Photo
- - - - - 32 replies to this topic

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Hoenn Confirmed!

• Please log in to reply

#1 JoeTheSwap Ancient One Former Bossman of the XCG 4548 posts 61.00 XCB

JoeTheSwap

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:54 PM

Started the game, now I'm up to the point where I first fight a Team Aqua Grunt in the forest. I'm okay with some additional blue words~ Current team is Treecko, Surskuit, Wingull, Ralts and Zigzagoon (for HM + Pickup purposes).

Gotta get that Beldum soon...

#2 Gardevoir Oldies Rawr 611 posts 31.00 XCB

Gardevoir

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:47 AM

That Ralts better turn into a Gardevoir :3

Using Treecko is pretty gutsy. It's not that great against most gyms. It'll make the game a bit harder, which also means it'll be a bit more fun. 

#3 JoeTheSwap Ancient One Former Bossman of the XCG 4548 posts 61.00 XCB

JoeTheSwap

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:17 AM

Was never a fan of the Torchic line, and with so many other alternatives, I decided against the Water starter for once (it's almost always my choice). I wasn't really thinking about the difficulty, but if it gets hard later that'd be good~

And with Gardevoir being one of my favorite Pokemon... :3

#4 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:37 AM

I decided against the Water starter for once (it's almost always my choice).

Lol, Water starters are never my go-to pick, except for Piplup.

Yet, in my more memorable playthroughs, I went for Oshawott, Squirtle and (in Mystery Dungeon) Totodile. And Piplup, of course. I can overlook the water typing that I don't like, because I like getting out of the comfort zone more. When playing Pokemon, at least. Otherwise playthroughs are way too similar.

#5 Gardevoir Oldies Rawr 611 posts 31.00 XCB

Gardevoir

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:40 AM

I restarted my Alpha Sapphire recently. I didn't feel like raising the same Pokemon again so I decided to Pokegen myself some new guys this time. I haven't done any of the post-game yet though, I've been too depressed to do much of anything lately

#6 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:13 PM

IMO the strongest starters for easiest gameplay are

Bulbasaur (only weak against 2 gyms, by which point you should be well equipped to handle them)

Totodile (bleh, at least it has bite to destroy morty and can beat jasmine's steelix and pryce's piloswine plus access to ice moves for claire)

Mudkip (advantage against a couple of gyms, not weak to any, ends up with one weakness and good bulk)

Chimchar (wrecking ball on legs once it evolves, beats the rock gym, steel gym, grass gym and ice gym as well as countering Maylene's lucario)

Oshawott (emboar is too slow and serperior is too weak without boosting moves, this little thing hits it right in the middle and has good moves to boot)

IDK gen 6 havent had much experience with the starters, i used Fennekin in my only serious run of the game so far (my first run) and it was decent though i hear greninja is a boss and chespin is bleh

#7 Gardevoir Oldies Rawr 611 posts 31.00 XCB

Gardevoir

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:23 PM

The Grass starters have a knack for being the worst ones in-game. I normally choose the Fire starter but since I already had a good Blaziken, I decided to use Mudkip. Swampert makes the game WAY easier. 

#8 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:34 PM

idk, bulbasaur was pretty beast in Gen 1. its GG against brock and misty, Surge cant do much to it either, nor can erika, the grass/poison combo makes it decent against koga too though not reccomended, it gets slaughtered by sabrina and blaine but thats a given, and Giovanni gets stomped by it pretty hard too.

the rest can go die though (exception for turtwig, fkin love that thign)

#9 Gardevoir Oldies Rawr 611 posts 31.00 XCB

Gardevoir

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:50 PM

Yeah, they can't do anything to Venusaur, but Venusaur can't do anything to them either. It's only good for Brock and Misty. After that, it's pretty bad. 

#10 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:08 PM

giovanni, and ivysaur can do plenty to surge with vine whip/razor leaf

#11 Gardevoir Oldies Rawr 611 posts 31.00 XCB

Gardevoir

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:11 PM

psh, by the time you get to Giovanni you'll have like 666 ways of OHKOing him anyway

#12 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2446 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain
  • Interests:Games: video, and TCGs. TV, and sleeping.

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:55 PM

I always choose fire. But with this Ruby I still went fire but decided to keep it in the box and leave it there ASAP... I in fact went through the whole game (minus the E4 without a starter. And only messed around with legendaries in between gyms... An advantage of having a living dex huh

#13 Gardevoir Oldies Rawr 611 posts 31.00 XCB

Gardevoir

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:25 AM

Fun fact, I haven't completed the Pokedex since Gen 3 >.>

#14 JoeTheSwap Ancient One Former Bossman of the XCG 4548 posts 61.00 XCB

JoeTheSwap

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:36 PM

Fun fact: I first completed the Dex in XY. I was content with just beating the main story in all previous games I played.

Btw, I'm currently at the part where you give Steven the letter. Highlights so far include Zigzagoon beating Roxanne's Nosepass on her own with Charm + Echoed Voice at Level 12, Ralts pwning Brawly on her own like it was nothing at Level 13, catching a Taillow with Brave Bird which almost OHKOs Treecko and kills itself in one attack, and a random Whismur getting to a higher Level than everyone except Grovyle just because I forgot to deposit it before training with Exp. Share.

#15 Gardevoir Oldies Rawr 611 posts 31.00 XCB

Gardevoir

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:30 PM

Yeah, Ralts tends to wipe out Brawly all on its own. I actually had to stop using mine so much because it was leveling up way too much, and my OCD demands that my team's levels be the same. 

#16 JoeTheSwap Ancient One Former Bossman of the XCG 4548 posts 61.00 XCB

JoeTheSwap

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:29 PM

So I've just beaten Norman for the 5th badge. I don't think I've seen as many blue letters as expected! ;O Maybe I'm not paying enough attention? xD

Current team is Grovyle (34), Gardevoir (32), Masquerain (32) and Linoone (32). I decided to stop training Pelipper right after evolving it, so the last two slots are reserved for stuff I wanna evolve for the Dex while Exp. Share training. Currently I have the old lady's egg, and an Electrike (17). Will most likely get a Carvanha/Sharpedo soon as my Water user, but the last member is still up in the air. Maybe something interesting will come from the egg?

#17 kyros27 Oldies Spewer of over 4000 Posts! 4553 posts 186.00 XCB

kyros27

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:43 PM

I can tell you what's in it if you don't mind the spoiler. It takes forever to hatch so I'd advise putting it in a box if you aren't going to run back and forth waiting on it. I'm shortly after Norman but haven't progressed too far ahead of that point.

My team is graveler, grovyle, pelipper, linoone, dustox, and mightyena. I'll probably change it up some, but pelipper and linoone are nice hm slaves.

#18 JoeTheSwap Ancient One Former Bossman of the XCG 4548 posts 61.00 XCB

JoeTheSwap

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:08 PM

I've also used a Linoone in X so I now how great it is for HMs~ :3 I was actually thiking the same for Pelipper, but between Linoone and Sharpedo I think I'm set.

As for the egg, thanks to your comment I noticed I was thinking this was the egg that hatched into a random baby Pokemon, but I guess not. I'm thinking of going back and exploring all the areas I couldn't before due to lack or Bike/HMs, so I think the egg will have some more time to hatch. I'll get something else later on if it's not what I was expecting~

#19 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2446 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain
  • Interests:Games: video, and TCGs. TV, and sleeping.

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:55 PM

I'm sorry but what were you talking about with blue letters? I really didn't pay attention then cause I know not of what you speak

#20 JoeTheSwap Ancient One Former Bossman of the XCG 4548 posts 61.00 XCB

JoeTheSwap

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:57 PM

It's not so much handholding as it is reminding you where you need to go like three times in every conversation, with blue highlights to drive it home.

This.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users