Photo
- - - - - 31 replies to this topic

Weekly Create-A-Card Contest

Yugioh, Contest, CAC, 10/25

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Poll: This Week's Contenders (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Place your votes!

1. Fiend Lord Zera (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Shadow's Mirror (2 votes [13.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

3. Skullrider (2 votes [13.33%] - View)

4. Eternal Guardian of the Law (2 votes [13.33%] - View)

5. Crab Turtle - Creature of the Crushing Depths (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Veteran War-Lion (2 votes [13.33%] - View)

7. Citadel Whale (4 votes [26.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

8. Poison Chakra (3 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote

#1 storyteller Oldies When a story comes to an end... 3365 posts 339.00 XCB

storyteller

Posted 25 October 2015 - 02:40 AM

Weekly Create-A-Card Contest!

Welcome to the weekly create-a-card contest!
    Congratulations to Stomach the MachoPony, who won the contest on 10/4 with Fusion Sanctuary! This Field Spell Card allows you to Fusion Summon in relative safety with Fusion Summon, replenishing your lost advantage with a very powerful monster summon, as well as guaranteeing your monster's safety so long as Polymerization exists in your graveyard! Of course, your opponent would want to remove this ASAP, but even then, they'll have to contend with the monster and Polymerization destroying it will give you!
    For winning this contest, Stomach the MachoPony, you may pick 3 packs from pre-synchro era or 1 pack from pre-xyz era to add to your collection. Exarion, TLM-JDS, Jesse, and Eel, as thanks for participating, you may each also pick 1 pack from pre-synchro era to add to your collection.

Previous Winners

Spoiler

The Rules

• Each member may submit up to one card each week.
  • Each round of the contest will last for one week.
  • The cards entered in a previous week's contest will be placed in a poll during the new week's contest.
  • Comments on the cards up for voting are encouraged, but not required
  • The winner of a round gets to decide the next open theme for the contest.
  • Be creative!

This Week's Contenders

Last week's theme was "Retrain a previously non-Effect Ritual Monster".
Spoiler

The Theme

This week's theme, chosen by Exarion, is to create a Fusion monster that supports Normal Monsters! Normal Monsters have had it hard in recent times due to their obvious lack of effects, but throughout the ages, they've still proved themselves useful. These usefulness usually are usually only incidentally so, however, such as the case of the recent archetype PSYBlades. One of the major boons that Normal Monsters have gotten is in their (?) boss monster, First of the Dragons. They could still use a lot of more help, though.

Make a Fusion Monster that supports Normal Monsters. You may have it support a specific Type of Normal Monsters rather than all Normal Monsters (Dragon, Warrior, and Spellcaster excluded).

Edited by storyteller, 28 October 2015 - 09:17 PM.

#2 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 25 October 2015 - 03:06 AM

Chairman of the League

Fusion/Beast-Warrior/EARTH

7*

1000/3000

2 or more (max 5) level 2 or lower normal monsters

When this card is Fusion Summoned successfully, target as many fusion material monsters as possible in your graveyard: special summon those targets. As long as this card remains face-up on the field, level 2 or lower Normal Monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. During your end phase: special summon one Level 2 or lower Normal Monster from your deck if you cannot, destroy this card. You can tribute one Level 2 or lower Normal monster you control then Select either ATK or DEF; add the selected value to this card's ATK. while you control a face-up "Normal" monster this card is unaffected by other card effects. 

Edited by Stomach The MachoPony, 25 October 2015 - 04:53 AM.

#3 BryceHarperFan Oldies Grand Ultimate Super Poster 2965 posts 424.00 XCB

BryceHarperFan

Posted 25 October 2015 - 03:53 AM

King of the Normal

LV10/LIGHT

WARRIOR/FUSION/EFFECT

2 or more Normal Monsters

Must first be Fusion Summoned. Normal Monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. All Normal Monsters you control gain 200 ATK for every Effect Monster your opponent controls and/or is in their Graveyard. If there is an Effect Monster other than "King of the Normal" on your field or in your Graveyard: Destroy this card. Negate this card's effects if it is Special Summoned from anywhere besides the Extra Deck.

ATK 2950/DEF 2450

Edited by EeL, 25 October 2015 - 03:43 PM.

#4 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 25 October 2015 - 04:54 AM

yo eel you forgot ATK/DEF

#5 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 25 October 2015 - 06:18 AM

Father of the Old Style

FIRE/8*

Warrior/Fusion/Effect

2700/1500

2 Normal Monsters

Once per turn: You can destroy all Effect Monsters on the field (other than this card), then inflict 600 damage to your opponent for each monster destroyed. If this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 card on the field; banish it.

Edited by Jesse, 26 October 2015 - 09:43 AM.

#6 TheLaughingMan-JDS Ancient One Chivalrous Shark 15255 posts 227.00 XCB

TheLaughingMan-JDS

Posted 25 October 2015 - 10:13 AM

Tie Fighter
5* DARK/Machine/Fusion/Effect
ATK: 2750 DEF: 1300
"Shapesnatch" + 1 Normal Monster
While you control a Normal Monster, this card cannot be targeted by, and is unaffected by, an opponent's card effects. Cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 Level 5 or higher Normal Monster from your hand or Graveyard. When a Normal Monster you control attacks or is attacked, it gains 1200 ATK during Damage Calculation only.

It's a darker, horribly powered Morinphen. Wearing a horribly powered bow tie. Horribly powered bow ties are cool.
Tie-fighter-icon.gif

Edited by TheLaughingMan-JDS, 27 October 2015 - 10:23 AM.

#7 BryceHarperFan Oldies Grand Ultimate Super Poster 2965 posts 424.00 XCB

BryceHarperFan

Posted 25 October 2015 - 03:47 PM

yo eel you forgot ATK/DEF

Thanks for the heads up!  :D

#8 storyteller Oldies When a story comes to an end... 3365 posts 339.00 XCB

storyteller

Posted 25 October 2015 - 10:31 PM

Comments:

Zera - Fairly easily Summoned and turns any card S/T in hand into a Harpies Feather Duster, also limited Armed Dragon Lv 7. Seems OP.

Mirror - Pretty cool effect, if a bit complex. Insta-kill Xyz is irksome.

Rider - Seems fairly, rather, overly strong for a lv 4 beatstick. A whole lot of good beatsticks do in this day and age, though.

Guardian - I wanted the effects to fit nicely, and also to take advantage of the 50 ATK, but it didn't quite come out how I wanted it.

Crab - Overly powerful lock for such easy Summoning Condition. Also, removal effect is flavorful but mechanically confusing.

War-Lion - Fairly balanced card. A bit weak, really. The combination of effects don't really seem to synergize that well, though.

Whale - This is actually really cool. A very cheap Summoning Condition that is, surprisingly, novel despite its seemingly common nature. The effects are fairly balanced in themselves as well, and the coin-flipping effect is a nice homage to Barrel Dragon, as I can just imagine Barrel Dragon poking its head out from Fortress Whale's back. Not sure where the discard comes from, though. The only concern is how this facilitates the use of Rank 7s, but I imagine this is least of your worries in this day and age. Edit: On second thought, that destroy/discard effect is far too easy (as of right now, it has a 100% chance to destroy). Make it only care about either heads or tails, not the other, and it would be perfect.

Chakra - Fairly standard tribute-opponent effect. Significantly easier to use than Volcanic Queen in almost every case, as well.

Edited by storyteller, 25 October 2015 - 11:21 PM.

#9 bobandjim Ancient One Needs a life 986 posts 108.00 XCB

bobandjim

Posted 25 October 2015 - 10:49 PM

Big Bad Brainless Bruiser

Earth

Level 12

Rock/Fusion/Effect

2 Normal Monsters

Must first be Fusion Summoned with "Polymerization" and cannot be Special Summoned other ways.

8000/8000

Edited by bobandjim, 26 October 2015 - 10:10 PM.

#10 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion
  • Interests:Just let me sleep.

Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:50 AM

Heart-Eater Ammit

WATER - Level 8

[Beast/Fusion/Effect]

2 non-Effect Fusion Monsters

A player who doesn't control a non-Effect Monster cannot activate Effect Monster effects. When your opponent summons 1 monster: target 1 Normal Monster you control; destroy the Summoned monster if its ATK is higher than that target's ATK.

ATK/2900 DEF/2700

Ammit is the hybrid monster that punishes people who don't pass the Judgment of Anubis.

#11 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2446 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain
  • Interests:Games: video, and TCGs. TV, and sleeping.

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:23 AM

Exodious, the Truly Forbidden Ruler
Dark/lvl 12
Spellcaster/fusion/effect

Must first be special summoned (from your Extra Deck) by returning all cards in you hand, field, and graveyard to the deck including atleast 4 "Forbidden One" monsters. This card's Special Summon cannot be negated. When Special Summoned, cards and effects cannot be activated. Cannot be targeted or destroyed by Spells, Traps, or card effects. Once per turn: you can send up to 4 Normal monsters from your deck to the grave, then you and your opponent draw that many cards. This monster gains 1000 ATK for each Normal monster in your graveyard. You can only Summon "Forbidden" and/or Normal monsters.
?/1000

#12 storyteller Oldies When a story comes to an end... 3365 posts 339.00 XCB

storyteller

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:51 AM

Antialloy Beast Raptinus
DARK 12*
Dragon/Fusion/Effect
3300/3300

3x Normal Monsters
Must be Fusion Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Monsters cannot be Summoned, except Normal Monsters. You can Normal Summon 1 Normal Monster in addition to your Normal Summon or Set (You can only gain this effect once per turn). When a Normal Monster battles a non-Normal Monster, except "Antialloy Best Raptinus": destroy that non-Normal Monster before Damage Step.

Edited by storyteller, 27 October 2015 - 02:49 AM.

#13 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4578 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:39 AM

I voted for Veteran Warlion because it was the best-designed of them IMO, and fit its Type very, very well. It and Eternal Guardian of the Law (which I like more each time I look at it) seemed to me to be the only ones with a lot of effort put into them (and that's not just a jab at you guys, mine was lazy also). OK, Shadow's Mirror was a little intricate as well, but... I don't know, something just puts me off of it. There's something about it I don't like, and it irks me that I can't put my finger on what that might be. The rest are all either overly powerful, do way too many things at once, are very bland (mine is guilty of this), or are a combination of the first two (looking at you, Zera and Crab Turtle).

Aaaanyway...

Soul of the Pharaoh

LIGHT/Zombie/Fusion/Effect

2500/2000/Lv 6

"Pharaoh's Servant" + "Pharaonic Protector"

You can Special Summon this card (from your Extra Deck) by sending the above cards from your hand or your side of the field to the Graveyard. You can only Special Summon "Soul of the Pharaoh" once per Duel this way. You can only control 1 face-up "Soul of the Pharaoh". Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 Level 2 or lower Zombie-Type Normal Monster from your hand, Deck or Graveyard, but you cannot Summon Effect Monsters for the rest of this turn. If a Level 2 or lower Normal Monster you control destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can Tribute that monster; Set 1 "The First Sarcophagus", "Order to Charge" or "Order to Smash" from your Deck or Graveyard. That Set card can be activated during this turn. If this card would be destroyed, you can send all face-up Normal Monsters you control to the Graveyard instead. This effect can be used only once while this card is face-up on the field.

Does a lot of things, but those things are in and of themselves fairly tame. Was a lot of fun to make, but don't necessarily hold high hopes for it come voting time.

#14 TheLaughingMan-JDS Ancient One Chivalrous Shark 15255 posts 227.00 XCB

TheLaughingMan-JDS

Posted 26 October 2015 - 12:47 PM

Mirror - Pretty cool effect, if a bit complex. Insta-kill Xyz is irksome.

OK, Shadow's Mirror was a little intricate as well, but... I don't know, something just puts me off of it. There's something about it I don't like, and it irks me that I can't put my finger on what that might be.

Shoulda called it Shadow's Mirrirk.

I would like to know what bothers you about it as well. D:

Here's some notes:
  • It's free from actual battle, except with Tokens and Monsters with effect immunity (Qlis, Burgesstoma for example). Or if Imperial Iron Wall or some such is present.
  • By replacing the banished with a mirror image Token clone, you're essentially erasing that monster's field/grave effects and any Archetypal support they may have had. Pendulum monster recycling is shut down hard.
  • Alone it won't lessen your opponent's field (unless battling already-backwards XYZ). So you'd need to have something else to deal with the Tokens. Remove Brainwashing to steal them, Vanity's Emptiness to keep them from being summoned at all, whatev.
  • It's effect to self-summon can be used for a quick XYZ if nothing else.
  • Twin Swords of Flashing Light - Tryce also combos well.

Edited by TheLaughingMan-JDS, 26 October 2015 - 12:49 PM.

#15 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4578 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 26 October 2015 - 01:03 PM

The fact it doesn't work the way you intend it to was part of why. It activates in the Battle Step, so will trigger a replay if it's attacking. (Its effect doesn't activate again for the replay, either.) The way you can Special Summon it from your hand seems pretty tacked on, and not all that thought out, also.

I'll admit the Remove Brainwashing combo is an interesting one, and not one I had thought of, but it doesn't sway my opinion of it.

#16 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 26 October 2015 - 01:35 PM

Personally if it didn't have to be Summoned in the same battle position, I would have liked it a lot more. Cause you can either use it to banish a card with a problem effect, and you can also essentially change its battle position so you can kill it in battle too. That's what I would have liked to see anyway. 

Still think it's a nice creation though. It doesn't irk me xD

#17 TheLaughingMan-JDS Ancient One Chivalrous Shark 15255 posts 227.00 XCB

TheLaughingMan-JDS

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:55 PM

The way you can Special Summon it from your hand seems pretty tacked on, and not all that thought out, also.

That's my bad. I was originally calling it Dark King's Mirror, as in Dark Ruler Ha Des, who has a monster-negating effect. :x

#18 Hypermaster117 Oldies WABIT SEASON 2117 posts 265.00 XCB

Hypermaster117
  • Interests:Anime, YGO, Vanguard, LoL

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:05 PM

Isnt the purpose of a retrain to create a usable version of the monster...?

Skullrider, Lion and whale I cant ever see being used. Granted whale is a very build around me card. 

Rider suffers terribly from being "too balanced" even if it was summonable from the grave it would never see play.

Lion seems terribly difficult to get out. I think banish beast support is pretty minimal. Really weak card honestly.

Jesse's card felt like powercreeped Volcanic Queen as mentioned so that was a turn off to me. 

Crab and zera are overpowered lol

which led me to voting for tlms card ._.

While card viability isnt everything I would actually like to see a retrain that is at least SEMI playable.

also bob your card has no lvl

#19 storyteller Oldies When a story comes to an end... 3365 posts 339.00 XCB

storyteller

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:30 PM

/*stuff*/

Summary: Hypermaster has an opinion on every card but mine.

#20 Hypermaster117 Oldies WABIT SEASON 2117 posts 265.00 XCB

Hypermaster117
  • Interests:Anime, YGO, Vanguard, LoL

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:37 PM

/*stuff*/

Summary: Hypermaster has an opinion on every card but mine.

oh yeah.

yours is unplayable 

*runs

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Yugioh, Contest, CAC, 10/25

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users