Photo
- - - - - 79 replies to this topic

My New Years' Resolution

This is going to be torture..

• Please log in to reply

#61 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4575 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 02 October 2016 - 04:44 PM

And, Sophia, Goddess of Rebirth is done! (Funny how I decided to do Sophia the same day Tierra was revealed, lol.)

2 x Sophia, Goddess of Rebirth

2 x Odd-Eyes Gravity Dragon

3 x Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon

2 x Performapal Odd-Eyes Light Phoenix

2 x Performapal Gumgumouton (I wanted a Scale 1 or 2 to Pendulum Summon Nobledragon from the Extra Deck. It also handily works as the Beast for Beast-Eyes.)

1 x Luster Pendulum, the Dracoslayer (I didn't use this once, lol.)

1 x Performapal Skullcrobat Joker

3 x Performapal Pendulum Sorcerer

2 x Odd-Eyes Mirage Dragon (Why I didn't run three of this and 2 Unicorn I have no idea.)

2 x Performapal Lizardraw

2 x Nobledragon Magician (I needed to be able to Synchro Summon. My 1 regret with this deck is that this wasn't searchable enough. Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon's too slow for that purpose, and Skullcrobat's just 1 card.)

3 x Performapal Odd-Eyes Unicorn

3 x Odd-Eyes Advent

1 x Odd-Eyes Fusion

3 x Sky Iris

1 x Soul Charge (The only time I drew this, I topdecked it the turn after I used Sophia, lol.)

2 x Terraforming

2 x Twin Twisters

3 x Quaking Mirror Force

Extra Deck: (Note that I didn't Xyz Summon once all day, lol)

2 x Beast-Eyes Pendulum Dragon

1 x Odd-Eyes Vortex Dragon

1 x Ignister Prominence, the Blasting Dracoslayer

1 x Odd-Eyes Meteorburst Dragon (Would have ran 2 if I could find them, though it didn't ultimately matter)

1 x Ancient Fairy Dragon

1 x Iron Chain Dragon (Needed Level 6 Dragons to Synchro with Nobledragon Magician. As it turns out, I didn't Summon either.)

1 x Red Wyvern

2 x Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon

1 x Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon

1 x Queen Dragun Djinn (It's pretty neat here, since it can revive a fallen Vortex, Gravity or Synchro for Sophia.)

1 x Majester Paladin, the Ascending Dracoslayer

1 x Super Quantal Mech Beast Grampulse

1 x Wind-Up Zenmaines

Lost 2-0 to Majespecters. (This was quick. I drew somewhat poorly both games, too.)

Beat Geargia 2-0. (Not a difficult match aside from the odd backrow. They have no real outs to big monsters, barring their like 1 Castel, so I just walled with Odd-Eyes basically. Summoned Sophia game 1, using Meteorburst, Gravity Dragon, Beast-Eyes and their Gear Gigant X.)

Lost to Gadgets 2-0. (Somewhat even, but I dead drew a bit game 2. So did he, but he had the better hand.)

Beat Raidraptors 2-0. (Hahahaha. Summoned Sophia game 1, using Gravity Dragon, Ancient Fairy Dragon (needed to send Meteorburst for Advent), Beast-Eyes (which I had to Pendulum Sorcerer for a Gumgumouton and Tribute Summon it for) and their Ultimate Falcon. (Hahahahahaha. You're not unaffected by THAT! :P. Game 2 I OTKed him pretty early in.)

Lost to Raccoons 1-2. (The first two games were somewhat even. The third, I literally drew unusable cards basically the entire game. The only monster I drew was an Odd-Eyes Unicorn. Not much you can do with 2 Sky Iris and nothing to destroy with it.)

Edited by RiverShock, 02 October 2016 - 04:52 PM.

#62 BryceHarperFan Oldies Grand Ultimate Super Poster 2965 posts 424.00 XCB

BryceHarperFan

Posted 03 October 2016 - 01:32 PM

Man, you really are going through these! Good job!

#63 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5487 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako
  • Interests:Video Games, Yugioh, and many other things.

Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:26 AM

I want that card... Dont know why since I dont run anything that uses Rituals, fusions, synchros, AND xyzs but I do. More or less I think its just because.

#64 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2446 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain
  • Interests:Games: video, and TCGs. TV, and sleeping.

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:41 PM

I've been looking at my collection and I've been thinking about making a list like this and do a bunch of big/main strategy cards and build decks around them. I really want to but I'm also lazy and won't buy specific cards to fix each deck

#65 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4575 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 05 October 2016 - 12:36 AM

Thankfully the only things I've had to buy specifically for this list thus far were Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth and some of the Sarcophagi for Spirit of the Pharaoh. (I borrowed the expensive Nekroz stuff and Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon also, and will hopefully borrow Armityle since I can't find the one(s) I'm 90% sure I own.)

#66 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5487 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:57 AM

If you lived close enough I'd loan you mine, but youre in a whole different country. I LOVE my Armityle, and while the deck I made for it is FAR from good I like some of the tricks I have in it. Namely my combo for using Tyrant Neptune's and Hardened Armed Dragon's effects to make a better Armityle and (while I cant remember its name) an equip spell that allows me to alter the monsters position once per turn. Go to atk position, crush something, switch to def position. The main focus of my deck, though, is an attempt at using Evil Hero fusions. Namely Dark Gaia and Malicious Fiend.

#67 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4575 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 03 November 2016 - 10:46 PM

Sooo... I completed Valkyrion... Last week. Man I'm lazy, lol. To be fair, I didn't record who I faced, and had forgotten most of my opponents by the time I got back that day, lol. Incidentally, I also almost completed A-to-Z Dragon Buster Cannon and Armityle (I ended up buying one >.>) in this time. I was literally 1 turn off A-to-Z, but got OTKed by Shiranui out of nowhere.

3 x Valkyrion the Magna Warrior

2 x Berserkion the Electromagna Warrior

1 x Block Dragon

2 x Alpha the Magnet Warrior

2 x Beta the Magnet Warrior

2 x Gamma the Magnet Warrior

1 x Gem-Knight Lapis

3 x Alpha the Electromagnet Warrior

3 x Beta the Electromagnet Warrior

3 x Gamma the Electromagnet Warrior

1 x Sentry Soldier of Stone

1 x Gem-Knight Lazuli

3 x Brilliant Fusion

3 x Magnetic Field

2 x Mystical Space Typhoon

1 x Terraforming

3 x Trade-In

2 x Magnetic Conversion

2 x Storming Mirror Force

Extra Deck:

2 x Gem-Knight Zirconia

1 x Galaxy-Eyes Full Armor Photon Dragon

1 x Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon

1 x Number 38: Hope Harbinger Dragon Titanic Galaxy

1 x Gagaga Cowboy

1 x Number 47: Nightmare Shark

1 x Soul of Silvermountain

1 x Leviair the Sea Dragon

3 x Gorgonic Guardian

2 x Giant Soldier of Steel

Magnet Warriors are actually pretty decent. Obviously this build has some issues (Magnet Conversion didn't do a whole lot most of the time, and I'd obviously drop it to 1 outside a Valkyrion build, and it really, really needed more than 1 Rank 4. There's one game where I would have had a much easier time if I had Gem-Knight Pearl. >.> I'd probably drop a Giant Soldier and Guardian for Pearl and, if I had one spare, Dire Wolf. That being said, Gorgonic Guardian is an amazingly good card.) I almost feel like I should have included 3 Brilliant Fusion targets since Lapis isn't a dead draw in this deck. (Sentry Soldier and Magnetic Field both turn it into a Rank 3.) I chose Lapis over Obsidian mostly because I like Lapis better, though a Level 3 I can get back with Lazuli is kinda cool.

As for the tournament itself... I don't remember a lot. There was a veeeeery low turn-out, and thus only 3 rounds. I think I went 2-1, beating Dark Magicians round 3. That got me to the top 4, where I lost to Fluffals.

Assuming I get around to building a Ghostrick Angel of Mischief deck at some point (and luck out with it), I realistically see myself completing this "challenge" this year. :P

#68 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2446 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain

Posted 04 November 2016 - 03:21 AM

Good luck.

#69 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4575 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 06 November 2016 - 05:23 PM

Yesterday, I unceremoniously Summoned Armityle in a fun game against Lunalights, lol. (He basically dead drew. Summoned a Cat Dancer and didn't really have anything else. I Hand Destructioned Raviel and Hamon, next turn Prisma'd Uria, turn after rammed Phantom of Chaos into Cat Dancer to Call of the Haunted it back and Inferno Reckless Summon. I proceeded to win with Armityle the following turn, ARKing the Cat Dancer he left in attack position for some reason, though I obv. could've Castel'd it.)

2 x Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder

2 x Raviel, Lord of Phantasms

1 x Uria, Lord of Searing Flame (I realistically should have ran 2. The only reason I have 2 Hamon is that I previously ran more Continuous Spells than I do now.)

3 x Elemental HERO Prisma

2 x Phantom Skyblaster

3 x Battle Fader

3 x Phantom of Chaos

3 x Card Trader

3 x Hand Destruction

3 x Inferno Reckless Summon

1 x Lightning Vortex (I ran this over Dark Hole since it's possible for Uria/Hamon/Raviel to be stuck in my hand. That being said, I didn't draw it in the two games I used it in after adding it.)

3 x Messenger of Peace

1 x One Day of Peace

3 x Pot of Duality

2 x Twin Twisters

2 x Call of the Haunted

3 x Powerful Rebirth

1 x Armityle the Chaos Phantom

1 x D/D/D Wave King Caesar (My side deck was a pretty half-assed Fiend Synchro side that I never ended up using. That being said, I can use Phantom of Chaos and Skyblaster as materials for this thing.)

1 x Silent Honor ARK

1 x Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer

1 x Abyss Dweller

10 x Synchros for use with the aformentioned side deck that thus went unused.

#70 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4575 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 13 November 2016 - 04:33 PM

A-to-Z Dragon Buster Cannon complete!

1 x Cyber Eltanin (My equivalent to Raigeki/Dark Hole in here. Being able to banish the smaller guys from the Graveyard is sometimes necessary, too.)

3 x X-Head Cannon

3 x Y-Dragon Head

3 x Z-Metal Tank

3 x A-Assault Core

3 x B-Buster Drake

3 x C-Crush Wyvern

2 x Cyber Dragon Drei (Core target, and Xyz Material)

3 x Cyber Dragon Core (For Network, which is amazing, though I only got it off once this time, oddly.)

2 x Iron Call

1 x Soul Charge

1 x Terraforming

2 x Twin Twisters

3 x Union Hangar (Why don't you work on Normal Monsters like Union Scramble?)

1 x Call of the Haunted (I'd have run more if XYZ-Dragon Cannon was revivable from the Graveyard.)

3 x Cyber Network

3 x Union Scramble (Love this card so much.)

2 x A-to-Z Dragon Buster Cannon (Kinda wish I ran 3 since I could've Summoned the third at one point, not that I needed to.)

3 x ABC-Dragon Buster

3 x XYZ-Dragon Cannon

1 x XY-Dragon Cannon

1 x XZ-Tank Cannon

1 x YZ-Tank Dragon (I ran these primarily to be able to banish any two XYZ parts from my field for Scramble usage. I ended up using XY for this purpose once, that's it.)

1 x Chimeratech Fortress Dragon

1 x Gear Gigant X

1 x Bujintei Tsukuyomi

I'll probably post the proper results later (I recorded them, but can't be bothered checking my notes right now, that'd require effort. ;p), but I ended up going 3-2, beating HERO, Dark Magician and something I'm forgetting.

And heh, that's the last hard-to-Summon thing on my list checked off. Just three win conditions to go. (Though I'm somewhat considering adding Great Magnus, though personally I feel the fact you can use 3 Level 12s to Summon it as well as the intended way puts it in the Shooting Quasar realm of difficulty and not like Gate Guardian levels.)

Edited by RiverShock, 13 November 2016 - 04:36 PM.

#71 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 16 November 2016 - 08:49 PM

Damn man, almost done now. Can't believe it's nearly been a year already.

Only 3 more to go from the main list, right? Colour me impressed, you saw this commitment through.

I guess you could say this is the Final Countdown :D

#72 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4575 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 16 November 2016 - 11:32 PM

Ironically Final Countdown'll probably be the last one I tick off. (Simply because it's the easiest one left. I'll go for Angel of Mischief first, in fact I'll be attempting it today, since it's a pain in the ass and I'll probably fail a lot. I'd have done Destiny Board before now if I had pulled more than 1 Dark Sanctuary from my 2 boxes of Rivals. >.>)

#73 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4575 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 17 November 2016 - 07:33 AM

...I feel so bad for ticking this off... But Ghostrick Angel of Mischief complete... Wow...

1 x Ghostrick Skeleton

1 x Ghostrick Ghoul

2 x Ghostrick Jackfrost

3 x Ghostrick Lantern

2 x Ghostrick Specter

3 x Ghostrick Jiangshi

1 x Ghostrick Nekomusume

1 x Ghostrick Doll

2 x Ghostrick Mary

3 x Speedroid Terrortop

2 x Speedroid Taketomborg (I drew this almost every duel, including starting with it twice.)

1 x Ghostrick Mansion

2 x Ghostrick Museum (I guess this should have been Parade really, but I basically didn't draw the Field Spells for most of the day)

2 x Mystical Space Typhoon (Never drew this, though it was on the top of my deck after the final duel.)

1 x Soul Charge

3 x Swords of Concealing Light

2 x Ghostrick-Go-Round

1 x Ghostrick Night

3 x Ghostrick Scare

3 x Ghostrick Vanish

3 x Quaking Mirror Force

3 x Ghostrick Angel of Mischief

3 x Ghostrick Alucard

1 x Ghostrick Socuteboss

2 x Ghostrick Dullahan

1 x Downerd Magician

1 x Totem Bird

1 x Mechquipped Angineer

1 x Sky Cavalry Centaurea

1 x Number F0: Utopic Future

There was a low turnout, which made me even less likely to pull it off, but... Wow, I somehow managed...

Lost 2-0 to Nekroz. (Didn't really do anything, there was never a point I could have possibly made a comeback.)

Bye. (At this point I basically ruled out winning a game.)

Beat Blue-Eyes 2-1. (I'm shocked. It was a competent player with a competitive deck... Game 1 he dead drew pretty bad, but eventually won. I might've been able to win that one had I not attached Night as a Material. Game 2, he dead drew even worse and I somehow managed to win with Angel of Mischief. Game 3 we both actually drew decently. I eventually decked him in time, lol. Skeleton milled like 6 cards over the course of 2 turns, being just enough.)

I somehow made Top 4 (I did not deserve that at all) due to the low turnout (7 people...), and lost 2-0 to Darklords, though it took a little while. (The guy I was facing is someone that has used Ghostricks a lot, so he knew my deck a lot better than I did, lol.)

#74 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 17 November 2016 - 11:46 AM

wow props for not using the stupid mega zaborg OTK thingy and actually using a ghostrick deck

#75 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4575 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 01 December 2016 - 08:24 AM

And the penultimate challenge is done. Destiny Board. I actually went 2-2, lol.

2 x Card Guard

3 x Cardcar D

3 x Battle Fader

3 x Swift Scarecrow

2 x Dark Sanctuary (I only own 2, and in fact bought a box of Rivals to pull the second one)

3 x Gold Sarcophagus

3 x Magical Mallet

1 x One Day of Peace

3 x Pot of Duality

1 x Spirit Message "I"

1 x Spirit Message "N"

1 x Spirit Message "A"

1 x Spirit Message "L"

1 x Terraforming

1 x Upstart Goblin

3 x Destiny Board

1 x Drowning Mirror Force

2 x Imperial Custom

2 x Jar of Avarice (Need to get back my messages when Destiny Board goes down.)

1 x Skill Prisoner (It's chainable, unlike something like Starlight Road, and things like Castel are the more accessable outs to Destiny Board, especially with Custom out. That being said, it was only OK, nothing special. Did get a couple of good negates with it, though. Being reusable is nice.)

2 x Waboku

1 x Number 54: Master Key Beetle

<insert a few irrelevant Rank 1s here>

Beat Noble Knights 2-0. (Not the best player ever, but not completely incompetent either. He drew fairly poorly, though he probably could've held out for a Rank 4 Artorigus if he thought out the matchup more. I won with Destiny Board twice, of course, since this deck has no other win condition.)

Lost to Ritual Beasts 2-0. (I nearly won game 2. He drew pretty poorly, and for some reason activated Vanity's. I would have won if I hadn't set Imperial Custom.)

Beat Tzolkin Cyber Angels 2-1. (Damn this was a cool deck. o.o Game 1 I won since he didn't main deck removal. Game 2 I lost fairly quickly. Game 3, he didn't draw his removal until the very last turn, where it was too late. To be fair, my opening hand game 3 was PERFECT. I had Dark Sanctuary with a Guard Counter, Destiny Board, Imperial Custom and a Battle Fader in hand.)

Lost to "Crystron" Metalfoe 2-0. (Even he admits the Crystrons did nothing all night. He played a single Rosenix both games. But Tzolkin, and more importantly Ignister Prominence are cards. I have literally zero outs to Ignister in this piece of crap deck, lol. Wish Skill Prisoner could target the opponent's stuff.)

#76 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5487 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted 04 December 2016 - 01:31 PM

Rewinding back to the A-To-Z deck I might take notes. Im contemplating making a hybrid version of that and Cybers, though for me I dont really bother with the Network because 1. Not enough spares and 2. The delay isnt very good for me as I lack Twin Twister and reliable ways of destroying it. Still making edits as I go for a pure build, though, and I'll consider 1. I think I still have 1 spare... Also, I have to ask but do you know if its legal to now equip 1 monster with multiple Unions now that the whole union effect seems to have been rewritten?

Like the Armityle deck, though. Love that card.

Edited by Zane Kamanako, 04 December 2016 - 02:33 PM.

#77 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4575 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:52 PM

Depends on the Union. The ones that haven't been changed still can't be equipped alongside any other Union monsters. (So you can't equip B-Buster Drake to a monster equipped with Metallizing Parasite - Lunatite, and can't equip a Metallizing Parasite - Lunatite to a monster equipped with B-Buster Drake.) They'll probably update some of them over time. (The OCG got an updated version of W-Wing Catapult, for example, that we don't have yet.) I wouldn't hold your breath for cards like Des Dendle or Freezing Beast, though, lol, but I could see cards like Armored Cybern or Armor Breaker happening eventually.

#78 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4575 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 16 December 2016 - 09:31 AM

Soo... I'm a horrible person. I actually did Final Countdown last week... And never posted it. >.> I also didn't build a deck for it, I put it in an existing one. >.>

1 x Thunder King Rai-Oh

1 x Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite

2 x Card Guard

1 x Neo-Spacian Grand Mole

1 x Cardcar D

2 x Book of Eclipse

1 x Book of Moon

3 x Card of Demise

1 x Final Countdown

3 x Magic Planter

3 x Mystical Space Typhoon

3 x Pot of Duality

1 x Raigeki

3 x Abyss Stungray

3 x Imperial Custom

3 x Statue of Anguish Pattern

3 x Tiki Curse

3 x Tiki Soul

3 x Zoma the Spirit

1 x Goyo Guardian

1 x Armades, Keeper of Boundaries

1 x Ally of Justice Catastor (I made a bunch of changes to the deck just before I went to my locals. I used to run Effect Veiler even though it clashes with Card of Demise. I did not update the Extra Deck to reflect that change, though I honestly don't use the Extra Deck much anyway.)

1 x Number 11: Big Eye

1 x Constellar Pleiades (I run this and Big Eye more as ways to clear a couple of Stungray/Statue if they clog my field, though I think I did pick up a game with Big Eye.)

2 x Number 66: Master Key Beetle

1 x Cairngorgon, Antiluminescent Knight

1 x Number 101: Silent Honor ARK

1 x Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer

1 x Diamond Dire Wolf

1 x Gagaga Samurai

1 x Wind-Up Zenmaister (I love this thing here. Being able to reuse my Traps for Statue of Anguish Pattern is amazing. Incidentally, that's the main reason I'm now running Book of Eclipse as well.)

1 x Gagaga Cowboy

Side Deck:

2 x Trap Eater

2 x Gravekeeper's Commandant

1 x Uria, Lord of Searing Flames (I had removed this shortly before the tournament... It does rarely have its uses I guess, but not really worth it.)

2 x Dark Hole

3 x Necrovalley

2 x Pendulum Storm

2 x System Down

1 x Cyber Shadow Gardna (Occasionally worth it in grindier games. The fact it eats a Spell/Trap Zone and there's nothing you can really do about that sucks a lot, though.)

And the results... Probably won't have any specifics to comment on, but I did record who I faced and the results.

Beat Galaxy 2-0. (Kinda mediocre build/player. Got off Final Countdown game 1.)

Lost to Geargia Metalfoes 1-2. (Interesting deck, good player. Came close to winning with Final Countdown in one of the games, but he finished me like turn 16 or so.)

Beat Darklords 2-1. (This was close if I remember correctly, mostly down to the player being fairly unfamiliar with the deck.)

Beat Ninjas 2-1. (Dark Simorgh is a card. It's a nightmare for this deck. I can't even Book out of it. >.> My one loss was basically solely just because he Summoned it. I dealt with his Ninjitsu Arts of Transformation much more swiftly in the later games, and also sided in Dark Holes of course, which helped. Ninjas don't like heavy removal, so that worked out pretty well in the end.)

Sooo... I guess it's over now, huh. This was fun. I've Summoned many of these things before, but not for a long time, and some, like D.D. Jet Iron and Flying Fortress SKY FIRE, were things I always really wanted to do but never got around to. So doing those was nice. Having to do these did make it a little harder for me to build new decks this year, though. (Simply due to time.) So I'll probably be opting to be a little more creative next year rather than doing a similar thing. We'll see, though. I'm sure cards like Huge Revolution will be on my radar one day. ;p

#79 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2446 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:37 PM

Well great job none the less. Like i said before i liked this idea and i wanted to basically steal it for myself in a way to force myself to actually make new decks. I think I'll do that this coming year. Just gotta think of a list of cards I've wanted to use but haven't.

#80 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion
  • Interests:Just let me sleep.

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:14 AM

Whoa, you really managed to complete it!

Congratulations, River.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users