Photo
- - - - - 192 replies to this topic

Pokemon Gen VII Discussion

Pokemon, Gen VII, 3DS

• Please log in to reply

#181 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2446 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain
  • Interests:Games: video, and TCGs. TV, and sleeping.

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:34 PM

Bank update is available. Man is it different. You can now see your stats in the individual games and see the progress you have in the national dex in the bank based on which game you look at. Like for instance, when i first started it up with sun the national dex showed 301 and i could scroll through the whole thing but everything that wasn't seen in sun wasn't showing up until i moved everything over then back. So yeah it'll be something

#182 JinZ Ancient One The guy peeking through your window 4605 posts 17.00 XCB

JinZ

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:48 AM

Well...

Pokken Deluxe on Switch, September 22nd.

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon on 3DS, November 17th, B2/W2 kind of sequel apparently. New story in Alola, Solgaleo and Lunala with Necrozma pieces, probably a Kyurem kind of deal?

Gold and Silver on 3DS VC November 22nd. Crystal ignored.

#183 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4559 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 28 November 2017 - 03:35 PM

FINALLY got around to beating Ultra Sun. Final team:

Decidueye (56)

Overgrow (duh)

Toxic

Leaf Blade

Spirit Shackle

Acrobatics

Turtonator (59)

Shell Armor

Payback

Dragon Pulse

Shell Trap

Flamethrower

Furfrou (59) @ Normalium Z (Star Trim, though it would appear I didn't notice that the haircut expired.)

Fur Coat (duh)

Work Up

Headbutt (really wish I had bothered getting the Return TM >.>)

Sucker Punch

Baby-Doll Eyes

Basculin (60) @ Amulet Coin

Adaptability

Crunch

Aqua Jet

Aqua Tail

Head Smash

Malamar (61)

Contrary

Psycho Cut

Hypnosis

Foul Play

Superpower

The last slot was just filler. It was blank for a long time, then I got sick of taking the last Pokemon off my team every time I caught something, so I left a Crabrawler in that slot. Towards the end I put a Yanmega I caught in the Ultra Space Wilds on there since it was higher level than my entire team (ended up at 63). Needless to say, I didn't use the last slot for anything other than a meatshield for the most part. Maybe I used Air Slash with Yanmega like twice.

Overall, nothing stood out as too difficult. Aside from Ultra Necrozma, who I completely cheesed on account of having no other choice. (It literally one-shot all my Pokemon.) Quick Claw, Toxic and a couple of Revives took care of that. Basculin and Malamar were definitely the main Pokemon here, both put in a LOT of work, with Turtonator and Decidueye doing their part, too. Furfrou put in a lot of work for the main story, but I didn't use it in the League at all. (Well, it made a brief, but very disappointing, appearance against Hau's Primarina.) Really should've gotten the Return TM.

Beat it in 25:41 in case anyone was curious. Certainly not a particularly fast time.

Edited by RiverShock, 28 November 2017 - 03:36 PM.

#184 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9468 posts 690.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:19 PM

My Final Team was as follows (idr levels and i've played postgame since)

Incineroar (incinium Z)

Blaze

Darkest Lariat

Flare Blitz

Outrage

Leech Life

Honchkrow (darkium Z, changed to flyingum z for the champion fight)

Super Luck

Aerial Ace

Night Slash

Steel Wing

Haze

Tsareena (Rose insence)

Queenly Majesty

Power Whip

High Jump Kick

Trop Kick

Teeter Dance

Ninetales-A (got baby vulpix off a guy on Showdown early on. fuck version exclusives, also Wise Glasses)

Snow Cloak

Ice Beam

Confuse Ray

Dazzling Gleam

ExtraSensory

Slowking (quick claw)

Oblivious

Scald

Psychic

Shadow Ball

Nasty Plot

Togedemaru(MVP, Magnet)

Iron Barbs

Zing Zap

Iron Head

Nuzzle

Spiky Shield

Edited by Yami Stomach, 28 November 2017 - 08:21 PM.

#185 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2446 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:15 PM

Yall so dang fast. Lol i got it day one, just made it to the second island.

I did have to wait so i could trade a team over instead of using the wild caught stuff. And a bunch of items the day after Thanksgiving with my brother's ds.
Current team.

Starmie *(21)
Analytic
Swift
Bubblebeam
Recover
Psywave

Arcanine (21)
Justified
Burn up
Flare blitz
Iron tail
Close combat

Jangmo-o
Overcoat
Dragon tail
Dragon breathe
Brick break
Reversal

Shuppet *
Frisk
Thief
Knock off
Phantom force
Will o wisp

Aron *
Rock head
Rock tomb
Iron head
Head smash
Reversal

Edited by warrain, 28 November 2017 - 09:30 PM.

#186 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5527 posts 433.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:45 PM

I haven't really played it, though I did get it day one. 

I just beat the first island challenge, from what I remember. Put my litten in the box, Buneary is my starter this game.

#187 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4559 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 18 September 2018 - 12:35 PM

Urgh. Here we go again. (Not by choice. Losing all your saves sucks, hard.) Finally beat Ultra Sun again.

Noivern (63)

Air Slash

Leech Life

Psychic

Draco Meteor

Decidueye (61)

Brave Bird

Leaf Blade

Sucker Punch

Spirit Shackle

Salazzle (61) @ Bright Powder

Toxic

Flamethrower

Sludge Bomb

Venoshock

Crawdaunt (63) @ Waterium Z

Crabhammer

Crunch

Superpower

Aqua Jet

Mudsdale (61)

High Horsepower

Heavy Slam

Rock Tomb

Payback

Klefki (56)

Toxic

Foul Play

Thunder Wave (which I used a grand total of zero times)

Protect

My team was 5 Pokemon for a long time. I eventually added Klefki basically entirely for Prankster Toxic on Ultra Necrozma, though it put in work a few times and wasn't disappointing despite being lower level compared to my other Pokemon. Surprised how even my team was level-wise. Noivern and Crawdaunt were both traded (Noivern from the in-game trade, and I imported a 4-IV Corphish from Bank.) And Klefki was a late addition (being like LV34 at a time where my team was in the 50's or something) Everything else was an even 61. I deliberately went for solid Pokemon since I wanted to knock this out as quickly as possible, though it still took me like 23 hours in-game time. As such, all of them pulled their weight quite well. I kinda missed having an Electric Pokemon, but virtually any option I would have gone with would have been not fully evolved for the majority of the game, which I wanted to avoid, especially given I already had a Noibat that takes forever to evolve.

#188 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5527 posts 433.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 22 September 2018 - 06:49 PM

Damn, how did you lose your saves?

Luckily you had some in your Bank but who did you lose?

#189 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4559 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:04 AM

My DS stopped reading its SD card. I sent it in for repairs. Their "fix" was replacing the SD card without even attempting to copy the data. They loaded from that SD card, invalidating the contents of my previous SD card (which I had backed up, but that doesn't matter, and the fact I copied its contents without issue points to their diagnosis of a corrupted SD card likely being wrong). My main copies of X, Alpha Sapphire, Sun and Ultra Sun were all digital, so I lost basically everything. (Even though I own physical copies of basically all of them as well, there isn't exactly much reason to spread stuff out.) Best part is that their repair didn't actually stop my 3DS having issues, so I ended up shelling out for another 3DS and transferring my account over so I could at least re-download my games without having to buy them again.

#190 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5527 posts 433.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 23 September 2018 - 03:34 PM

Man, what a pisstake. When I was younger I left my Pokemon Diamond on a plane, but that was my fault so I just had to get over it - and that took some time. I don't know how sour I'd be if someone else lost/deleted it. That's a lot to lose, but there's a very slight silver lining in playing the game and having a fresh start, I guess.

#191 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4559 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:56 AM

That'd be more of a silver lining if I thought Ultra Sun was a good game. It's legitimately the first main series Pokemon game that outright disappointed me. Sun was kinda meh, but some of its flaws were forgiveable due to them trying something very different with it. Ultra Sun/Moon being a partial retelling of Sun/Moon was a mistake, it should have been a Black/White 2-style sequel so as to keep the character development from Sun/Moon intact and give it meaning (especially since they were underdeveloped anyway), and it didn't fix any of the flaws from Sun and Moon. The intro is still excruciatingly long and dull (and the fact they gave you your starter much earlier shows they knew that was a problem, and still didn't actually do anything about it), the main protagonist STILL doesn't have facial animations despite literally every other character, even generic NPC trainers, having them, there still isn't a National Dex (I don't get why they did this, it's super-dumb), etc.

Realistically, the only things I like about Ultra Sun/Moon are Sophocles's trial, Hau getting more character development and some of the remixed music. (Particularly Lysandre and Cyrus's themes.) The Rainbow Rocket storyline could have been cool, but it didn't go in-depth enough. Aside from Ghetsis's part, it was basically just a straight boss rush with minor maze puzzles to get to them. They should have been more coordinated.

On the whole... Losing everything in and of itself could be a lot worse. I'm not super-attached to my shinies and stuff, for example. But it is super-annoying in some regards. I miss my large backlog of hidden ability Pokemon. Having to spend an hour+ trading for a dozen Espurr on the GTS hoping one has its hidden ability is not fun. (And, likewise, my Friend Safari in X doesn't have any of the people activated anymore, and can't since none of them are likely to ever be online in X again, so I'm never getting Hidden Abilities or the third Pokemon in each Safari that way without specifically seeking random people out online.) Losing event Pokemon also sucks, though I never really used them much anyway I guess.

Edited by RiverShock, 24 September 2018 - 11:03 AM.

#192 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2446 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:02 AM

Did you lose the bank too or did you not have it? Also I can point out the reason for not having the national dex was for redundancy.... the national dex is in the bank now so I guess they figured no reason for you to have 2...

#193 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4559 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:44 AM

I don't buy that as a legitimate reason. We had Pokedex 3D/Pro, a seperate Pokedex 3DS app in Gen 5. >.> These are the only games to not have a National Dex (aside from Gen 2, though since every Pokemon was a part of the Johto Pokedex anyway, it kinda did, and I think it had a National sort option.) I think they just couldn't be bothered, even though in all previous generations, the majority of the entries for non-native Pokemon are literally copy/pasted from other games anyway. Also find it weird we went straight from the first game to give you the National Dex before you beat the game (ORAS's Victory Road has non-native Pokemon, even) to one that lacked one entirely. Honestly, Gen 6 to Gen 7 was a downgrade in a LOT of aspects. ORAS were, IMO, by far the most polished games in the series to date. (X and Y were also well-made.)

And yeah, I got to keep my Bank stuff. (Thankfully it's tied to the Nintendo account like eShop purchase history, not the system.) I didn't exactly store backup HA Pokemon there or anything, though. Just 5 (and some 4, before I stopped bothering for space reasons) IV breeding rejects. Which still gives me some stuff (and, indeed, I just imported 5-IV Pokemon for breeding purposes from Bank rather than starting from scratch like I normally would.) It also gave me a crapton of BP, so I don't have to grind the Battle Tree for items. (I got like 1200 BP right off the bat, lol.) I might just import some breeding rejects into Alpha Sapphire to avoid having to breed a new team there (I still do Gen 6 battles at my local league every now and then), but I bred new stuff for the most part in Ultra Sun. (Still yet to train them, but will probably do that in the next few days, just want more Pokemon so I can EV-train 5 things at once for efficiency.)

Edited by RiverShock, 25 September 2018 - 09:48 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pokemon, Gen VII, 3DS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users