- - - - - 41 replies to this topic

New Year's Revolution!

XC, Staff Changes

• Please log in to reply

#1 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5516 posts 431.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 28 December 2015 - 09:16 PM

Hey guys!

The new year is right around the corner and XC has a fairly major update to go with it. 

One of the first things I did when I became head admin here was look at what the admins before me had done. I looked at what they did right and I looked at what they did wrong. I noticed one recurring theme which tended to mark the end of each head admin's tenure here, and that was that they were juggling too many things for them to handle, in their own words. It didn't take a lot of self-debating to come to a solid conclusion: I wanted a team. And with that, I present to you Team XC 2016 (cool nickname, eh?).

Head Admin: Jesse

Admin: Gren

Admin: Bardon

Global Moderator: Emma

Global Moderator: Exarion

All other Moderators will be returned to Member, except n00bdragon. No admins will be changed. I'll also still be working with storyteller to make sure the Virtual Card Game is as enjoyable as possible. The team and I have already got some ideas in the works, so we'll keep you updated.

These changes are effective immediately. I just want to take the last few lines of this post and use it as a thank you - for all of your support and trust that you've had in me since I took over. If there are any issues you have regarding anything, XC or otherwise, I'm always open to discuss it.

Let me know what you guys think, and have a happy new year!

- Jesse

#2 BryceHarperFan Oldies Grand Ultimate Super Poster 2965 posts 424.00 XCB

BryceHarperFan

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:27 PM

I love it. Those are some very capable hands that this company is being put in, I believe that good can come out of this.

#3 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5678 posts 143.00 XCB

Gren
  • Interests:Interests? What interests?

Posted 29 December 2015 - 01:04 AM

If all the oldies were here with us now, I don't think a single one would ever come to think I'd make it this far, but to be fair, they probably didn't think XC would last this long. I've been here for 10 years. I've had my ups and downs. Now I'm ready to help this place grow again. There we be a lot of challenges ahead and I'm hoping for the best outcome when we tackle said challenges.

I'll be doing mostly behind the scenes work. My first priority that I have for myself is getting an IRC server back up, whether we get a server or I host one myself or rent one. Otherwise, if any of you have some suggestions to toss around, let me or one of the staff know. If an IRC server is out of our capabilities, we have a backup plan.

#4 Bardon Team XC (つ˚Д˚)つ 516 posts 161.00 XCB

Bardon
  • Interests:Anime, games, forums, martial arts, arts and design, encoding, music....living life as i should be! ;3

Posted 29 December 2015 - 04:03 AM

Its funny when I think about how this is the THIRD forum that I got ended up with trying to bring back from the scraps. And its even funnier when I realize that I ain't even any sort of big deal when it comes to managing those backend stuff. I mean sure, I have SOME basic sense about it all and I did have an on/off thing with learning as much as I could, but like Jesse said, lack of manpower can always weigh ya down hard regardless of how high your ambitions want you to fly up and both of my previous forums died exactly because of this. So I'm glad that the big difference this time around is that it'll be an actual team which may actually collaborate on something for once instead of being left drifting about with no direction. (assuming that remains their motive)

Oh and the funniest part: much like Gren, me who came here 6 years ago only to discover online YGO wouldn't have expected to be doing this at all either. :P

Then again, I was a completely different person all those years back, miles apart from what I am now in both RL and online. Obviously we all were, but I digress.

Anyway back to the matter at hand, I'll be with Gren in getting us the IRC server we need and I'm also currently looking into ways for stabilizing the forum's functionality and fix whatever's broken. (which is hellishly plenty if you look at the mess in the backend... =___= )

Here's hoping this time I don't get possessed again by you-know-who and break something else.... >.>

#5 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9440 posts 690.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 29 December 2015 - 05:38 AM

well Jesse already knows my thoughts on the matter

GL 

#6 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion
  • Interests:Just let me sleep.

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:17 AM

Much appreciated. ^-^

#7 L o t u s Oldies Bitch I Might Be 1735 posts 188.00 XCB

L o t u s
  • Interests:Sex.

Posted 29 December 2015 - 01:40 PM

If you guys need an IRC server then I may be of some assistance.  I could create a server within the week, but it doesn't seem like a wise strategy at this very moment.  The forum isn't attracting new users so the IRC server would just be a nostalgia hangout that I would be paying 10 dollars for.  See: Facebook, reddit, etc.  Your best bet right now is to relocate to a popular server like Rizon or some other massively popular IRC network.

#8 fluppy Ancient One I didn't know I could change this. 1584 posts 129.00 XCB

fluppy
  • Interests:dead bodies & vaginas

Posted 31 December 2015 - 05:34 AM

hi

#9 Hypermaster117 Oldies WABIT SEASON 2117 posts 265.00 XCB

Hypermaster117
  • Interests:Anime, YGO, Vanguard, LoL

Posted 31 December 2015 - 12:14 PM

hello new overlords

#10 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9440 posts 690.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 31 December 2015 - 12:50 PM

wmt9o.jpg

#11 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5678 posts 143.00 XCB

Gren
  • Interests:Interests? What interests?

Posted 31 December 2015 - 07:07 PM

-Snipped-

Except I don't live in England.

EDIT: I'm also doing a news post next week, stay tuned!

#12 storyteller Oldies When a story comes to an end... 3365 posts 339.00 XCB

storyteller

Posted 31 December 2015 - 08:18 PM

Sounds cool.

Now that I'm back in the states, *hopefully* I'll start building that digital version of the virtual card game as I had promised.

In the mean-time, I think an average chatbox/shoutbox would serve our needs well enough for the time being, rather than an IRC server.

Then again, I've never actually been an IRC user, so I may simply be lacking when it comes to knowledge regarding its advantages.

Unrelatedly, my own new year's resolution is simply as follows:

有言実行

Edited by storyteller, 31 December 2015 - 09:38 PM.

#13 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9440 posts 690.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:27 AM

-Snipped-

Except I don't live in England.

EDIT: I'm also doing a news post next week, stay tuned!

you also aren't an overlord.

Sounds cool.

Now that I'm back in the states, *hopefully* I'll start building that digital version of the virtual card game as I had promised.

In the mean-time, I think an average chatbox/shoutbox would serve our needs well enough for the time being, rather than an IRC server.

Then again, I've never actually been an IRC user, so I may simply be lacking when it comes to knowledge regarding its advantages.

有言実行

There are words Mika row?

Edited by Stomach The MachoPony, 01 January 2016 - 10:30 AM.

#14 storyteller Oldies When a story comes to an end... 3365 posts 339.00 XCB

storyteller

Posted 01 January 2016 - 04:46 PM

Mika row?

#15 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9440 posts 690.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 01 January 2016 - 05:16 PM

blame google translate

#16 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion
  • Interests:Just let me sleep.

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:55 PM

有言実行

There are words Mika row?

I think it's "to accomplish what has been said", or ~to fulfill promises~.

#17 Knowbie Ancient One Pro Orthodoxy 4066 posts 17.00 XCB

Knowbie

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:43 PM

If all the oldies were here with us now, I don't think a single one would ever come to think I'd make it this far . . .

I do not understand.  Where is this far to which you've made?

[Edit: Italic words are not emphasized.]

Edited by Knowbie, 01 January 2016 - 11:44 PM.

#18 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5516 posts 431.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 02 January 2016 - 12:26 AM

If all the oldies were here with us now, I don't think a single one would ever come to think I'd make it this far . . .

I do not understand.  Where is this far to which you've made?

[Edit: Italic words are not emphasized.]
From what I understand, Gren's really happy that he can give back to this place. I'm really glad. I couldn't ask for anything more.

#19 Knowbie Ancient One Pro Orthodoxy 4066 posts 17.00 XCB

Knowbie

Posted 02 January 2016 - 04:06 PM

From what I understand, Gren's really happy that he can give back to this place. I'm really glad. I couldn't ask for anything more.

Please, forgive me, for I still do not understand.  I do not understand how this is a place nor what it is that we're giving to it, as though it were an altar upon which to offer sacrifices rather than the remnants of our community. I am plagued with literality.

#20 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9440 posts 690.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 02 January 2016 - 04:10 PM

this "place" metaphorically is our community, a community who like to play games with each other be it Yu-Gi-Oh! or otherwise. he is happy that he is now in a position of power and able to give something better to the community that he's been a great contributor to for years now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XC, Staff Changes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users