February 10th, 2015

-------------------------------------------------------------------

248.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------

Gaddock Teeg

GW

Legendary Creature - Kithkin Advisor {Lorwyn}

2/2

Noncreature spells with converted mana cost 4 or greater can't be played.

Noncreature spells with X in their mana costs can't be played.

----------------------------------------------

Gaddock Teeg. One of possibly the most annoying commanders to deal with, unless you run cheap spells, then it shouldn't be a problem right? Against white? I doubt it. In multiplayer commander, you better be ready for a beatdown because everyone on the table is going to want to remove you as quick as possible. It's similar to Thalia in a way that she's annoying to deal with and typical you don't see Thalia run as a commander else your opponents know what you're bringing to the table, however, I don't consider Thalia as much as a threat as Gaddock, but when both combined, then things get interesting. White has tons of removal (Oblivion Ring, WoG, etc) and control (Ghostly Prison, Shackles, Silence) and green has the search and draw potential. The deck I built around him ended tallying to about $400-$600, but it can go higher. It's mostly a fun, combo deck, but here is the decklist.

Spoiler

So you can kind of get the idea with the deck as it's for control and combos, though Blue does it better, but even against a white that does nothing but shut you down from casting anything, it's kind of pointless.

-So this is a preview of things to come. I want to return to the M:TG COTD but with different elements for discussion. Things like cards and where would they fit in certain formats or specifically talking about one card in one format or things like that. Any comments for improvement is welcome. I don't have a super cool graphic layout, but if someone wants to help me with that, I'd be grateful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users