Photo
- - - - - 15 replies to this topic

Seeing Red

Red-Eyes Fusion Deck Attempt

• Please log in to reply

#1 MidnightDaybreak Ancient One SSJ4 Poster 2067 posts 3.00 XCB

MidnightDaybreak
  • Interests:Lessee... my kitten, RPing (especially battles XD), WWE, my kitten, DX, my kitten, movies, reading, writing, my kitten, anime/manga, my kitten, games, definitely sex *drool* my kitten... um my kitten... um... did I say my kitten yet? o.o

Posted 11 February 2016 - 02:09 PM

Finally able to finish this thing!!

Main Deck
Normal Monsters (5)
Summoned Skull
Summoned Skull
Red-Eyes Black Dragon
Red-Eyes Black Dragon
Red-Eyes Black Dragon

Effect Monsters (16)
Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
Divine Dragon Lord Felgrand
Red-Eyes Black Flare Dragon
Red-Eyes Black Flare Dragon
Arkbrave Dragon
Red-Eyes Wyvern
Dark Grepher
Black Metal Dragon
Black Metal Dragon
Black Metal Dragon
Kinka-Byo
Effect Veiler
Keeper of the Shrine
The Black Stone of Legend

Magic Cards (14)
Allure of Darkness
Cards of the Red
Cards of the Red
Dragon Shrine
Dragon Shrine
Mystical Space Typhoon
One for One
Raigeki
Red-Eyes Fusion
Red-Eyes Fusion
Return of the Dragon Lords
Twin Twisters

Trap Cards (6)
Call of the Haunted
Call of the Haunted
Call of the Haunted
Return of the Red-Eyes
Torrential Tribute
Solemn Warning

Extra Deck
Xyz Monsters (8)
Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon
Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack
Number 11: Big Eye
Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon
Queen Dragun Djinn
Slacker Magician

Fusion Monsters (5)
Beast-Eyes Pendulum Dragon
Five-Headed Dragon/Archfiend Black Skull Dragon
Archfiend Black Skull Dragon
Archfiend Black Skull Dragon
First of the Dragons

Synchro Monsters (2)
Red Dragon Archfiend
Stardust Dragon

Side Deck
Red-Eyes Archfiend of Lightning
Red-Eyes Retro Dragon
Book of Moon
Burial from the Different Dimension
Cards of the Red Stone
Dragon Ravine
Dragon's Mirror
Inferno Fire Blast
Red-Eyes Fusion
Escape from the Dark Dimension
Fiendish Chain
Fiendish Chain
Mirror Force
Unwavering Bond
Unwavering Bond

Edited by MidnightDaybreak, 08 October 2016 - 05:08 AM.

#2 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:27 PM

I also love Red-Eyes! One of the coolest archetypes to date, for sure. There's are so many variants - the ritual variant being my personal favourite - but there aren't many better feelings than playing a single Spell Card and ending up with a 3200 ATK monster on the field.

In that sense, without a doubt, you always want to draw Odd-Eyes Fusion. If you can't, then you need Black Metal Dragon to search it for you. Polymerization is nice, but it doesn't have any synergy with your deck aside from King of the Swamps -> Meteor B. Dragon and makes you lose advantage fast. Odd-Eyes Fusion can fuse from the hand anyway.

The other thing I like about this casual strategy is being able to run some cards that wouldn't see much play otherwise. Cards that help set up Rank 4 or 7 scales are what I have in mind. Mecha Phantom Beast Tetherwolf is essentially a Level 7 monster upon Normal Summon, and can combo with Red-Eyes Retro Dragon to instantly Tribute Summon a Level 7+... Although I'm not sure why you'd do that.

Anyway, on to some changes that I'd consider:

-1 Red-Eyes Black Flare Dragon

-2 King of the Swamp

-1 Keeper of the Shrine

-1 A Wingbeat of Giant Dragon

-1 Cards of the Red Stone

-1 Foolish Burial

-1 Inferno Fire Blast (That ones up to you. Fun card though.)

-2 Mystical Space Typhoon

-2 Polymerization

-1 Red-Eyes Spirit

-1 Return of the Red-Eyes

+1 The Black Stone of Legend

+1 Odd-Eyes Fusion

+2 Junk Synchron (like Kinka-Byo, it works with Black Metal Dragon)

+3 Instant Fusion

+2 Twin Twisters

+2 Mecha Phantom Beast Tetherwolf

+1 Effect Veiler (can also be Summoned with One for One for a Level 5 or 8 Synchro)

+2 Maxx "C"

+1 Castle of Dragon Souls

+1 Call of the Haunted

+1 Allure of Darkness

+1 Jar of Avarice

+1 Daigusto Emeral

+1 Queen Dragun Djinn

+1 Herald of the Arc Light

+1 Armory Arm

+1 Old Entity Hastorr

+2 Elder Entity Norden

+1 Scarlight Red Dragon Archfiend

+1 Hi-Speedroid Chanbara

+1 Armades, Keeper of Boundaries

The numbers won't add up in the Main Deck because I'm assuming you won't buy every card. But those are a few ideas to make sure you can get powerful monsters on the field. Instant Fusion -> Elder Entity Norden means you can go into Daigusto Emeral to revive a Red-Eyes from your Graveyard for 4200 damage. Or, if you went into B. Skull Dragon you can grab that instead, putting 5000 ATK on the field just by paying 1000 LP.

Edited by Jesse, 13 February 2016 - 12:55 PM.

#3 MidnightDaybreak Ancient One SSJ4 Poster 2067 posts 3.00 XCB

MidnightDaybreak
  • Interests:Lessee... my kitten, RPing (especially battles XD), WWE, my kitten, DX, my kitten, movies, reading, writing, my kitten, anime/manga, my kitten, games, definitely sex *drool* my kitten... um my kitten... um... did I say my kitten yet? o.o

Posted 21 February 2016 - 09:31 AM

Well then, that's certainly a lot to consider o..o I'll have to look up a lot of those cards you mentioned (since I've been out of it for so long) and figure out what to run.

My goal was to buy everything I needed to build the deck, which is why I wanna get as close to a finalized list as possible before I start buying. I'll probably start getting the ones I know I'll need (curse you Black Stone >..>), but the last thing I'm looking to do is buy something I'm gonna end up not using.

Thanks for all the advice. I'll play around with your list and see what I can come up with! n..n

#4 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 21 February 2016 - 09:40 AM

Crap, when I said Odd-Eyes Fusion, I meant Red-Eyes Fusion. My bad!

#5 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 21 February 2016 - 01:56 PM

couldnt you just sneaky edit the post without anyone noticing? 2late now you already made an ass of yourself but admin powerz n stuff.

#6 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 21 February 2016 - 02:12 PM

Nope, I don't care about my appearance.

Just in case he wrote a list already and wouldn't notice the change, I don't want him to buy Odd-Eyes Fusion instead of Red-Eyes Fusion. It's unlikely that it would happen, but it's better to make sure he knows.

#7 MidnightDaybreak Ancient One SSJ4 Poster 2067 posts 3.00 XCB

MidnightDaybreak

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:29 PM

Luckily I haven't had the time to do my research yet to see why Odd-Eyes Fusion had been suggested. Now I can just disregard n..n

#8 MidnightDaybreak Ancient One SSJ4 Poster 2067 posts 3.00 XCB

MidnightDaybreak

Posted 17 June 2016 - 02:34 PM

Damn, it's been a minute. Curse you, life! >..<

Anyway, I've finally started working on collecting the cards needed for this deck. I gave you suggestions some thought, Jesse, and here's what I've come up with.

Main Deck
-Red-Eyes Retro Dragon
-King of the Swamp
-King of the Swamp
-Keeper of the Shrine
-Cards of the Red Stone
-Foolish Burial
-Polymerization
-Polymerization
-Red-Eyes Spirit

+Red-Eyes Wyvern
+Junk Synchron
+Junk Synchron
+Effect Veiler
+Allure of Darkness
+Dark Hole
+Red-Eyes Fusion
+Call of the Haunted
+Castle of Dragon Souls
+Jar of Avarice

Extra Deck
-Meteor Black Dragon
-Stardust Spark Dragon

+Queen Draun Djinn
+Armory Arm

Side Deck
+Red-Eyes Archfiend of Lightning
+Red-Eyes Retro Dragon
+Mecha Phantom Beast Tetherwolf
+Mecha Phantom Beast Tetherwolf
+Dark Grepher
+Maxx "C"
+Maxx "C"
+Burial from the Different Dimension
+Dragon's Mirror
+Escape from the Dark Dimension

• This ups my Main Deck from 41 to 42, but I don't think that will hurt too much.
  • Black Stone of Legend was kept at 2 purely for cost reasons... getting 2 is gonna hurt enough. I'm hoping it's included in the Legendary Decks II coming out in October. I'm actually holding off on buying most of the Red-Eyes cards until a set list comes out n..n
  • I've held off on doing any major changes to the Extra Deck until I'm sure of what I can get a hold of.
  • I gave the Instant Fusion/Norden engine you mentioned some thought, and I might try to get those and playtest them, but for now, I think this is what I'm going to go with (unless there's still anything super awful you can think to change <..<).

Edited by Kuinra Shisa, 17 June 2016 - 02:39 PM.

#9 BryceHarperFan Oldies Grand Ultimate Super Poster 2965 posts 424.00 XCB

BryceHarperFan

Posted 17 June 2016 - 02:49 PM

I think Pot of Avarice is banned.

#10 MidnightDaybreak Ancient One SSJ4 Poster 2067 posts 3.00 XCB

MidnightDaybreak

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:08 PM

It is. Luckily, I'm adding Jar of Avarice, which is unlimited n..n;;

#11 MidnightDaybreak Ancient One SSJ4 Poster 2067 posts 3.00 XCB

MidnightDaybreak

Posted 18 June 2016 - 06:16 PM

Is double posting allowed? I forget... it's been so long. If not, forgive me! >..<

Finished the rough idea for the Side Deck. Came up with this:

-Red-Eyes Archfiend of the Lightning

+Black Metal Dragon
+Champion's Vigilence
+Fiendish Chain
+Mirror Force
+Five-Headed Dragon
+Exploder Dragonwing

I tell you, I've never hated the limit on the Extra Deck more than I do now. Being able to build it as big as I want like in the old days would be really helpful here.

Regarding the Extra Deck, I'm starting to wonder if I should just drop the Synchro Monsters and stick with Fusion and Xyz. Doing that would ive me room for Five-Headed Dragon in the Extra Deck, and I'm sure there's plenty of good Xyz Monsters I could use; like that Daigusto Emeral that Jesse mentioned. Dropping the Tuners from the Main Deck would also allow me to put in a third each of Black Stone of Legend and Black Metal Dragon, and that would drop me back to 41 in the Main Deck (41's my lucky number for Yugioh decks). OR! I could stay at 42 by moving Dark Grepher to the Main Deck - I feel like he could do some good in there. 
Doing all that would also open up some room in my Side Deck, too o,,o

Any thoughts, any one?

Also, I should be shooting for 3 Archfiend Black Skull Dragons, and not bothering with the regular Black Skull Dragon, shouldn't I? .____.

Edited by MidnightDaybreak, 18 June 2016 - 06:59 PM.

#12 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 19 June 2016 - 04:10 AM

the fusions really arent that great anyway but if you are using em, yeah shoot for archfiend and not vanilla Black Skull

if you can get kinka byo and Beast-Eyes pendulum dragon that can be a good combo with Black Metal Dragon

#13 MidnightDaybreak Ancient One SSJ4 Poster 2067 posts 3.00 XCB

MidnightDaybreak

Posted 19 June 2016 - 06:30 AM

I have the Kinka-Byo/Best-Eyes combo already (well, Kinka-Byo's on the way).

Yeah, I do want to use the Fusions. With Red-Eyes Fusion letting me pull material from the Deck, I figure dropping a 3200 ATKer for free would be pretty sweet, especially with a protection effect and some free burn. So I definitely want to use Fusions; it's the Synchro monsters I'm wondering if they're worth using. 

#14 MidnightDaybreak Ancient One SSJ4 Poster 2067 posts 3.00 XCB

MidnightDaybreak

Posted 08 October 2016 - 04:31 AM

Picked up the Legendary Decks II yesterday, so I was finally able to finish this!

Here's what the deck looks like right now (still waiting on Dracossack). How's it look? Any ideas on hos it could be better.

One thing I was considering was switching 1 Card of the Red Stone for a second Allure, and maybe cutting Black Stone down to 2 in favor of a second Wyvern or maining Retro. Thoughts?

#15 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2446 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain
  • Interests:Games: video, and TCGs. TV, and sleeping.

Posted 08 October 2016 - 04:44 AM

I've looked this over and can't figure out why you have azure-eyes. Unless I'm just completely missing which monster is the lvl 2 tuner. ... other than that looks good to me.

#16 MidnightDaybreak Ancient One SSJ4 Poster 2067 posts 3.00 XCB

MidnightDaybreak

Posted 08 October 2016 - 05:01 AM

I have Azure-Eyes because I'm stupid, and was thinking that it was a Level 8 monster instead of 9 >..>

Luckily, I just ordered a Number 11: Big Eye, so I guess now I know what to cut when it comes in! Thanks for pointing that out. Woulda been embarrassing to try during a tournament XD

Edited by MidnightDaybreak, 08 October 2016 - 05:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users