Photo
- - - - - 37 replies to this topic

Gerdat14's New ORAS Wonder Trade Run!

Pokemon, Omega Ruby and 4 more...

• Please log in to reply

#1 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2688 posts 159.00 XCB

Gerdat14
  • Interests:Dueling with YVD and playing illegal games with my blanket.. don't ask...

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:46 PM

So! Last time I did a Wonder Trade Run through X/Y, and it was fun. Easier than i thought it would be at the beginning, but much more grindy at the end of the game. This run promises to be much more grindy throughout although the new toys should help with that.

First! Rules!

Rule #1: All pokemon used in the run must be obtained from Wonder Trade. By used, I mean I have to use wonder traded pokemon for the entirety of the game, aside from getting my first party. Thankfully, I already have my first party, and am about to Wonder Trade them off.

Rule #2: In the event my party is unable to learn an HM that I NEED to progress the game at the time I NEED it, the run is over. This is a much more serious issue than before, because Now we NEED Dive to get to sootopolis and Waterfall to get to Evergrande City. I fully expect the run to die at after Gym 7, since even though i can now get Groudon, I'm likely to not have a diver with what people were wonder trading me tonight.

Rule #3: No Legendaries! Including the Latios! The moment i get him, he's going into the PC box and not coming out save for Soaring. If i get a Legendary through Wonder Trade, I'm to send it back through wonder trade, where it will likely turn into a wurmple because the other people hate me.

Rule #4: I'm allowed to catch other pokemon, but not USE them. Even for HM slaves. This is mainly in case the event that what happened last time happens again, I.E. Finding a Shiny Budew on my way to Gym 2. Or was it 3... prolly 3.

Rule #5: No Pickup Farming! This is a clause simply because I'm likely to get a Zigzagoon, and if I do, it's going to have Gluttony or Pickup. It's allowed to use Pickup, but then it must hold that item forever. This is so i don't have infinite money or max revives. Did I mention that Wild Linoone can hold Max Revives? It is neat.

I don't remember what other rules the... OH RIGHT! The Most IMPORTANT Condition EVER!

Rule #6!!: After every gym battle (ASAP) I will Wonder Trade off the entire team in preperation for the next Gym. This is one of the ways I hope to make it both fun and challenging. Although, more than likely I'll just end up with a party of 3 Zigzagoons, 2 Wingulls with Soak, and a Lvl 1 Charmander with Flare Blitz.

Okay then. First wonder trade is a go!

#2 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2688 posts 159.00 XCB

Gerdat14
  • Interests:Dueling with YVD and playing illegal games with my blanket.. don't ask...

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:06 AM

Um... Okay, I can live with this... I hope. I mean, I only have one usable pokemon, but all i need to do it get through Roxanne, right? Anyway, here is the team:

Leon

Kecleon

Lv: 30 with Psybeam, Ancient Power, Slash, and Camoflage. Oh, and Color Change because of course he has color change.

It could be worse! It could be a level 21 Kecleon with Scratch and bide... i think. Ugh

Abra

LV: 30 With Teleport. JUST TELEPORT. Oh, and Synchronize. So he can pass Stun spore from Shroomish onto Shroomish! Let's move on, please.

(Insert Japanese Characters I can't Read)

Goomy

LV: 23 With Absorb, Protect, Bide, and Dragonbreath. And Sap Sipper. Not bad, but 4 levels too high. Unreliable combat partner. I do Like Sap Sipper though.

Skarmory

LV: 16 With Pursuit, Sand Attack, Metal Claw (oh thank god!), and Air Cutter. And Keen Eye. Would've prefered her 2 levels lower with an iron plate, Expert Belt, or Metal Coat, but okay.

(Insert more Japanese characters that I can't read)

Ralts

LV: 3 With Ally Switch. And Synchronize. Yup... Built for Triple Battles, right here! Look at all the Triple Battles I'll win now... 

Pidgey

LV: 4 with Tackle. And Tangled Feet. WHERE THE HELL DO YOU Catch Pidgey in this game?!? Never mind he's the only pokemon I can use that can attack without trying to fall to sleep or wasting a turn, but someone please tell me what route he's on! 

So yeah, My team is borked, but I have faith in Skarmory and the power of the EXP share! See? Sharing makes everything better! Save me.

#3 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2446 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain
  • Interests:Games: video, and TCGs. TV, and sleeping.

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:17 AM

awesome. i've yet to wondertrade this game. bout to do it now...

#4 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4564 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:40 AM

Why the harsh if-I-can't-learn-a-necessary-HM-the-run-is-over requirement? Couldn't you simply just keep Wonder Trading off something (probably the last Pokemon you got) until you do get a Pokemon capable of learning it?

#5 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2688 posts 159.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:18 PM

Because there should be a definitive failure state, River. I'll admit, it is stupid. However, the alternative would be to wonder trade the entire team until i land a team with at least one member i can use. I might make that happen if the near impossible happens and i land a team that can't do Rock smash or dive when i need it, but it's something that i really don't want to bend on.

#6 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2688 posts 159.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:08 PM

Okay Roxanne is down, just swept the whole gym with Skarmory's Metal Claw. And I forgot that the Traded Folly effect takes place at 15 before the first badge. So She wanted to rip my neck out for most of it. Doing the wonder trade off now.

#7 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2688 posts 159.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:29 PM

Um... Okay then! Next Wonder Trade is done, and this is better, but more grindy. On the plus side, I only have 1 pokemon that want's to rip my neck off. On the down side, He's also the only one who's at/ above the level I'm supposed to be right now. I remember this problem from the X/Y run, and how Dragon rage saved me... Not Here Though!

Here's the new team:

(Insert yet more Japanese Characters I can't Read)

Pidgey

LV: 1 With Whirlwind, Twister, Feather Dance, And Pursuit. And Keen Eye. I'm confused if Skarmory can breed with Pidgeot, but I think Murkrow can as well, so that would explain Pursuit and Feather Dance. Tis Nice.

(Yet More Japanese Characters I Can't Read)

Heracross

LV: 1 With Leer, Horn Attack, Endure, and Rock Blast. And Guts. How the HELL do you get ROCK BLAST on Heracross?!? That is so odd... Should be nice though.

Psyduck

LV: 25 with Confusion, Water Pulse, Fury Swipes, and Screech. And Cloud Nine. Shame he's 25, cuz he'd be awesome V Brawly who's coming up soon. 

Zigzagoon

LV: 8 with Tackle, Growl, Tail Whip, and Sand Attack. And Gluttony. Why the hell does Zigzagoon get Gluttony? It's not like you WANT him to use the Sitrus berry early! GAH!

Lotad

LV: 2 With Astonish. And Swift Swim. The hell? How does one get a Level 2 Lotad? Just... How?

Zigzagoon

LV: 12 with Tail Whip, Sand Attack, Headbutt, and Baby-Doll Eyes. And Gluttony. Multiple Gluttonous Zigzagoon, Baby! YEAH! Gonna Headbutt the crap out of some Nincada and Shroomish! WOO!!!

So yeah, new team is okay, Zigzagoon the Second will be by EXP hog for a while. Interestingly, I'm still waiting on a full team of pickup users or multiple Wingull. Would be Hilarious. 

#8 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2688 posts 159.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:51 PM

Aaand Brawly is down. I forgot that Brawly isn't 18 in this game, and is instead 16. So Pidgeotto swept through with Gust. Yup, just gust. Will do the Wonder Trade update later tonight. Too cold in this damn basement.

#9 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2688 posts 159.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 07 December 2014 - 10:46 AM

STILL too cold in this damn basement, but I'm late enough as it is. Here we go!

Zigzagoon

LV: 5 with Tackle, Growl, and Tail Whip. And Gluttony. Because of course it has freaking Gluttony.

(Insert More characters I can't Read)

Wurmple

LV: 2 with Tackle and Sting Shot. And Shield Dust. At least they sent over one with brght powder. Love that item.

Caterpie

Lv: 2 with Tackle and String Shot. And Shield Dust. I thought Saterpie had Shed Skin or Stench as abilities? Oh well.

(Insert yet more characters I can't Read)

Dedenne

Lv: 1 with Tackle and Tail Whip. And Plus. Now if only someone had sent me a Klink with Minus! But they Didn't!

Medtie

Meditite

LV: 28 with Hidden power, Calm mind, Mind Reader, and High Jump Kick. And Pure Power. BOOM BABY! Gona OHKO Watsons whole team with mind reader HJK! Oh yeah!

Fiffyen

Poochyena

Lv: 5 with Thunder Fang and Howl. And Quick Feet. Really? You bothered to Wonder Trade the Event Poochyena? Seriously guys... that's not cool... But i do like him though.

So yeah, No ground types, and I don't think any of these guys can learn Magnitude. The Soft Sand is coming up, so if Meditite can, that would be amazing. But it's nap time again, and i still need to talk to Steven in Granite cave. Sleep well guys!

#10 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2446 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain

Posted 07 December 2014 - 11:20 AM

What event pooch?? And shield dust is caterpie's regular ability.

#11 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 07 December 2014 - 01:46 PM

as soon as you start the game when brendan/may  gives you a dexnav tutorial you fight a lv5  pooch with howl, thunder fang and quick feet ability i used it in my playthrough

Edited by Stomach The MachoPony, 07 December 2014 - 01:47 PM.

#12 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2688 posts 159.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 07 December 2014 - 04:14 PM

Actually, the ability can be either Quick feet or Run Away. My first run and this run both had Run Away.

#13 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4564 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:22 PM

It's also one of the elemental fangs at random, not always Thunder Fang. (I got Ice Fang on my second Alpha Sapphire, and I've heard many get Fire Fang.)

#14 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2446 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:07 AM

Oh that.. Well the fang is determined by which starter you choose.

#15 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2688 posts 159.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:41 PM

Okay! time for the Post Wattson update. I was terrified going into this gym because Wattson used to have a really nice Manectric and/or Magneton that would shock wave you to perma death. Now though... I really want Steel to Resist Dark again. Seriously, Mightyena at 24 2 shots everything he has with bite, and the only reason I'm that high is because all the trainers are Must fights thanks to static placements. Anyway, Team list before the wonder trade, since it's actually drastically different than what i started with finally.

Mightyena

LV: 25 with Thunder Fang, Snarl, Swagger, and Bite. And Quick Feet. Star player on this team, as having thunder fang allowed me to grind on... Magikarp. Yes, I did my early grinding on Magikarp to get everyone to post 10.

Beautifly

LV: 22 with Air Cutter, Mega Drain, Morning Sun, and Stun Spore. And Swarm. Two shot Brenden's Grovyle with Gust, and why does she get swarm but go without Silver wind till like, 30+? No point in it until you have a damaging bug move!

Butterfree

LV: 21 with Gust, Stun Spore, Sleep Powder, and Confusion. And Compound Eyes. I REALLY wish i could keep him for catching pokemon, as shinies and 3IV's I still want to catch. Sadness.

Dedenne

LV: 23 with Nuzzle, Charm, Parabolic Charge, and Charge. And Plus. I seriously want a Ground type pokemon with Minus/Plus now. Parabolic Charge promises to be a VERY powerful move in doubles. What is Dedenne's place in tiered doubles, anyway?

Meditite

LV: 32 with Hidden Power, Calm Mind, Mind Reader, and High Jump Kick. And Pure Power. Remember when i said I was gonna OHKO Wattson's team with High Jump Kick? Yeah, That fell out when he hit 30 while i was grinding on Minun, who is an amazing source of EXP at this point.

Linoone:

LV: 23 with Headbutt, Echoed Voice, Mud Sport, and Sand Attack. And Gluttony. My first plan was to use Linoone with Echoed Voice and a silk scarf and Mud Sport. But then i remember that Steel no longer Resist Dark.

Will do the Wonder Trade shortly.  

Edited by Gerdat14, 08 December 2014 - 01:47 PM.

#16 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2688 posts 159.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:09 PM

And Wonder Trade is done! Um... this is KICK-ASS! Love this team save for the trade that Linoone had... that was sad.

(More Japanese Characters I cannot Read)

Makuhita

LV: 12 with Focus Energy, Sand Attack, Arm Thrust, and Fake Out. And Think Fat. I remember my first R/S/E run using a Hariyama and loving it. Think fat is awesome against Flannery too, even though I'll likely skip over it for.

Tentacool (Insert bad ass Guitar Riff here)

LV 20 with Acid, Toxic Spikes, Water Pulse,and Wrap. And Liquid Ooze. FUCK YES! I've always loved the tentacool line since Gen 1. You know why? Because you could catch a Lv 45 tentacool while surfing, and have a level 46 Tentacruel solo bruno like it aint no thing. I will say I still haven't FINISHED Gen 1, ever, but it's always a memory I keep close ot me. Thank, and Getting a Kadabra upto 58 on an early GBC emulator. Was awesome.

(Still more Japanese Characters I cannot Read)

Zubat

LV: 9 with Leech Life, Supersonic, and Astonish. And Inner Focus. YES! Zubat is a terrilbe pokemon, but CROBAT is awesome as hell, and if i do Amie enough, I'm likely to get him since I'll do grinding to like, 25+ for the team. Should be awesome.

Chinchou

LV: 1 with Bubble and Supersonic. And Illuminate. People breed Chinchou? That is awesome! As one of my favorite GEN 2 water pokemon, I'm really loving this particular bridge. Sadly, I don't think I'll get Lantern. Maybe later..? (please)

(Yet Even More Japanese Characters I cannot Read)

Raticate

LV: 21 with Pursuit, Hyper Fang, Bite, and Quick Attack. And Guts. Most people would hate this land, but I like it. Raticate makes a decent off type sweeper, and Guts makes him all the better with Hyper Fang.

Zigzagoon

LV: 2 with Tackle and Growl. And Gluttony. WHY?!?! WHY DID I GET THIS FOR A LINOONE?!?! ARGH?!?!? And of course, more Gluttony. Because of course it's Gluttony. People apparently keep the ones with Pickup.

So yeah, aside form Zigzagoon, I'm loving this pick. Will try to get toLavaridge quickly and see what happens when my level 30 Tentacruel will simply water pulse Flannery all the way down to Goblin Slums. Should be off the chain hook. 

#17 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2688 posts 159.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:15 AM

Alright! Flannery is done and I'm in petalburg ready to cry my eyes out. Also: My I suggest a Panic! At the Disco Album? Maybe just a phase for me, but Fever you can't Sweat Out is kickass.

Anyway! Ending Team Summary! I cheated a little here, and got a few levels after beating flannery to Evolve a guy, but otherwise It's the same team I beat her with.

Crobat

LV: 33 with Wing attack, Confuse Ray, Air Cutter, and Poison Fang. And Inner Focus. Sadly, I didn't get him until after I beat Flannery, and I really wanted him too, as I love crobat. Did you guys know that the Pokemon-amie can give an increase to evasion? I think it's actually a percent bonus instead of a flat number increase, as it only ever proced on Flannery's Overheating torkoal. Still, kickass bonus.

Hariyama

LV: 33 With Knock Off, Bulldoze, Force Palm, and Fake Out. And Thick Fat. Liked having him again, but dear god is he slow. He apparently specs in HP and ATK, making him a great bruiser. Still gave him the soft sand though.

Tentacruel

Lv: 32 with Acid Spray, Poison Jab, Bubble Beam, and Barrier. And Liquid Ooze. I LOVE Tentacruel, although it's one of the weirdest pokemon when it comes to learnset. Naturally learns barrier, but has shit for Physical def. So very Odd.

Lantern

Lv: 29 With Bubblebeam, Confuse Ray, Thunder Wave, and Electro Ball. And Illuminate. Again, I love Lantern, but why oh why does he also spec into HP? It's just so weird to me to think of him as a HP tank, when I've always used him as a special sweeper. Yes, he's slow, but his movepool and abilities are decent... Okay, as least 2 of his abilities are decent.

(Japanese Characters I can't Read)

Raticate

Lv: 33 with Pursuit, Hyper Fang, Crunch, and Quick Attack. And Guts. I did not know that Raticate learned crunch so super early. And I do like Raticate, but I find myself staying away from him in favor of the less useful but more fun Linoone. Just my opinion, though.

Linoone

Lv: 28 with Headbutt, Baby-Doll Eyes, Rock Smash, and Sand Attack. And Gluttony. I don;t think he ever saw battle. I mean, I did grinding with Makuhita till he hit 20, then did some grinding with Chinchou till he hit 20, and went on with the story to beat flannery at 32. Meh.

On an unrelated note, Fuck Excadrill. At level 25 with a band, he can sweep my entire team with either Rock Slide or Earthquake. It is awesome, yes, but why so much raw power... or darfe I say, Sheer Force?!? It's a lame pun. I do those.

Will do Wonder Trade later today... hopefully. 

#18 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2446 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:57 PM

Oh let me get on and hopefully help. I try to take garbage off of wonder trade and release it...

#19 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2688 posts 159.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:41 PM

Aaand finished the wonder trading! And it's more awesome then last time... but also more difficult because I need to get everyone to like 36 to take on Norman's Slakings... damnit.

Summary!

Abra

Lv: 10 with Teleport. And Inner Focus. Also, they sent him with a Twisted Spoon. It's kickass, sure, but it makes me feel bad that I'm not sending Oran berries with everyone. And I would prefer Synchronize.

Rotom (yes, seriously)

Lv: 1 with Thunder Wave, Astonish, Thundershock, and Confuse Ray. And Levitate. I was not aware that Rotom could breed. It's awesome, but it dosen't count for my dex until just before Wallace! GAH!

Luvdisc

Lv: 15 with Take Down, Water Gun, Agility, and Charm. And Swift Swim. The irony of course it that i spent two full gyms or more grinding on them in the X/Y run, and now have to use him. Oh well.

Electrike

Lv: 11 with Thunder Wave, Leer, Howl, and Quick Attack. And Static. I do love me some Electirke/ Manetric, but I already have a Rotom! So I'm conflicted on who to try and get to 35 first...

Illumise

Lv: 13 with Play nice, Sweet Scent, Charm, and Moonlight. And Tinted Lens. Can we all agree that Tinted lens is a terrible ability and shouldn't be applied anymore? It's almost as bad as Damp, since It's limited to mostly bug type pokemon that land support roles regardless of their ability.

Gulpin

Lv: 13 with Yawn, Poison Gas, Sludge, and Amnesia. And Liquid Ooze. I ran a Swalot during an Early run of R/S/E. Was nice until it learned the Stockpile Trio alongside my Peliper. Looking Forward to PoisonShocking Norman to death with a mound of goo.

All in all... it's not terrible, but I'm probably going to end up grinding on Numels until i can get Kadabra. That or Magikarp. Fishing rods, to the rescue!

#20 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2688 posts 159.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:41 AM

Aaand Norman is down! By spamming Psybeam on Kadabra. Yup. Team Summary time!

Kadabra

Lv: 38 with Reflect, Recover, Psychic, and Psybeam. And Inner Focus. Sweep Sweep Sweep Sweep. Takes me back to Gen 1 and reminds me that Kadabra is still one of the best Trade evolutions ever.

Rotom

Lv: 32 with Uproar, Thunder Wave, Shock Wave, and Confuse Ray. And Levitate. I liked using him, but most of the time using him was grinding on Magikarp or various fliers. Shame i couldn't make him part fighting instead of Electric...

Manectric

Lv: 31 with Thunder Wave, Bite, Discharge, and Quick Attack. And Static. Took forever to get him to 30, and then i didn't use him during the norman fight. Sad, but Kadabra.

Swalot

Lv: 33 with Yawn, Venoshock, Sludge, and Toxic. And Liquid Ooze. Still like Swalot, but would like him better if he had either better Speed or Special Attack. 

Illumise

Lv: 33 with Struggle Bug, Sweet Scent, Zen Headbutt, and Moonlight. And Tinted Lens. Used him to kill a single Nuzleaf. I really do not care for Illumise or Volbeat. But I do Like Plusle/ Minun.

Luvdisc

Lv: 34 with Charm, Water Pulse, Attract, and Sweet Kiss. And Swift Swim. Aside form Heart Scales, what role does Luvdisc serve in Competitive Play? Like... seriously?

Will do the Wonder Trade Shortly. Yup yup. Oh! And I now have over 100 Oran Berries. Woot. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pokemon, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire, Wonder Trade, Gerdat14, Stupidity

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users