- - - - - 550 replies to this topic

Smash Bros. 4!

HYPE

• Please log in to reply

#21 Hypermaster117 Oldies WABIT SEASON 2117 posts 265.00 XCB

Hypermaster117
  • Interests:Anime, YGO, Vanguard, LoL

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:45 PM

im curious how does the 3ds version deal with the smaller screen?

#22 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4575 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:00 PM

You can toggle thickish character outlines on and off to make characters more visible, and the stages in the 3DS version in general are mostly smaller than those in the Wii U version. (Certainly nothing on the scale of Palutena's Temple.)

#23 Eric Ancient One It cant be! The power level, unbelievable. 9816 posts 30.00 XCB

Eric

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:10 PM

The 3DS version is GREAT. It might take some getting used to the control options, but the WiiU will be superior regardless.

#24 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2446 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain
  • Interests:Games: video, and TCGs. TV, and sleeping.

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:48 AM

I managed to play both the 3ds and Wiiu versions and both are good. Wiiu just as you already expect, but that 3ds one has it own added twists and really is on par. It works.

I want to try out palutena since she wasn't there for the demo. The villager works. Just gotta get used to them. (I won with him by avoiding the head on collision that was the other 2 in sudden death.)

I need my captain falcon! Period end of story. I don't care about anyone else, he has to come back!

#25 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:52 AM

I need my captain falcon! Period end of story. I don't care about anyone else, he has to come back!

QFE

#26 Hypermaster117 Oldies WABIT SEASON 2117 posts 265.00 XCB

Hypermaster117

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:00 PM

I heard forward momentum doesnt transfer into jumps damn.

#27 Katsie Oldies Queen Angel of Roses 432 posts 0.00 XCB

Katsie
  • Interests:Games, reading & writing

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:39 PM

I am going to play Palutena a loooot. I love Palutena! I'll probably enjoy using the Villager too, he's adorable and deadly at the same time and his moves look really fun.

Edited by Katsie, 08 July 2014 - 05:39 PM.

#28 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:23 AM

Interesting post by Masahiro Sakurai. The Nintendo Direct happening this coming Monday will reveal a new challenger.

And it's important to mention the fact he said they're nearing the end of the stash of challenger videos. "Nearing" clearly means it hasn't ended yet, so we know that there are few more to come..,

And I only need to see Ganondorf and Ness. Captain Falcon must be there, but I've never been good with him so...

#29 Hypermaster117 Oldies WABIT SEASON 2117 posts 265.00 XCB

Hypermaster117

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:33 PM

I'm curious about what's happening to ice climbers.

My friends refuse to play brawl with me (we play PM now) after I learned how to chain grab on them..

#30 redeyeszack84 Ancient One Resident Gamer... ZERO! 8855 posts 6.00 XCB

redeyeszack84
  • Interests:Games, animation, comedy, and the supernatural.

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:15 PM

Considering the big to do they did with the release of Earthbound on the Wii U Shop, I'd be kinda shocked with we didnt get an Earthbound character at all (Though, when you look at the character model and whatnot, the Animal Crossing Guy might as well be Ness/Lucas).

Glad to see Sonic still in the mix (though I HATED his moveset from last time). But Megaman will be my main guy to try with. I love the Blue Bomber, and this seems like the most love the little guys gotten in a long time (and likely might be the last).

Am I the only one wanting an out of left field inclusion of Crash Bandicoot after his horrible snub exclusion from Playstation All Stars? I mean, a Mario VS Sonic VS Crash Bandicoot would get me in all my Nostalgia hot spots lol

Also, a story mode MUST be in this game. I loved the old one.

Little Mac and Pac Man kind of surprised me. Kind of setting the stage for more iconic old schoolers getting in? (Ninja Gaiden perhaps? Master Blaster? Castlevania?)

Also, am I the only one who feels Samus/Zero Suit Samus and Link/Toon Link along with Zelda/Sheik should simply be costume options instead of actually taking up spots in the roster? I mean those spots could easily be filled with Ridley or Dark Samus, King K. Rool, or Wart (or at least let us keep Ness or Lucas). And highly unlikely, I would lose my shit if they included ANY of the Battletoads (they'd fit in so well)

Edited by redeyeszack84, 13 July 2014 - 06:21 PM.

#31 Hypermaster117 Oldies WABIT SEASON 2117 posts 265.00 XCB

Hypermaster117

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:16 PM

I'm calling it we're getting Shulk from Xenoblade or someone else from Xenoblade

#32 Rothon Oldies The Key To Truth 2252 posts 44.00 XCB

Rothon

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:45 AM

the person I'd love to see most is a character from the kingdomhearts series. they seem like they'd fit well and the publicity would be cool.

#33 bobandjim Ancient One Needs a life 986 posts 108.00 XCB

bobandjim

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:31 AM

FALCON PUNCH confirmed. Get hype

#34 Eric Ancient One It cant be! The power level, unbelievable. 9816 posts 30.00 XCB

Eric

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:51 AM

#35 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2446 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain
  • Interests:Games: video, and TCGs. TV, and sleeping.

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:15 AM

FINALLY!!!

#36 Hypermaster117 Oldies WABIT SEASON 2117 posts 265.00 XCB

Hypermaster117

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:18 AM

<3 how they rubbed it in about chrom not being in lol

rip gematsu leak.

I LIEK SWORDS DOE

#37 Ritokure Oldies Friendships of people is the true magic 2502 posts 52.00 XCB

Ritokure
  • Interests:Obscure, Japan-only Action Playstation games, MegaTen, card games and ponies

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:26 PM

rip gematsu leak.

I LIEK SWORDS DOE

Well, IIRC Sakurai himself said that the characters were chosen very early in development. As far as I can tell, we don't know how the Gematsu leak came to be, but from "early dev" to "final product" a character can suddenly grow boobs.

#38 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:26 AM

Directly from Masahiro Sakurai (https://miiverse.nin...akuraiMasahiroA):

"Pic of the day. Along with Robin, Lucina joins the battle!! Her physical ablilites are identical to Marth's--it must be in her D.N.A. However, where Marth's power is concentrated in the tip of the sword, Lucina's attack strength is balanced throughout the weapon, which might make her easier to control. She's also a little bit shorter than Marth."

Posted Image

"With the Wii Fit Trainers, the male and female Robins, the Villagers, and Little Mac, varying their appearances and voices works just like selecting alternate color variations. However, whenever there is even a small difference in abilities, that character gets an actual roster slot. That is why you can select Lucina individually."

#39 Hypermaster117 Oldies WABIT SEASON 2117 posts 265.00 XCB

Hypermaster117

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:20 PM

rip gematsu leak.

I LIEK SWORDS DOE

Well, IIRC Sakurai himself said that the characters were chosen very early in development. As far as I can tell, we don't know how the Gematsu leak came to be, but from "early dev" to "final product" a character can suddenly grow boobs.

but but Lucina's completely flat chested ._.

I didn't know it was possible but Zelda is even worse than she was in brawl before

#40 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:24 PM

rip gematsu leak.

I LIEK SWORDS DOE

but but Lucina's completely flat chested ._.

I didn't know it was possible but Zelda is even worse than she was in brawl before

Where are you getting that information from?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users