Photo
- - - - - 79 replies to this topic

My New Years' Resolution

This is going to be torture..

• Please log in to reply

#21 BryceHarperFan Oldies Grand Ultimate Super Poster 2965 posts 424.00 XCB

BryceHarperFan

Posted 17 March 2016 - 01:42 PM

Why is The Ultimate Nightmare in the hard to summon list? I can get out Ultimate Nightmare pretty easily (if I wanted to).

#22 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 17 March 2016 - 01:46 PM

i assume its more you need a deck built around it (but i agree not difficult to play)

#23 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4590 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 17 March 2016 - 10:23 PM

It requires a monster with Summoning conditions in order to be Summoned. Same reason Mirage Knight's on there, really. Yubel - The Ultimate Nightmare is probably one of the easier ones on the secondary list, however (though I'd consider Majestic Star/Red Dragon and Rainbow Dragon easier.) I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the secondary list either way. Unless I get bored and want to Summon Rainbow Dragon or Mirage Knight, I doubt I'll touch that list.

Edited by RiverShock, 17 March 2016 - 10:26 PM.

#24 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4590 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 24 March 2016 - 09:38 AM

So, I, uh... Somehow managed to pull off another thing for this list, with quite probably THE worst deck I have ever used in my life... I'm actually surprised I WON a match with it, let alone Summoned Gate Guardian... But I did... Somehow.

2 x Gate Guardian

2 x Sanga of the Thunder (amusingly, each of the pieces was from a different set. Sangas were LCJW, Suijins were DB1, and Kazejins were WGRT)

2 x Suijin

2 x Kazejin (the fact these three aren't searchable sucks, hard)

2 x Oafdragon Magician

3 x Dragonpit Magician

3 x Dragonpulse Magician

1 x Performapal Skullcrobat Joker

2 x Arsenal Summoner

1 x Wisdom-Eye Magician

2 x Timegazer Magician

1 x Trust Guardian (It's Arsenal Summonerable, and I have very easy access to Arcanite Magician with this deck for obvious reasons)

2 x Mystical Space Typhoon

3 x Pendulum Call

2 x Sacred Sword of Seven Stars

1 x Soul Charge

3 x Swords of Revealing Light

3 x Call of the Haunted

3 x Quaking Mirror Force (which I never activated all day, despite drawing it multiple times)

1 x Dark Strike Fighter

1 x Black Rose Dragon

1 x Arcanite Magician

1 x Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon

1 x Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon

1 x Mermail Abyssgaios (I have 5 Level 7 WATERs, so why not? Not that I ever used it.)

2 x Number 11: Big Eye

1 x Constellar Ptolemy M7

1 x Digvorzhak, King of Heavy Industry (Not usable at all, but I was just really happy to finally pull one, so I put it in. My Extra was only like 11 cards or something anyway, lol.)

1 x Number 106: Giant Hand

1 x Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer

1 x Wind-Up Zenmaister (Kinda accidentally left this in, was meant to be Norito, which I actually wanted to Summon at one point.)

1 x Daigusto Emeral

1 x Gagaga Cowboy

The lack of drawpower was the biggest issue. I didn't have a lot of space in that regard, so there weren't all that many options.

Lost 2-0 to Yang Zing. (Got OTKed twice. This entire match was maybe 5 minutes.)

Lost 2-0 to Zefra. (Closer than the previous match, but the removal provided by the Tellar Zefras tipped the balance in his favour)

Lost 2-0 Ghostricks. (Pretty close, but he eventually topdecked Raigeki to win game 1 like 20-30 minutes in. I forget how I lost game 2, though I know I started with both Gate Guardians and he Scared my Arcanite Magician at some point.)

Beat Gravekeepers 2-0. (Rather old-school Malefic build. He was a little too passive, and I don't think he was all that familiar with how to deal with Pendulums. Game 1 basically consisted of me slowly grinding him down with an Oafdragon Magician before eventually just Penduluming my entire hand for game. Game 2 is where I got Gate Guardian off. I stalled his Malefic Cyber End with a Timegazer for quite a while. He eventually Castel'd it, then I topdecked into Pendulum Call, lol. Eventually drew into all 3 pieces and Gate Guardian, Pendulum'd the 3, and Summoned Gate Guardian. Took a few turns to beat through his field since he had an ARK, then once I did he Raigeki'd my field. I think I Pendulumed a Sanga in the end to finish him off.)

#25 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4590 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 31 March 2016 - 09:47 AM

And I just ticked off what is probably the easiest hardest one on the list. Exodia the Forbidden One. (It's only ever been achieved twice, haven't you heard!?)

Considering tomorrow (technically today as I'm typing this) was April Fool's, I wanted to use something entirely non-serious. I eventually settled on Heart of the Underdog Exodia since I was too lazy to find the cards for something more elaborate.

3 x Igknight Cavalier

1 x Twin-Headed Fire Dragon (This deck wasn't meant to be serious in the first place, and it turned out I didn't have any more spare Master Pendulum/Flash Knight, so I had 2 free slots. These weren't entirely random, as Twin-Headed Fire Dragon is a Basiltrice material, and Guardian of the Labyrinth is a Number 86 material.)

3 x Igknight Gallant

3 x Igknight Margrave

3 x Igknight Veteran

1 x Master Pendulum, the Dracoslayer

2 x Flash Knight

3 x Igknight Templar

3 x Igknight Crusader

3 x Igknight Paladin

1 x Guardian of the Labyrinth (...I drew this way, way too much. I kid you not, I started with it in like five duels. Conversely, the only time I drew Twin-Headed Fire Dragon on a turn I didn't win, it actually helped.)

1 x Exodia the Forbidden One

1 x Left Arm of the Forbidden One

1 x Left Leg of the Forbidden One

1 x Right Arm of the Forbidden One

1 x Right Leg of the Forbidden One

3 x Igknight Squire

3 x Heart of the Underdog

3 x Reload

Extra Deck's kinda irrelevant, I didn't use it once. It had about what you'd expect, though, including Durendal, Dinoster, Basilitrice and Number 86. Forgot to include Emeral, though. But nobody I faced actually played Mind Crush, so yay. :P

Beat Chain Beat 2-0. Turns out this is a really good matchup for Heart of the Underdog Exodia since its attackers are so small. It's very easy to wall them with a handful of Pendulums. Game 1 he poked me a lot due to Dark Hole and Raigeki, but I eventually Exodia'd him. Game 2 went a lot quicker, and he never even played a monster. I also won this one with Exodia.

Beat Shaddolls 2-0. He drew really badly both games, especially game 2. Game 1 it took a while for me to win, but I eventually, won by Life Points, attacking him with Templar, Cavalier and Gallant. (One at a time as he dealt with them, lol.) Game 2, he got Exodia'd pretty quickly.

Lost to Igknights 2-0. Oh the irony, lol. He OTKed me turn 2 both games. (Though second game I'd have survived, and been in a pretty good position, if I had drawn Squire rather than Guardian of the Labyrinth. >.> He attacked it with Templar, which Squire would've survived, blocking a second attacker.) Funnily enough, I opened turn 1 Heart of the Underdog both games. Just didn't get a chance to use it.

Lost to Volcanic Kaiju 2-1. Only match that went to 3 games. Game 1 I drew badly and lost. Game 2, he drew badly, and I got Heart of the Underdog off pretty quickly. Game 3, he got double Twin Twisters, and OTKed me a couple of turns later. >.> I think that's what happened anyway. In the back of my mind, this game went a lot closer than that. But double Twin Twisters definitely happened in a game 2 or 3 in one of these matches, and I don't think it was against the Igknight guy.

#26 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2446 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain
  • Interests:Games: video, and TCGs. TV, and sleeping.

Posted 31 March 2016 - 11:15 AM

You know that build makes me wanna do that kind of exodia deck myself. Also made me realize that playing a pendulum counts as a spell so that magical library bs could work. ..

#27 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4590 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:15 AM

Yay laziness. I completed another one yesterday, and was too tired to post. And put it off all day today as well. >.>

I won with Vennominaga's win condition. This one was actually pretty fun. The deck wasn't god-awful like most of the others. (Barring the Machina Force one and maybe the Exodia one, surprisingly enough. I guess the Fushioh Richie deck could have been worse also.) The Kaijus made the deck a bit clunky, and are there solely because my goal was to win with Vennominaga's effect, not just win period. And, of course, it dead drew a fair bit. (Considering something like half my deck if you count the Kaiju stuff is bad topdecks, that's to be expected, but there's also a fair bit of thinning here.) Opening hands are pretty much always very shaky-looking, though, lol. But they surprisingly usually evened out.

2 x Radian, the Multidimensional Kaiju (I opted for Radian rather than Dogoran or Jizukiru since it only takes 6 Reptiles for Vennominon to beat over it, rather than 7 or 8, I guess Gadarla would have let me use Trade-In, but I didn't have space for it anyway.)

3 x Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju (this thing's negation effect backfired a LOT, to the point that I almost regretted including Waterfront. Also, you're a Turtle, man. Why are you not Reptile? A Reptile Kaiju would have been amazingly useful...)

2 x Vennominaga, the Deity of Poisonous Snakes

3 x Vennominon, the King of Poisonous Snakes

3 x Lion Alligator (purely a beatstick, was originally going to be Alien Shocktrooper, but these were easier for me to access, lol. It's better anyway, of course, but the Piercing doesn't work for Vennominaga, so it's kinda irrelevant.)

3 x Worm Xex

2 x Worm Cartaros

2 x Kagetokage

3 x Worm Yagan

1 x Sinister Serpent (I finally get to use this thing, been meaning to since it got errataed. And it was pretty useful.)

1 x Dark Hole (Better than Raigeki here since it can trigger Rise, plus I didn't want to have to pull a Raigeki out of another deck)

2 x Kyoutou Waterfront (Pretty much entirely deckthinning/minor consistency. I have no way of keeping a Gameciel out unless I Tribute Set it.)

3 x Snake Rain

1 x Damage = Reptile (I only drew this once, and I drew my last Vennominon before I got any use out of it.)

3 x Limit Reverse (Vennominon goes boom. I also used it surprisingly often to get back Yagan for quick Xyzs.)

3 x Offering to the Snake Deity

3 x Rise of the Snake Deity

1 x Torrential Tribute

1 x Gagagigo the Risen (I figured I wasn't going to use my Extra Deck much anyway, and the fact this thing's Reptile could be relevant. I don't think I ever had 3 face-up Level 4 monsters.)

1 x Number 104: Masquerade

1 x Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon

1 x Numvwe 39: Utopia (This thing's inclusion is actually slightly more than filler. It could potentially have let me prevent Vennominaga being attacked over. But this never came up.)

1 x Number 103: Ragnazero

3 x King of the Feral Imps (Deckthinning, and extra Reptile. The search itself isn't especially useful since there isn't really anything I specifically want in-hand, barring maybe Xex, which is only useful if I don't control a monster. I typically just searched Lion Alligator.)

2 x Photon Papilloperative (Gets monsters into Attack Position to Vennominaga over, but I never ended up using it.)

1 x Number 101: Silent Honor ARK (which got ARK'd itself the one time I used it.)

1 x Wind-Up Zenmaister (I have Yagan and, to a lesser extent, Cartaros, so why not?)

1 x Abyss Dweller

1 x Gagaga Cowboy

Beat Plant Princess 2-0. (Plant Princesses aren't exactly known for consistency. Game 1, she dead drew hard. Game 2 went a fair bit longer, but Yagan bouncing a Gigaplant swung the duel in my favour, and a couple of Gameciels let me get off a Vennominaga win.)

Lost to Speedroids 2-1. (He ran out of resources game 1. The other two were somewhat back and forth, but uneventful.)

Beat Buster Blader 2-1. (We both dead drew a ridiculous amount in this match. There was one point in game two where we literally just forfeited for like half a dozen turns straight. Game 1 was even sadder. He beat me down to something like 3000 LP with just a Wizard Buster Destruction Sword. I kid you not, neither of us drew anything useful in that time, and I eventually Gameciel'd it to get a Radian on board. But that didn't survive, and I lost game 1.)

Lost to Ritual Beasts 2-0. (These were over extremely quickly. I dead drew hard. My opening hand game 1 was something atrocious like 3 Rise, 2 Vennominaga, I kid you not.)

Ended up coming 5th out of something like 12-14 people. Not bad I guess.

#28 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4590 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:07 AM

*sigh* Been a while since I last posted here. Konami annoys me. I was originally going to do VWXYZ, but they screwed up the TCG text of Fusion Tag, which killed that plan. (In the OCG, it works on any Summon that uses Fusion Materials. In the TCG, it only works for Fusion Summons.) And then I failed to win with Gimmick Puppet of Leo a BUNCH. (Two or three tournaments, and a few fun games. That thing is a pain in the ass to win with. No Spells/Traps is a huge deal. You can't run anything non-chainable to protect it, basically limiting me to Forbidden Lance. >.>)

Sick of failing, I decided to try something else. Going for D.D. Jet Iron. Yeah... That also didn't work out that well. Used it in the tournament, lost 2-0 to Blue-Eyes, Raidraptors and Sylvans. Thankfully I had a fun game afterwards (and he didn't play all that seriously, though he didn't hand me the win, either), and FINALLY got it out. After him Rainbow Neosing my Graveyard at least twice. So I probably drew well over 40 cards that duel. >.>

Deck:

2 x D.D. Jet Iron

3 x D.D. Esper Star Sparrow

2 x Phoenix Beast Gairuda

2 x Ironhammer the Giant

2 x Beast-Warrior Puma

3 x Cardcar D

3 x Swift Scarecrow

1 x Dark Hole (Couldn't be bothered grabbing a Raigeki. But it literally makes almost no difference here, since I usually won't have any monsters on the field)

1 x Fire Formation - Tenki

1 x Foolish Burial

1 x Lighten the Load (really wish I had just used Card Trader honestly. It stayed on the field every single time, barring being Rainbow Neos'd once, and I was forced to shuffle in combo pieces to try and dig for draw cards more than once, while being stuck with MSTs, Bribes and the extra Gairuda I was just sitting on.)

1 x One Day of Peace

3 x Pot of Duality

1 x Soul Charge (Only time I drew it all day, I suicided with it. It's also kinda bad here since I have no way to get things into the Graveyard, barring Jet Iron and Foolish)

1 x Call of the Haunted

3 x Dark Bribe

3 x Mirror Force

1 x Oasis of Dragon Souls

3 x Reckless Greed

1 x Solemn Warning (was originally going to be Imperial Iron Wall, to wall with Star Sparrow, but I proxied it, and none of the decks I brought with me had IIW sided, so I had to grab a quick replacement. >.> The deck was originally 41 as well, so I cut the other proxy IIW entirely.)

No Extra Deck seeing as there's nothing I could realistically go into. I'm not going to have multiple Jet Iron, Puma or Gairuda on the field. I guess I could Soul Charge Swift Scarecrows into a Rank 1, lol.

Wish I could have fit in more draw honestly. Could've probably dropped the 3 Summon from Grave cards, but what would I even add? A single Upstart and... Then what? Card Traders or Mallet or something? Can't use Into the Void or Card of Demise since I need to sit on multiple cards in my hand.

I think I need to go for an easy one next time so I can feel good about myself. The amount of time it's taken to tick something off the list is kinda aggravating. Guess this basically locks Dark Sage in as the next one. One of the few easy but likely enjoyable ones left. Exodius and Final Countdown are also easy, but not all that fun. And I plan on saving Valkyrion for later on in the year. (And might be forced to do so with VWXYZ also, unless we get a Fusion Tag errata. I could do a Cyber Network build, but eh.)

#29 BryceHarperFan Oldies Grand Ultimate Super Poster 2965 posts 424.00 XCB

BryceHarperFan

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:05 AM

That's a cop out to do Valkyrion later in the year. The support for Valkyrion makes it WAY too easy to summon. Same applies to VWXYZ.

#30 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2446 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain

Posted 26 May 2016 - 11:16 AM

So it makes sense to wait. Got ya. Lol
I was thinking that you should wait till abc came out cause. ..yeah unions need help. Badly.
What else have you yet to do? I need to do something like this too since I'm sitting here with multiple decks and just feel bored.

#31 BryceHarperFan Oldies Grand Ultimate Super Poster 2965 posts 424.00 XCB

BryceHarperFan

Posted 26 May 2016 - 03:06 PM

But the point of this is to summon monsters that are "difficult" to summon. What is the point of doing it when it's extremely easy to do so now. For example, if Five Headed Dragon came out in LOB and all you had to use to summon it were cards from LOB that would be harder than if you were to attempt to summon Five Headed Dragon with current cards. That applies to Valkyrion and VWXYZ, there's nothing special about summoning a monster that's easy to summon due to loads of support. 

#32 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4590 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 26 May 2016 - 03:12 PM

Valkyrion is already one of the easiest entries on the list. I'm more waiting on the support as an excuse to use that, rather than to make it easier. Realistically, I could have waited for Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon and Dark Sage also, since they did/will be getting some related support, but spreading out my easier entries is a good idea. If I leave every pain in the ass thing to last, I'm going to have a bad time, like I currently have been, lol. (I'm starting to think Gimmick Puppet of Leo may be the hardest entry on this list. I wouldn't even be shocked at this point if Ghostrick Angel of Mischief is easier just because I can use backrow.)

I don't necessarily mind taking the easy way out for these (as my intent to use Fusion Tag probably shows). Like, there is no way in hell I'm actually Summoning Hamon, Raviel and Uria. I'll be using Phantom of Chaos/Prisma for Armityle. That being said, some methods (*cough*awildmonsterappears*cough*) are TOO easy, and those I will avoid. But there isn't much I put in that camp.

And warrain, my list in the first post is updated with strikethroughs on the things I've already done as I do them. So that's the list of what I have left. :P

#33 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2446 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:06 PM

Ah haven't looked back at the first page like at all. Well surprisingly i faced someone who made a jackpot 7 deck that worked pretty well. It used a dark scorpion and creature swap. As at try to hint. Yubel, we'll i have like 3 different versions for yubel decks myself. I'm attempting the ghostrick myself and honestly wanna won once with the gimmick puppet Cxyz one

#34 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4590 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 19 June 2016 - 01:50 PM

Yay procastination. I pulled off Dark Sage on THURSDAY, but didn't bother posting until now, lol. In fact, it's been long enough that I also pulled off something else yesterday... But that's for another post. :P Hmm... Not even sure I can remember half the games I played...

Beat Amorphages 2-0. (Yeah, I managed to win 2-0 pretty easily. I got out Dark Sage game 1, and sealed it with Dark Paladin a few turns later. Game 2, he just completely dead drew and I beat him down with whatever I had handy. Mostly Prismas I think.)

Lost to Burning Abyss 2-0 I think..

Lost to something I've forgotten.

Lost to Lightsworns 2-1. (These were surprisingly close games, in part because he couldn't manage to mill a Lightsworn. Across the entire match, he only milled a Lightsworn FOUR TIMES. He milled a Raiden with a Raiden game 1, which is also the game I won, Foolish Burialed a Wulf game 2, and... The staff of the store decided to let the guy proxy a Minerva. (They regretted that when he made top 4, lol. But they're pretty casual tournaments, so it's not that surprising. I think they just did it for the sake of it. :P) The other 2 times he milled a Lightsworn were each time I destroyed Minerva.

The deck:

2 x Dark Sage

3 x Dark Magician

1 x Dark Magician Girl

3 x Elemental HERO Prisma

3 x Cardcar D

3 x Time Wizard

1 x Dark Hole

2 x Dark Magic Attack

3 x The Eye of Timaeus

3 x A Hero Lives

1 x Mystical Space Typhoon

1 x One Day of Peace

3 x Pot of Duality

2 x Second Coin Toss

1 x Soul Charge

3 x Swing of Memories

3 x Call of the Haunted

2 x Magician's Circle (I kinda regret using this, though. It wasn't all that useful due to the lack of Spellcasters. Would have been a nice 1-of I guess, but 2 was definitely too much.)

3 x Amulet Dragon

3 x Dark Paladin

2 x Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight

1 x Thousand Dragon

2 x Dark Flare Knight

1 x Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack

1 x Number 101: Silent Honor ARK

Apparently I only have 14 cards in my Extra Deck. *shrug*

Side:

1 x Mirage Knight (No, I never Summoned it. I think I sided it in once, though.)

1 x Dark Hole

1 x Dark Magic Attack

1 x Dimensional Fissure

2 x Mistaken Arrest

2 x Spell Shattering Arrow

2 x Imperial Iron Wall

3 x Mirror Force

1 x Ring of Destruction

1 x Solemn Warning

Edited by RiverShock, 20 June 2016 - 07:21 PM.

#35 FattMatt Members Newish 35 posts 1.00 XCB

FattMatt

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:06 PM

You are missing 5 cards for me to copy, I mean, what?

#36 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4590 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:52 PM

Keep in mind that deck's far from perfect, especially if you're just going for a general Dark Magician deck. But take it if you want, lol. (Also note that the only reason I didn't have 3 Second Coin Toss, which would have been nice on multiple occasions, is because I couldn't find a third copy. >.>)

Anyway, enough procrastinating. Onto the one I pulled off on Sunday, Nekroz of Sophia. Holy crap this was fun. I really underestimated this deck. It's by no means a good deck, but it can certainly actually do things. (Unless you're facing Psyframes. >.>)

Lost to Psyframes 2-0. (I did nothing. The biggest play I made all match was Summoning Nekroz of Brionac, which got immediately Zeta'd, that says a lot.)

Lost to Kozmo 2-1. (This one I think was somewhat close. Pretty sure I got off Sophia at least once in this match. I believe I misplayed really hard game 2 and scooped turn 1... I know I did that at some point, and this match is the one that makes the most sense to me.)

Beat Odd-Eyes Magicians 2-1. (Definitely got off Sophia at least once, probably twice, this match. I also out-Pendulumed him pretty hard in the games I won, especially Game 1, where I turn 2 Twin Twistered his Pendulums, which he never really recovered from.)

Lost 2-1 (MIGHT have been 2-0...) to Amorphage. (Almost managed to make a comeback with Sophia, but didn't have quite enough damage, and he topdecked the scale he needed to OTK me back.)

Tied 1-1 with Monarchs. (Game 1 took 28 minutes. Facing Monarchs is hard with this deck. Valkyrus is my only answer to beating over Monarchs, and protecting him with Fireflux is difficult when I can't Pendulum Summon from my Extra Deck. I eventually closed out game 1 with Sophia. Game 2 I lost in time.)

The deck:

2 x Nekroz of Sophia

2 x Nekroz of Valkyrus (wish I had access to 3, but I did not. I don't own ANY of these, actually, I borrowed them off my brother. Same with Brionac.)

1 x Nekroz of Brionac

1 x Nekroz of Unicore

2 x Nekroz of Clausolas

1 x Performapal Monkeyboard

1 x Performapal Skullcrobat Joker

2 x Performapal Pendulum Sorcerer (obv. didn't have 3 >.>)

2 x Performapal Fireflux (wish I had run 3, this thing is amazing)

3 x Performapal Lizardraw

2 x Performapal Camelump

1 x Performapal Parrotrio (purely for being a differently Typed low-scale Level 3, obviously I can't even use its effect. I think I used its Pendulum effect once, though.)

1 x Performapal Swincobra

1 x Luster Pendulum, the Dracoslayer

1 x Dragoons of Draconia (again, type diversity, though this was probably ultimately unnecessary. I think I underestimated this deck's searching power.)

1 x Steel Cavalry of Dinon (Was going to run Samurai Cavalry, but I figured the extra Defence made it more likely to actually survive. I don't think I ever actually Summoned this thing anyway. Only time I remember drawing it was against Amorphages, where it's obviously kinda useless.)

2 x Zefrasaber, Swordmaster of the Nekroz (It's a Pendulum, and one of the three cards that can Summon Sophia. The fact it's not a Spell came in handy against Amorphages.)

2 x Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands

1 x Archfiend Eccentrick

1 x Nekroz Kaleidoscope (I was originally going to run 3 as my primary Ritual Spell... But then I realized I can't actually Summon Sophia with it since I can only Tribute a single monster, lol. Still came in handy a lot, though.)

2 x Nekroz Cycle

1 x Preparation of Rites

1 x Reinforcement of the Army (I misassumed Zefrasaber was Warrior. I probably shouldn't have run this given Clausolas is my only target.)

1 x Twin Twisters (I really should have fit in more than 1. >.>)

2 x Dark Bribe

1 x Performapal Call (I only managed to get this off once, against Amorphage)

2 x Threatening Roar (REALLY should have been 3. >.>)

Extra Deck (which sucks really, really badly. Why I didn't bother putting in a Dark Rebellion is beyond me): 

3 x Dinoster Power, the Mighty Dracoslayer (funnily enough, I never Summoned it)

1 x Ignister Prominence, the Blasting Dracoslayer

1 x King of the Feral Imps

2 x Majester Paladin, the Ascending Dracoslayer

1 x Abyss Dweller

1 x Gagaga Cowboy

1 x T.G. Halberd Cannon

1 x Infernoid Tierra

1 x Elemental HERO Chaos Neos

1 x Kwagar Hercules

1 x Herald of the Arc Light

1 x Turbo Cannon

#37 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4590 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:09 AM

Hah, this was fun. I ticked TWO off the list tonight. :D Exodius and Jackpot 7.

3 x Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lord

1 x Exodia the Forbidden One

1 x Left Arm of the Forbidden One

1 x Left Leg of the Forbidden One

1 x Right Arm of the Forbidden One

1 x Right Leg of the Forbidden One

1 x Stygian Security (I only own 1, I also didn't draw it once)

3 x House Duston

3 x White Duston

1 x Blue Duston

1 x Green Duston

1 x Red Duston

1 x Yellow Duston

1 x Starduston

3 x Diffusion Wave-Motion

1 x One Day of Peace

1 x One for One

3 x Pot of Duality

2 x Spellbook of Wisdom

3 x Where Arf Thou?

3 x Quaking Mirror Force

2 x Ojama Trio (only drew this once)

Extra:

1 x Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Gustav Max

1 x Skypalace Gangaridi

1 x Downerd Magician

1 x Ghostrick Dullahan

1 x Baby Tiragon

2 x Number 13: Embodiment of Crime

2 x Number 31: Embodiment of Punishment

1 x Number 39: Utopia Roots

2 x Slacker Magician (incidentally, the only monster I ever used from my Extra Deck)

1 x Number 54: Lion Heart

1 x Number 63: Shamoji Soldier

1 x Number F0: Utopic Future

Side Deck:

3 x Dark Scorpion Burglars

2 x Creature Swap

3 x Hippo Carnival

3 x Jackpot 7

1 x Reinforcement of the Army

3 x Give and Take

I figured I'd probably only need one or two duels for Jackpot 7, hence why I decided to tackle 2 at once. I was right, I did it the first and only time I sided it in. Dustons pretty effectively slow the game down, and provide things for Exodius to destroy. It's also funny how much of a threat House Duston is. :P

Beat Magicians 2-0. (Exodius'd round 1 after Dustoning his field. Jackpot 7'd him game 2 after he dead draw pretty badly and I Quakinged most of his field. Admittedly, I got really good opening hands both times, especially game 1.)

Lost to Mermails 2-1. (Game 1 was somewhat back and forth. Game 2, I Quakinged him very early on, locking down most of his field, eventually resulting in him losing to Exodius. Game 3 I lost quickly.)

Lost to Morphtronics 2-0. (I dead drew pretty badly. Although, I could have won Game 2 if I had any Normal Summonable monster other than Exodia in my hand. My hand was Exodius, Diffusion Wave-Motion and Exodia, with a Give and Take I sided in Set. He had 4 monsters. Unfortunately I had no way of using Give and Take, since it requires I have a face-up monster, and also send all 5 pieces. Was forced to just go for 3 pieces and a Give and Take'd White Duston to try and sit on a 4k Exodius. Of course, that didn't survive his turn.. :P)

Lost to HERO Dino Rabbit 2-0. (He ran Kaijus also. That plus Laggia stopped me from doing anything for the most part.)

Wish I had used Dustons before now. Damn they're fun.

Edited by RiverShock, 30 June 2016 - 08:13 AM.

#38 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4590 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:44 AM

...Spirit of the Pharaoh complete. Somehow. This deck is so, so bad. Most of my matches were 0-2 losses where I just set Normal Monsters until I lost, lol.

2 x Spirit of the Pharaoh

3 x Clown Zombie

3 x Pharaonic Protector

3 x Pharaoh's Servant

3 x Skull Servant

1 x Foolish Burial

1 x Hand Destruction (This was going to be a second Mirror Force, but I couldn't be bothered digging one out)

3 x Magical Mallet

1 x One Day of Peace

3 x Pot of Duality

2 x The Second Sarcophagus

2 x The Third Sarcophagus

3 x Tri-Wight

3 x Dark Bribe

3 x The First Sarcophagus

3 x The League of Uniform Nomenclature

1 x Mirror Force

1 x Downerd Magician

1 x Number F0: Utopic Future

2 x Sky Cavalry Centaurea

1 x Daigusto Phoenix

1 x Number 65: Djinn Buster

1 x Gachi Gachi Gantetsu

1 x Cat Shark

1 x Armored Kappa

1 x Number 96: Dark Mist

1 x Number 13: Embodiment of Crime

1 x Number 31: Embodiment of Punishment

1 x Number 39: Utopia Roots

1 x Slacker Magician

1 x Number 54: Lion Heart

Lost 0-2 to Batterymen. (Didn't do anything, lol.)

Lost 0-2 to Blue-Eyes. (Game 1 I actually put up a decent fight with Centaurea. I think it was like 2500 to 2900 or something before I lost. Game 2 he won in 2 turns. Hand Destructioning a White Stone of the Ancients turn 1 didn't help.)

Lost 0-2 to Odd-Eyes Magician. (Again, did nothing. Actually, I think I got Spirit of the Pharaoh out in this match. It just didn't do anything.)

Won 2-0 against Normal Pendulum. (Surprisingly not the worst deck ever. But he didn't draw amazingly, and I won game 1 mostly with a Gantetsu-boosted Spirit of the Pharaoh. Game 2 was Rank 2 beatdown in general, mostly Centaurea and Daigusto Phoenix. Drew into a lot of my Tri-Wights.)

#39 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4590 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:07 PM

Procrastination strikes again. I (rather uneventfully) ticked off both the Gimmick Puppets on Saturday. Fun games against a pretty bad deck, but hey, I did it. Lol.

Deck list:

1 x Machina Fortress

1 x Gimmick Puppet Shadow Feeler

3 x Gimmick Puppet Magnet Doll

3 x Machina Cannon

3 x Gearspring Spirit

3 x Gimmick Puppet Dreary Doll

3 x Machina Gearframe

2 x Gimmick Puppet Scissor Arms

2 x Gimmick Puppet Gear Changer

1 x Dark Eruption

1 x Foolish Burial

2 x Forbidden Lance

2 x Inferno Reckless Summon

3 x Junk Puppet

1 x Limiter Removal

1 x Puppet Ritual

1 x Raigeki

1 x Rank-Up-Magic Argent Chaos Force

1 x Rank-Up-Magic Numeron Force

3 x Trade-In

1 x Mirror Force

2 x Number C88: Gimmick Puppet Disaster Leo

2 x Number C40: Gimmick Puppet of Dark Strings

2 x Number 88: Gimmick Puppet of Leo

1 x Googly-Eyes Drum Dragon

3 x Number 40: Gimmick Puppet of Strings

2 x Number 15: Gimmick Puppet Giant Grinder

2 x Aegaion the Sea Castrum

1 x Gear Gigant X

Not much to say. Machine Extra Deck due to Gearspring Spirit. No backrow due to Leo. (Yeah, I could've done more chainable stuff like MST and Lance, but eh.)

#40 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4590 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 05 September 2016 - 03:59 AM

Don't worry, guys! I haven't given up on this. Been trying for these a little less lately since I need to wait on upcoming releases for several, and don't look forward to Ghostrick Angel of Mischief. In the meantime, I've failed a new addition to the list (Zushin), and been trying, and failing, to borrow an Armityle from someone. On Sunday, however, I did manage to tick one thing off the list, despite a very unusually low turnout. (Sundays are almost never below 30, this one was 15. >.>) LARVAE MOTH. (Unfortunately, not the other two, so I'll have to use this deck again at some point. That being said, it was a lot more fun than I thought it would be.)

Deck list:

1 x Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth

2 x Doom Dozer (my "win condition", lol)

1 x Great Moth

2 x Retaliating "C"

3 x Howling Insect

1 x Resonance Insect

1 x Larvae Moth

3 x Petit Moth

3 x Cocoon of Evolution

3 x Block Spider

2 x Heart of Clear Water

2 x Messenger of Peace

1 x One for One

3 x Pot of Duality

1 x Soul Charge

1 x Swords of Revealing Light

2 x Verdant Sanctuary

3 x Dark Bribe

3 x Quaking Mirror Force

Extra Deck:

1 x Princess Cologne (it can kinda search Petit Moth... Kinda... It's only here because I didn't have a 15th card to continue the theme of the others.)

1 x Elemental HERO Electrum

1 x Elemental HERO Marine Neos

1 x Elemental HERO Wildedge

1 x Elemental HERO Aqua Neos

1 x Elemental HERO Flare Neos

1 x Elemental HERO Glow Neos

1 x Masked HERO Goka

1 x Elemental HERO Thunder Giant

1 x Elemental HERO Flame Wingman

1 x Elemental HERO Phoenix Enforcer

1 x Elemental HERO Rampart Blaster

1 x Elemental HERO Mudballman

1 x Elemental HERO Steam Healer

1 x Evil HERO Dark Gaia

Rare HERO Extra Deck FTW! (The only thing I ever even kinda wished I had in my Extra Deck was a Rank 8 anyway. It's not like I want to use my Howling Insects, Block Spiders and Retaliating "C" as Xyz Material. Did briefly consider siding Ghost Reaper and Extra Decking relevant things, but that would have taken too long, and I don't own any Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon anyway, so meh.)

"relevant" Side Deck cards (I put basically zero effort into these, I literally built it 5 minutes before I left)

3 x Gadarla the Mystery Dust Kaiju (It's a Kaiju smaller than Doom Dozer, and Insect was kinda fitting. Obviously Kumongous would be better, though I'd run that over Gameciel due to Gameciel's DEF.)

3 x Exchange (I knew there would be at least 1 Exodia player there, and I was right. This, aside from maybe D.D. Designator, is one of the hardest things for them to deal with.)

1 x Retaliating "C"

Lost to Igknight/Metalfoe 0-2. (This match was actually really fun. I stalled the CRAP out of him. He also locked himself out of the Extra Deck a couple of times with Throes, which was kinda fun. Did eventually lose, of course, but it took a long time for me to do so. Would have potentially been winnable if I ran any monster negation, surprisingly.)

Lost to HERO 0-2. (Masked HERO Acid is a card. It blows my backrow up. I lost in like 5 minutes.)

Lost to... Slifer/Exodia/Final Countdown/Stall Burn. (Actually not anywhere near as terrible as it sounds, though it's not GOOD either. This is where I got out Larvae Moth. Unfortunately, this matchup was more difficult than I expected it would be. Lost to Exodia first game, though that's the one that I got out Larvae Moth in. Game 2, I lost to Final Countdown after nearly losing to Lava Golem. Lava Golem and Final Countdown are what made this matchup hard. I sided in Exchange and Gadarla here, and they put in work. Managed to Exchange an Exodia piece for a Doom Dozer on my second turn, which was great. I Gadarla'd a Slifer, and Tribute Summoned Gadarla to get rid of Lava Golem at one point, which is actually why I sided it in.)

I probably won't change this deck too much for when I go for Great/PUGM, though Larvae Moth will be replaced with the third Retaliating "C". I kinda want to fit in some monster effect negation also. (Probably Skill Drain, which I realized doesn't actually affect me at all, and like Divine Wrath or Veiler or Fiendish. Would totally do Fog Blade if it worked on Normal Monsters. >.>)

Edited by RiverShock, 05 September 2016 - 04:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users