Photo
- - - - - 58 replies to this topic

Pokemon Creation Thread!

• Please log in to reply

#41 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion
  • Interests:Just let me sleep.

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:32 PM

That's a valid point. But I still think it's an easy solution.

And sorry for the cliche, but why not go full Digimon and give each pokémon a signature move then?

I know I press the "balance" key a lot, but I also care for theme and cohesion. I really don't like the non-legendary signature moves, it removes all the customization aspect of Pokémon by giving advantage to a specific way.

Of course, Sketch is a remarkable exception.

Next group: high damage, imperfect accuracy.

Spoiler
move | type | category | damage | accuracy | chance of applying secondary effect
Hydro Pump | Water | Special | 110 | 80%  → 90%
Blizzard | Ice | Special | 110 | 70% | 10% → 30%
Thunder | Electric | Special | 110 | 70% | 30%
Fire Blast | Fire | Special | 110 | 85% → 80% | 30%
Megahorn | Bug | Physical | 120 → 110 | 85% → 90%
Iron Tail | Steel | Physical | 100 → 110 | 75% → 80% | 30%
Dragon Rush | Dragon | Physical | 100 → 110 | 75% → 80% | 30%
Power Whip | Grass | Physical | 120 → 110 | 85% → 90%
Focus Blast | Fighting | Special | 120 → 110 | 70% → 80% | 30%
Gunk Shot | Poison | Physical | 120 → 110 | 80% | 30%
Hurricane | Flying | Special | 110 | 70% | 30%

Basically, they become all base 110. Accuracy 90% if having no secondary effect, but 80% if it does (with a 30% chance, remember the reworked FROZEN). 70% if it's one of those moves boosted under a certain weather.

#42 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 19 August 2016 - 03:14 PM

Freezing Terrain | Ice | Status | -- power | -- acc | 10 pp

The ground becomes Freezing Terrain. After 3 turns, a non-Ice Pokemon on the ground becomes frozen. The turn counter is reset for a Pokemon when they are switched out or are thawed. Ice type moves by grounded Pokemon are powered by 30%. Nature Power becomes Ice Beam.

Grayscale Punch | Fighting | Physical | 85 power | 100 acc | 20 pp | eff 70% chance

The user punches the foe, draining all surrounding colour and using it to strengthen its attack. May add Normal to the opponent's typing.

Galeforce Nosedive | Flying | Physical | 100 power | 80 acc | 10 pp | eff 20% chance

The user races into the air before crashing down at the opponent. May replace the target with another Pokemon from its party, but will not end a wild battle.

Mirageous | Ability

When hit with a physical attack, evasion increases by one stage. When put below 30% health, evasion increases by two stages instead. 

Talented | Ability

The Pokemon can hold two items with different names. Moves that steal held items take one at random, and moves that remove held items take off both.

#43 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 19 August 2016 - 03:58 PM

Talented | Ability

The Pokemon can hold two items with different names.

i can see this being broke in several ways

for example a non rayquaza mega holding a life orb or something. or a poke with a choice scarf and specs/band. or an annoying wall like gliscor holding toxic orb and lefties, or chansey with eviolite and lefties

and many more i'm sure

#44 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2446 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain
  • Interests:Games: video, and TCGs. TV, and sleeping.

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:45 PM

Talented though would be broken but also in a non functional way because of things like skill swap and entrainment.

#45 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:09 PM

Bear in mind that anyone with the Talented ability technically doesn't have an ability, so Gliscor would get poisoined.

Providing it's on a weak enough pokemon, it should be okay. Choice Scarf / Band / Specs / Expert Belt / Life Orb does sound really scary, but I don't see why this ability would be given to anyone who's already strong and not someone with much lower Base stats.

Entrainment would also be pretty scary in combination, giving a pokemon Moxie etc with two choice items. That would be limited to double+ battles though. Choice items do always have a glaring weakness though, bringing in a resisting pokemon, and Entrainment is lost after switching out. Though I admit it's hard to bring out a resisting pokemon in a triple battle when they can just attack someone else.

Lol, things like Eviolite, Weakness Policty, Assault Vest, Rocky Helmet, can all stack pretty disgustingly. No way would a mega-evolving pokemon get this either.

See how fun the ability could be? :D

#46 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:08 PM

Yeah, that sounds like abilities like Huge Power.

By the way, abusing Talented with moves like Skill Swap and Entrainment is way too hard. The recipient would have to use Thief/Covet to be effective (or even worse, get a Bestow).

I think it was a wonderful idea after all, I'd just change the name and make sure to have a very limited list of Pokémons with that ability. >.>

#47 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2446 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:47 PM

I was really trying to say that using skill swap would make that pokemon lose its second item. Which would truly suck in a wild battle where that second item would just be lost. Don't wanna lose your leftovers

#48 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:59 PM

Lol, that's true, but I'm sure Skill Swap can just fail against Pokemon with the ability.

Also I was thinking of 'Multitasker' or something along those lines initially as the name for the ability, but there are already two abilities starting with 'Multi' so I went with Talented. Because technically you're talented if you can do what no one else can do, right?

#49 warrain Ancient One The Force is here 2446 posts 157.00 XCB

warrain

Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:33 PM

yeah, you can't skill swap wonder guard.... but.... you can entrain it away, hit with worry seed, etc. those would also make talented fail and you lose your item. again this also comes into concern which item you lose. also how would that actually look UI wise cause game mechanics wise, it would make it more or less impossible

unless...... the ability is only so you can use moves like Thief and Snatch to steal your opponent's item while you currently have an item. then when the battle ends, that second item goes to your bag..... actually, that works out a LOT better than completely glitching out/screwing up the UI for 1 potential pokemon that way also, if you lose the ability mid battle the item that was stole would just be dropped and not the original item it had.

#50 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 22 August 2016 - 04:45 PM

Enigrep

Poison/Dark

Analytic

108/80/120/55/120/20
Payback, Revenge, Poison Dust, Acid Armor, Toxic Spikes, Topsy-Turvy

Cessanchor

Ghost/Water

Prankster

80/110/75/75/100/100

Destiny Bond, Parting Shot, Taunt, Aqua Jet, Heavy Slam, Phantom Force, Clamp

Poison Dust | Poison | Special | 40 power | 100 acc | 20 pp | eff 30% chance

This move always goes first. May badly poison the foe.

Enigrep, Victreebel, Venusaur, Crobat, Tyranitar, Toxicroak, Skuntank, Roserade, Drapion, Scolipede, Maractus, Amoonguss, Gourgeist

Time's Calling | Steel | Status | -- power | -- acc | 5 pp 

At the end of every turn, user's Attack and Special Attack is increased by 1 stage. This lasts for 3 turns. Then, at the end of the 4th turn, the user is switched out and replaced with a random Pokemon in the party. If unable to do so, the user falls asleep.

Dialga

#51 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:31 PM

What's the reference (os species) for Enigrep?

An anchor for Ghost/Water allowing Steel moves is a great idea! (I just can't see how Prankster fits in. <.<)

Now you look desperate on those moves, Jesse.

Priority moves are fine as they are without added effects. And you chose some pokémons to learn it that make no sense. Many of those Poison or Grass pokémons don't learn any powder move, and Tyranitar? Really?

Also, I'd rather buff Roar of Time instead of giving Dialga another signature move. And that's what I actually did with the following category of moves (high damage, huge drawback):

Spoiler
move | type | category | damage | accuracy
Hyper Beam | Normal | Special | 150 → 180 | 90%
Blast Burn | Fire | Special | 150 → 180 | 90%
Rock Wrecker | Rock | Physical | 150 → 180 | 90%
Hydro Cannon | Water | Special | 150 → 180 | 90%
Frenzy Plant | Grass | Special | 150 → 180 | 90%
Giga Impact | Normal | Physical | 150 → 180 | 90%
Overheat | Fire | Special | 130 | 90% → 95%
Leaf Storm | Grass | Special | 130 | 90% → 95%
Draco Meteor | Dragon | Special | 130 | 90% → 95%
Zap Cannon | Electric | Special | 120 | 50%
Inferno | Fire | Special | 100 → 120 | 50%
Reminding that all of them have 5 PP only.

#52 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:59 AM

Hahaha, I should have cut down on the base power at least. And you should have seen one I was going to post (raises everone's Attack and Special Attack to stage 6)... lol

I was thinking of Poison Dust to be more like Sand Attack than a powder move (everyone can kick sand about), but when you put it that way, you're not wrong  :tongue-out:

Enigrep was initially called Enirgirep, which is backwards for Peregrine (and sounds dumb xD). And being backwards, instead of being the fastest animal... yeah. And STAB Analytic Payback was something I wanted to do.

I wanted a Prankster/Destiny Bond combo for the anchor, literally implying "I'll take you down with me". So I just imagined an anchor with a chelsea smile, or something with a face which resembles Gengar's a bit.

--

And damn, I like those. I'd actually use Hyper Beam if its Base Power wasn't so obsolete. And while Blast Burn etc could be used competitively as a surprising OHKO, I just remember getting it on my Blaziken in Emerald, and barely using it because of its recharge and its 5 pp. If the power increased that much it would be much better. Still don't think I'd risk Zap Cannon or Inferno though - at least until someone with No Guard gets it.

#53 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion

Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:34 AM

Spoiler: my update for Mega Houndoom would give him No Guard.  :smiley: 

Well, Mega Banette already has the Prankster + Destiny Bond combo, but nice word play there!

#54 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion

Posted 28 August 2016 - 02:13 PM

Another idea is to nerf the FROZEN status so it can be treated more equally with the other special conditions:

"A FROZEN Pokémon cannot move for 2 turns. It moves last on the turn it thaws."

Very similar to SLEEP (specially Rest), but with the priority change. Most special conditions are harsher for slower pokémons, so this one would hit faster pokémon more. (My other idea to make it more different than SLEEP would be resetting the counter on switches, but such mechanics was removed from SLEEP for a good reason).

I actually had more ideas for the other status conditions, making them more reliable:

• Paralysis - The Pokémon afflicted's Speed stat is reduced to 25% of it's Maximum (Pokémon with the Quick Feet ability are not affected). The Pokémon has a 25% chance of being unable to attack each turn. Every 3rd turn, the Pokémon is unable to attack (counter is reset after switching).
  • Poison - The Pokémon loses 1/8th Max HP each turn. Any direct damage done by the Pokémon is decreased by 25% (Pokémon with the Guts, Poison Heal or Quick Feet abilities are not affected).
  • Infatuation - It requires the user to have a gender and the opponent to have a differing gender to work The Pokémon afflicted cannot attack 50% of the time Super effective moves always fail. If different genders, the afflicted Pokémon cannot use physical or special moves at all (on the Infatuation source only).
  • Confusion - The Pokémon may hurts itself in its confusion 50% of the time every other turn, for 4 turns. The damage is done as if the Pokémon attacked itself with a 40-power typeless physical attack (Pokémon with the Tangled Feet ability aren't hurt, but still cannot attack).

This way Paralysis and Confusion wouldn't be gambles, Poison gets as useful as Burn, Infatuation becomes usable.

#55 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 31 August 2016 - 11:02 PM

Interesting ideas, I can get behind paralysed and frozen. When you get burned or poisoned, you know exactly what you're capable of. "Oh, now this physical attack will do 50% and I'll take 1/8 of my HP at the end". So if paralysis becomes "I know I'll attack last, but next turn I'll probably need to switch out before my attack fails". It's interesting, being able to work around the condition. Although I do think that it would be a bit too easy to work around. 

Confusion and infatuation seem a bit too strong as conditions too. Infatuation especially. I do like the modern change of allowing pokemon to be attracted to others of the same gender, although they are just a fictional group of species that need to breed, and they're not human, so it shouldn't really matter whether they can be gay or not. I'd much rather see a main character or two in the pokemon anime series in a gay relationship. 

As for the effects, that super effective reduction is... awesome. Whether the move fails, or does 1x damage instead of 2x or 4x, it's a great way of showing attraction - holding back. If you can't use physical or special moves, you're essentially useless of course, so being able to force a switch just by having a gender the enemy doesn't seems pretty crazy.

Confusion is also strong, although I guess it works both ways. Being able to know when the next move won't succeed helps both teams. But a slower pokemon using Confuse Ray or something and guaranteeing a next-turn failure is very powerful.

I suppose a lot of the charm in status conditions is "Do I risk staying in? I could hit through my confusion and then I don't need to take any extra damage" or "I might thaw out this turn so I'll choose to stay switched in". Knowledge is good for both players but thinking about it, having all the move-stopping status conditions be luck based makes them that little bit more fun. Risk vs. reward is a huge factor of Confusion especially, and diverting pokemon battles into something as calculated as chess would take out the rewarding feeling you get when your choice to give your pokemon Supersonic pays off, rather than it becoming a must-have move that everyone uses.

It feels like I just wrote a whole essay on this Lol, anyway, awesome stuff dude, I love seeing all these ideas and getting deep into how it would affect the game.

#56 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 30 October 2016 - 11:16 PM

Mindwaves
Electric/Psychic
Pressure/Forewarn/Telepathy
50/65/55/85/80/90
Evolves into Neurogre

Neurogre
Electric/Psychic
Pressure/Forewarn/Telepathy
100/80/80/140/75/100
Calm Mind, Volt Switch, Heal Pulse, Follow Me, Glare, Psyshock, Skill Swap, Destiny Bond
Evolves from Mindwaves

--

Pixyver
Dragon/Fairy
Magic Bounce
110/125/90/85/75/108
Outrage, Moonblast, Play Rough, Moonlight, Earthquake, Ancient Power, Meteor Mash, Stealth Rock

#57 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion

Posted 02 November 2016 - 11:43 AM

Neurogre line is very well planned.

What I fear about Pixyver is the access to Stealth Rock. >.>

Twinda (evolves from Spinda in a musical minigame)

Normal/Fight

80-80-80-80-80-80

Own Tempo/Tangled Feet [Contrary]

Close Combat, Superpower, Hammer Arm, Double Hit, Overheat, Double Clash

Kricketrack (evolves from Kricketune in the same musical minigame)

Bug

117-95-81-60-81-80

Hustle [Soundproof]
Wish, Metal Sound, Tuneless Beat

Luvevul (evolves from Luvdisc, level up with Magearna in team)

Water/Fairy

73-40-85-85-85-127

Soul Heart [Hydration]

Dazzling Gleam

Andenne (evolves from Dedenne, level up with Magearna in team)

Electric/Fairy

87-48-87-121-87-120

Huge Power

New moves:

Double Clash

Fight | Special (sound) | 45 | 100% | Attacks twice.

Tuneless Beat

Steel | Physical (sound) | 80 | 100% | Uses foe's Special Defense to apply damage.

Fire Darts

Fire | Physical (ballistic) | 20 | 100% | Attacks 2 to 5 times in a row.

Fin Slash

Water | Physical (contact) | 120 | 100% | User takes recoil damage equals 30% of the damage done on foe.

Sand Tide

Ground | Special | 110 | 70% | May decrease foe's accuracy by 1 stage (30% chance). Accuracy increased to 100% during a Sandstorm. | both foes

Frost Wave

Ice | Status | 80% | Freezes the foe.

Stone Fang

Rock | Physical (contact) | 60 | 100% | May flinch the foe (20% chance), may also lower foe's Speed by 1 stage (20% chance).

Silver Storm

Bug | Special | 110 | 80% | May inflict sleep (30% chance).

Updraft

Flying | Special | 80 | 100% | May decrease foe's Speed by 1 stage (30% chance).

#58 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 20 November 2016 - 04:57 AM

Never would have expected a Kricketune evolution - that's awesome.

---

Impede

Bug/Fairy

Intimidate/Levitate

60/55/55/65/70/60

Fake Out, Parting Shot, U-Turn, Misty Terrain, Light Screen, Reflect

Evolves into Stampede

Stampede

Bug/Ground

Skill Link/Sand Force

Bone Rush, Pin Missile, Attack Order, Stomping Tantrum, High Horsepower, Double-Edge, Body Slam, Iron Head, Brutal Swing, Pursuit, Sand Attack, Agility

Evolves from Impede

Flowsnake

Ice/Poison

Strong Jaw/Snow Cloak/Poison Touch

95/110/100/35/75/127

Ice Fang, Poison Fang, Poison Tail, Psychic Fangs, Hyper Fang, Crunch, Ice Shard, Acid Spray, Lunge, Leech Life, Fell Stinger

The names are on point with this lot :laughy:

#59 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 27 November 2016 - 01:38 AM

Fostle
Rock/Ghost
Sturdy/Own Tempo
80/50/70/25/45/10
Stealth Rock, Sandstorm, Wide Guard, Destiny Bond, Sleep Powder, Nightmare, Dream Eater, Shore Up, Spikes, Parting Shot
Evolves into Breething

Breething
Rock/Ghost
Sturdy/Own Tempo
140/95/100/65/65/60
Rock Wrecker, Head Smash, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Smack Down, Shadow Punch, Knock Off, Pursuit, Memento, Acrobatics, Earthquake, Drain Punch, Dynamic Punch, Final Gambit
Evolves from Fostle

Diancium Z
This item can be used on Diancie in order to turn its Diamond Storm move into the Perfect Destruction Z-Move.

Perfect Destruction | Rock | Physical | 195 power | 0 acc | 1 pp
The user, Diancie, rains down a never-ending onslaught of gemstones, using its Z-Power and blasts the target with full force.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users