Photo
* * * * - 3 votes 44 replies to this topic

What are you playing or have played recently?

• Please log in to reply

#21 JoeTheSwap Ancient One Former Bossman of the XCG 4548 posts 61.00 XCB

JoeTheSwap

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:14 PM

@Cheese:

lol... Even I'm not in such a state (currently like 10 games pending on the PS3 after minor shopping sprees). It seems Steam can do such things to you... And I've only ever played Dota 2, Team Fortress 2 and Alien Swarm on it...

Also, here are some updates on games I've played or gotten since my last post here:

Spoiler

#22 6SAMS Oldies Six Samurai Enthusiast 3024 posts 126.00 XCB

6SAMS
  • Interests:Yu-Gi-Oh!- Six Samurai, Kozmo
    Doctor Who
    Persona
    Undertale
    Trombone

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:47 PM

For those who have played it: Is Persona Q worth it? I was thinking about buying it for Christmas.

#23 Hypermaster117 Oldies WABIT SEASON 2117 posts 265.00 XCB

Hypermaster117
  • Interests:Anime, YGO, Vanguard, LoL

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:52 PM

So I decided to actually play the Bravely Default demo in my 3DS. I'm pretty satisfied with it (finished it after 10h of gameplay).
Probably borrowing the full version from my lab friend soon. <.<

Also, yesterday I played Mario Kart DS with my DS friends at a mall (because one of them has just a DSi...). It's still pretty amusing. :3

I got the full version. I wasn't careful and got dunked on the first dungeon LOL

I need more people to abilink

#24 6SAMS Oldies Six Samurai Enthusiast 3024 posts 126.00 XCB

6SAMS
    Doctor Who
    Persona
    Undertale
    Trombone

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:35 PM

I never finished Bravely Default. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it a lot. I just didn't have a lot of time and I got to a ...certain part... that would require repetition and I wasn't too interested and never did get back into it.

#25 JoeTheSwap Ancient One Former Bossman of the XCG 4548 posts 61.00 XCB

JoeTheSwap

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:46 PM

I never finished Bravely Default. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it a lot. I just didn't have a lot of time and I got to a ...certain part... that would require repetition and I wasn't too interested and never did get back into it.

Word. Though I somehow got past that, and later got bored while grinding for the very last part.

(This also reminded me to add Bravely Default to my first post, which I forgot before).

#26 Joostdegrote Oldies The Dairy Man! 1046 posts 91.00 XCB

Joostdegrote
  • Interests:Sports, YGO from time to time, and just going out.

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:03 PM

Alright. I actually started playing final fantasy xxii-2 on the PC. Without a controller. Even tough the port for keyboard and mouse aintngreat I'm still enjoying it

#27 Emma Team XC TML's Secretary 1713 posts 72.00 XCB

Emma

Posted 24 December 2014 - 06:48 PM

Two things have happened recently that I'm absolutely loving since I don't have a console to play their other versions on: FFXIII and FFXIII-2 have been released through steam and Lightning Returns should be out either next month or in Feb.

#28 JinZ Ancient One The guy peeking through your window 4605 posts 17.00 XCB

JinZ

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:51 PM

Well, started The Witcher a few days ago. Planning to get through it and 2 before 3 comes out in May. While also playing Alpha Sapphire.

Actually, Bloodborne will take March/April, so that's the deadline for Witcher 2. :P

#29 6SAMS Oldies Six Samurai Enthusiast 3024 posts 126.00 XCB

6SAMS
    Doctor Who
    Persona
    Undertale
    Trombone

Posted 31 December 2014 - 07:52 PM

Just bought Persona Q with Christmas money. Now I can't put it down. D:

#30 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion
  • Interests:Just let me sleep.

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:57 PM

I'm so bad at Kid Icarus Uprising. =(

I'm playing a lot of Pokémon Art Academy these days. :3

#31 Gardevoir Oldies Rawr 611 posts 31.00 XCB

Gardevoir

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:53 AM

I've been trying to get all the trophies in the PS3 version of Shadow of the Colossus. Getting to the stupid secret garden is like a trillion times harder now because they patched this one trick that made it waaaaay easier. 

#32 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5530 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:27 AM

I just killed my first High Dragon in Inquisition. I had a mission to kill a Wyvern, and as I looked around to find said Wyvern, a massive Dragon approached. Since I was pretty uneducated on what the Wyvern was supposed to look like, I figured the Dragon must be part of the quest. Quite a difficult quest, definitely.

Anyway, after finally besting the beast, the quest was not completed/advanced, and I walked around some more and suddenly a Wyvern appeared.

Still, felt like a boss though.

#33 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:18 PM

trying to beat events and unlock all chars on SSBU, just Mr Game and Watch left (and i need him unlocked for the last few events) ROB was the hardest (beat 10 rounds of Crazy orders then beat crazy hand) but i did it with ganondorf 

also trying to beat Fire Emblem: Awakening on lunatic mode, on chapter 17 at the moment trying to recruit all the children characters. it is a HELL of a lot harder than hard mode that's for sure.

#34 JoeTheSwap Ancient One Former Bossman of the XCG 4548 posts 61.00 XCB

JoeTheSwap

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:56 PM

Recently played and beat Machinarium with my cousins. Cute little game for fooling around~ But also pretty satisfying~

Started played Dragon's Crown with them after that. Haven't gotten too far (Like 3 hours in I think) but we all like it~

And as mentioned in the other thread, started ORAS two days ago. Will probably play the story + post-game stuff now, and continue with the 100% completion and competitive stuff after 2-3 months. Couldn't even start Persona 3 during holidays, so Persona Q might have to wait for at least another month...

#35 Gardevoir Oldies Rawr 611 posts 31.00 XCB

Gardevoir

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:27 AM

Wow that's really cool. I miss playing DDR, I used to play it all the time at an arcade back where I used to live

#36 fluppy Ancient One I didn't know I could change this. 1584 posts 129.00 XCB

fluppy
  • Interests:dead bodies & vaginas

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:30 AM

I bought Persona Q a little while back, been playing it. What caught me was Etrian Odyssey which I bought on the e-store after seeing Persona Q being described as "like Etrian Odyssey". I liked Etrian Odyssey, so I bought Persona Q. It's a bit hard to get used to, but I'm figuring it out.

#37 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion
  • Interests:Just let me sleep.

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:18 PM

I need to play a DDR (or even Just Dance) game some day!

So, I'm progressing on Kid Icarus Uprising, I just cleared chapter 6 on intensity 3.0. And this time I didn't almost die after the air battle! (Indeed, very few times I had less than half max life.)

The weapon fusion feature is so cool.

I also graduated at Pokémon Art Academy, now taking the graduate course. I should post my pictures later...

SSB4 + Pokémon AS arrived this week! I played 5 minutes of Alpha Sapphire just to get the shiny Beldum Tuesday night. x)

Doing Smash slowly, unlocked only 3 characters so far.

#38 storyteller Oldies When a story comes to an end... 3365 posts 339.00 XCB

storyteller

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:56 AM

FE if has been enjoyable thus far. I have the dark side, btw.

The only other FE game I've played has been Sword of Seals, so the system is obviously significantly different.

It's also probably the first 3DS game I've encountered that has 3D I actually can stand keeping on for the most part.

I mean, I haven't played many 3DS titles, and it's still easier to play without, but that's that.

I'm playing on hard, and I've lost three units thus far.

The first died the chapter it showed up.

There were just too many enemies, and I couldn't be bothered to save the axe dude (I don't generally like axe units unless they're berserkers).

Second and third each died towards the end of a hard-fought chapter. They happened to have relatively high support for each other, too.

I probably would have restarted if it weren't for the fact that the second died in a chapter I simply did not want to redo,

and the third in a chapter I had restarted so many times I wasn't going to stand another.

Major characters in the game tend to be op.

The healer reduces damage taken by adjacent units by 3. Take 2 more off if they're male.

The dragon knight (starts off master class as revenant knight) increases damage dealt by adjacent units by 3.

Armored knights (which is about the only unit I can send into battle without worrying every time that it's going to die) also seem to be op.

I only recently got my second one, but the first one can tank all the physical attacks in the world and OHKO back at near 100% hit rate. 

She ended up being my first master class (excluding already-evolved units), no surprises.

Interesting thing, there's a home base you go back to each chapter, where you can build buildings (like weapon shops and the like).

I'm not sure which book they took this page from (Doki Doki Majo Shinpan?), but you can call a character over to your room.

You then caress said character to fill up a heart, and when you're done, you "become closer" to that character.

I've only invited female characters thus far, but you can invite male ones too.

I'm sure it's there for when you play the girl mc, but it would be awkward if they did what they do in the female part for male-male.

edit:

MC married the armored knight.

Yes, you can caress guys as the male mc. It's very awkward.

Edited by storyteller, 28 June 2015 - 09:46 AM.

#39 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2446 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain
  • Interests:Games: video, and TCGs. TV, and sleeping.

Posted 28 June 2015 - 11:30 AM

So FE is fire emblem? Just wanna make sure...

Also got a few of the demos from the nindies@home E3 deal that was happening and just played them the other day... So Runbow, that's fun. That's a fun quick platformer right there. Platforms and walls appear and disappear with the changing of the background color...
Rive (I think) is an interesting platform/bullet hell game.. So yeah that's different.
Typoman is just difficult sometimes in ways I hope they fix for the full game. Just gotta be somehow easier for the letters to get into place.

#40 storyteller Oldies When a story comes to an end... 3365 posts 339.00 XCB

storyteller

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:39 PM

Yep, that's Fire Emblem.

Current thoughts:

The game is just pretty fun overall. I was feeling that the game was getting a little too easy, until it started throwing curveball stages that made me think into the mix. The street pass is also pretty fun as well, as you get to use look at each others' castles, make use of their weapon/item shops, and/or challenge them. The fun part about the challenge is that if you win with no handicaps, you get to choose either to add one of their members to your team, or buy a skill off one of their characters that your character doesn't have. The bad thing is, this system severely favors the white kingdom. Being the grinding game, I assume they have unlimited access to exp and gold. The black kingdom players have no such luxury. I'm practically broke from buying skills, and I certainly am not going to have a bunch of level 45 master classes in my team at my end-game. Oh, yeah, were Eternal Proofs a thing in Awakening? They increase the max level of master classes by 5. Add that to the white kingdom grind, and things start looking pretty fucked up.

That is not to say that white kingdom castles are unbeatable; far from it. People have very little idea, and often care very little, how well guarded their castle is, so you will rarely even see people make sure the guy sitting on the throne doesn't leave (you win if you take the throne). It's still pretty hard getting through a team of level 45 units souped up thanks to bonuses from buildings (which are pretty ridiculous themselves. +30 evasion, +30 hit, -7 damage taken, +7 damage dealt, -50 crit taken, +20 crit dealt, or something like that). I did almost manage it my first time with like level 5 master classes, so it's not undoable. I've been winning every one since, and have stuff like a level 25 master class archer in my team, despite my own strongest being like level 9.

But the potential difference isn't even the biggest problem I have with this system. The biggest problem with this system is that you can bring these characters into your actual campaign. I can fricken bring my level 25 archer saint into my current campaign. Heck. I could fill my entire team with overpowered characters from other players if I tried hard enough. I really wish then hadn't done that.

A random note. You can marry characters who are children of other characters (who you have marry during the game). I found this to be... weird.

I can also imagine gathering conversations for this game is going to be amazingly tedious. Each potential parent/child pair has a different conversation, not to mention each married pair.

And then you have to consider the potential that the children are the parents, and... yeah.

Edited by storyteller, 03 July 2015 - 02:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users