Photo
- - - - - 25 replies to this topic

Weekly Create-A-Card Contest

Contest, CAC, Yugioh

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Poll: This week's contenders (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Place your votes!

1. The Chaos of the Cat (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

2. A Mermaid Tale (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

3. The Saga of the Vampire Child (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. The Giving Tree (3 votes [30.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

5. Odysseus' Quest (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

6. The Martian (2 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

7. Styxx of Didymos (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

8. Soul-Stealing Portrait (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

Vote

#1 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5,152 posts 200.00 XCB

Exarion
  • Interests:So many things, you wouldn't believe.

Posted 07 February 2016 - 01:11 PM

Weekly Create-A-Card Contest!

Welcome to the weekly create-a-card contest!
Congratulations to Yami Stomach, who won the contest on 01/31 with Eel! A paralyzing monster that later prevents any effect from being negated, emulating the behavior change of the corresponding XC member.
Everyone who participated will receive 1 x Pre-Synchro Era pack as thanks for participating. For winning this contest, Yami Stomach will instead receive his choice of 3 x Pre-Synchro Era or 1 x Pre-Xyz Era packs.

Previous Winners

Spoiler

The Rules

• Each member may submit up to one card each week.
  • Each round of the contest will last for one week.
  • The cards entered in a previous week's contest will be placed in a poll during the new week's contest.
  • Comments on the cards up for voting are encouraged, but not required
  • The winner of a round gets to decide the next open theme for the contest.
  • Be creative!

This Week's Contenders

Last week's theme was to create a card inspired on a book, using the story in a clear way.

Spoiler

The Theme

This week's theme, chosen by FattMatt, is to settle archetypes!

Eventually, a series of cards becomes an archetype when a card supports it referring to those cards as "name of archetype" cards. "Monarch", "Familiar-Possessed" and "Celtic Guard" were just series until they got a card supporting each of them as archetypes is released. And this is what this week's contest is about!

Create a card like Unpossessed or Celtic Guard of Noble Arms, which transforms a group of cards into a true archetype (but watch out for the original names in Japanese!).

Have fun~

#2 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9,333 posts 688.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 07 February 2016 - 02:01 PM

Aquatic Habitat

Spell/Field

All face-up "turtle" monsters you control gain 500 ATK and DEF. if a "Turtle" monster you control would be destroyed you can send the top card of your deck to the graveyard instead. You can Normal Summon (or set) "Turtle" monsters for one less tribute,

Edited by Yami Stomach, 09 February 2016 - 03:04 AM.

#3 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4,427 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:39 PM

Your card shows how complex this competition is. There's several cards that don't have "Darkness" in their TCG names that qualify for that archetype in the OCG (such as Malevolent Mech Goku En), and many that do have "Darkness" in their TCG name, but not their OCG name, and thus WOULDN'T qualify. (Such as Manticore of Darkness and Mask of Darkness.)

Now for my entry...

As far as I can tell, nothing else qualifies for this beyond the four that do in the TCG. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)

Dominion of the Elemental Lords

Spell/Field

Your Battle Phase cannot be skipped. Cards and effects cannot be activated in response to the activation of an "Elemental Lord" monster's effect. Once per turn: You can target monsters in your Graveyard, up to the number of cards in your Spell & Trap Card Zone, then declare 1 Attribute; this turn, those targets become that Attribute instead of their original Attribute, also, you cannot activate the effects of monsters, except "Elemental Lord" monsters, for the rest of this turn.

Edited by RiverShock, 07 February 2016 - 11:02 PM.

#4 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5,152 posts 200.00 XCB

Exarion

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:58 PM

This link might help (and they don't list "Darkness" as a series, probably because of what River said.)

#5 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4,427 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:03 PM

They don't list Darkness as a series because it's a proper Archetype in the anime, and is thus categorized as such.

#6 BryceHarperFan Oldies Grand Ultimate Super Poster 2,965 posts 424.00 XCB

BryceHarperFan

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:55 PM

Cell Structure Paracide

Field Spell Card

Place 1 "Paracide" monster from your hand, Deck or Graveyard face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card with this effect.

• All face-up monsters on your opponent's side of the field become Insect-Type. Insect-Type monsters your opponent controls cannot be used for a Tribute, as Synchro-Material and/or an Xyz Summon.

When your opponent Summons a monster(s), place 1 "Paracide" counter on this card for each monster Summoned. While your opponent controls an Insect-Type monster: If a "Paracide" card would leave the field, you can remove 1 "Paracide" counter instead.

Edited by EeL, 09 February 2016 - 10:00 AM.

#7 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9,333 posts 688.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:53 AM

They don't list Darkness as a series because it's a proper Archetype in the anime, and is thus categorized as such.

in the ANIME. hence why my card is still valid, since they arent a proper archtype in the TCG i can change it if i need to

#8 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4,427 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 08 February 2016 - 05:01 AM

I wasn't saying your entry shouldn't count because it's an archetype in the anime. o.o That was in response to Exarion's assumption of why they weren't listed as a series.

However, as the criteria briefly mentions, you'd have to word the card in such a way to exclude cards that aren't actually part of the archetype (such as Manticore) and include the cards that are, but whose TCG name doesn't reflect that (such as Goku En). Which is basically impossible for Darkness. There is only 1 card in the entire TCG that doesn't take this precaution. (Vampire Vamp, who doesn't prevent Vampire Orchis or Vampire Koala, who are not "Vampire" monsters in the OCG. And given how the effect works, the only way it could have is if Vampire Orchis/Vampire Koala had gotten errataed, lol.)

#9 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2,641 posts 154.00 XCB

Gerdat14
  • Interests:Dueling with YVD and playing illegal games with my blanket.. don't ask...

Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:29 AM

...Okay then, here is MY most terrible of entries!

Arm the Units!

Normal Spell

Discard a card. Add up to 2 "Blaster" Spells from your deck or graveyard to your hand. If you play a "Blaster" Spell card this turn, whenever a Monster you controls battles an opponents Monster during the Battle Phase this turn, destroy the opponent's Monster after damage calculation.

There we go. We have a few Blaster monsters and a few Blaster Spells, and even a Blaster trap! But they don't get played as they tend to have subpar effects and also tend to be very specific when it comes to viable targets. Maybe this would help the guys that want t ouse Gravity and Spark Blaster?

#10 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9,333 posts 688.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:40 AM

i think i'll just change mine, gimme a sec

#11 BryceHarperFan Oldies Grand Ultimate Super Poster 2,965 posts 424.00 XCB

BryceHarperFan

Posted 08 February 2016 - 06:43 PM

I'm not even sure if mine counts. Although I wish KONAMI would make that card. I would cry if they did.

#12 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5,152 posts 200.00 XCB

Exarion

Posted 08 February 2016 - 09:13 PM

Stomach, I think Sphinx is already an archetype (because of Exxod)...

Eel, there is only 1 "Paracide" card, so it's probably not valid.

Anyway, FattMatt may have the last word.

Resplendent Cycle
Continuous Spell
When this card is activated: You can target 1 "Majestic Mech" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it, but send it to the Graveyard during the End Phase. Once per turn, when a "Majestic Mech" monster(s) you control is sent to the Graveyard: You can add 1 "Majestic Mech" monster from your Deck to your hand.

#13 BryceHarperFan Oldies Grand Ultimate Super Poster 2,965 posts 424.00 XCB

BryceHarperFan

Posted 08 February 2016 - 09:44 PM

Stomach, I think Sphinx is already an archetype (because of Exxod)...

Eel, there is only 1 "Paracide" card, so it's probably not valid.

Anyway, FattMatt may have the last word.

Resplendent Cycle
Continuous Spell
When this card is activated: You can target 1 "Majestic Mech" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it, but send it to the Graveyard during the End Phase. Once per turn, when a "Majestic Mech" monster(s) you control is sent to the Graveyard: You can add 1 "Majestic Mech" monster from your Deck to your hand.

But Drill Bug helps Parasite Paracide. Does it have to be a card with the same name and an effect that helps it?

#14 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5,152 posts 200.00 XCB

Exarion

Posted 08 February 2016 - 10:09 PM

It's exactly the opposite, actually.

#15 BryceHarperFan Oldies Grand Ultimate Super Poster 2,965 posts 424.00 XCB

BryceHarperFan

Posted 08 February 2016 - 10:14 PM

Ryu-Kishin Bell Tower

Field Spell Card

During damage calculation, if your "Ryu-Kishin" monster battles an opponent's monster with a higher ATK: Pay 500 LP; your monster gains ATK equal to the difference in ATK +300, during damage calculation only. When a "Ryu-Kishin" monster is Summoned: You can target 1 face-up monster on the field; change its battle position. Once per turn, during either player's turn: If a face-up "Ryu-Kishin" card would leave the field, you can send 1 Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to the Graveyard instead.

#16 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4,427 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:01 PM

I don't see why "Paracide" shouldn't be valid personally. It wouldn't be the first time we've had an archetype of 1 card. ("Bamboo Sword" only had 1 existing card, and only 1 card that satisfied its requirement, at the release of Golden Bamboo Sword, and "Legendary Dragon" and "Legendary Knight" only had 1 member each at the time of Legend of Heart's release.)

#17 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2,434 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain
  • Interests:Games: video, and TCGs. TV, and sleeping.

Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:30 AM

ok let's do this. 

Celebration of DOOM Tokens

continuous spell

Once per turn: you can return as many "Token" cards from your graveyard to your hand up to the number of unoccupied monster zones on your side of the field; then special summon 1 "Doom Token" (Earth/Beast/lvl 1/0atk/0def) in defense position for each card returned to the hand by this effect. "Doom Token"s can not be used as synchro material or tributed for a tribute summon the turn they are summoned.

#18 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5,488 posts 419.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:39 AM

Not to mention that if EeL's card were to be released, then there would be two Paracide cards.

#19 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5,152 posts 200.00 XCB

Exarion

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:41 AM

Well, that's why I mentioned Matt would have the final word...

And Eel's card was supporting "Paracide Parasite" only, btw. >.>

#20 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4,427 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:16 AM

Last sentence. (As ill-worded as it is.)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Contest, CAC, Yugioh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users