Photo
- - - - - 7 replies to this topic

MTG News among other things

MTG, IRC, update

• Please log in to reply

#1 Emma Team XC TML's Secretary 1712 posts 71.00 XCB

Emma

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:15 PM

In Magic: The Gathering news, there has been some fairly interesting changes going on. First up is some changes made to the Modern format and the banning of Splinter Twin. This change hoses a top tier deck that has been dominant in the format and gives other decks a chance to shine. 

In Commander, there are three major changes. First up is the banning of Prophet of Kruphix. Commander doesn't see much change, but this is a pretty big one as U/G decks are the dominant colors in the format. This powers them down a bit, but except cards like Seedborn Muse to raise in price. Second is the removal of Rule 4. With this change, you can now tap for colors outside of your color identity. Sen Triplets and Havengul Lich all get some much needed love with this rule change. Thirdly is that Partial Paris is no longer a thing and Commander uses the standard Multiplayer Mulligan rule instead of any other mulligans. After a few years of no changes in the format, it's about time something happened!

Oath of the Gatewatch was just released not too long ago and Shadows Over Innistrad is the next set coming out in April. When SOI drops, the Khans block will rotate out.

As to IRC...

Gren is still working on setting up a server, however since everyone is looking for an update, there is some good news and bad news. The good news is that he could potentially host a server on his own machine, the bad news is that if he can't, he has no income to pay for the costs. If you wish to support him in paying the costs and have him maintain the server on his end, please feel free to PM him.

#2 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5678 posts 143.00 XCB

Gren
  • Interests:Interests? What interests?

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:26 PM

I'd also like to expand on the IRC issue that in addition to that, I won't be having a main computer soon as I have to sell it to cover a very expensive hospital bill. Looks like I'm still battling the financial part of cancer.

#3 XCeptionz Ancient One Newish 46 posts 9.00 XCB

XCeptionz

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:45 PM

I got an IRC Server yall can use if you want, no one no longer uses it and it's empty.

Host: 209.141.38.69

Port: 6667

#4 bobandjim Oldies Needs a life 965 posts 108.00 XCB

bobandjim

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:52 AM

Wow we are back to Innistrad so soon? I feel like they just did a set there.  Man time flies

#5 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5678 posts 143.00 XCB

Gren

Posted 17 February 2016 - 09:26 AM

That's why I don't understand why they are doing a return set so soon. Theoretically it' fits lore wise, but still seems too soon.

#6 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4518 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 17 February 2016 - 01:29 PM

I find it odd that this Magic news got a news post when the Adjusted Format for YGO didn't. o.o

#7 BryceHarperFan Oldies Grand Ultimate Super Poster 2965 posts 424.00 XCB

BryceHarperFan

Posted 17 February 2016 - 09:44 PM

I find it odd that this Magic news got a news post when the Adjusted Format for YGO didn't. o.o

Yeah I agree. The Yugioh adjusted format was definitely much bigger news and more pertinent to this site's current user base. 

#8 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5678 posts 143.00 XCB

Gren

Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:22 PM

We have already addressed this and will have a full, fleshed out news post soon. It was a little sudden and the YGO part of the news post is going to be bigger then this one by itself. I don't have much else for M:TG news (except some small tidbits), so YGO will get the spotlight. Don't worry, we're not leaving YGO out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users