Photo
- - - - - 9 replies to this topic

Card of the Day (OCG/TCG)

cards, ygo, tcg, ocg, daily and 1 more...

• Please log in to reply

#1 Bardon Team XC (つ˚Д˚)つ 517 posts 161.00 XCB

Bardon
  • Interests:Anime, games, forums, martial arts, arts and design, encoding, music....living life as i should be! ;3

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:22 AM

CARD OF THE DAY

Back-EN.jpg

With blessings from Setever, I decided to revive the "Card of the day" around here. Instead of dedicating a entire section to it (and Lord knows why a certain someone killed it completely), here's a somewhat small-scale version of the thing. It'll have one card each from both TCG/OCG on a per day basis, selected through a particular method which I still have to work out coz I sure as hell don't want selections to be COMPLETELY random. :P But anyhow, as done before......it will involve you peeps posting your comments/ratings on each card, assuming I can make em interesting enough for you to take a gander at them everytime.

So with all said and done, lets start out with these 2 lovelies:

TCG

MinervaLightswornMaiden-SDLI-EN-SR-1E.pn

Minerva, Lightsworn Maiden

Spellcaster/Tuner/Effect

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 LIGHT Dragon-Type monster from your Deck to your hand, whose Level is less than or equal to the total number of "Lightsworn" monsters with different names in your Graveyard. If this card is sent from your hand or Deck to the Graveyard: Send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard. During each of your End Phases: Send the top 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

A searcher, a tuner and an LS. Works nicely in pure LS builds, not so much in other variants but still useful. It was originally released with the intent to utilize the LS synchro (Michael the Arch-Lightsworn) and to also bring out Judgment Dragon much faster.

OCG

300px-AccelSynchron-SD28-JP-SPR.png

Accel Synchron

Machine/Synchro/Tuner/Effect

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

You can only Synchro Summon "Accel Synchron" once per turn. During your opponent's Main Phase, you can: Immediately after this effect resolves, Synchro Summon using this card you control (this is a Quick Effect). Once per turn: You can send 1 "Synchron" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard, then activate 1 of these effects;

● Increase this card's Level by the Level of the monster sent to the Graveyard by this effect.

● Reduce this card's Level by the Level of the monster sent to the Graveyard by this effect.

Welp synchrons are back again, somebody go call Sho-Shinjo! :P

A synchro summoned tuner, much like formula synchron.

Can easily manipulate level depending on what synchron you send from deck, and not sure if I'm reading this correctly but it also says that you could use this card to synchron summon............in your opponent's turn.

DAT ABUSE! x___x

But yeah, it just came out over a month ago on OCG, so kinda undetermined how soon we'll be facing this thing in our format. (inb4 insta-hit)

http://yugioh.wikia....ghtsworn_Maiden

http://yugioh.wikia..../Accel_Synchron

Edited by Bardon, 29 January 2015 - 04:43 AM.

#2 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:50 PM

I really wish your CotD blurbs were more than just stating what the card does. Actual articles/deck ideas/reasons it's relevant to the current meta would be more welcome.

It just feels very...rushed to me.

"BOOM HERE'S A CARD GUYS OKAY SEE YA"

There's no actual incentive to read this every day.

#3 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2446 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain
  • Interests:Games: video, and TCGs. TV, and sleeping.

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:11 PM

I don't care much for lightsworn myself... But that maiden is pretty good. And I know getting JD straight to the hand like that is almost a sure sign you should be able to summon it.

Accel though as I don't play ocg can't say much for how good it is, but in my synchro deck, that would be awesome... Combine it's effect with..... Forgot the name of the trap that let's you use your opponent's monster as material means you can steal away their best strategy...

#4 Hypermaster117 Oldies WABIT SEASON 2117 posts 265.00 XCB

Hypermaster117
  • Interests:Anime, YGO, Vanguard, LoL

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:07 PM

DB ISN'T DEAD.

Accel Synchron has the same quick tuning as Formula dunno why that's bad.

It's greatest strength is by milling junk synchron you get a Lvl 2 tuner synchro from a Lvl 5 synch AND it can also

be used with another 5 to make the amazing stardust warrior.

Also it's kinda funny how you think synchros can even begin to match up to Nekroz BA Clifford's Satellerknight and Shadolls ._.

Edited by Hypermaster117, 29 January 2015 - 11:07 PM.

#5 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5530 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:05 AM

*stuff*

Isn't that the sort of thing you should say via PM? Could easily knock his confidence for his first one. That said, I'm sure he'll take the criticism well and just take it on board for the next one. I don't think anyone here minds him experimenting with what works and what doesn't.

---

Minerva and Raiden really change the Lightsworn archetype, which is why they're my favourite of the bunch. Giving Lumina the ability to easily set up a Synchro Summon makes your turns more versatile. I love the ability of choosing between Synchro or Xyz, and Minerva, being a Level 3 Tuner, combines really well with Lumina to do just that. I'm not the biggest fan of playing Lightsworns, but it's not often you see a card released that makes you think "Damn. This is awesome."

As for Accel, I've never played those kind of Synchro decks, and probably never will, but it looks incredibly versatile. I really think versatility is healthy for the game. But sometimes they make it a little too powerful.

#6 Hypermaster117 Oldies WABIT SEASON 2117 posts 265.00 XCB

Hypermaster117

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:17 AM

Why do you people think Accel Warrior is so great xD

If you want to look at something probably too good Jet Synchron and Warrior are pretty ridiculous

#7 Bardon Team XC (つ˚Д˚)つ 517 posts 161.00 XCB

Bardon
  • Interests:Anime, games, forums, martial arts, arts and design, encoding, music....living life as i should be! ;3

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:20 AM

*stuff*

Isn't that the sort of thing you should say via PM? Could easily knock his confidence for his first one. That said, I'm sure he'll take the criticism well and just take it on board for the next one. I don't think anyone here minds him experimenting with what works and what doesn't.

I actually was hoping somebody would point it out to me whether this needed to be brief or full fledged article-ish. I chose the former because of not being able to recall much of the original CotD section other than their threads being relatively brief too.

The main reason why I started this again is because this section used to be a good way of highlighting particular cards that peeps may end up overlooking from time to time, or showcasing those that just got released. And the experiment bit is also true, I wanted to see if cutting it short would allow room for further content/discussion added by other peeps rather than just me alone doing all the talking. (which apparently does, albiet a bit late)

Now that this finally has some attention, I can proceed to post the next CotDs in a short while. (while taking note of the CnC provided)

Why do you people think Accel Warrior is so great xD

If you want to look at something probably too good Jet Synchron and Warrior are pretty ridiculous

Whoever said this was about their warrior versions? :P lol

#8 Hypermaster117 Oldies WABIT SEASON 2117 posts 265.00 XCB

Hypermaster117

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:55 PM

Oh I was just responding to Jesse but yah wutcha mean by warrior versions?

#9 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:44 PM

*stuff*

I wanted to point it out publicly in case someone disagreed. This is how the old CotDs worked all the time in the past and I personally thought they weren't doing well (except when MBP did them, but he's long gone). I mentioned this privately to the people that ran them before and nothing ever became of it. Two things are accomplished by pointing it out publicly:

1) OP is held accountable by other users if it goes ignored.

2) Those that prefer the brief method have a chance to speak up. I'm not involved in decisions around here anymore, I'm merely making suggestions. Other opinions should be heard.

That being said, I don't think the longer ones discourage discussion. I think they actually foster it better. They open up avenues of debate and allow readers to talk about your (hopefully) many points of discussion. It's one thing to show someone a card they haven't thought about and allow them to look into it and think up their own ideas. It's another to do the same thing while guiding their minds in specific directions. You show them an idea, they're likely to adapt it, perfect it, or completely reject it: all of which are valuable discussion here.

#10 BryceHarperFan Oldies Grand Ultimate Super Poster 2965 posts 424.00 XCB

BryceHarperFan

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:09 PM

What happened to the original version that was more in-depth? This is just copy and paste. Sloppy.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cards, ygo, tcg, ocg, daily, revived

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users