end. I'm under a ton of stress right now and I'm trying to find a way out. And to add to this, I been having severe back pains recently and no idea what the exact problem is, that may be another thing I have to dig in my not so deep pockets for. I'd take barely living by to being in constant pain and having a mountain of potential debt hovering over my head.

#3 Emma Team XC TML's Secretary 1713 posts 72.00 XCB

Emma

Posted 26 March 2016 - 03:55 PM

JOeh you Finally made it back here! Fucker what took you so long..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users