Photo
- - - - - 27 replies to this topic

Digimon Adventure Tri (V2)

Digimon adventure and 4 more...

• Please log in to reply

#1 Bardon Team XC (つ˚Д˚)つ 516 posts 161.00 XCB

Bardon
  • Interests:Anime, games, forums, martial arts, arts and design, encoding, music....living life as i should be! ;3

Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:49 AM

k6ZjaUX.png

Digimon Adventure tri. (Japanese: デジモンアドベンチャーtri. Hepburn: Dejimon Adobenchā Torai?) is a 2015 Japanese action-adventure anime film series produced by Toei Animation. It is a series of films in Akiyoshi Hongo's Digimon franchise, serving as a direct sequel to the original 1999 series, Digimon Adventure, and celebrates the anime franchise's 15th anniversary. Digimon Adventure tri. will be a 6-part theatrical film series, with the first film Saikai (再会 Reunion?), to be released on November 21, 2015. It will be released on region-free DVD and Blu-ray in Japan on December 18, 2015. On November 19th Crunchyroll acquire the streaming rights for Digimon Adventure Tri and will premiere it the same day as in Japan.

The series is set six years after the events of Digimon Adventure and three years after Digimon Adventure 02, in which Taichi Yagami and his friends became the DigiDestined and entered the Digital World, where they became partners with digital monsters known as Digimon. Taichi, now a seventeen-year-old high school student, and his friends reunite with their Digimon partners, to face a new threat that rises from the Digital World including a mysterious Digimon known as Alphamon who attacked their fellow DigiDestined Daisuke, Miyako, Iori and Ken.

Tomorrow's the day it'll start streaming.

COMMENCE. HYPE. NAOZ.

P.S: For those wondering what happened to the older topic: http://xerocreative....ay/#entry858951

#2 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5516 posts 431.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 20 November 2015 - 11:11 AM

The first four episodes of Digimon Adventure Tri will be available starting 7:00am PST on Friday, November 20th in the following regions: United States, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and Latin America.

FUUUUUUUU--

Damn you, Crunchyroll.

I guess I'll just find it somewhere else. But damn, I should probably start rewatching Digimon Adventure. Kinda forgot what happened -.-'

#3 storyteller Oldies When a story comes to an end... 3365 posts 339.00 XCB

storyteller

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:53 PM

Oh wow, the thing starts airing today. I didn't even notice.

I should, like, go check it out.

Edit: Holy crap, only 10 theaters around the country that's going to be airing this :o

Edit2: Reserved! Looks like I'll be watching this in theaters, tomorrow.

Edited by storyteller, 20 November 2015 - 01:31 PM.

#4 storyteller Oldies When a story comes to an end... 3365 posts 339.00 XCB

storyteller

Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:45 AM

As much as I wanted to like this movie... I did not.

The central conflict feels so contrived, it makes the rest of the movie rather unconvincing.

It probably didn't help that what tension there was in combat was pretty contrived as well.

Nevertheless, the theater was completely full, and everyone I could see was about in their 20's, as one might expect.

The general opinion of the people as far as I could tell seemed to be better than I might have expected, so I may just be the rare sour viewer.

It's a shame movie goods seem to sell out so fast though; it's only the second day, and there was almost nothing left.

Oh, but I did like the tri. version of Butter-fly.

Edited by storyteller, 22 November 2015 - 11:47 AM.

#5 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5516 posts 431.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:58 AM

So I just finished watching episode 2 of the original anime - the pacing is way quicker than I remember. Not only has Tai got Agumon, but already Greymon? -.-

Anyway I'm sure I'll be done with this quick so I can watch Tri.

#6 BryceHarperFan Oldies Grand Ultimate Super Poster 2965 posts 424.00 XCB

BryceHarperFan

Posted 22 November 2015 - 05:45 PM

Is this movie available anywhere online (for free)?

#7 Emma Team XC TML's Secretary 1712 posts 71.00 XCB

Emma

Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:47 PM

Is this movie available anywhere online (for free)?

#8 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2678 posts 158.00 XCB

Gerdat14
  • Interests:Dueling with YVD and playing illegal games with my blanket.. don't ask...

Posted 23 November 2015 - 07:56 PM

So I just finished watching episode 2 of the original anime - the pacing is way quicker than I remember. Not only has Tai got Agumon, but already Greymon? -.-

Anyway I'm sure I'll be done with this quick so I can watch Tri.

Yeah, the original show had everyone but TK get digivolutions before the end of the first 12 episodes, and even has a lot of side character development. A lot of world building, whilst addressing each of the character's personalities. 

#9 BryceHarperFan Oldies Grand Ultimate Super Poster 2965 posts 424.00 XCB

BryceHarperFan

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:51 PM

Is it going to be dubbed in English by the original voice actors?

#10 Bardon Team XC (つ˚Д˚)つ 516 posts 161.00 XCB

Bardon
  • Interests:Anime, games, forums, martial arts, arts and design, encoding, music....living life as i should be! ;3

Posted 09 January 2016 - 01:50 PM

Guys............

CYPFl99WQAAR5cB.jpg

Digimon just turned PG-13. >.>

#11 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9429 posts 690.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 09 January 2016 - 01:52 PM

and this is a problem why?

#12 Bardon Team XC (つ˚Д˚)つ 516 posts 161.00 XCB

Bardon

Posted 09 January 2016 - 01:58 PM

>Implying fanservice is gonna be a thing.

>In a series thats been primarily focused on kids and is a nostalgic piece of work for us as former kids.

Basically:

11446636.jpg

#13 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9429 posts 690.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 09 January 2016 - 02:02 PM

though it was moreso in the movie and second season, fanservice is nothing new to digimon, in fact its an anime in this day and age, i'd be shocked if it DIDNT have fanservice somewhere.

#14 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5516 posts 431.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 09 January 2016 - 03:37 PM

Huh. Well we're all grown up now. As long as they don't do stupid arse shots and anything to do with tentacles. If it's just the usual beach episode but not stupid fanservice I don't mind.

#15 Bardon Team XC (つ˚Д˚)つ 516 posts 161.00 XCB

Bardon

Posted 10 January 2016 - 04:05 AM

^ I particularly don't mind beach episodes that much either and I can accept the growing up aspect, but however:

Spoiler

Admit it, this is just screaming fanservice coz of the whole placement and setting. >.>

@Stomach boy: The "fanservice" you speak of in previous seasons were much significantly lesser and.....tamer. (pun intended :P )

Heck not even sure if it can be labeled as such due to them being underage, unless you're implying that intended fanservice for pedos is a thing in Digimon.... =___=

So nobody would think of it like that back in those days.

#16 BryceHarperFan Oldies Grand Ultimate Super Poster 2965 posts 424.00 XCB

BryceHarperFan

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:30 AM

More important than boobs: Is it going to ever be dubbed in ENGLISH? I want to know whether to wait or to watch it subbed.

#17 Bardon Team XC (つ˚Д˚)つ 516 posts 161.00 XCB

Bardon

Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:16 AM

More important than boobs: Is it going to ever be dubbed in ENGLISH? I want to know whether to wait or to watch it subbed.

Kind of a no-brainer it will be dubbed. I mean, how can it NOT?

Compared to the other spin-off seasons till now, Digimon Adventure has always been THE flagship of the series.

P.S: 500th post~

#18 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5516 posts 431.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:22 AM

More important than boobs and dubbing (Although boobs are pretty important): Will there be a new Digimon World video game? Like an actual good one that gets released outside of Japan. Looks like I've got some hoping to do.

#19 Bardon Team XC (つ˚Д˚)つ 516 posts 161.00 XCB

Bardon

Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:48 AM

Oh......right.

Forgot to mention this a while back:

Yeah....its a thing. =P

And even before that, this happened:

Pity neither of these is hitting the PC, which is kinda weird if you think about it.

#20 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9429 posts 690.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 10 January 2016 - 01:23 PM

those look awesome. shame its only on PS4/Vita if it even came to PSP i'd be fine (cuz yknow yo ho ho and a bottle of rum and all that)

Edited by Yami Stomach, 10 January 2016 - 01:25 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Digimon adventure, nostalgia overload, still relevant, its happening again, derp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users