Photo
- - - - - 79 replies to this topic

My New Years' Resolution

This is going to be torture..

• Please log in to reply

#41 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4575 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 11 September 2016 - 04:17 PM

And there goes the other 2 Moths. :P In addition to replacing Larvae Moth with Retaliating "C", I replaced Swords and Resonance Insect with Skill Drain and Fiendish Chain.

Lost to Felgrand Dragons 1-2. (Heh, this was a fun match. Won game 1 by deckout since Block Spider's a card. Also managed to get Great Moth out during that time. Game 2, I got out PUGM, but he beat over it with a 4000+ ATK Felgrand Dragon soon after and I lost shortly after that. Game 3 was close, and I could have won it, but I decided to let the kid have the win. Honestly, that was mostly selfish. Didn't want to get absolutely destroyed in Round 2.

Lost to Melodious Cyber Angels 0-2. (Game 1 I lost basically immediately. Game 2 went on for a long time due to things like Block Spider and Messenger of Peace, but I eventually lost. I think I decked out, but I could be wrong.)

Beat Odd-Eyes Majespecter 2-1, lol. (Hahaha. Man this was fun. He dead drew hard game 1, and I literally won by beating him down with Howling Insect and Retaliating "C", to the point that he was forced to Eccentrick my Howling Insect at one point. Game 2, he won, though it took a while, and I got out both moths during that time. Game 3, he ended up with his entire field locked by Quaking Mirror Force and eventually decked out. Skill Drain put in work, too.)

Lost to Dinomist 0-2. (Didn't even manage to remotely put up a fight. Lost to Castel breaking my stall both games.)

Lost to Satellarknights 0-2. (Game 1 was extremely close. Had Skill Drain up the entire game, and it put in work, especially when he misplayed and Summoned a Triverr under Skill Drain. We BOTH ended up with 0 cards left in Deck, but I decked out first. Had a Dark Bribe set, but he unfortunately didn't activate anything. Also attempted to Summon PUGM in this Duel, but it got Black Horned. >.> That game took over half an hour. I lost the second game basically in time. (Technically we got a time extension since a bunch of people came and distracted my opponent, but the game didn't last much longer past that.) Had to Skill Drain basically immediately, so I knew I was going to lose anyway. He ended up reducing my LP to 0 regardless.

This deck was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. I'm kinda tempted to keep it.

#42 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 11 September 2016 - 05:17 PM

for ghostrick angel just use mega zaborg and rank up magic adoration of the thousands (or w/e its called)

#43 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4575 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 11 September 2016 - 05:24 PM

Admiration of the Thousands only works on CXyz and Number C monsters.

#44 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4575 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:00 PM

And another one crossed off. This time, VWXYZ-Dragon Catapult Cannon. (I realized waiting until the Kaiba deck was a dumb idea since A-to-Z Dragon Buster Cannon will be added to the list when it comes out...)

2 x Cyber Eltanin

3 x X-Head Cannon

3 x V-Tiger Jet

1 x Cyber Dragon Drei

2 x Y-Dragon Head

2 x Z-Metal Tank

3 x W-Wing Catapult

3 x Cyber Dragon Core

2 x Frontline Base

3 x Iron Call

2 x Mystical Space Typhoon

1 x Soul Charge

3 x Swords of Revealing Light

3 x Unexpected Dai

2 x Call of the Haunted (Only time I used this, it was to block 400 damage with a Cyber Dragon Core since Network was about to destroy it.)

3 x Cyber Network (This card is amazing)

2 x Roll Out! (Didn't activate this once)

2 x VWXYZ-Dragon Catapult Cannon

3 x XYZ-Dragon Cannon

3 x VW-Tiger Catapult

1 x Chimeratech Fortress Dragon

1 x Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon

2 x Gear Gigant X (I only Summoned this once all day, and it got Mistaked)

1 x Number 101: Silent Honor ARK

1 x Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer

1 x Bujintei Tsukuyomi (This put in work)

Lost to Stall Burn 2-1. (Lava Golem is a card. It won him both the games he won. Did Summon VWXYZ Game 2, though. Aside from Eltanin, I have zero outs to Lava Golem aside from not having a second monster, which wasn't possible game 3 since a Cyber Dragon Core survived the entire duel to that point.)

Bye. (Yay...)

Beat old-school Fiends 2-0. (Wasn't terribly difficult. Got out VWXYZ both games, banishing Dark Necrofear is fun. As is blowing up nearly an entire field with XYZ.)

Lost to Mecha Phantom Beasts 2-0. (Game 1 was pretty close, but I eventually got out-grinded. Game 2, I dead drew and lost. My final lot of cards was something like 2 Cyber Network, a Roll Out!, a Frontline Base and something else equally useless.)

Incidentally, this deck was pretty solid. I dead drew only once (see above). A bit of that was Cyber Network not being hit with removal, though.

Edited by RiverShock, 15 September 2016 - 02:09 PM.

#45 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5487 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako
  • Interests:Video Games, Yugioh, and many other things.

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:53 PM

Nice. I love that monster set personally.

#46 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2446 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain
  • Interests:Games: video, and TCGs. TV, and sleeping.

Posted 15 September 2016 - 04:47 PM

Great to see more things getting checked off

#47 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 15 September 2016 - 05:26 PM

ehh maybe i'm wrong, could try something like this tho

#48 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4575 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:14 PM

You already suggested something along those lines.

Honestly, I'm probably going to avoid doing that, simply because I don't find those decks at all fun to play. I know doing it the "normal" way will be harder, but whatever. Who knows, maybe I'll go an unconventional route and use Spirit Converter or something.

#49 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4575 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 22 September 2016 - 05:33 PM

And... Zushin the Sleeping Giant is done. Who'd have thought a deck that literally has no win condition would be so fun?

3 x Zushin the Sleeping Giant

1 x Shining Angel (Felt I might as well use this rather than Stygian Security since House Duston and White Duston are the only cards I'd want to search anyway. The fact this thing has ATK is also somewhat relevant.)

3 x House Duston

3 x White Duston

2 x Blue Duston

2 x Green Duston

2 x Red Duston

2 x Yellow Duston

1 x Starduston

1 x Dark Hole

3 x Magical Mallet

1 x One Day of Peace

1 x One for One

3 x Pot of Duality

2 x Twin Twisters

1 x Upstart Goblin

3 x Balance of Judgment

1 x Jar of Avarice

2 x Oasis of Dragon Souls

3 x Quaking Mirror Force

No Extra Deck. Kinda wish I had bothered including Rank 1's, there was like 1 game I could have done with them.

Side Deck was fairly irrelevant. I only used it in the final Duel, and it went to time anyway.

Lost 2-1 to Triamids. (Lost to deckout. Somehow won by deckout. Then lost by deckout again I believe. Got out Zushin the first two games. Dustons and Quaking Mirror Force locking down the field gives you a lot of time.)

Lost 2-0 to Zombie Synchro. (This was quick. I think it was my only match that didn't go to time.)

Lost 2-0 to Red Dragon Archfiend Synchrons. (Got out Zushin once the first game, had a Zushin Solemned first game, ended game 2 with 2 Zushins on the field, but lost in time. If I had more time, I'd have gotten the third out. He misplayed Game 1. He could have won by attacking into my Shining Angel, but he ran his 7000 ATK Calamity into my Zushin, lol.)

Lost to Graydle Kaiju 2-0. Kaijus kind of stop Zushin from existing. I think I did get it out at one point, though, thanks to Quaking, Dustons, and already having a Kaiju. This match went to time, unsurprisingly. Was pretty fun. The way Kaijus let you use your opponent's Kaiju counters creates some very fun interactions. The Gadarla and Gameciel I got put in work. :P

Edited by RiverShock, 22 September 2016 - 11:56 PM.

#50 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5487 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted 22 September 2016 - 08:03 PM

Dem Red Dragons can be brutal. Especially with Abyss and Tyrant.

#51 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4575 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 22 September 2016 - 11:53 PM

Actually, his deck was fairly bad, lol. (There's a reason I faced him after losing 2 matches in a row.) Honestly, aside from the Zombie Synchro deck and the deck I forgot about, and will now edit into that post (which was, ironically, actually Round 4, not Round 2), all my losses were due to deckout, not due to the opponent actually beating me. They didn't really have any ways over Zushin or many over Dustons, and Quaking put in work as well.

#52 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 23 September 2016 - 03:20 AM

a wincon wouldve helped at least maybe goblin king or something, or fiinal attack orders

#53 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4575 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 23 September 2016 - 03:28 AM

Winning wasn't the goal. And really, even if I ran burn cards or Goblin King, winning would hurt my chances of Summoning Zushin since I'd be facing better players. I originally meant to put in Final Countdown, but forgot. (Looking back, I'd definitely have opted to remove the third Balance of Judgment for it. Three was definitely too much considering the number of draw-pass turns both players can experience and the fact a lot of cards like Zushin and random Dustons can accumulate in-hand.

Note that how hard I try really depends on the deck. Some of these are going to suck regardless of how I build them. (My Gate Guardian deck, for instance, is a pretty good example of this.) Some are average, and I might try to win rather than pull off the thing my deck was designed for, especially if I've already done so. (VWXYZ and Fushioh Richie for instance.) And some (Machina Force, Nekroz of Sophia and the Leos, for instance) are pretty playable, and thus once I achieve my goal, I can feel free to play normally. ;p For decks in the first, and usually second, category, building to pull off the Summon/win condition I'm going for is the main goal. Consistency is more important than power. (And sometimes combo pieces prevent consistency. Refer, again, to my god-awful Gate Guardian deck.) The only times I tend to opt for power over consistency is with fairly easy ones (Valkyrion, for instance, will probably aim to be playable, and a few like Timaeus and Dark Sage. Though even then, I don't always care enough to put the effort in. My Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon sucked simply because I didn't bother to make it not suck, even though making a competent Blue-Eyes deck, even pre-SHVI, wouldn't have been that difficult.) There's also the fact that sometimes, the deck requires so many things that it will suck no matter what. You cannot make a good Spirit of the Pharaoh deck. It requires too many bad cards. Naturally, the ones like Vennominaga and Nekroz of Sophia that don't require a ton of specific combo pieces are a lot more flexible in this regard, and make for better decks.

Edited by RiverShock, 23 September 2016 - 03:40 AM.

#54 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5487 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted 23 September 2016 - 09:53 AM

Actually, his deck was fairly bad, lol. (There's a reason I faced him after losing 2 matches in a row.) Honestly, aside from the Zombie Synchro deck and the deck I forgot about, and will now edit into that post (which was, ironically, actually Round 4, not Round 2), all my losses were due to deckout, not due to the opponent actually beating me. They didn't really have any ways over Zushin or many over Dustons, and Quaking put in work as well.

Ah, so noted now that Synchron Red Dragon is bad though I wasnt going to ever use it anyways. Also, outside of tributing it what CAN get over Zushin? The bastard cant be affected by card effects besides its own and its always 1000 stronger. Only other thing I can think of is Wicked Avatar since its always 100 stronger than the strongest monster... or a well-timed damage boost.

#55 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4575 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 23 September 2016 - 02:15 PM

Stuff like Kaijus are basically the only way to deal with it once it's actually on the field. ATK boosting stuff won't work since there's only 1 chain in Damage Calculation where cards like Injection Fairy Lily or Bujingi Crane can be used, and Zushin will generally be Chain Link 1. (I guess the very few mandatory Trigger/Trigger-like cards like Moon Mirror Shield that boost ATK can work if you're the turn player.) It's pretty easy to stall Zushin out, though. It can't beat over anything in Defence Position that has at least 1000 more DEF than its ATK. (One of my games against Red Dragon Archfiend guy literally had me lose because he set a Speedroid Menko I couldn't do anything about, lol.)

#56 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 23 September 2016 - 02:16 PM

final atack orders at least couldve helped, switching everything into attack mode so zushin could deal damage

#57 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4575 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 23 September 2016 - 02:43 PM

Yeah, I know. I avoided using stuff like that, or mass removal beyond the 1 Dark Hole, because of the Duston part of my deck, which is a large, large part of why most of the games ended in deckout instead of me losing. Really, I'd have to have built my deck a fair bit differently if I actually wanted to win. I don't have enough attackers anyway. (In fact, Shining Angel's the only monster in the entire deck I can actually inflict damage with with a direct attack, lol.)

Keep in mind 10 counters is a lot. (Even with all 3 Zushin, it's usually going to take 4 turns, barring reusing them with Mallet or Monster Reincarnation or something.) Clogging their field was the most reliable way I had to buy enough time. (Plus I really wanted to use Dustons again. Those things are fun. :P Helps that White Duston just so happens to be a Level 1 Normal Monster.)

Edited by RiverShock, 23 September 2016 - 02:44 PM.

#58 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5487 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted 23 September 2016 - 06:24 PM

Would Stormforth work on it? It does enable tributing of an opponents monster like the Kaijus.

#59 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4575 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 24 September 2016 - 04:38 AM

Nope. It's an effect on the opponent's monsters, even though it doesn't pick a specific one, so Zushin's unaffected by it.

Your options are basically Kaijus (or similar cards like Santa Claws or Lava Golem), Moon Mirror Shield or The Winged Dragon of Ra - Sphere Mode. Or just prevent Zushin hitting the field, which is easier. (Either by dealing with the Normal Monster, or negating its Summon. Man, the God Cards have Summon negation prevention, why can't Zushin? Continuous negation up before Zushin is Summoned will also work. So you could activate Skill Drain in an earlier turn, and Zushin would be affected by it. Obviously if Zushin's already out, Skill Drain won't work.)

#60 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5487 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:39 AM

Okay, noted. And he'd be truly broken if he worked like the Legal Gods.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users