- - - - - 192 replies to this topic

Pokemon Gen VII Discussion

Pokemon, Gen VII, 3DS

• Please log in to reply

#61 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 06 October 2016 - 01:43 PM

i do have a spare SD card if i wanted to buy it digitally but i already pre-ordered it off amazon so yeah

also 3.2gb? MKX which i downloaded off steam yesterday was 32gb and some games like GTAV are over 50gb. thats pathetic

#62 JinZ Ancient One The guy peeking through your window 4606 posts 17.00 XCB

JinZ

Posted 06 October 2016 - 02:21 PM

In the grand scheme of things, yeah. But for the 3DS it's going to be one of the largest.

For comparison, X/Y were 1.7 GB, ORAS 1.8 GB. Xenoblade Chronicles is the largest 3DS game at 3.6 GB.

#63 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion
  • Interests:Just let me sleep.

Posted 07 October 2016 - 08:36 PM

Ohai JinZ!

Another thing Eevee's Z-move confirms: no new Eeveelution this gen.

#64 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5535 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 08 October 2016 - 09:22 AM

I should definitely have space to get the demo. And then I'll just buy the cartridge for the actual game. Usually cheaper too.

In fact, yeah, just checked Amazon. £32 for Pokemon Moon. That's really good value. It'll probably be £40 on the eShop.

--

I can't wait to see the final evolutions. At the moment I'm torn between all three of them, which is a first. I think I'll decide based on who learns a powerful move the earliest. Because if Popplio does indeed become Water/Fairy, as much as I want that, I don't want to play the game without learning a single Fairy move until I hit level 36.

Also, base stats might decide it too. I'm leaning towards Popplio but I want its stats to compete with Rowlet and Littens' evolutions. 

Really interested to see the last few pokemon of the region, because it appears that we're getting close to the end of them. 

#65 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 08 October 2016 - 09:55 AM

i'm going for litten, have been since the first trailer

#66 JinZ Ancient One The guy peeking through your window 4606 posts 17.00 XCB

JinZ

Posted 08 October 2016 - 04:55 PM

Ohai JinZ!

Another thing Eevee's Z-move confirms: no new Eeveelution this gen.

Hey :P

--

Still undecided on how to buy it. The usual stores around here have them going for ~$60 and ship 10 days after launch. Had that same issue with MHGen, ended up buying digital. Dunno how things are for Exarion in SP.

Regarding Popplio, who knows. It learned Disarming Voice at level 8 during the E3 presentation.

I'm also going with Litten, tho. The only times I didn't get the fire starter were Crystal (Totodile) and Alpha Sapphire (Treecko), but that was because I had already done Silver with Cyndaquil and the original Ruby with Torchic + the XY Torchic distribution. >>

--

Would like them to share more info on the bottlecaps for Hyper Training as well. They feel like something we'll have to buy with BPs.

#67 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5493 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako
  • Interests:Video Games, Yugioh, and many other things.

Posted 09 October 2016 - 08:40 PM

I spy another old face! Long time no see, JinZ.

I preordered both by now, and personally on the chance I have to do a transfer again (might be because I screwed up somewhere, but my save data refused to transfer when I got my New 3DS and all my digital games lost their saves. Thankfully my eshop and licenses transferred) I prefer a hard copy anyways. That being said, Ive been Pro-Litten since Day 1 mostly because its the Tiger pokemon Ive been waiting for.

As for the Eeveelution thing, they may have edited it out to keep it secret... but most likely youre right Exarion. *Sighs* No Ghost-type Eevee yet...

And... Yeah, I got nothing else. Looking forward to seeing how this game plays out. Theyre straying from the normal formula, and I'd love to see how it goes.

#68 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2446 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain
  • Interests:Games: video, and TCGs. TV, and sleeping.

Posted 10 October 2016 - 12:50 AM

If by chance you still have the sd card from your old 3ds, you can transfer the saved data and downloaded games by using that sd card. Or use a computer to transfer all the data from that card to your new one. That's what i had to do. Worked out great.

#69 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5493 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted 10 October 2016 - 09:45 AM

If by chance you still have the sd card from your old 3ds, you can transfer the saved data and downloaded games by using that sd card. Or use a computer to transfer all the data from that card to your new one. That's what i had to do. Worked out great.

I tried having a friend who knows computers WAY better than me do the transfer that way (my original 3DS' wireless got screwed up somewhere, I couldnt do the direct transfer of all my games and saves) and when we were done in the end all I was able to transfer was my Eshop data and the licenses so I could redownload the games and DLC Id bought. We tried several times but the saves refused to transfer.

#70 JinZ Ancient One The guy peeking through your window 4606 posts 17.00 XCB

JinZ

Posted 10 October 2016 - 05:56 PM

Ugh, seen quite a few stories of borked 3DS -> N3DS transfers due to sudden wifi death. Instead of transfering from one card to another, did you try straight up using your old SD card? Though by now I imagine odds are slim, might as well stick to what you got instead of risking further issues. >_>

--

Not quite Sun/Moon, but US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and Mexico Volcanion code distributions started today.

#71 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5493 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted 10 October 2016 - 06:48 PM

I recall and intend to get mine this week, and you cant do that. The original 3DS used an SD card, but the New 3DS uses a Micro SD. I had to transfer through the system or through the computer method, and since I couldnt do straight from system to system I had to use a computer and somewhere along that line is where it botched and I lost my save data. Im just grateful I could transfer the stuff so I could redownload the stuff and play it all again.

#72 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2446 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain
  • Interests:Games: video, and TCGs. TV, and sleeping.

Posted 11 October 2016 - 01:34 AM

oooo i remember! when you just do the cut/paste method the data gets put into a different file name on the new sd card. just have to fix the names... the info should still be there just not in the right directories. no idea how i had figured it out myself, but it was annoying to me cause I had did the wifi transfer and had to do the sd transfer so i could get the rest of my data over but i don't remember the steps anymore

#73 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5493 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted 11 October 2016 - 10:01 AM

I'll have to try and remember to tell my friend this, he was contemplating upgrading his.

#74 JinZ Ancient One The guy peeking through your window 4606 posts 17.00 XCB

JinZ

Posted 11 October 2016 - 12:06 PM

Welp, forgot the original doesn't use microSD. >_>;

--

Pokémon GO update

Spoiler

#75 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5493 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted 11 October 2016 - 07:17 PM

Best part about coming to the party late:  Lots of bugs are fixed... though I have to ask if theres a way to track certain ones. I think theres some Ghastlys on my Campus but whenever the shadow appears idk where to turn and I always end up moving out of the area.

#76 JinZ Ancient One The guy peeking through your window 4606 posts 17.00 XCB

JinZ

Posted 11 October 2016 - 08:04 PM

Well, there were some tracking maps online for a while, but Niantic came down hard on them.

If you happen to be in a city that has the Nearby list test, you can at least tell whether a Pokémon is next to a Pokestop or "in the wild". If not...well, you can come up with methodologies to try and triangulate a bit, but a spawned Pokémon only stays alive for 15 minutes, server side.

This reddit post seems reasonable enough for tracking:

1. You, a trainer out on a walk, check your Pokemon Go app at point A. "Hot damn, a Pidgey!" you think to yourself as you look at your Sightings list. You now know that you are some point within 200m of a Pidgey, but not exactly where that Pidgey is. Time to start tracking.
  2. Keep walking straight ahead. Eventually, you will get more than 200m away from the Pidgey, and it will disappear from your Sightings list. This is Point B. Stop here, and take note of where you are as accurately as you can, you'll need to use this point later.
  3. Turn around and go back the way you came. The Pidgey comes back into your Sightings list. Keep walking in as straight a line as you can, past point A, until the Pidgey disappears again. This is Point C, on the other side of the Pidgey's "detection circle" to point B.
  4. Find the halfway point on the line you walked between points B and C (this is why you had to pay attention at B), and go there. This is point D. When at point D, make a turn and start walking at right angles to the line you just walked between B and C.
  5. One of two things will happen. If you chose correctly, you'll walk right into the Pidgey. If you chose poorly, you'll end up moving away from the Pidgey and wind up at point E, where the Pidgey will disappear again. No problem there, just turn around and walk back the way you came, and eventually you'll hit Pidgey.

Diagram:

Spoiler

Also, you might have seen this by now, but unless you get Pokémon GO Plus you need to keep your phone unlocked and the game active for it to track your distance for eggs/buddy candy.

#77 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5493 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted 11 October 2016 - 08:21 PM

I figured as much. Note to self: Invest in Plus when I think I can spare it.

#78 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 12 October 2016 - 04:24 AM

so have any of you taken over a gym yet? this guy had a gym at a catholic church near where i work with only a weak caterpie, i took a stroll up to it on my break and slaughtered him with pidgeotto (ironically my strongest poke so yeah i'm still weaksauce too) 

i'm out of data for the next few days so i cant see if anyone else beat me but if they did i can try to take it back.

#79 JinZ Ancient One The guy peeking through your window 4606 posts 17.00 XCB

JinZ

Posted 12 October 2016 - 11:41 AM

I usually capture the gym on a nearby park while walking the dog. Taking them down is usually easy enough, assuming it's not a lvl 10 gym with 8 Dragonite and 2 Snorlax.

--
Edit:

And we got Corocoro leak. Alolan Grimer confirmed.
https://twitter.com/...127683503611904

Type:Null evolves into Silvadi, which has the AR System ability, which lets it change type with a held item. It's eyes, mane and tail glow according to current type.
Jangmo-o has two evos, Jarango and Jararanga. Dragon/Fighting.
https://twitter.com/...433486714380288

English names pending, obviously.

Edited by JinZ, 13 October 2016 - 06:49 AM.

#80 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5493 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted 13 October 2016 - 10:01 AM

so have any of you taken over a gym yet? this guy had a gym at a catholic church near where i work with only a weak caterpie, i took a stroll up to it on my break and slaughtered him with pidgeotto (ironically my strongest poke so yeah i'm still weaksauce too) 

i'm out of data for the next few days so i cant see if anyone else beat me but if they did i can try to take it back.

Ive only just started Tuesday, though my strongest is either a Pidgeot I evolved or a Pinsir I just caught today. Either way, all the Gyms in my area are in the thousands. My strongest is less than 500.

Update Stuff: Yeah, Null is Arceus' genetic clone. They tried to create a god and got Null. Grimer looks more like crap than pollution now... And oh joy, can we say Fairy bait?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pokemon, Gen VII, 3DS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users