Photo
- - - - - 192 replies to this topic

Pokemon Gen VII Discussion

Pokemon, Gen VII, 3DS

• Please log in to reply

#141 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2690 posts 159.00 XCB

Gerdat14
  • Interests:Dueling with YVD and playing illegal games with my blanket.. don't ask...

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:19 AM

...Are we sure that's the full list? Because Rowlet and Popplio get new abilities, but Litten doesn't? That seems very odd. 

#142 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5535 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 16 November 2016 - 10:30 AM

Hmm, I don't think that matters too much. It's not like Litten is completely missing out on a hidden ability, it's just that the ability it has already exists.

We're not 100% sure that's the full list, but for a different reason. Who knows if they did have some more hidden Pokemon (although it's unlikely) and they just haven't been leaked by those that have already played the game?

We don't have the movesets of the new Pokemon yet, so there's still some things to learn.

#143 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5493 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako
  • Interests:Video Games, Yugioh, and many other things.

Posted 16 November 2016 - 06:33 PM

Cant wait for Friday!

#144 JinZ Ancient One The guy peeking through your window 4606 posts 17.00 XCB

JinZ

Posted 16 November 2016 - 10:04 PM

Hmm, I don't think that matters too much. It's not like Litten is completely missing out on a hidden ability, it's just that the ability it has already exists.

We're not 100% sure that's the full list, but for a different reason. Who knows if they did have some more hidden Pokemon (although it's unlikely) and they just haven't been leaked by those that have already played the game?

We don't have the movesets of the new Pokemon yet, so there's still some things to learn.

Well, actually... https://projectpokem...n/learnsets.txt

#145 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 17 November 2016 - 06:17 AM

remind me to avoid this topic like the plague on friday since if this is the info you guys are getting BEFORE the game comes out (which ofr spoiler reasons i'm not looking at) then god knows what will be discussed when murica does get it tomorrow.

for now all i know is i'm using liten and i might se that white gorilla thingy otherwise whatever i see that i like i'll go for thats how i did my first X playthrough, if i want to get a proper team i can do so aftergame or in a 2nd playthrough

#146 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5535 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:11 AM

I think it's fair that we continue to use spoiler tags so everyone feels comfortable. I don't want to be spoiled about the story, so anyone that discusses it should put it in spoiler tags.

But then there's still also pokedex spoilers which I don't mind seeing, so I guess we need to specify what kind of spoiler we'll be using.

---

Also, JinZ, thank you! I finally get to get creative with the new generation - was looking quite hard for that. I've got a different ideal team now, I might post it later.

Pokedex Spoiler:
Spoiler

#147 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2690 posts 159.00 XCB

Gerdat14
  • Interests:Dueling with YVD and playing illegal games with my blanket.. don't ask...

Posted 19 November 2016 - 06:48 PM

Bump. Stuffal is so cute. And with the last of the starter Z crystals being Grass, it seems like they really wanted to push Rowlet into being the most disliked.

#148 JinZ Ancient One The guy peeking through your window 4606 posts 17.00 XCB

JinZ

Posted 19 November 2016 - 09:21 PM

I can honestly say I didn't expect to end the first day of play with a team made of
Spoiler

#149 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5493 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako
  • Interests:Video Games, Yugioh, and many other things.

Posted 19 November 2016 - 09:24 PM

All I know is Mimikyu and two of the starters WILL be on my final team. Still working out kinks for who the rest of mine will be...

Edited by Zane Kamanako, 19 November 2016 - 09:24 PM.

#150 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2690 posts 159.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 21 November 2016 - 09:11 PM

So, anyone else notice that so far the hardest totem was Mimikyu? I mean, a lot of people have had problems with Lunantis, but i found Salazzle and Mimikyu to be more scary for me.

#151 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5535 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:43 AM

Still gotta wait one more day until it comes out here :weary:

In the meantime, I've been getting to know the new pokemon a little better - Not to a huge extent, but I've been playing the Little Cup format on Showdown with my brother. 

#152 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 22 November 2016 - 10:23 AM

i havent really bothered with gen 7 on showdown much but yeah hype!!!!!! pre-ordered it and itl be here tomorrow

(meantime i'm playing skyrim for the first time, got it on sale awhile back and never touched it now i got the Special Edition free)

#153 JinZ Ancient One The guy peeking through your window 4606 posts 17.00 XCB

JinZ

Posted 22 November 2016 - 12:33 PM

So, anyone else notice that so far the hardest totem was Mimikyu? I mean, a lot of people have had problems with Lunantis, but i found Salazzle and Mimikyu to be more scary for me.

Let's see...

Spoiler

Edited by JinZ, 22 November 2016 - 01:36 PM.

#154 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2690 posts 159.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:18 PM

So... 

Spoiler

However! I will say that Samson is actually cool to have follow you around. Same with Lillie, who has a pretty significant design change that i really like.

#155 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2690 posts 159.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 27 November 2016 - 10:27 PM

Next up! Gamefaqs is lit up with complaints and Meh's for Battle Tree. I know i don't care about it, but I do find that starting out the curve at fully competent teams and set-ups is a bit overwhelming. My main issue with that is actually the mega stones. They are all behind the 64 bp pay wall, which likely means beating Red multiple times for them. Once I actually start my Ice Type run, would you guys mind if I did a thread about it? 

#156 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4597 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 28 November 2016 - 12:44 AM

While I feel the Destiny Knot should have been obtainable outside buying it, I'm fine with the increased difficulty of the Battle Tree. If anything, they should have made Battle Royal easier since it's already a gimmick.

#157 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5535 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 28 November 2016 - 04:57 AM

I haven't got to the battle tree yet but if it's really strong then I really can't wait. I haven't finished the game yet but I really want to start breeding.

How on earth do you breed good IVs without a 6IV ditto though? That hacked one I got in Pokemon Y was so necessary... But wasn't there something about SOS chaining not only giving a higher shiny chance and hidden ability but also better IVs?

And Gerdat, of course we don't mind. It's nice to have a place to write a sort of diary for these playthroughs. I personally suck at replying, but I always read and enjoy them.

#158 JinZ Ancient One The guy peeking through your window 4606 posts 17.00 XCB

JinZ

Posted 28 November 2016 - 05:26 AM

Your first battle as you enter the battle tree, before even starting the actual thing, is against a lvl 65+ team.

As for chaining you can get up to 4 IVs, I believe.

#159 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4597 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 28 November 2016 - 07:38 AM

That is correct, you can get up to 4 IVs from SOS chaining, somewhere around 30-40 battles.

And yeah, the difficulty spike immediately after beating the Elite 4 is insane. Dexio will wreck you at least once. >.>

#160 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5535 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:00 AM

In the battle tree it's not scaled down to level 50? That's a bit odd.. Do you get exp then?

I just beat the third grand trial, looks like one more saga and I should reach Poni island soon..

4IVs after that much chaining? Oh boy. Although in hindsight I don't think IVs should be that accessible anyway. Although.. In hindsight.. It's just a game and if I'm going to spend time trying to do something there's no reason for it to take 50x longer than it could. I mean, it's only for now anyway. I'm obviously going to transfer my Ditto over when Bank gets updated.

And damn Guzma.. Really making me want a Golisopod.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pokemon, Gen VII, 3DS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users