Photo
- - - - - 5 replies to this topic

Rito's 3D Models

• Please log in to reply

#1 Ritokure Oldies Friendships of people is the true magic 2502 posts 52.00 XCB

Ritokure
  • Interests:Obscure, Japan-only Action Playstation games, MegaTen, card games and ponies

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:40 PM

Hey there guys!

As some of you may know, I'm currently working at a school where I teach basic game development. Most of it is actually 3D modeling, so I've been practicing it quite a lot. :)

All models were created mostly using a combination of 3D Studio Max and ZBrush unless stated otherwise. Seeing how I mostly do this at work when I have some free time, so don't expect any professional work here. :P

First one, we have the Hihiiroikane Sword from Soukaigi (aka. this), my first project that didn't sucked.

Yes, the text in the blade is complete gibberish. :/

Spoiler

Second one we have Mizuho Sanae, which is a character from a possible future game project called Project Telos. Note that this one has been retopo'd, which means that it has a very small polygon count in comparison to the other 2. It was also, admittely, a pretty rushed job, 'cuz I had a deadline to show the model to my higher-ups.

Spoiler

Lastly, we have probably the best one: Jackman. Yeah, the weird fella down there in my sig, you prolly know him. This one I put a lot of effort into it, and it took me about a week to do the whole thing (and I still haven't retopo'd him).

Spoiler

There we have it! I intend to keep doing some extra models to keep practicing. My main intent is to go through the roster of my game (Duel Saga), making 3D models for the other 4 characters.

As always, any kind of comments is appreciated. :)

#2 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:28 AM

Oh this is cool. It's quite different to the work we usually get here. You're right, I think Jackman looks the best out of the three as well. How long have to been doing this?

#3 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion
  • Interests:Just let me sleep.

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:20 AM

Jackman's weird face is pretty loyal to the character. x)

#4 Ritokure Oldies Friendships of people is the true magic 2502 posts 52.00 XCB

Ritokure
  • Interests:Obscure, Japan-only Action Playstation games, MegaTen, card games and ponies

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:40 PM

Oh this is cool. It's quite different to the work we usually get here. You're right, I think Jackman looks the best out of the three as well. How long have to been doing this?

Thanks! I've been working at the school for about one year and a half. When I joined, I had some very basic know-how of 3DS Max but ZBrush was new for me. I had a few months to practice and got some training from the higher-ups before I could start lecturing.

Jackman's weird face is pretty loyal to the character. x)

Hahah, yeah. Jackman has been one of my most beloved characters since I first made him up when I was 9, and even back then he had the weird "mouth-beak" thing. Today, I really couldn't imagine Jackman done any other way. :)

Took me a whole day to make it work in 3D tho. XD

#5 Rothon Oldies The Key To Truth 2252 posts 44.00 XCB

Rothon

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:54 PM

these are rather cool,

as an engineering major I've worked with some technical 3d modeling, and i can imagine how tough some of these are to make.

#6 Ritokure Oldies Friendships of people is the true magic 2502 posts 52.00 XCB

Ritokure

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:28 AM

these are rather cool,

as an engineering major I've worked with some technical 3d modeling, and i can imagine how tough some of these are to make.

Thanks! It takes some time, but ZBrush does makes things far much easier. :) Thing is, ZBrush also makes things a mess for game dev, so there's the retopo process and that is literal hell.

Anyhows! I did some things on the last month. First off, I retopo'd Jackman's model. This reduced his poly count from 7 million to only 20.000. I think I could do 2 maps instead of one to improve the texture quality but I'm happy on how it turned out. :)

Spoiler

Second, I made the 2nd character from Duel Saga: Zach Johnson, the bully. This one took me technically only 4 days, but once again still didn't retopo'd him.

Personally, I still think his face looks a bit weird but that's probably because he lacks his trademark smug smile.

Spoiler

This one you guys may not know that well, so here's his sprite on the game for comparison:

Spoiler

As always, comments are appreciated! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users