Photo
- - - - - 4 replies to this topic

Paragon

Third-Person, MOBA, Epic Games

• Please log in to reply

#1 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5530 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:30 PM

What happens when you mix Gears of War with League of Legends? You get something amazing.

"Paragon is the MOBA from Epic Games that puts you in the fight with explosive action, direct third-person control, and deep strategic choice. Paragon is coming to PC and PlayStation 4, with paid Early Access in Spring 2016 and Open Beta in Summer 2016."

So if you haven't heard, a new game was announced very recently. A third-person MOBA made by Epic Games. Coming out on PC and PS4, you take control of the champion from a different perspective, similar to Smite. But I gotta say, this looks incredible. 

Gears of War has my favourite shooting mechanics ever. It's quite possibly one of the reasons I enjoyed the gameplay of Mass Effect 2 and 3 so much, because they were inspired by the way Gears of War is. Now, I don't think the run and cover mechanics will be too similar to Gears of War (if said mechanics even exist), but I can definitely put my trust in Epic Games to deliver an amazing experience.

If this kicks off and is popular... Ahh man, I hope so.

If you want to view the Gameplay First Look video, click here.

If you want to sign up for the open beta next Summer, that can be done here.

The sudden hype is real.

#2 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 06 December 2015 - 05:00 PM

so first we get LoL ripoff from Blizzard

Now epic games are making a SMITE ripoff

man the MOBA market is becoming saturated

#3 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5530 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 06 December 2015 - 05:18 PM

All ideas have to start from somewhere. There's a difference between ripping something off and innovating it. MOBA is a genre of games now. Smite didn't claim a 'third-person MOBA patent' or something like that.

100% I'm gonna give this one a chance.

#4 6SAMS Oldies Six Samurai Enthusiast 3024 posts 126.00 XCB

6SAMS
  • Interests:Yu-Gi-Oh!- Six Samurai, Kozmo
    Doctor Who
    Persona
    Undertale
    Trombone

Posted 06 December 2015 - 05:27 PM

I signed up for the beta, I'll see how it is. Wasn't impressed by HoTS when I played the beta for that, but maybe this time will be different

#5 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5530 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:17 PM

Just read an article about the game, and wow, executive producer John Wasilczyk answers a bunch of questions - and they're exactly what I wanted to hear.

http://www.gamespot....-/1100-6432936/

To summarise, a few neat points about the game:

+ Anything that affects gameplay can be paid for, or earned through playing games.

+ Not only is the game on PS4 and PC, but there will be cross-platform interaction, so teams can have both PC & PS4 gamers versus other PC & PS4 gamers.

+ Epic aren't focused on eSports, but on "creating a great game". If the community decides eSports would be in the right direction, then they'll go for it.

+ There will be a built-in replay/spectator system that allows you to show your friends your best moments, or use it as a teaching/learning tool.

Pretty cool, pretty cool.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users