Photo
- - - - - 36 replies to this topic

Dragonball Xenoverse

DBZ, custom characters, game and 2 more...

• Please log in to reply

#1 Bardon Team XC (つ˚Д˚)つ 517 posts 161.00 XCB

Bardon
  • Interests:Anime, games, forums, martial arts, arts and design, encoding, music....living life as i should be! ;3

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:54 AM

DragonBall-Xenoverse-Character-Creation-

Dragon Ball XenoVerse (officially abbreviated as Dragon Ball XV) is a video game based on the Dragon Ball media franchise. It is released on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and will be released for Microsoft Windows via Steam. Players can create characters from multiple races, with the ones available being Saiyans, Namekians, Earthlings, Majins and Frieza's currently unnamed race. XenoVerse is the first Dragon Ball game released on some eighth generation consoles as well as being the first to get a PC release. It is also the third Dragon Ball game to feature character creation. The first being Dragon Ball Online, the second being Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi.

http://www.dragonballxenoverse.com

http://store.steampo...?snr=1_7_15__13

#2 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:26 AM

Fuk all the good games not coming to Wii U :(

at least it'l be on steam so i can play it

#3 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5530 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:35 AM

Man, I really can't decide who I want to make first...

Female Saiyan? Frieza's Race? Namekian?

I don't think I'll be able to decide in advance, but I don't think I'll be starting off with a Majin. I think I'll likely be going for a Human or Saiyan, but aside from the fact that a female Super Saiyan is awesome, I don't know if I'll pick female. I usually do, though, in most games I play. I'll see D:

---

The combat in this game I haven't quite been able to see properly. When I see others play, they are getting like 30-hit combos and that seems to be it? I hope that's not all it is.

#4 Bardon Team XC (つ˚Д˚)つ 517 posts 161.00 XCB

Bardon
  • Interests:Anime, games, forums, martial arts, arts and design, encoding, music....living life as i should be! ;3

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:31 AM

As much as I want to play as a human, I find it silly how the kaioken technique is generically spread to all of the races.

It sort of kills the only extra thing that they could've had as compared to the others and their extra perks/abilities. :/ 

#5 Sun Ancient One Pirate 2430 posts 126.00 XCB

Sun
  • Interests:Cake

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:46 PM

Anyone play dragonball z battle of z, hope the game play is as good or better

#6 Bardon Team XC (つ˚Д˚)つ 517 posts 161.00 XCB

Bardon

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:08 AM

Anyone play dragonball z battle of z, hope the game play is as good or better

Tbh Battle of Z and Ultimate Tenkaichi both seemed like experimental games. Ultimate tenkaichi had OVER 9000 repetitiveness, while battle of Z had no local multiplayer.

#7 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5530 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:53 PM

Seems that the final trailer was released.

---

All the reviews of the game have been pretty damn good. Apparently levelling your character is a grind, the stages are small, and there isn't a lot of destruction effects. I can't find any other negative things said about the game.

I don't actually know how much impact levelling your character has on the total game. Surely if you want to play a quick game online it won't matter. If that's even a game mode. I don't know.

Small stages are potentially pretty significant. Hopefully people are just being pedantic bandwagoners, but I'd like a bit more space than the usual World Tournament stage.

Destruction effects? Eh, honestly I never really cared for that, personally.

---

So I think I'm about ready to pre-order the game for the PS4. SSJ4 Vegeta is cool and all, but I'm literally just pre-orderinig because I really want to play it. x)

#8 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:44 AM

so getting this on steam no doubt in my mind now

let's hope this Strange Festive Shotgun sells for enough to get it (or put a large dent in its price)

#9 Bardon Team XC (つ˚Д˚)つ 517 posts 161.00 XCB

Bardon

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:31 PM

The impression I'm getting here is that they've made the stage sizes similar to how the new naruto games have had. Pretty sufficient for 1v1 battles, but kinda cramped for 3v3 battles. (though the latter might've been intentional)

I heard a rumor that local multiplayer is restricted to tournament stage only, but that doesn't make much sense.

Trailer is nice but their promotion is kinda weak. There is no discount in buying the so called bundle on steam, its LITERALLY the combined price of both the season pass (which won't have full specifics or be released till march) and the actual game.

Pre-purchase bonus is also silly, why pick one of those characters to be exclusive that would make the game incomplete for those who aren't able to get it on time? =.=

It should've been something.....Idk......SPECIAL, like a character that has nothing to do with the base game in general and is just there to show off? (maybe one taken from another game)

Now having said all of that, I just bought it....but WITHOUT the season pass. :P

Edited by Bardon, 17 February 2015 - 05:32 PM.

#10 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5530 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:57 PM

It should've been something.....Idk......SPECIAL, like a character that has nothing to do with the base game in general and is just there to show off? (maybe one taken from another game)

In my opinion, it should have been SSJ4 Broly.

SSJ4 Vegeta was pretty important to the main story so I'm not too sure why he's a bonus. Oh well.

#11 Bardon Team XC (つ˚Д˚)つ 517 posts 161.00 XCB

Bardon

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:24 AM

DRAGONBALL XENOVERSE IS OUT!!! AND THE GAME IS EVERY BIT OF WHAT IT WAS HYPED TO BE!!

.........But at the same time, that hype was literally too much for it to handle. xD

According to most players from steam, gamefaq and even PSN/Xbox (including myself), the game apparently now has WAY too many peeps than originally expected. So the Xenoverse server has been constantly having hiccups because of this and it is causing problems in the online portions of the game.

And some believe that the server may be a combined one because of this "coincidentally" happening to PS3/4 and Xbox users too. :X

Links:

https://twitter.com/dbxenoverse

http://www.gamefaqs....overse/71292890

http://community.us....g/td-p/44995402

http://www.reddit.co.../server_issues/

http://steamcommunit...70/discussions/

Another sad thing is, this game lacks the option to choose if you wanna play offline without the server related features. (for now)

Only workaround atm to playing single player and local multiplayer is either d/c your net when launching the game, or play it by having steam in offline mode.

#12 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:17 PM

i like how your post has nothing about the game itself besides faults

anyay IT KICKS ASS no really, ive spent most of yesterday on it and i'll be hopping on soon again i already beat the saiyan saga and the ginyu saga just have to beat frieza now. quests are awesome the customization is fantastic and overall i really enjoy the game the controls are a little wonky though like having virtually no control over your dragon dash or having to double tap a button quickly to descend

#13 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5530 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:27 PM

To be fair, he did state that it met the hype. That's quite a good compliment.

The server has in fact been annoying me all day though. I really want to play online, because playing with others is more fun than computers. It's really annoying when you're doing a 3v3 match and the enemies focus only you. I'm not good at the game yet. How am I supposed to take on three enemies at a time? When they hit me, I can't hit back. The second I try to, I'm hit with a Kamehameha from whoever else is there. I just stand no chance. And my stamina goes down too quickly if I try to teleport away. At least when playing with others, everyone can take one opponent and not have to worry about that issue.

But this game is amazing. The server allowed me to join the multi lobby today, for the second time. It was just pure fun, walking around the city, looking at all the cool characters that people had made, trying to do the fusion dance with as many people as possible, trying to set up a five-way Ginyu Force dance, trying to communicate with the limited options for speaking...

Slowly but surely I'm getting better and progressing at the game. I'm Level 35 or something around that. I began the Buu Saga. I've got a few skills, including Kaioken and Super Saiyan (still haven't tried it though). I have 5 Dragon Balls. I did a 50-something hit combo with Frieza... Crazy stuff.

---

One thing I REALLY have to talk about is the Story Mode.

Absolutely gorgeous visuals. When games like The Order: 1886 are coming out nowadays, it seems ridiculous that you could doubt the visuals of an anime game, but I certainly had a few. There are a few different art styles that have been tried, but this one is like a super-HD anime. The English Dub doesn't sync with the lip movements, which is sad, but I don't really care. The biggest issue I have with the translations - because I'm assuming this doesn't happen in Japanese - is that everyone seems to think I'm a male. "Is he with you?", "Wow, he's strong", "Check out his power", etc. I'm a female Saiyan. You should refer to me as "she."

The story itself. It's pretty good. For a Dragon Ball video game, it's a huge change, and it's about time. I'm in the Buu Saga and - spoiler alert - I've only had to do about 15 fights to get there. There aren't that many fights to do, so sagas are over pretty quickly.

Except "quickly" would be the complete wrong adverb to use in this situation. My absolute FAVOURITE thing about this game is that it does something I've never seen before, personally. It may exist, but I haven't played a game that achieves this, so this is a big thing for me. The story mode is so difficult that you have to do Parallel Quests to level up. Now, a lot of people think this is a "grind", but I don't at all. Well, technically, it is exactly a grind. But I certainly don't see the negative connotations with the word in this game. A lot of people, including myself, wanted to just finish the story mode, and then think about multiplayer. At first I thought that Parallel Quests were just in the way of the story. But actually, I'd almost be happy with just a game based on PQs alone. This wasn't always the case. As I said, I thought they were just in the way of the story. Had I completed the story ASAP, I'd look at the PQs and play a few, and a few more and then I'd assume I'd get bored. I mean, what would be the point of completing them anyway, except for being a completionist? By making these quests crucial to progress with the story, I had to learn everything the game had to offer.

Dragon Age: Inquisition had a fantastic Multiplayer mode. I played it a few times, but there was nothing drawing me in. I just wanted to see what it was like. Yes, it was still my Game of the Year 2014, but that's just because of the main story. Honestly, the MP mode meant nothing to me. I've always been a "main story first, multiplayer second" kind of guy. But with Xenoverse, I have to be a "main story first, multiplayer first as well" kind of guy. Where the story mode would only be a few hours long, this increases that length by a huge amount. And it feels realistic too. You actually have to train your character, or you're no match for the next enemy. In other games, you just go forwards seven years and are miraculously stronger.

Whether Parallel Quests are fun or not is a different discussion (I totally think they are), but I've never seen a game force me into what seemed to be a secondary mode. And it just so happened that I would come to like it.

#14 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 28 February 2015 - 05:34 PM

35? damn son i just hit level 21 and i'm just finished the Frieza Saga

#15 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5530 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:28 PM

Hahaha, yeah. The game was ready to play at 12am Friday, and I started at about 5am.

I'm trying to get one specific Z-Soul for a Vegeta Mentor Quest, but the game just won't give. Damn RNG. :(

#16 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:56 PM

damn you must have no life, i started like 1pm friday, bought it at like 12pm

also did you try the item shop?

Edited by Stomach The MachoPony, 28 February 2015 - 06:57 PM.

#17 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5530 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:36 AM

I never have a life when a new video game comes out... D:

I did, I don't know why it's so hard to get this thing. Maybe I'll check the shop again..

#18 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5530 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:26 PM

Still haven't got the item, but I was playing the main story again.

Nearly finished it, actually. I've learned how to play the game well now, and it shows. The Buu Saga was nowhere near as difficult as the others after that point. Super Saiyan changed everything. Man, I do some insanely powerful combos.

Not only that, but my current Z-Soul "Double it, but go no higher" is really powerful. And you can buy it in the Item Shop... It's crazy that using a Ginyu pose increases my attack power for a short while. While I wait for my Stamina to come back after Super Saiyan, I back off and use the pose, and get some decent damage off, and recharge my ki in the process, getting ready for another Super Saiyan.

Turns out, the grind isn't even that big. Which means that the game is even more fun, because I really want to start doing some more Parallel Quests and try out the new characters I've unlocked - especially Super Buu.

#19 Bardon Team XC (つ˚Д˚)つ 517 posts 161.00 XCB

Bardon

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:43 PM

To be fair, he did state that it met the hype. That's quite a good compliment.

^ Pretty much this.

I figured that'd be enough in a nutshell to describe what I think of the game. :P  *points at his steam profile*

Started playing it around the same time as jesse. xD

The fact that the server got derped from overload of users is actually a GOOD thing, because it shows that this game is indeed that big a deal. Aside from being the first DBZ game to arrive on PC, it also happens to be an mmo.

A freaking full fledged MMO! Even the single player stuff is fairly decent. I'm currently at level 32, getting my posterior kicked around in most of the parallel quests.......AND I LOVE IT! No really, its amusing how you're starting out so small compared to the base stats of most of the characters in the game, hell we're even weaker than Krillin. xD

Instead, we have to work our way up through all sorts of customizing and building up, which is what the game was mostly hyped on. The freedom to genuinely be your own person in the game and flaunting it to every other player online. I've been on multi-lobby too and its exactly as Jesse described: colorful and fun.

A game in which each player having their own combination of stats, looks and special moves to use against the other. And the best part? It has the potential to be timeless. Any future additions of characters, maps, quests etc can be added as DLC. (like the season pass)

Hahaha, yeah. The game was ready to play at 12am Friday, and I started at about 5am.

I'm trying to get one specific Z-Soul for a Vegeta Mentor Quest, but the game just won't give. Damn RNG. :(

I got it after 16 tries. =____=

Finished training with Vegeta and now moved onto having Cell as my mentor. xD lmao

(though its sad how our previous one gets upset everytime, veggie was certainly NOT happy :tears: )

Btw shameless plug on my character's appearance:

Spoiler

#20 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5530 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:55 PM

GT Trunks outfit <3. I started wearing that today as well.

Vegeta is the only person who gets properly angry. I left him for Cell, and I tried to go back and he was like "piss off!" xD. Quite soon after I got him again, but I left him for the same reason I left him in the first place: That damn Z-Soul -.-

His friendship is currently at max for me; he's the only one. He only said piss off once, he will accept me again whenever.

I'll get a pic of what my character looks like. But it will be a lame low-quality photo of my TV.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users