#1 6SAMS Oldies Six Samurai Enthusiast 3024 posts 126.00 XCB

6SAMS
  • Interests:Yu-Gi-Oh!- Six Samurai, Kozmo
    Doctor Who
    Persona
    Undertale
    Trombone

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:46 PM

Thought I might give the Deck Depot a little poke.

Deck.png

Kozmo

Monsters (22):

3x Kozmo Forerunner

3x Kozmo Sliprider

3x Kozmo Goodwitch

3x Kozmo Farmgirl

3x Juragedo

3x Maxx "C"

2x Honest

2x Ghost Ogre and Snow Rabbit

Spells (13): 

3x Kozmotown

3x Emergency Teleport

3x Mystical Space Typhoon

2x Dark Hole

1x Limiter Removal

1x Raigeki

Traps (5):

2x Mirror Force

2x Fiendish Chain

1x Torrential Tribute

Extra (15):

1x Leo, the Keeper of the Sacred Tree

1x Crimson Blader

1x Scrap Dragon

1x Clear Wing Synchro Dragon

1x Black Rose Dragon

1x Ancient Pixie Dragon

1x Ancient Fairy Dragon

1x Goyo Guardian

1x Armades, Keeper of Boundaries

1x Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon

1x Artifact Durendal 

1x Shark Fortress

1x Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer

1x Evilswarm Exciton Knight

1x Abyss Dweller

This is the deck I'm currently messing with in real life. Kozmos are pretty fun to play, and I like the whole hybrid deal between Oz and Star Wars. Kozmo support is confirmed for at least the next two sets, so they could potentially get really strong. 

My build at the moment is very OTK based, running 3 MST and 3 Juragedos, along with 2 Dark Holes and a Raigeki. Against an open field, having Farmgirl, any other Kozmo, and a Juragedo means an OTK. 3 Maxx "C's are due to the fact that you almost always want to go second, and drawing combo pieces is pretty important.

For those unfamiliar with the archetype, Kozmos revolve around the ability to float into other members of the archetype.

-Farmgirl is lvl 3, 1500/1000, and can banish herself on either player's turn to summon a level 4 or higher Kozmo from the hand. It can also search any Kozmo card by paying 500 LPs when it deals battle damage. 

-Goodwitch is lvl 4, 1800/1000, and can banish herself to summon a level 5 of higher Kozmo from hand. For 500 LPs, she can flip an opponent's monster to face-down defense position.

-Sliprider is lvl 5, 2300/800, and when summoned you can choose to destroy a spell/trap on the field. When it is destroyed by battle or card effect and sent to the graveyard, you can banish it to summon out a lvl 4 or lower Kozmo from deck.

-Forerunner is the boss monster of the deck, being lvl 7 and 2800/1400. It cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects, and restores 1000 LPs every Standby Phase. Like Sliprider, when it is destroyed and sent to the grave you can banish it to summon a lvl 6 or lower Kozmo from deck.

Standard combos include attacking with the smaller monsters, then tagging into the bigger monsters while still in the battle phase for more damage, or to dodge things like Book of Moon. A big plus is that the small ones can tag into the big ones on either turn. 

Their field spell card, Kozmotown, is quite powerful. While it does not boost any stats, it allows you to return any Kozmo monster from the banished zone to your hand, then you pay LPs equal to its level x 100. In addition, if needed, you can shuffle any number of Kozmo monsters from your hand into the deck and draw the same number of cards. If Kozmotown is destroyed, you can search any Kozmo card from your deck and add it to hand, including another Kozmotown. This makes it hard for your opponent, because just destroying it does not really do anything. 

Emergency Teleports are important, as the little Kozmos are both Psychic-type. E-Tele can summon out a Farmgirl from deck, and you can attack and search with it, or just use it to bring a bigger monster on board. It can also bring out Ghost Ogres for quick synchro summons, since they are tuners. The rest of the spells and traps mostly are to get rid of threats and to open the field for OTKs, and Limiter Removal can double all the Kozmo spaceships' attack. 

Extra deck is not as important however, since you usually don't need it. Synchros are a good option to make with Ghost Ogre if needed, and Ancient Pixie/Fairy Dragon synergize well with the use of the field spell. Ancient Fairy Dragon can pop your own Kozmotown, gain 1000 LPs, search another copy, and allow Kozmotown's search effect to go off since it was destroyed. The other extra deck monsters are mostly just options based on what you have out. 

Questions, comments, and suggestions are welcome.

#2 Hypermaster117 Oldies WABIT SEASON 2117 posts 265.00 XCB

Hypermaster117
  • Interests:Anime, YGO, Vanguard, LoL

Posted 28 September 2015 - 09:39 PM

run a ptolmaeos, pleiades, cowboy, and diamond cus theyre useful? 

do kozmo really need mst? there's no specific floodgate game 1 that bothers your and your deck isnt very afraid of any backrow either. 

I would also play BTS over chain to deal with some problem monsters like Dweller on your turn. 

would also rather use bottomless and warning over mirror 

what're you siding?

also consider running one copy of 7 star sword it's nice

#3 6SAMS Oldies Six Samurai Enthusiast 3024 posts 126.00 XCB

6SAMS
  • Interests:Yu-Gi-Oh!- Six Samurai, Kozmo
    Doctor Who
    Persona
    Undertale
    Trombone

Posted 28 September 2015 - 10:01 PM

Don't have Pleiades or Diamond, but I suppose I could try to pick them up. Can probably also fit in a Cowboy somewhere, Extra deck keeps changing since I don't use it much.

In general I've seen OTK based builds and trap based more grindy builds. MST usually helps me get rid of things if I want to push for game early. My friend also suggested the same thing though, so I'll test some without MST/less MST. 

TBH this is kinda an old build so IDK really what people run nowadays. Which is why I posted it here, I can move things around like the Fiendishs and Mirror Forces.

Side isn't fully formed yet, but has the usual Decrees, Retaliating "C"s, Lanceas, Flying "C"s, etc.

Will test 1 Sword as well.

EDIT: Current testing material: Terraformings, Instant Fusion w/ Norden, less MSTs moar traps, 1 Sword of Seven Stars

Edited by 6SAMS, 28 September 2015 - 11:54 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TCG, Advanced, Real Life, Kozmo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users