Photo
- - - - - 36 replies to this topic

Dragonball Xenoverse

DBZ, custom characters, game and 2 more...

• Please log in to reply

#21 Bardon Team XC (つ˚Д˚)つ 517 posts 161.00 XCB

Bardon
  • Interests:Anime, games, forums, martial arts, arts and design, encoding, music....living life as i should be! ;3

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:10 PM

Yay we match <3

How is your friendship with him at max if you're still stuck at that Z-soul request? o-o

He ended my training and gave me a final flash, but the way he sent me off......dayum.... He was like "Your training is now complete, as of this moment I am kicking you out. You are now my enemy."  xD

Though I get the feeling it didn't end entirely, because when I talked to him again he asked if I wanted to train again. (basically 3 sparring matches/tasks again, dunno if different)

But yeah I did hear once that you'd acquire his costume if your training is completely maxed out.

#22 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:26 PM

yeah i finished training with Piccolo and got Special Beam OHKO Cannon

yeah with my current build it straight up OHKOs Frieza's minions and Saibamen 

also you nerds and your Saiyans, i'm just chillin with my Majin Chick :3

i started "Training" with Hercule cuz i couldnt find vegeta or krillin anywhere (and i havent unlocked cell yet)

LV29 finishing up some more sidequests before moving on past the cell saga. Currently i have Recoome Eraser Gun, Energy Charge, Big Bang Attack and Double Sunday with Special Beam Cannon and Energy Blast Volley as my ultimates. i also have Vegeta's Z Soul "I am the Strongest on Earth!" which at low-ish health lets me use any supers without using Ki (so if i time it right i can launch anything from 2-4 Special Beam Cannons right into someone's face, THAT does a hell of a lot of damage)

#23 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:42 PM

I think my friendship is at max because I used Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta a lot? Idk. I was him, both my partners were him... Idk. And I used Galick Gun as my main source of damage for ages.

Stomach, are you on PS4? You know that's the exact Z-Soul I'm looking for... :'(

You could like, gift it to me, and I'll gift it back!

Also, here are the two outfits I use. GT Trunks looks really good in the cutscenes, but in this image it looks like his scarf is choking the poor girl. xD

Spoiler

#24 Bardon Team XC (つ˚Д˚)つ 517 posts 161.00 XCB

Bardon
  • Interests:Anime, games, forums, martial arts, arts and design, encoding, music....living life as i should be! ;3

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:22 PM

Guys........

Spoiler

Btw:

GT Trunks looks really good in the cutscenes, but in this image it looks like his scarf is choking the poor girl. xD

Totally agreed on the scarf thing since I also have a "problem" with how my character has a bow knot behind his neck. >.>

And for the record, when you say trunks in cutscenes you're referring to the one in time patrol right? If yeah then thats actually the trunks we know from the future (androids arc), not the baby trunks who grows up into GT one. :P

Edited by Bardon, 01 March 2015 - 02:39 PM.

#25 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:42 PM

And for the record, when you say trunks in cutscenes you're referring to the one in time patrol right? If yeah then thats actually the trunks we know from the future (androids arc), not the baby trunks who grows up into GT one. :P

Lol, I meant me wearing the GT Trunks upper body suit.

And DAMMNN that suit looks awesome.

#26 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:51 PM

#27 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:13 PM

Aaand Story Mode is complete.. Can't remember what level I was. I think somewhere between 50 and 60.

That was really fun. Shame that Mira isn't a playable character. I thought he would be

I created a Frieza's Race guy, except he's Level 1... I keep all my skills but he's so weak! I think for now I'll stick to my Saiyan. Really want to get to Level 80 now.

#28 Bardon Team XC (つ˚Д˚)つ 517 posts 161.00 XCB

Bardon

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:44 PM

At level 48 and can't for the life of me, beat Beerus and Whis.

I think its silly how the story mode expects us to be seriously on par with literal deities. :P

Even more so when we refuse help from them in taking out Demigra. (though I admit, getting someone else to OTK the main villain is clearly cutting our relevance in the story a bit short xD)

The PQs are also becoming harder and harder. A few of them are almost impossible to complete without either relying on broken Z souls, or leveling ourselves up so damn high that getting repeatedly hit by double ultimate blasts from 2 super saiyans and fighting 30 miniature fat buu wouldn't seem so scary and threatening to your character. >___>

#29 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:28 PM

Hahaha, I know right. It's funny because I said that "I know how to play the game now" after the Buu Saga. And then that battle with Beerus and Whis came up. Truth is, it's impossible to know how to play this damn game xD.

I noticed Beerus did a crapton of damage, so I focused him first. I went Super Saiyan and spammed the crap out of Final Flash.

Speaking of which, I obtained 7 Dragon Balls, and wasn't sure what to wish for. I thought about getting Gogeta SSJ4, but actually I love using my own character, so I went for the re-spec points. Instead of 78 points in Strike abilities, I have 100 points in Blast abilities. The rest is spent completely on Stamina and Ki.

But I don't know how much Stamina/Ki I want, so I've still got like 30 points left over. I'm thinking 7 bars of Stamina, which allows me to use my Evasion Ability as well as staying invincible when using my Final Flash.

My biggest issue is deciding whether I plan on using Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Super Vegeta, etc. I don't really know the difference other then Super Saiyan lasts the longest. Maybe I should do offline 1v1 to test the strength of them. After that I'll know if I need more Ki, or if I can have more Stamina.

Lastly, I finished the training of Vegeta, Krillin and Ginyu. Not sure who I'll do next. Maybe Android 18?

#30 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:27 AM

Btw guys, this is semi-unrelated, but kinda related too:

It's about Frieza: Fukkatsu no F.

So... Golden... Frieza?

#31 Bardon Team XC (つ˚Д˚)つ 517 posts 161.00 XCB

Bardon

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:00 PM

The problem I've seen in 2 vs 2 battles is the lack of coordination between AI characters. Its something basic enough that should've been well developed, yet its too inconsistent.

Most of the time when you want to specifically go after a certain target early on, the other partners of said target would either keep you occupied or persistently chase you while you're trying to attack him and then suddenly it turns into a 1 vs 2 situation with your partner inconveniently fighting the target itself. (while getting his/her own posterior kicked)

Speaking of further inconsistency, its sad to see a new movie (that I initially assumed would be awesome) ended up being so full of em. And yes this ain't the first DBZ movie to have em either, but not the point. xD

So apparently the hype behind Frieza's evolution was highly exaggerated. What everybody expected something similar to how Cooler transformed (aka something badass) instead is merely a golden tan. Also still no explanation why Goku/Vegeta don't become Super Saiyans in the entirety of this fight.

Back to Xenoverse though, the game is now more integrated with Steam via having Trading cards/Badges added. It was highly demanded in Naruto games, so it would seen NamcoBandai finally listened. :X

Currently I'm training with Android 18, she's okayish and way easier than Cell was. (pretty sure she became available the same time as Cell)

As soon as I'm done with her, I'm going after Gohan/Videl. They're the only literal pair of mentors that train you together. :D

I need 3 more dragonballs before I'll ever get to make a wish and atm I'm thinking of changing my character's looks a bit more, specifically his hair. As a super saiyan, it stays just as flat and kinda awkward to look at. xD

Spoiler

Oh and I also have my new favorite outfit now, kinda suits him better than the GT trunks one. :P

#32 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:23 PM

I'm training with Frieza now. I'm actually level 73. Didn't even realise it. I think that means that I should be able to find Goku/Beerus around.

Death Beam is really fast, which I like. It's not weak either, so I can spam it in Super Saiyan if I have to. Frieza also gave me a Strike move which I didn't plan on using, but actually, it can hit people flat on the floor, which just means more damage.

I grinded my ass off today, getting two specific Z-Souls, which allowed me to mix some stuff, and now I'm using Super 17s Z-Soul. Each time I take damage, I gain more Ki. More than usual. It isn't that much, but it just means Maximum Charge isn't my only means to getting Ki.

I lose a little bit of damage on Final Flash, but I think sustaining Super Saiyan is far more important.

I CAN'T BEAT KID TRUNKS' QUEST. IT'S INCREDIBLE. I don't know how I managed to beat Goten's, but I did. But Vegeta refuses to get hit by my ultimate attack and just beats me up the second it's over. Even when I do kill Vegeta, Trunks somehow manages to destroy me. And, unsurprisingly, if I kill Trunks too, then Goku is waiting. And by that point I have no health potions left.

Btw, gotta say, your character looks awesome. Sure, Super Saiyan is weird when the hair doesn't spike but I like the look of that guy. I really have to know what happens if you're wearing Hercule's Wig. I'm gonna test that out.

#33 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:17 PM

Yeah i REALLY want Super 17s soul, i'm using Android 19s at the moment which is like Super 17s only slightly weaker

i also want Super Vanishing Ball (planet burst) but after like 20 runs of that PQ it dosen't look like thatl be happening :/

Reached level 80 today currently i have 2 setups

1. Crusher Ball, Recoome Eraser Gun, Vanishing Ball, Maximum Charge, Special Beam Cannon, Perfect Kamehameha, Dimension Cannon

2. Recoome Eraser Gun, Vanishing Ball, Solar Flare, Maximum Charge, Body Change, Perfect Kamehameha, Dimension Cannon

the second one is for online battles body change is lulzy if you can get it off and Solar Flare having a 2-4 second stun helps that immensely 

i have like 93 Ki Supers and 80something Ki so yeah i'm focused on Ki Damage and Ki Energy. i also now have 5 Dragonballs. idk what to wish for if i go for the other 2 tho i could go for Gogeta or i could go for those Z Souls. or i could reset my stats and find a different build idk.

#34 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 12 March 2015 - 04:12 PM

And i just had my first encounter with a hacker

at first it was fine we had a good fight i took some of his health off and he got me down to low health. i managed to somehow land a body change and bring him to like a tiny bit of HP

then he "Somehow" got back all his HP, and had infinite block, stamina and took no damage from anything even his own ultimate i used couldnt do anything to him.

#35 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:13 PM

You sure he didn't have Omega Shenron's Z-Soul, or Perfect Cell's?

He also probably used an item, no?

#36 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:59 PM

ok yeah he couldve used an item but i dont think he had perfect cell's Z-soul or omega shenrons

the restoration of health isnt what bothers me, its the absolutely invicible afterwards that does

also

Spoiler

Edited by Stomach The MachoPony, 12 March 2015 - 08:00 PM.

#37 Bardon Team XC (つ˚Д˚)つ 517 posts 161.00 XCB

Bardon

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:26 PM

And the best part? It has the potential to be timeless. Any future additions of characters, maps, quests etc can be added as DLC. (like the season pass)

Spoiler

http://www.dragonbal...lc-2-3-updates/

Edited by Bardon, 31 March 2015 - 07:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users