Photo
- - - - - 19 replies to this topic

Weekly Create-A-Card Contest

Contest, CAC, Yugioh

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Poll: This week's contenders (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Place your votes!

1. Aquatic Habitat (1 votes [5.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

2. Dominion of the Elemental Lords (2 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

3. Cell Structure Paracide (1 votes [5.56%] - View)

4. Arm the Units! (3 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

5. Resplendent Cycle (3 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

6. Celebration of DOOM Tokens (2 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

7. Asylum of the Fallen (4 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

8. Great Wall of Gardnas (1 votes [5.56%] - View)

9. The Cycle of Legend (1 votes [5.56%] - View)

Vote

#1 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5156 posts 201.00 XCB

Exarion
  • Interests:Memes and emoji.

Posted 14 February 2016 - 01:15 PM

Weekly Create-A-Card Contest!

Welcome to the weekly create-a-card contest!
Congratulations to FattMatt, who won the contest on 02/07 with The Giving Tree! Based on an apple tree sacrificing her own resources to sustain the life of a boy, this card hits us right in the feels on its alternate win condition.
Everyone who participated will receive 1 x Pre-Synchro Era pack as thanks for participating. For winning this contest, FattMatt will instead receive his choice of 3 x Pre-Synchro Era or 1 x Pre-Xyz Era packs.

Previous Winners

Spoiler

The Rules

• Each member may submit up to one card each week.
  • Each round of the contest will last for one week.
  • The cards entered in a previous week's contest will be placed in a poll during the new week's contest.
  • Comments on the cards up for voting are encouraged, but not required
  • The winner of a round gets to decide the next open theme for the contest.
  • Be creative!

This Week's Contenders

Last week's theme was to create a card supporting a (name) series, thus turning it into an archetype.

Spoiler

The Theme

This week's theme, chosen by Yami Stomach, is about alternate win conditions!

We know there are several different win conditions in yugioh. Reducing opponent's LP to zero and having them no cards to draw are the 2 most usual, with Exodia being the classic alternate condition.

For this contest, choose any other win condition not mentioned here and create a card that supports it.

Have fun~

#2 FattMatt Members Just Starting 29 posts 1.00 XCB

FattMatt

Posted 14 February 2016 - 07:02 PM

Ultimate Forbidden Technique

Continuous Trap

Activate when a monster is sent to your Graveyard by the effect of "Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lord". Once per turn, during your Battle Phase: You can target 1 "Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lord" you control that has declared an attack during this turn; it can attack once more during this Battle Phase.

Edited by FattMatt, 14 February 2016 - 07:03 PM.

#3 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9381 posts 688.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 14 February 2016 - 08:05 PM

Soul Transfer

Trap/Normal

Target one monster you control that was special summoned with the effect of "Relay Soul", give control of that monster to your opponent and apply the effect of "Relay Soul" to your opponent. As long as this card is in your graveyard you cannot lose the duel due to the effect of "Relay Soul"

#4 J3tricson Ancient One Sir Post-a-lot 364 posts 0.00 XCB

J3tricson

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:14 PM

Ghostrick Angel's Surprise

Quick-Play Spell

If you control a face-up Ghostrick monster, target 1 face-up monster on the field and change it to face-down Defense Position. If you control a "Ghostrick Angel of Mischief", attach this card to it as an Xyz material afterwards. During either player's turn, except during the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard, if your opponent would activate a Spell or Trap card while you control "Ghostrick Angel of Mischief", you can banish this card from your Graveyard to negate that Spell or Trap, and attach that card to a "Ghostrick Angel of Mischef" you control as an Xyz material.

Edited by J3tricson, 15 February 2016 - 10:21 PM.

#5 kyros27 Oldies Spewer of over 4000 Posts! 4532 posts 185.00 XCB

kyros27

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:19 PM

Final Trump

Quick-Play Spell

If you draw this card and have no other cards in your hand or Deck, you win the Duel.  When this card is sent to your Graveyard, add it to your Deck and shuffle it.

#6 BryceHarperFan Oldies Grand Ultimate Super Poster 2965 posts 424.00 XCB

BryceHarperFan

Posted 16 February 2016 - 11:22 PM

Why isn't my card an option???

#7 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5503 posts 424.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 17 February 2016 - 08:58 AM

Which card, EeL? You submitted two cards and didn't tell Exarion which one you wanted to submit.

#8 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9381 posts 688.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 17 February 2016 - 09:05 AM

as far as i can see neither is an option while Dominion of the Elemental Lords is listed twice

#9 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5503 posts 424.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 17 February 2016 - 09:54 AM

Good point. And Exarion picked Cell Structure Paracide, so I've edited the poll. 

Note: The votes on it remain.

#10 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4479 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 17 February 2016 - 09:59 AM

Venom Lamia

DARK/Reptile/Effect

1900/800/Lv 4

You can discard this card to the Graveyard; add 1 "Venom Swamp" or "Rise of the Snake Deity" from your Deck to your hand. If this card battles "Vennominaga, the Deity of Poisonous Snakes", its ATK becomes 100 lower than that monster's, during damage calculation only. If this card is in your Graveyard and you control "Vennominaga, the Deity of Poisonous Snakes": You can Special Summon this card to your opponent's side of the field in face-up Attack Position. You can only use this effect of "Venom Lamia" once per turn. If you control "Vennominaga, the Deity of Poisonous Snakes": You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then pay half your Life Points; place 1 Hyper-Venom Counter on 1 "Vennominaga, the Deity of Poisonous Snakes" you control, ignoring its effect. You can only use this effect of "Venom Lamia" once per Duel.

#11 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2651 posts 155.00 XCB

Gerdat14
  • Interests:Dueling with YVD and playing illegal games with my blanket.. don't ask...

Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:59 AM

Well, being the guy that actually likes Final Countdown, guess I'll try to support that one.

Prophetic Missteps

Continuous Spell

Activate only if "Final Countdown" is in your Graveyard. Once per turn, you can send 1 "Final Countdown" from your hand or deck to the graveyard. Your opponent's End Step counts as 2 turn endings.

HOW THE HELL CAN I WORD THIS?!? Final Countdown doesn't generate counters so i can't say that but... gah! Oh well. I'll take last again, that's fine.

#12 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4479 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 17 February 2016 - 01:26 PM

It doesn't help that the one oddball card that actually does affect the turn count is old as hell. I'd guess something along the lines of "The turn count for "Final Countdown" moves forward 2 turns instead of 1 during your opponent's turn."? Still doesn't sound great, but it's probably as close to "official" as you can get unless Konami decides to reprint Pyro Clock of Destiny in the next week.

#13 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5156 posts 201.00 XCB

Exarion

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:05 PM

I noticed that duplicate option as soon as I posted the topic, but I didn't want to risk (editing polls usually ruins the thread). I was going to sum the votes on both options.

Final Trump

Quick-Play Spell

If you draw this card and have no other cards in your hand or Deck, you win the Duel.  When this card is sent to your Graveyard, add it to your Deck and shuffle it.

I think you didn't get the point of the theme. >.>

#14 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5503 posts 424.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 17 February 2016 - 05:08 PM

It's interestingly worded, isn't it?

Because technically he's creating a card that supports that win condition, lol.

#15 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9381 posts 688.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 17 February 2016 - 05:32 PM

which was outlawed along with exodia and depleting LP in the criteria

#16 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5503 posts 424.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 17 February 2016 - 05:40 PM

Hmm, I guess there's that point too. But either way, his card is converting his would-be loss into a win. Which is slightly different to making the opponent deck out.

#17 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4479 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 17 February 2016 - 05:59 PM

If you want to be technical, it being shuffled into the Deck supports its own win condition, making it possible to draw it. So it does technically fit the criteria. The criteria didn't state the win condition had to be an already-existing one. ;p

#18 kyros27 Oldies Spewer of over 4000 Posts! 4532 posts 185.00 XCB

kyros27

Posted 17 February 2016 - 07:57 PM

If you want to be technical, it being shuffled into the Deck supports its own win condition, making it possible to draw it. So it does technically fit the criteria. The criteria didn't state the win condition had to be an already-existing one. ;p

This.  I don't see how it's against the rules :P

#19 BryceHarperFan Oldies Grand Ultimate Super Poster 2965 posts 424.00 XCB

BryceHarperFan

Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:01 PM

Forbidden Board

Continuous Trap Card

This card's effects cannot be activated unless you control "Dark Necrofear" in the Monster Card Zone, "Dark Necrofear" is in the Graveyard or in the Spell & Trap Card Zone by its own effect. If "Dark Necrofear" is sent to your Graveyard by battle or your opponent's card effect: You can activate this card directly from your Deck. During each of your opponent's End Phases: You can send 1 "Destiny Board" or 1 "Spirit Message" card from your Deck to the Graveyard. Once per turn: You can shuffle any number of "Forbidden Board", "Destiny Board" and/or "Spirit Message" cards from your hand into the Deck, then draw that same number of cards. If this card is destroyed: Return as many "Dark Necrofear" cards from your Graveyard as possible to the Deck, then draw 3 cards. During your opponent's End Phase: If "Destiny Board" and the "Spirit Message" cards "I", "N", "A", and "L" are in your Graveyard, you can apply these effects.

• Treat 4 other cards in your Spell & Trap Card Zones as "Spirit Message" cards "I", "N", "A", and "L" that were placed in the proper order, then target 1 "Destiny Board" in your Graveyard; banish it, and if you do, this card gains the effects of that target.

Edited by EeL, 18 February 2016 - 02:42 PM.

#20 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5156 posts 201.00 XCB

Exarion

Posted 20 February 2016 - 10:42 PM

~20h warning

Doctrine of the Snake Deity

Normal Spell

Return 1 Reptile-Type monster from your hand or Graveyard to the Deck, then add 1 "Snake Deity" Trap Card from your Deck to the hand.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Contest, CAC, Yugioh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users