- - - - - 550 replies to this topic

Smash Bros. 4!

HYPE

• Please log in to reply

#1 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:59 AM

SmashBrosWiiU.png
A lot of people here, if not everyone, is SUPER HYPED for Smash Bros. I know I am.
I made this thread for general discussion about the game and to post news. A bit like the OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire thread.

Enjoy!

3DS Friend Codes:

bobandjim: 0490-5385-2585

Eric: 1504-5696-7802

Hypermaster117: 5215-0802-6657

Jesse: 3196-4679-2289

JoeTheSwap: 0662-3847-0549

redeyeszack84: 0645-6544-5780

Stomach The MachoPony: 0602-6728-3609

warrain: 4425-1483-2774

----

Wii U Usernames:

bobandjim: upsidedown

kyros27: kyros27

Lotus: lotusxc

Stomach The MachoPony: RealMachoPony
warrian: tonybj7785

----

Who are you going to try first?
Who else do you think is going to be in the game?
Who do you really want to be in the game?
What kind of DLC would you like to see?

Can't wait to use Zelda again, personally. And I'd love to see Bayonetta or Rayman, but the chances are very low. I need Lucas back first.

#2 Eric Ancient One It cant be! The power level, unbelievable. 9816 posts 30.00 XCB

Eric

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:57 AM

Can't wait to try LIttle Mac again.

And then try Palutena when the game comes out!

#3 bobandjim Ancient One Needs a life 986 posts 108.00 XCB

bobandjim

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:48 AM

I want to play Greninja and new Sheik. Sheik was my best in Melee so I'm hoping Greninja is comparable. I plan on making a ton of Mii Fighters. Day 1 is going to be Mount Rushmore Battle Royal with Washington, Jefferson, Roosevelt, and Lincoln. I also usually play as Link a lot.

Also I demand Captain Falcon back! Falcon Punch is the perfect representation for what Smash is really all about at heart.

#4 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:51 AM

Also I demand Captain Falcon back! Falcon Punch is the perfect representation for what Smash is really all about at heart.

QFE
also i will definately be trying Megaman and Little Mac

#5 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:36 AM

Yeah! I've made a ton of Miis on my 2DS just waiting for the moment. Some look like they'd be strong fighters, some are cool, but most are ridiculously retarded. Can't wait for the fun!

B&J, you're not into ninjas by any chance, are you?

I really can't wait to try Rosalina. By far the newcomer I am most excited to see. Apparently her final smash is quite lackluster so I'm assuming her normal powers are pretty powerful? She must be awesome in 1 on 1 battles.

Characters like Villager and Pac-Man don't look strong enough to battle. I'll have to see them in action but I can't imagine them getting their opponent to 100% too quickly.

Edited by Jesse, 13 June 2014 - 11:41 AM.

#6 JoeTheSwap Ancient One Former Bossman of the XCG 4548 posts 61.00 XCB

JoeTheSwap

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:06 PM

I haven't actually played Smash Bros since the very first game. I was very excited for Brawl and all the new characters, but eventually never got to even play it once. But this time I have a job so I might be actually able to buy a WiiU for this~ :3 (and if not, I'll be getting the 3DS version either way~)

I want to play Greninja, Marth and Palutena the most.

I'm expecting at least Captain Falcon and Ness to return. Jigglypuff might also return to complete the group of original fighters, though I never particularly liked her. Honestly I'd rather have Mewtwo, or Sceptile, or I dunno~ xP

-----

Also, did you guys know about a certain series of leaks?

Some guy claimed these characters would be in the game.
Spoiler

And all of those have been confirmed by now. This was posted LAST YEAR, apparently even before Wii Fit Trainer was revealed.

The same guy posted another list like 2 months ago:
Spoiler

If we take the last one as Greninja... then everything is still in place, and we have 3 more known newcomers in our hands. Interestingly enough, I don't know any of those 3~ xP

#7 Sun Ancient One Pirate 2430 posts 126.00 XCB

Sun
  • Interests:Cake

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:17 PM

I still have an xbox 360, now i feel like getting wii U as my next system..hmmmm

/edit Lol Wii U cost half the price as xbox one & ps4

#8 Hypermaster117 Oldies WABIT SEASON 2117 posts 265.00 XCB

Hypermaster117
  • Interests:Anime, YGO, Vanguard, LoL

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:33 PM

I would hope Wolf would be back in this one >_>

#9 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:53 PM

I would hope Falco would be back in this one >_>

Fix'd

#10 Hypermaster117 Oldies WABIT SEASON 2117 posts 265.00 XCB

Hypermaster117

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:54 PM

That's pretty much a given lol

Their would be riots if not...

#11 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4575 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:13 PM

I'd much prefer Wolf back than Falco. He plays quite a bit differently to Fox, especially his physicals. Falco's are very similar to Fox's, and with character customization, he is already known to be able to replicate how Falco's Blaster functioned in Brawl. >.> He also has more room for a unique Final Smash than Falco does, as Falco is pretty much limited just to something along the lines of Zero Suit Samus's new final Smash/Snake's Brawl Smash.

They did say not every character will be back. But I wonder just how true this is. We already know 3/4 of a character was cut (Pokemon Trainer/Squirtle/Ivysaur). I'm actually expecting very few cuts. Maybe just Pokemon Trainer and R.O.B. even. I'm surprised Captain Falcon and Meta Knight didn't get announcements during E3. It's pretty obvious they're back. That being said, I hope they don't stick to keeping all 12 original characters. Jigglypuff is VERY dated, and needs to go. They did say they contemplated dropping Ness in Brawl, so it's not like keeping them is a guarantee.

As for who I'm most excited to try... Funnily enough, probably those who I already play as in Brawl, Bowser and Ike. Bowser got a lot of changes. Of the newcomers, Greninja interests me the most, though also Palutena oddly enough.

#12 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:18 PM

i still loved playing as Falco in brawl, fox was quicker and wolf was stronger but falco was a good balance
he had good speed and recovery, decent projectile and a cool reflector shield kick and his smashes though not as strong as wolfs were much stronger than fox's plus his airmaster was more fun to me than the landmaster due to focusing on air flying and pushing your opponents off than sitting and shooting/rolling like fox did.

#13 Hypermaster117 Oldies WABIT SEASON 2117 posts 265.00 XCB

Hypermaster117

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:00 PM

My friends cursed me whenever I played one of the star fox characters lol

I would kill them with the landmaster than spawn kill them by lifting them off the stage

#14 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion
  • Interests:Just let me sleep.

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:18 PM

Why so much focus on Wii U if the game is also for 3DS? *stares at OP pic and Sun's post*

I was amazed when I saw Rosalina would be in. Then I got really excited when I saw Palutena. =D
Can't wait to play as Pit and to check if Sonic got improved.

Sceptile must be in! We got Fire and Water starters already, Sceptile must be in with the mega evolution as final smash!

Edited by Exarion, 13 June 2014 - 05:18 PM.

#15 Ritokure Oldies Friendships of people is the true magic 2502 posts 52.00 XCB

Ritokure
  • Interests:Obscure, Japan-only Action Playstation games, MegaTen, card games and ponies

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:30 PM

For starters, glad that Lucario is back. FEER DA POWA OF TEH AURA!
That said, I'm really looking forward for Rosalina. She seems so fun. Also looking forward for Megaman, Palutena and Wii Fit Trainer (seriously).

For my new character guesses, I'd have to say:
  • From Earthbound/Mother, I'd say either Ness or Lucas is getting axed. I really, really REEEALLY want Kumatora from 3 to get the 2nd EB spot as she's very different from the main heroes (she's more aggresive, has different PSIs, fights barehanded and could be a magic/combo mixup character, and boy could Smash use a tomboy on the roster) but I'm not counting on it.
  • I'd say either Falco or Wolf is getting axed. As for a replacement... I have no idea. If a Star Fox game is really in development for WiiU, anyone is fair game - even a brand new character.
  • Ganondorf is in a weird spot. I want him, but I want him with a new movelist. I'd say he's in, but once again with the new WiiU Zelda in development we may be up for a surprise.
  • Captain Falcon is in. I mean Cap Falcon is THE fan favorite underdog of the Smash Bros world. If they haven't announced him yet you bet your ass it's because they want to build up hype.
  • I'd say Game & Watch is in. His apparition in the Pacman intro pretty much confirms it.
  • Ice Climbers, just like Cap Falcon, is somewhat popular and pretty much limited to the Smash series. I really don't care about them but I'd say they are in.
  • I'd agree with Exarion on someone from the Treecko Pokemon line. With Gen3 remakes confirmed, it's pretty much a no brainer.
  • No one likes ROB. Go die in a fire.
  • As for crazy moon logic wishlist, I want Jack Frost from SMT to be in. I mean, he is Atlus' mascot and SMTxFE is a thing, so who knows? He's not a total misfit like, say, Snake from MGS... [/iwanttobelieve]

Edited by Ritokure, 13 June 2014 - 05:30 PM.

#16 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:45 AM

i think i heard somewhere about the possibility of Krystal being in? that's something to consider, a female starfox representative

#17 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:19 AM

I'm definitely glad that they're introducing a bunch of females, but they shouldn't have priority over men. I don't care what gender anyone is. I just care if they'd be a good fighter in Smash.

Lucas was my best character in Brawl, but I don't count on him being my best this time around, so I don't mind if he gets cut. I've never heard about Kumatora (never played Earthbound before), but Rito's description sounds like she'd fit well in Smash. I'd expect Wolf to be cut, although he was far more unique than Falco. If Falco takes his moveset (or a similar one) then Falco should return, and I expect him to.

The game needs more complete villains. Bowser and King Dedede are pretty much the only ones. Donkey Kong doesn't really count. That's why Ganondorf should definitely return. I'd LIKE to see Zant from Twilight Princess, but they didn't do that last time around so I don't know why they would now. That's the only reason I'd like to see Ridley in the game, but I hope it wouldn't be too similar to Charizard.

I don't care for R.O.B. But Ice Climbers, Captain Falcon and Ness absolutely MUST return. Well, Ice Climbers don't have to, but they were really fun to play. I just wish they were a little bit faster, which is exactly what Smash is doing for everyone now.

I really hope Ganondorf gets a new moveset, but keeps his power. Ike outclassed him in pretty much everything. Ganondorf needs the edge this time.
And Bowser really needs to be strong too. All the Mario characters except for Luigi and Wario were rubbish.

#18 Sun Ancient One Pirate 2430 posts 126.00 XCB

Sun
  • Interests:Cake

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:31 AM

Why so much focus on Wii U if the game is also for 3DS? *stares at OP pic and Sun's post*

I was amazed when I saw Rosalina would be in. Then I got really excited when I saw Palutena. =D
Can't wait to play as Pit and to check if Sonic got improved.

Sceptile must be in! We got Fire and Water starters already, Sceptile must be in with the mega evolution as final smash!

Smash bros is meant to be played on the big consoles. Games like this and Halo, etc. don't meet their potential on small handhelds

#19 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:41 AM

The OP pic was personal preference, but it's still a console game to me. I'll be getting it on both platforms but Wii U is the real one, hahaha.

#20 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4575 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:14 PM

From what I've seen, both are definitely legitimate games in their own right. The 3DS one doesn't look, feel, or play like an inferior version to the Wii U one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users