Photo
- - - - - 12 replies to this topic

Weekly Create-A-Card Contest

Yugioh, Contest, CAC, 10/11

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Poll: This Week's Contenders (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Place your votes!

1. Warrain (Ancient Creator of Mayhem/Unbinding Contract) (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

2. Storyteller (Faust Ephemeron/Eternal Opera) (1 votes [12.50%])

3. Stomach the MachoPony (Devastation, Total Emperor of Armageddon) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Exarion (Oya, Goddess of the Storm/Rain Dance) (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

5. Eel (Hungry Burger King/Perfect Burger Recipe) (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

6. TheLaughingMan-JDS (Lucifuge, Minister of Midnight/Midnight Tribute) (1 votes [12.50%])

Vote

#1 storyteller Oldies When a story comes to an end... 3365 posts 339.00 XCB

storyteller

Posted 11 October 2015 - 02:55 AM

Weekly Create-A-Card Contest!

Welcome to the weekly create-a-card contest!

Congratulations to TheLaughingMan-JDS, who won the contest on 9/27 with flaming-chain-saw-juggling Pelkot, the Des Juggler! This card is a pure monster on Normal Summons, starting off with a more-than respectable 2400 ATK, with the added advantage of being able to remove counters from the field to have a whopping 3600 ATK the turn it's summoned!

Previous Winners

Spoiler

The Rules

• Each member may submit up to one card each week.
  • Each round of the contest will last for one week.
  • The cards entered in a previous week's contest will be placed in a poll during the new week's contest.
  • Comments on the cards up for voting are encouraged, but not required
  • The winner of a round gets to decide the next open theme for the contest.
  • Be creative!

This Week's Contenders

Last week's theme was Ritual Monsters.

Spoiler

The Theme

I'm terrible coming up with themes, so I'm glad this is the last week I have to do it. Well, since we did Normal Summons and Rituals, how about a Fusion next? Fusions are much like the Rituals in that they were one of the few unique ways to be able to Special Summon monsters. They've long since left that niche, though, and the card originally responsible for all fusions - Polymerization - is rarely seen part of the game.

Make a card that makes Polymerization relevant.

Edited by storyteller, 28 October 2015 - 09:18 PM.

#2 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 11 October 2015 - 03:02 AM

Fusion Sanctuary

Spell/Continuous

When a monster is fusion summoned using "Polymerization", target 1 of the fusion material monsters: special summon  a monster from your deck with equal or fewer ATK.

As long as "Polymerization" remains in your graveyard, Face-up Fusion monsters you control cannot be destroyed by Card Effects. When this card is Destroyed, target one "Polymerization in your graveyard": add it to your hand and if you do, target one monster in your graveyard and special summon it.

Edited by Stomach The MachoPony, 11 October 2015 - 03:02 AM.

#3 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion
  • Interests:Just let me sleep.

Posted 12 October 2015 - 12:51 PM

Echo Polymerization

Normal Spell

Target 1 Fusion Monster in your Extra Deck that lists 2 card names as Fusion Material Monsters; banish 1 "Polymerization" from your Deck. Anytime during this turn's Main Phase(s), you can Fusion Summon monsters with that target's name by sending the Fusion Material Monsters from your hand, field or Deck to the Graveyard.

Ruling: You can use Fusion Substitute Monsters for the Fusion Summon (if in hand or field).

Edited by Exarion, 12 October 2015 - 04:58 PM.

#4 TheLaughingMan-JDS Ancient One Chivalrous Shark 15255 posts 227.00 XCB

TheLaughingMan-JDS

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:25 PM

Unsealed Fusion Organism
9* DARK/Aqua/Fusion/Effect
ATK: ? DEF: ?
2 Level 3 Monsters with different Attributes
The original ATK and DEF of this card is equal to the combined original ATK and DEF of the Fusion Material Monsters used to Fusion Summon it. You can discard 1 "Polymerization", then target 1 face-up monster on the field; equip that target to this card. This card gains ATK and DEF equal to the combined original ATK and DEF of the monster(s) equipped to it by this effect.

I was honestly surprised by how many ways there are to grab Poly from both Grave and Deck in this game, lmao.

EDIT: Now summonable by The Dark - Hex-Sealed Fusion and plenty of other shenanigans, though it'll have 0 ATK and DEF that way. At least until you start throwing out Polys. Monster Eye says Hi.

Edited by TheLaughingMan-JDS, 13 October 2015 - 07:28 AM.

#5 storyteller Oldies When a story comes to an end... 3365 posts 339.00 XCB

storyteller

Posted 15 October 2015 - 11:33 AM

Retrofitted Rewards!

Assuming the Cards Collection idea gathers enough support, I plan to offer the following rewards:

TLM-JDS, for winning the 9/27 contest, you may choose 3 packs from pre-Synchro era or 1 pack from pre-Xyz era to add to your collection.

Everyone else who participated in the 9/27 contest, you may pick 1 pack from pre-Synchro era to add to your collection.

(You can wait until you've finished drafting your pool if you're in the Draft Tournament... which I assume all of you are)

Edited by storyteller, 15 October 2015 - 08:28 PM.

#6 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5530 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 15 October 2015 - 05:16 PM

Polymerization Engine

Field Spell

If this card is activated: You can add 1 "Polymerization" from your Deck to your hand. During your Main Phase: You can discard 1 Spell Card; draw 1 card. You can banish 1 Fusion Monster from your Graveyard to target 1 "Polymerization", and 1 Fusion Material Monster that was used for a Fusion Summon, in your Graveyard; add them to your hand. If you activate this effect, this turn, you cannot Summon a monster with the same name as the monster that was banished for this effect. You can only use each effect of "Polymerization Reactor Plant" once per turn. 

Edited by Jesse, 16 October 2015 - 07:08 AM.

#7 BryceHarperFan Oldies Grand Ultimate Super Poster 2965 posts 424.00 XCB

BryceHarperFan

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:31 AM

As Seen On TV

Normal Spell Card

Activate only if there is a "Polymerization" or "Spell Shattering Arrow" in your Graveyard. You can only use 1 of the following effects of "As Seen On TV" per turn, and only once that turn.

• You can reveal 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck; banish 1 "Polymerization" from your Graveyard, then send the Fusion Materials listed on that card from your Main Deck, hand and/or field to the Graveyard; Fusion Summon the revealed monster. 
  • Target 1 Normal or Quick-Play Spell Card in your opponent's Graveyard; banish that target and 1 "Spell Shattering Arrow" from your Graveyard, then, this card gains the target's effect(s).
  • Banish 1 "Polymerization", 1 "Spell Shattering Arrow" and 1 monster from your Graveyard; target 1 monster your opponent controls: Equip this card to that monster. The equipped monster cannot be destroyed by battle or change its battle position. If the equipped monster is the only monster your opponent controls, your monsters can attack directly, and if they do, Spell/Trap cards and/or monster effects cannot be activated during that Battle Phase. During each of your opponent's Standby Phases: Halve the ATK of the equipped monster. (This ATK loss remains even if this card leaves the field or the monster becomes unaffected by card effects.)

Edited by EeL, 17 October 2015 - 02:35 AM.

#8 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 16 October 2015 - 02:22 AM

Retrofitted Rewards!

Assuming the Cards Collection idea gathers enough support, I plan to offer the following rewards:

TLM-JDS, for winning the 9/27 contest, you may choose 3 packs from pre-Synchro era or 1 pack from pre-Xyz era to add to your collection.

Everyone else who participated in the 9/27 contest, you may pick 1 pack from pre-Synchro era to add to your collection.

(You can wait until you've finished drafting your pool if you're in the Draft Tournament... which I assume all of you are)

so when and how can we claim these packs?

Edited by Stomach The MachoPony, 16 October 2015 - 02:22 AM.

#9 storyteller Oldies When a story comes to an end... 3365 posts 339.00 XCB

storyteller

Posted 16 October 2015 - 02:44 AM

Just tell me whenever, either in thread or in PM.

You can also leave them unclaimed as long as you like.

I may make an Unclaimed Rewards thread in the future, where this could all be in one thread.

Edited by storyteller, 16 October 2015 - 03:09 AM.

#10 storyteller Oldies When a story comes to an end... 3365 posts 339.00 XCB

storyteller

Posted 17 October 2015 - 01:53 AM

Roughly 24 hr warning before I pull the plug on this week's contest.

#11 BryceHarperFan Oldies Grand Ultimate Super Poster 2965 posts 424.00 XCB

BryceHarperFan

Posted 17 October 2015 - 11:51 PM

DAMN YOU STOMACH!

#12 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 18 October 2015 - 05:03 AM

DAMN YOU STOMACH!

what did i do?

#13 BryceHarperFan Oldies Grand Ultimate Super Poster 2965 posts 424.00 XCB

BryceHarperFan

Posted 18 October 2015 - 03:02 PM

DAMN YOU STOMACH!

what did i do?

You gave Exarion the tie breaking vote! Don't act all innocent that you stole this from me! I will defeat you in the tournament to prove a point!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Yugioh, Contest, CAC, 10/11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users