Photo
- - - - - 15 replies to this topic

Gerdat is doing another Wonder Trade run in ORAS.

• Please log in to reply

#1 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2690 posts 159.00 XCB

Gerdat14
  • Interests:Dueling with YVD and playing illegal games with my blanket.. don't ask...

Posted 23 November 2015 - 03:52 PM

But wait! this time i have a brother to call on to race against me. He's winning atm, since he got a slowpoke. Anywho, Rules are as follows:
Rule #1: All pokemon must be received from Wonder Trade. Same rule as last time.

Rule #2: No legendarys. This rule only applys to me, since I'm not willing to force it on my bro.

Rule #3: i can catch other pokemon, but they cannot see use or combat. It's the random Shiney Clause.

Rule #4: After each gym leader falls, i will be wonder trading off the entire team for a new one. Pretty much the same rule as last time.

On that note, I will post the first team now, since i have it and i was just nostalgia gushing over on the other thread.

Poochyena: Level 8 with Ice Fang, Howl, and Sand attack. And Quick Feet. Oh look, another event Poochyena. How nice.

Roselia: Level 12 w/ Absorb, Growth, Poison Sting, and Stun Spore. And Natural Cure. Shame her physical defense is terrible, as having an actual grass sweeper this early against roxanne is awesome.

Volbeat: Level 11 w/ Flash, Tackle, Double Team, and Confuse Ray. and Illuminate. Still don't care for Volbeat/Illumise, although having confuse ray this early is awesome.

Horsea: Level 1 w/ Disable, Razor Wind, Clear Smog, and Dragon Rage. And Swift Swim. Does Horsea learn bubblebeam before 15? Because i could grind the hell out of that. Also: Why would you ever but Razorwind on anything?!?

Foongus: Level 1 with Absorb. And Regenerator. I forget if Foongus actually has decent defense. Lack of Effect Spore makes me sad though.

Breloom: Level 23 with Mega Drain, Headbutt, Mach Punch, and Leech Seed. And Poison Heal. Given that he's got 70 attack, i should prolly use him instead against Rozanne, even if he falls asleep half the time. Oh well.

So yeah, assuming my bro actually plays regularly, I'll be posting updates on this somewhat frequently. Or so I hope. And if this needs to be moved to the other already published thread, I'm willing to post it there instead. I hope someone will let me know first.

I invite others to join us, as we are both sitting in Petalburg ATM. It's usually an interesting run, and feel free to post your teams and special events too.

#2 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5530 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 23 November 2015 - 08:46 PM

Damn, racing a Pokemon game is the best way to play it - after you've already played it once.

If I had ORAS I'd totally join.

#3 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2690 posts 159.00 XCB

Gerdat14
  • Interests:Dueling with YVD and playing illegal games with my blanket.. don't ask...

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:45 PM

Alright, Roxanne is down, and this team looks... painful. Oh well.

Scatterbug: Level 2 with Tackle and String Shot. and Shield Dust. Does anyone remember if Vivillion gets gust early? Cuz that would really help right now.

Charmander: Level 1 w/ Scratch, Growl, and Flare Blitz. And Blaze. Because of course i get a charmander, I mean, why WOULDN'T I get a freaking charmander? Ugh.

Kakuna: Level 4 w/ Harden. And Shed Skin. Ash trolled me... so hard... sigh.

Swablu: Level 18 with Safegaurd, Disarming Voice, Mist, and Round. And Natural Cure. Not terrible, except that the badge powers run out at 20, so i need to get to brawly pretty quickly.

Dwebble: Level 15 w/ Rock Blast, Withdraw, Sand Attack, and Feint Attack. And Sturdy. Dwebble is so CUTE! Also, almost totally useless. But SO CUTE!

Audino: Level 36 w/ Take Down, Helping Hand, Refresh, and Double Slap. and Regenerator. Well, at least if i have to gamble with the loyalty mechanic, i get to gamble with STAB Take Down.

Honestly, it's not super terrible. I just wish Swablu had a flying type attack. But no, I'll prolly give it echoed voice and hope stab with Silk Scarf and carry me through. 

#4 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:18 AM

you do know Disarming Voice is fairy-type and fairy moves are SE against fighting

right?

#5 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2690 posts 159.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:48 PM

No, actually.  I knew fairy got resist on fighting, but i forgot the weakness fighting had on fairy. Still, i'm not getting the pixie plate or the faire booster item for a long time, so it's still rough.

#6 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2690 posts 159.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:38 PM

And now, I have beaten Brawly by totally ignoring disarming vboice, and using a silk scarf boosted level 3 echoed voice instead. The power of boosts is so nice... Will be doing the Wonder trade now.

#7 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2690 posts 159.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:55 PM

Wonder trade is done. Bro got at least 2 chimchar, and i wish i was so lucky. Last time he got a Druddigon and an Absol. Whereas i keep getting worms. Ugghh...

Cascoon: Level 6 w/ Harden. And Shed Skin. Hi Kakuna, you evil thing you.

Bagon: Level 1 w/ Rage. And Rock Head. Shame i don't have a recoil move tm yet. Would be awesome against Watson.

Floette: Level 21 with Tackle, Vine Whip, Fairy Wind, and Wish. And Flower Veil. Highest level, and just a tad over where i'm supposed to be. Guess I'll farm on Geodudes or Arons.

Marill: Level 11 w/ Water Gun, Aqua Jet, Superpower, and Belly Drum. And Huge Power. Quick question; when does Marill learn Play Rough? Cuz i wanna sweep Watson with a Marill or Azumarill. Just because.

Wurmple: Level 2 with Tackle and String Shot. And Shield Dust. Hey, maybe i can get both Dustox AND Beautifly on the same team? ...Maybe?

Zigzagoon: Level 2 w/ Tackle and Growl. And Pickup. ou may have noticed that i called off the pickup spamming rule from last time. I did that simply because until like 30 or so, it doesn't really make a difference. Pickup still works based on levels, so it's very rare for him to pick up anything that great pre level 20. So there.

Aside from landing double Wurmple lines, this could be fun. I won't get upto shelgon, but if I can get Bagon to 25 and get him bulldoze, it should be rather simple. That or Azumarill.

#8 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5681 posts 146.00 XCB

Gren
  • Interests:Interests? What interests?

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:15 AM

I was enjoying reading your run so far. Busy or just lost interest?

#9 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2690 posts 159.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 03 December 2015 - 08:43 PM

I'm trying to set up the Pre Watson fight with my bro. Sadly, we've been doing other games in the meantime, and I'll try a bit harder next week on it, since i'm gone till prolly monday ATM.

#10 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2690 posts 159.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:47 PM

Holes of Jeebus, that took forever to resolve. And I can see that my typing still hasn't been improved. Oh well.

Watson fight is done, and here's the team line up!

Azumarill: Lv 26 w/ Bulldoze, Aqua Jet, Aqua Tail, and Belly Drum.And Huge Power. Mu only question here is: Can you Baton Pass a Belly Drum buff to Rhyperior? Because I want to see a Rhyperior use Rock Wrecker with an attached Hard Stone when his attack is actually over 1000. By my Calculations, that should be almost enough to take out 2 Blissey without Defense EVs. Or, in layman's terms, a "Shit-Ton" of damage.

Floette: Lv 28 w/ Tackle, Magical Leaf, Fairy Wind, and Wish. And Flower Veil. Seriously, you learn most of the Grass type Special Attacks, so why aren't you a freaking grass type?!? STOP NOT BEING A GRASS TYPE! STOP IT!

Dustox: Lv 20 w/ Venoshock, Gust, Confusion, and Poison Power. And Shield Dust. I didn't know that Dustox got Venoshock so early. interesting...

Bagon: Lv 18 w/ Dragon Breath, Headbutt, Lerr, and Bite. And Rock Head. Shame you don't get Take Down till you're already either a Shelgon or just about to become a Shelgon. 

Dustox: Lv 21 w/ Tackle, Poison Powder, Venoshock, and Confusion. And Shield Dust. Wait, that seems really familiar... hmmm...

Linoone: Lv 21 w/ Rock Smash, Headbutt, Mud Sport, and Sand Attack. And Pickup. Pickup is still awesome, although i forget what i got from Zigzach. I think it was a pokeball and an Antidote.

So, the PLAN was to get to watson using Bulldoze, and then sweep him with Azumarill with Belly Drum Aqua Jet. Yes, i know i could've done it with just bulldoze thanks to huge power, my level advantage, and the Soft Sand, but i wanted a better story. Afterall, I swept most of my brothers team with Belly Drum Aqua Jet, so it should work, right? Well, it didn't. Turn 1, I use Belly Drum, and Watson's Magnemite Uses Thunder Wave. It's at this moment i realize that "Wait, I don't have a Backup plan, since his Manectric is still 24, isn't it?" 
As you can tell, I'm not use to the level Disparity between RSE and ORAS yet. However, I did still win, mostly according to plan. Azumarill got the effect of Paralysis the turn he brought out Magneton, and she was already hurting because Watson Super Potioned his Sturdy Magnemite Back to full. I just ended up winning with Floette instead of Linoone or Azumarill.

Wonder Trading Shortly, and will post the new team after that.

#11 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2690 posts 159.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:11 AM

Alright, Anime night is over, so now i can post the new team and OH DAMNIT!

Wurmple: Lv 2 with Tackle and String Shot. And Shield Dust. Why? Just... Why? I'm Betting on Dustox again, because no ones gonna seen me a beautifly.

Shroomish: Lv 1 w/ Absorb, Tackle, Seed Bomb, and Bullet Seed. And Poison Heal. If I'm right, this guy bred a 5 IV Shroomish and sent his out in Wonder Trade. If I AM right, Then i MIGHT have a decent tool against Flannery after a certain event happens.

Wingull: Lv 5 w/ Growl, Water Gun, and Supersonic. And Keen eye. Oh Look! My ONLY WATER TYPE on the whole team. So, i'll prolly get Pelipper and then wonder where i go to get Water Pulse. And then cry when it's half way through post game.

Snover: Lv 39 w/ Mist, Ingrain, Ice Shard, and Wood Hammer. And Snow Warning. If I can teach him Bulldoze, then I'll be fine. If not... Saaad. 

Poochyena: Lv. 3 w/ Tackle. And Quick Feet. IT'S NOT EVEN AN EVENT POOCHYENA! You people... are soo evil to the wonder Trade Economy! 

Gastly: Lv 1 w/ Lick and Hypnosis. And Levitate. At first i thought it was a shiny, but nope. Shiny Gastly's wisp is blue, not purple. I mean, who just sends a Non-Shiny Gastly through the wonder trade grinder? At least level it up to Haunter first!

So uh... anyone notice that HALF MY TEAM is crtically weak to Fire Type Special Attacks like Ember, Flamethrower, and Overheat? Cuz I noticed that, and I'm wondering if I could actually take down Maxi with Just Pelipper, assuming i do the grinding to get Wingull to 25. Which i kinda have to do, as... well, that's the level I'm supposed to be at. I think Flannery is still 31 though, right? ...Right? I'll look it up later.

#12 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2446 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain
  • Interests:Games: video, and TCGs. TV, and sleeping.

Posted 09 December 2015 - 12:25 AM

hey... can you possibly tell me who the OT of that shroomish is? I didn't wondertrade over the last couple of days... (so I'm sure it's not mine unless people just passed them around...) but I had been sending out a bunch of them with that moveset and they were 5IV

#13 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2690 posts 159.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 09 December 2015 - 10:44 AM

OT is Santiago. I kinda doubt it's you, but mainly because they actually have a facebook link attached to their profile. Tis odd. 

#14 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2446 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain

Posted 10 December 2015 - 01:11 AM

Not me. .. my name is warrain. Just gotta let me know when you do the trading

#15 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2690 posts 159.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:04 PM

...Damnit. As I wait for burke to get ready for Anime Night, I realize that i've neglected to post the update on here. Hokay!

The run is canceled. My bro wants to start over and do a Shiny run instead, where we finish the game (either Elitle four or Delta, not sure ATM) With a full team of shinys. So, even MORE grindy than a usual wonder trade run. I've added a cause that we need to have the full team before beating Winoa, because I'm a dick like that and already know that i want a very specific pokemon on the team that shows up before winoa.

And after we agreed on that... i went back to playing Pokemon Super Mystery dungeon. Because i hate myself and want to 100% this, even though i originally just wanted to complete the Kanto Dex. Gah.

#16 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2446 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:30 AM

ugh you... lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users