Photo
- - - - - 79 replies to this topic

My New Years' Resolution

This is going to be torture..

• Please log in to reply

#1 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4563 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:13 AM

First off, Happy New Year! (Yes, I am fully aware it's still 2015 in most of the world.)

So, this year I plan on trying to do something insane. I want to win with every alternate win condition (at least in the TCG, and possibly excluding a certain 2), and Summon all of the toughest monsters (in the TCG) to Summon. Who knows if I'll actually accomplish anything, but SOME of these will be fun. (eBaying Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth just for this, however, is not. >.>)

Primary targets (if I don't hit any of these, I have failed :P):

Alt. wins:

Destiny Board (Achieved 1/12/2016)

Exodia the Forbidden One (Achieved 31/03/2016)

Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lord (Achieved 30/06/2016)

Final Countdown (Achieved 8/12/2016)

Ghostrick Angel of Mischief (Achieved 17/111/2016)

Jackpot 7 (Achieved 30/06/2016)

Number 88: Gimmick Puppet of Leo (Achieved 09/07/2016)

Number C88: Gimmick Puppet Disaster Leo (Achieved 09/07/2016)

Vennominaga the Deity of Poisonous Snakes (Achieved 15/04/2016)

Hard to Summon guys:

Armityle the Chaos Phantom (Summoned 6/11/2016)

A-to-Z Dragon Buster Cannon (Summoned 13/11/2016)

Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon (Summoned 06/03/2016)

Dark Sage (Summoned 16/06/2016)

D.D. Jet Iron (Summoned 26/05/2016)

Flying Fortress SKY FIRE (Summoned 17/03/2016)

Fushioh Richie (Summoned 07/02/2016)

Gate Guardian (Summoned 24/03/2016)

Great Moth (Summoned 11/09/2016)

Larvae Moth (Summoned 04/09/2016)

Machina Force (Summoned 21/01/2016)

Nekroz of Sophia (Summoned, and pulled off its effect, 19/06/2016)

Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth (Summoned 11/09/2016)

Sophia, Goddess of Rebirth (Summoned 02/10/2016)

Spirit of the Pharaoh (Summoned 07/07/2016)

Timaeus the Knight of Destiny (Summoned 03/03/2016)

Valkyrion the Magna Warrior (Summoned 27/10/2016)

VWXYZ-Dragon Catapult Cannon (Summoned 15/09/2016)

Zushin the Sleeping Giant (Summoned 22/09/2016)

Secondary goals (I don't care as much about these, and will probably only do them if I somehow find myself having completed my goals quickly):

Alt. wins:

Last Turn

Relay Soul (lol)

Victory Dragon

Hard to Summon guys:

Exodia Necross

Majestic Red Dragon

Majestic Star Dragon

Mirage Knight

Princess Curran

Princess Pikeru

Rainbow Dragon

Theinen the Great Sphinx

Water Dragon

Yubel - The Ultimate Nightmare

I think I got all the relevant ones, but let me know if I missed one you think should be here. Note I'm not counting OCG ones (hence no Horakhty), and my definition of "hard" is reasonably strict. (I don't consider a card like Berserk Dragon or Shooting Quasar Dragon hard.) I'll try not to cheat with A Wild Monster Appears!, but I'll probably use it for Larvae Moth and Great Moth.

Edited by RiverShock, 16 December 2016 - 09:33 AM.

#2 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion
  • Interests:Just let me sleep.

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:43 AM

Go for it!

I would suggest you to add some "hard to activate" cards like Huge Revolution and Elemental Burst.

#3 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4563 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:55 AM

Hmm, yeah, perhaps. I was considering it in the first place, but this post was fairly rushed. Though, that being said, it's going to be a pain to even get this done. But there also aren't all that many S/Ts that qualify. It's basically Huge Revolution, Elemental Burst, Final Inzektion, Mega Ton Magical Cannon, Lucky Punch (successful result)and BIG Win!? (successful result) that I can think of off-hand.

#4 BryceHarperFan Oldies Grand Ultimate Super Poster 2965 posts 424.00 XCB

BryceHarperFan

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:54 PM

Exodia Necross and Valkyrion aren't THAT hard to summon, if you really wanted to (especially since Valkyrion can tribute them from the hand). Why not Wall Shadow? He needs to be summoned FROM THE DECK. So if you draw him and have Labyrinth Wall and Magical Labyrinth in play, you'll need to send him back into the deck first lol.

Good luck with Destiny Board. In this day and age where there are so many ways to kill the backrow, it just might be impossible. 

#5 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4563 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:58 PM

Necross is in the secondary list for a reason. (Though I'd consider it harder than Rainbow Dragon. You need 2 specific cards that aren't searchable yet, AND 5 specific Limited cards in the Graveyard.) Valkyrion (as well as Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon and Dark Sage, really) are easier than the rest. But they're classic examples of these kind of monsters, so I felt their inclusion mandatory. Besides, I need some stuff to break up the nightmares of cards like Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth or Fushioh Richie.

Edited by RiverShock, 31 December 2015 - 11:59 PM.

#6 BryceHarperFan Oldies Grand Ultimate Super Poster 2965 posts 424.00 XCB

BryceHarperFan

Posted 01 January 2016 - 12:07 AM

Necross is in the secondary list for a reason. (Though I'd consider it harder than Rainbow Dragon. You need 2 specific cards that aren't searchable yet, AND 5 specific Limited cards in the Graveyard.) Valkyrion (as well as Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon and Dark Sage, really) are easier than the rest. But they're classic examples of these kind of monsters, so I felt their inclusion mandatory. Besides, I need some stuff to break up the nightmares of cards like Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth or Fushioh Richie.

What about Wall Shadow? That was in MRL and it should be easy to find as it was reprinted recently. It also appeared in the anime before Dark Sage or the Shining Dragon.

#7 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4563 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 01 January 2016 - 12:13 AM

Wall Shadow's too easy. It only requires 2 cards, and both are extremely searchable. It's probably about as easy as the average Ritual Monster really. As a rule, I mostly excluded cards that only required a 2-card combo. While Fushioh Richie only requires 1, it still manages to be more difficult than half the other entries. Same holds true for the handful of 2-card ones in the secondary list, like Princess Pikeru or Mirage Knight. They're more involved than simply playing 2 cards.

#8 BryceHarperFan Oldies Grand Ultimate Super Poster 2965 posts 424.00 XCB

BryceHarperFan

Posted 01 January 2016 - 12:19 AM

Wall Shadow's too easy. It only requires 2 cards, and both are extremely searchable. It's probably about as easy as the average Ritual Monster really. As a rule, I mostly excluded cards that only required a 2-card combo. While Fushioh Richie only requires 1, it still manages to be more difficult than half the other entries. Same holds true for the handful of 2-card ones in the secondary list, like Princess Pikeru or Mirage Knight. They're more involved than simply playing 2 cards.

You missed the point that Wall Shadow can only be summoned from the deck. So yeah, you can search Labyrinth Wall and Magical Labyrinth, but what if you get them and Shadow is in your hand or Graveyard?

#9 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4563 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 01 January 2016 - 12:22 AM

For one, I'd likely run more than 1. Secondly, putting things back INTO the deck is easy. I could (and most likely would) run things like Multiple Destruction or Magical Mallet. And third, given how searchable these particular combo pieces are, odds are pretty high I get Labyrinth and Labyrinth Wall first.

Having to be in the Deck is significantly easier than having to be in the hand, and even slightly easier than having to be in the GRAVEYARD.

#10 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:00 AM

Ooh what about Water Dragon?

#11 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4563 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:52 AM

Hmm, Water Dragon... I guess I'll shove it onto my secondary list. I mean, it takes 4 cards, so it's not THAT easy, but the monsters are very searchable (Hydrogeddon even searches other copies of itself), and you can hit Bonding H20 with Diamond Dude.

In more important news... Finally accomplished one of these goals. Summoned Machina Force. (Was against a Morphtronic Quasar deck, he Duped Celfon, and then proceeded to hit Staplen and Vaccuumen with them, thus locking his field, so I had the time to just Normal Summon everything.)

Deck was as follows, if anyone cares:

2 x Machina Force

1 x Machina Megaform (couldn't find my third Force >.> To be fair, this is probably slightly more useful, but not by much.)

3 x Machina Fortress

3 x Machina Sniper

3 x Machina Gearframe

3 x Machina Soldier

3 x Machina Defender

2 x Commander Covington

1 x Geargiauger (couldn't find my third Covington, either, but this was easily more useful, so it worked out for the best)

3 x Iron Call (which did absolutely nothing all day)

1 x Limiter Removal

2 x Machina Armored Unit

3 x Pot of Duality

1 x Soul Charge

3 x Swords of Revealing Light

3 x Call of the Haunted

2 x Quaking Mirror Force

1 x Mirror Force (would have definitely been a third Quaking if I had it, and if it had been, it would have saved my ass against Morphtronic Quasar guy)

Cards from my half-assed Extra Deck that I actually used:

1 x Number 11: Big Eye

3 x Gear Gigant X

2 x Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer

1 x Wind-Up Zenmaister

In case anyone was wondering, I used it at my locals. (They hold a, usually pretty small "casual" <"fun decks", though considering most of the players that come are rather good, this usually ends up just being things like Infernoid or Psy-Frames that are good, but not "top tier">, on Thursday nights, which I only occasionally go to. The Sunday ones are much larger.)

R1: Lost 2-1 to Star Seraphs.

R2: Beat Watts... 2-0 or 2-1, I forget.

R3: Lost to Morphtronic Quasar 2-0 I think.

R4: Lost to Shiranui 2-1.

Came second-last out of 14 people. Yay! To be fair, the deck actually worked surprisingly well. Only time I lost due to dead draws was the last game against Shiranui. Most of the others were close. Aside from Morphtronic Quasar, which just wrecked me as soon as it achieved Quasar. (He Turn 1'd it, going second, game 1. >.>)

Edited by RiverShock, 21 January 2016 - 07:52 AM.

#12 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:28 AM

Nice! I remember getting SDMM and being like... "Wow, this sucks". Well, the Dimensional Prison and Solidarity were nice...

If you don't know who to go for next, I think Blue-Eyes Shining would be pretty damn sweet.

#13 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4563 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:32 AM

I'm leaning towards VWXYZ, but we'll see. I won't be using all of these at my locals, either, some of the less interesting/really bad ones I'll probably just grind out with my brother at some point, like Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth, Jackpot 7 and Spirit of the Pharaoh.

#14 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4563 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 07 February 2016 - 03:59 AM

And... I decided against VWXYZ. (Mainly because it's going to be significantly easier when the next set drops.)

Was in a Zombie mood, so I went for Fushioh Richie. The deck is ass, but I did better than expected, and Summoned Fushioh Richie twice, kinda 3 times.

The deck (warning, it's very, very half-assed...):

2 x Fushioh Richie

1 x Red-Eyes Zombie Dragon (I wanted one big monster, and since I was using Zombie World, I opted for this over Goku En/Ryo Kokki/Endless Decay)

2 x Great Dezard

1 x Paladin of the Cursed Dragon

3 x Zombie Master

3 x Mezuki

1 x Bone Crusher

3 x Uni-Zombie

3 x Pyramid Turtle

1 x Goblin Zombie (was a last-minute thought, and couldn't find space for any more, though I feel like only running 1 worked well)

1 x Shiranui Spectralsword

1 x Plaguespreader Zombie

1 x Sinister Serpent (did absolutely nothing all day, though I also didn't lose due to topdecking it, that was Great Dezard's job >.> Was here for Zombie Master.)

1 x Spirit Reaper

2 x Book of Life (I was running 3, but I swapped one out last minute for a Call of the Haunted, primarily due to Great Dezard, though Pendulum decks are a thing, too)

1 x Burial from a Different Dimension

1 x Dark Hole

1 x Foolish Burial

1 x Instant Fusion

2 x Moon Mirror Shield

1 x Shrink

1 x Terraforming

2 x A Wild Monster Appears!

3 x Zombie World

1 x Call of the Haunted

1 x Mirror Wall (I somehow never drew this all day. o.o)

Extra Deck (strikethroughs are cards I never used):

1 x Elder Entity Norden

1 x Gem-Knight Pearl

1 x Number 66: Master Key Beetle

1 x Number 103: Ragnazero

1 x Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer

1 x Gagaga Samurai

1 x Hot Red Dragon Archfiend

1 x Psy-Frame Lord Omega

1 x Odd-Eyes Meteorburst Dragon

1 x Black Rose Dragon (MVP of the day for sure)

1 x Goyo Guardian

1 x Archfiend Zombie-Skull

1 x Revived King Ha Des

1 x Celestial Wolf Lord, Blue Sirius

1 x Armades, Keeper of Boundaries

I also meant to include Shiranui Samuraisaga, but I ended up forgetting. >.>

Relevant side deck:

3 x Creature Swap

2 x Twin Twisters

Also sided in 2 Psi-Blocker once, but never drew them.

The record:

Beat Igknights 2-0. (I think, maybe it was 2-1. If it was, he OTKed me once.) (Black Rosed his everything twice. Also technically the first match I summoned Fushioh Richie in, though only with A Wild Monster Appears!, which happened to be the ONLY time I used it all day.)

Lost to Performage/Performapal 2-0. (As if I was going to win this, lol.)

Lost to Magicians 2-0. (Annoying since the guy I was facing wasn't all that good.)

Beat Bujins 3-0. (Had a fun game afterwards. Zombie World basically single-handedly won each duel. Also got out Fushioh Richie properly, with Great Dezard, like turn 3 game 1. Game 2, I also got it out, but it took a lot longer, and he Dark Holed it. Also, I ended up taking like 7 of his monsters throughout the course of... Either the second or third game with Paladin of the Cursed Dragon. (I used some as Xyz Materials to take as many as I could.))

Lost to Dinomist 2-1. (Close match, basically came down to him topdecking Dinomist Charge after I Black Rose Dragoned his field.)

So overall went 2-3, coming something like 22nd out of... 35 people? Sounds right.

Also, in case anyone cares, I added another monster that I missed to the main list. (Flying Fortress SKY FIRE.)

Edited by RiverShock, 07 February 2016 - 04:03 AM.

#15 BryceHarperFan Oldies Grand Ultimate Super Poster 2965 posts 424.00 XCB

BryceHarperFan

Posted 07 February 2016 - 05:55 PM

Please... bring out Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth in a professional setting. That will make me cry :'(

(Although, I've always wondered about the wording, do you have to bring it out on the 6th turn after being equipped with Cocoon? If you miss a turn, can you not bring it out?)

#16 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4563 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:52 PM

Yeah... That's not happening. For me to use it in a tournament, it needs to be something I can either win with at least once or twice (while I don't care about the result of a tournament, getting destroyed 5 times in a row is not fun for anyone), or something I can basically guarantee will work at least once (so using it in a tournament isn't a waste of time.) Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth is neither. It's by FAR the hardest thing on this list to Summon, and the required cards take up a TON of space, limiting what I can include to make the deck able to actually win games. (Which I suspect will basically be restricted to a couple of Doom Dozers.) The fact I also need to get off Larvae Moth and Great Moth makes it even bigger of an issue. There is no way I get out all 3 against anyone competent within 5 matches.

There's few on here like that, but PUGM/GM/LM are amongst them. (Though I don't look forward to trying to win with Ghostrick Angel of Mischief's win condition. The deck itself will probably run fine, though.)

#17 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:56 AM

river for ghostrick spoiled angel

#18 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4563 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:08 AM

And I summoned Timaeus, the Knight of Destiny... Admittedly one of the easier ones, and I had the deck already. I mainly went to my locals to try and trade for some Beacons of White, and didn't manage to. >.>

2 x Lightray Gearfried (Level 8 for Trade-In, potential Warrior for Legend of Heart, and a solid card in its own right that I can potentially sit on)

1 x Legendary Knight Critias

1 x Legendary Knight Hermos

1 x Legendary Knight Timaeus

2 x Jain, Lightsworn Paladin

3 x Raiden, Lightsworn Assailant

2 x Ehren, Lightsworn Monk

2 x Lumina, Lightsworn Sorceress

1 x Honest

1 x Kuribandit

2 x Charge of the Light Brigade

2 x The Claw of Hermos

2 x The Eye of Timaeus (sucks that this thing's unusable, but I found it much too hard to get into the Graveyard at 1 since I'm not running Magical Hats)

3 x The Fang of Critias

3 x Legend of Heart

1 x Mystical Space Typhoon (I cut one last minute for the second Ehren. Wish I hadn't, but I couldn't find anything else to cut.)

1 x One Day of Peace

2 x Pot of Duality

1 x Reinforcement of the Army

3 x Solar Recharge

3 x Trade-In

3 x Mirror Force

Extra Deck (though the only things I ever used were Mirror Force Dragon, Rocket Hermos Cannon, Timaeus and Omega):

2 x Mirror Force Dragon

1 x Goddess Bow

1 x Rocket Hermos Cannon

1 x Time Magic Hammer

2 x Timaeus, the Knight of Destiny

1 x PSY-Framelord Omega

1 x PSY-Framelord Zeta

1 x Black Rose Moonlight Dragon (really should be a Black Rose Dragon, but eh)

1 x Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon

1 x Number 103: Ragnazero

1 x Heroic Champion - Excalibur

1 x Bujintei Tsukuyomi

Lost 2-1? (might have been 2-0) to Ancient Gears.

Lost 2-0 to Toons. (Game 1, I ended up scooping on like turn 2 or 3 after milling all 3 Legend of Heart and both Lightray Gearfried.)

Beat Magicians 2-0. (Game 1 he dead drew pretty badly, and I ended up with Mirror Force Dragon and Timaeus on the field. Game 2, Mirror Force Dragon basically single-handedly won me the game since he didn't really have any outs. Funny thing is, he screwed up and played 2 low-scales at one point, and had to Dragonpulse my Mirror Force Dragon to get out of it.)

Lost 2-0 to Gladiator Beasts.

#19 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4563 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:54 AM

And churned out another easy one, Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon. I bricked with this deck a LOT. I knew it wasn't going to be at all consistent, but I feel like I bricked a little more than I should have. I ended up with early-game 5-card unusable hands more than once.

3 x Blue-Eyes White Dragon

1 x Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon

2 x Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon (I probably only needed 1, but Beacon mandates more Blue-Eyes monsters, and this at least mostly guarantees I have a target for the third Toon Table, and the idea is, the second one, if I didn't already draw it, will get Dragon Shrined or Melody'd to my hand anyway.)

1 x Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon

2 x Alexandrite Dragon

2 x Bright Star Dragon (I got this off with Maiden a total of 1 time...)

1 x The White Stone of Legend

1 x Keeper of the Shrine

3 x Maiden with Eyes of Blue

2 x Beacon of White (Probably should have only run 1. It's really, really cool when it goes off. But without the other upcoming Blue-Eyes stuff, it's very difficult to get the required 3 Blue-Eyes monsters. The only time I used it, my opponent Triverred, and, stuck with the Blue-Eyes in hand, I never got a third Blue-Eyes in there again. >.>)

1 x The Claw of Hermos (I probably should have cut this for a third Trade-In, but eh.)

1 x Dark Factory of Mass Production

3 x Dragon Shrine

2 x Dragon's Mirror

2 x The Melody of Awakening Dragon

2 x Mystical Space Typhoon

2 x Polymerization

1 x Raigeki

1 x Silver's Cry

3 x Toon Table of Contents (Deck-thinning. Given running BETD is somewhat beneficial, this is probably preferable to Upstart here IMO.)

2 x Trade-In

2 x Call of the Haunted

Extra:

2 x Five-Headed Dragon

3 x Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon

1 x First of the Dragons

1 x Red-Eyes Black Dragon Sword

1 x Azure-Eyes Silver Dragon

1 x Samsara, Dragon of Rebirth

1 x Number 107: Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon

1 x Number 23: Lancelot, Dark Knight of the Underworld (This thing is INCREDIBLE. I pulled it just before the tournament, and am so glad I added it. It was the MVP against second Dragon kid for sure, and was the only Synchro/Xyz I used more than once.)

1 x Aegaion, the Sea Castrum

1 x Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon

1 x Queen Dragon Djinn

Beat a kid with a fairly solid (minus Extra Deck) Dragon deck 2-1. (His deck was pretty good, he even had stuff like Koa'ki Meiru Drago and Dragon's Mirror, which was neat. Unfortunately, he had a habit of playing things in Attack Position even when it was detrimental, and lost both duels due to that. He did beat me game 1, though. He got me down to 4k LP pretty early, and Cylindered my Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon for game. I've always been fond of Cylinder, so I was more impressed than salty about it. :P Game 3 is where I got out Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon. I actually ended the game with Shining and 2 BEUDs to his nothing just because I could. :P)

Lost to Geargia 2-0. (Game 1 was pretty close, and he eventually won after Bottomlessing my REDMD after Compulsorying it the previous turn. Game 2, I basically drew-passed with a brick of a hand. I think literally the only card I played was Dragon Shrine.)

Lost to Evols 2-0. (Again, game 1 was fairly close. Easy access to monsters bigger than 2400 makes this matchup fairly tolerable. I honestly forget how I lost this one, I was in control for quite a while. Game 2, I again bricked a fair bit, and he got a lot of backrow to help him out of his slow start.)

Beat ANOTHER kid with a pretty decent dragon deck that actually had an Extra Deck of more than 2 cards 2-0. (He used Dark Rebellion over Blue-Eyes a LOT, which hurt. But I kept drawing my few outs, like Raigeki. Probably my most balanced match, it's the only one where I never bricked, and he fought back a lot.)

Lost 2-o to Satellarknights. (Game 1 he Stellarnova Alphas my Dragon Shrine turn 2, and I lose soon after. Game 2, I got a pretty bad hand, but so did he, and my Turn 1 Red-Eyes Black Dragon Sword held on for a while, but eventually fell. I might be misremembering what happened in which duel, but whatever. I don't know why, but I remember this match least. Those might've happened in one duel, actually.)

Edited by RiverShock, 06 March 2016 - 09:15 AM.

#20 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4563 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 17 March 2016 - 09:24 AM

So... I was going to try to Summon Flying Fortress SKY FIRE at my locals tonight (technically yesterday, since I'm typing this just after midnight, but whatever), but I had a fun game against a kid prior to the tournament, and got it out there. (Pretty much unchallenged. He was somewhat new, and using one of the Yugi's Legendary Decks decks, lol. Though, I did draw a crapton of stall cards, including Mirror Force, Swords and Roar, so I probably could've done it against someone half-decent, too.) Nonetheless, deck below.

1 x Flying Fortress SKY FIRE

3 x Summon Reactor - SK

2 x Armageddon Knight

3 x Mystic Tomato

3 x Spell Reactor - RE

3 x Trap Reactor - Y FI

3 x Maxx "C" (These were originally Pot of Duality, but I changed it based on the unusual format the tournament was using, which I was unaware of prior)

2 x Black Salvo

3 x Iron Call

2 x Mystical Space Typhoon

1 x Soul Charge

3 x Swords of Revealing Light

3 x Call of the Haunted

2 x Fake Explosion

1 x Mirror Force

2 x Quaking Mirror Force

3 x Threatening Roar

2 x Dark Strike Fighter

1 x Stardust Dragon

2 x Black Rose Dragon

2 x Dark Flattop

1 x Shark Fortress

1 x Number 39: Utopia

2 x Gear Gigant X

1 x Wind-Up Zenmaister

1 x Maestroke the Symphony Djinn

1 x Number 30: Acid Golem of Destruction

Ah what the hell, bonus content. May as well list how I did in the tournament, with Dinomists. The format was kinda weird for this tournament. They allowed you to use any past format, but only using cards available in that format. (I think there were a handful of restrictions also, but as I mentioned before, I was unaware of there being anything unique about this one prior. I just used the current format. :P)

Lost 2-0 to Tower Qlis. (Game 1 he got turn 1 Towers, and Skill Drain soon after, and I had no real out to it. Game 2 I drew poorly and got OTKed by Disk.)

Beat Mermails (the older one with Tidal) 2-0. (He dead drew both games. His opening hand Game 2 was literally 3 Dragoons, 2 Marksman.)

Beat Deckout (the Morphing Jar/Needle Worm with Sunlight/Book of Eclipse/etc. one, not the All-Out Attacks loop) 2-0. (Dinomists are apparently incredibly good against this kind of deck. It's pretty slow, and Powerload helps a lot if they don't get Sunlight.)

Beat Frog FTK 2-0. (Dinomists are significantly faster, this match was quick. Rex making him lose all his resources helped.)

Made top 4.

Lost 2-1 to Xyz Infernity. (I don't remember this terribly clearly, surprisingly. They were reasonably close games, however. Game 3 I ran out of resources, though. I only had a Pendulum Zoned Ceratops when I lost, lol.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users