Photo
- - - - - 58 replies to this topic

Pokemon Creation Thread!

• Please log in to reply

#1 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5530 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:34 PM

This idea must be so old, but who hasn't thought "imagine how cool it would be if there was a Fire/Fighting pokemon."

Well, nobody. Because Fire/Fighting is OVERUSED. But there are plenty of original type combos, stat combos, move combos, item combos and ability combos just waiting to happen. And that's what this thread is for. You can create anything: pokemon, moves, abilities, types, hold items, berries, evolution stones... whatever you want.

So... I'll start the thread off with a bunch I've already made:

POKEMON:

The way I'm formatting my pokemon will be as follows:

{Name}
{Type}
{Abilities}
{HP}/{ATK}/{DEF}/{SpA}/{SpD}/{Spe}
{Notable moves (only on final evo)}
{Evolution}

Spoiler

ITEMS:

Spoiler

So yeah. That's it. I'll be posting here probably quite frequently. I'm not going to add to this list, I'll just keep posting every time I have an idea.
I probably won't go into much detail down the line either.

Like, I know that a Ghost/Normal Pokemon with Levitate would be an awesome combination of types and abilities, but I don't know if I'll ever get around to giving it stats and moves etc.

So, what do you all have?

Edited by Jesse, 30 March 2014 - 05:36 PM.

#2 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:15 PM

Tinosaur
Rock
60/80/70/30/50/20
Rock Head
Bite, Crunch, Head Smash, Rock Slide, Rock Throw, Bulldoze, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang
Evolves to Teenosaur

Teenosaur
Rock
90/100/80/40/60/30
Rock Head
Evolves to Dultosaur

Dultosaur
Rock/Dragon
120/140/100/50/80/50
Primal Roar (on entering the battlefield, all other pokemon quake in fear and lose -1 ATK and -1 DEF)
New Move: Carnivorus Bite (DARK 100 BP, 5% chance to OHKO)
Dragon Claw, Head Smash, Outrage, Dragon Dance, Draco Meteor,Earthquake, Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Crunch, Bite, Stone Edge

#3 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4590 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:26 PM

I'm in a lazy mood, but I'll contribute! With what takes the least effort, MEGAS! May as well more or less borrow your format.

Mega Pidgeot
Normal/Flying
Gale Wings
83/80/115 (+40)/70/110 (+40)/121 (+20)

Pidgeot's stats have always leaned me towards wanting it to be a fast tank, so... Yeah. It gets pretty much every toy a Pokemon with Gale Wings could want, excepting the one move (Sky Drop) that would potentially break it. (Not necessarily, since it's a Mega and thus can't use a Lagging Tail to be a complete ass.) It gets Mirror Move. It gets Defog. It gets Tailwind. It lacks the offenses to go on the offense (and unlike Talonflame, can't use a Choice Item to get around this), so this relegates it to a support role, which it is good at.

Mega Altaria
Dragon/Fairy
Filter
75/90 (+20)/120 (+30)/100 (+30)/115 (+10)/90 (+10)

Pretty tanky, can go on offense much, much better than it could previously. And Dragon/Fairy is an interesting typing. Probably one of the best users of Perish Song also.

Mega Unown
Psychic
Protean
48/72/48/172 (+100)/48/48

Because I can. Of course, it's still REALLY, REALLY bad. But if it doesn't insta-die, it will likely kill something. (Basically a far worse Special Rampardos that can't use any items.) Obviously not terribly serious.

#4 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2690 posts 159.00 XCB

Gerdat14
  • Interests:Dueling with YVD and playing illegal games with my blanket.. don't ask...

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:24 PM

Y'know... Here.

Komkackor
Poison/Steel
Weak Armor/Stench/Prankster
80/90/175/60/70/35
Toxic Spikes, Venoshock, Mirror Shot, Recycle, Stockpile, Spit Up, Clear Smog

Why? Because Poison/Steel is a type combo that I'd like to see done. That, and a Normal Special Sweeper with Sheer Force.

#5 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion
  • Interests:Just let me sleep.

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:16 PM

I actually have a google drive sheet full of "fixes" to many pokémons, including some Mega Evolutions and few new evolutions. >.>
Yes, I thought about a Mega Pidgeot with Gale Wings too.
But, for now:

Mega Parasect
Bug/Grass
Hallucinogen (Makes super-effective moves that are targeted at this Pokémon have the accuracy of 50%.)
60-125-130-30-130-30
Moonlight and Aromatherapy added to learnset.

Mega Hypno
Psychic
Daydream (Can use moves that usually require foe to be asleep.)
85-73-93-103-135-87
Oh yeah, hello Nightmare and Dream Eater!

Mega Ariados
Bug/Poison
Ambusher (Doubles Special Attack.)
70-120-70-60-70-100

Mega Sunflora
Grass
Flower Gift (updated to boost Sp. Attack and Defense as well!)
75-45-100-155-100-50
Heat Wave and Weather Ball added to learnset (All the sun- and desert-themed Grass type pokémon should be able to learn Heat Wave <.<).

Mega Masquerain
Bug/Water (should have conserved the typing from Surskit >_>)
Intimidate
70-30-82-115-112-105
Water Spout and Hurricane added to learnset.

Mega Lumineon
Water
Bright Scales (Flinches foes right after entering in battle, does not flinch foes that were flinched last turn.)
69-69-91-129-91-111
Quiver Dance added to learnset.

Mega Swanna
Water/Flying
Serene Grace
75-87-83-127-83-118
Boosting those Scalds and Hurricanes side effects. x)

~+~+~

Mime Sr.
Psychic/Fairy
Soundproof/Filter//Technician
80-75-85-120-140-115
Trade Mr. Mime while holding B&W Clothe.

Cryoedral
Ice/Steel
Levitate
85-60-90-115-150-120
Mirror Shot, Mirror Coat, Magic Coat, Tri-Attack
Trade Cryogonal while holding Metal Coat Mirror Axes.

Edited by Exarion, 31 March 2014 - 07:54 AM.

#6 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5530 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:00 PM

Wyverneer
Dragon/Steel
Technician
100/100/65/50/70/100
Stealth Rock, Spikes, Dual Chop, Dragon Tail, Bullet Punch, Storm Throw, Circle Throw, Power-Up Punch

The aim is to phase. STAB Technician Dragon Tail is pretty damn nice.

---

Sandlem
Ground/Fighting
Skill Link
90/140/60/75/75/80
Swords Dance, Rock Polish, Earthquake, Bone Rush, Sacred Sword, Force Palm, Arm Thrust, Rock Blast, Water Shuriken, Fury Swipes

---

Shrubd
Grass
Thick Fat
90/50/150/75/130/65
Camouflage, Flower Shield, Leaf Storm, Grass Knot, Sludge Bomb, Earth Power, Bug Buzz, Dazzling Gleam

---

Nexran
Psychic/Dragon
Contrary
60/15/75/45/95/110
Psycho Boost, Draco Meteor, Overheat, Leaf Storm, Close Combat

#7 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:19 AM

Let me list some new abilities I also had planned:

Inflated (Multiplies Defense and Special Defense by 1.5.)
Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Igglybuff, Qwilfish, Wailord.

Noble (The pokémon is unaffected by moves with base power lower than 100.)
Persian

Pacifist (Heals 25% of max HP when doesn't deal direct damage on foe.)
Seel, Dewgong, Chimecho, Chingling.

Daydream (The pokémon can use moves that usually require foe to be asleep.)
Mega Hypno, Munna, Musharna.

Ambusher (Doubles Special Attack - and anything else to make it a special Huge Power.)
Sentret, Furret, Mega Ariados, Zangoose.

Message (Doubles the damage of Hidden Power, pokémon also learns Extrasensory, Metronome and Assist.)
Unown.

Buffer (Damage taken from moves with base power higher than 80 is halved.)
Corsola, Gulpin, Swalot, Swablu, Altaria, Wormadam.

Bright Scales (Flinches foes right after entering in battle, does not flinch foes that were flinched last turn.)
Beautifly, Mega Lumineon.

True Love (Infatuates foes right after entering in battle; foes get infatuated regardless of gender.)
Luvdisc.

Mockery (Raises Special Attack by 1 stage when doesn't deal direct damage on foe.)
Chatot, Pansage, Simisage, Pansear, Simisear, Panpour, Simipour.

Frozen Skin (The opponent has a 20% chance of being induced with FREEZE after using a move with physical contact on the pokémon.)
Glaceon, Vanillite, Vanillish, Vanilluxe.

Edited by Exarion, 02 April 2014 - 02:11 PM.

#8 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4590 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:17 AM

Most of those abilities are pretty broken... Being on a mediocre (you didn't even pick the really worthless ones for the most part honestly) Pokemon doesn't necessarily make an incredibly good ability balanced. Vespiquen, Swalot and Wailord in particular are probably rather broken with those abilities. (Vespiquen less so since Stealth Rock still murders it, but it would single-handedly require teams to have something like Stone Edge, Thunder or Mold Breaker, which is problematic.) Beautifly would also be incredibly broken in doubles, even if it hit a random opponent. Dewgong is also quite probably broken too. It's a fairly decent user of Perish Song and that ability makes its supportive Perish sets much, much more powerful. (Again, more of a problem in doubles, but still.)

Wait, Love Power affects any gender? Yeah... That's probably the most broken ability in the bunch. Infatuation is already arguably the second-most powerful status condition (or equivalent) in the game (after Freeze), which is kept in check by the gender thing. At the VERY least, you're getting a free turn to do whatever. (Or a 50% chance to in the rare event they chance staying in.) Delcatty in particular can do things like get off free Thunder Waves or Wishes, or attempt a Sing.

If Protect triggers Mockery, it is insanely unbalanced. (And really, even if it only works on moves that target the opponent, the only thing keeping it in check is the fact none of those Pokemon can take a hit.)

Daydream is a cool concept, however, I'll give you that. (Of course, it only affects 2 moves.)

Your changes to Unown wouldn't make it worth using even in UU.

Ambusher... I don't see a problem with such an ability existing. But your choices of Pokemon for it are odd. None are ones I see as going for naturally going for Special moves. (As a creature, not competitively.) Yeah, sure Ariados I could sort of see. (It does like projectiles like Sludge Bomb in the anime.) But Furret and ESPECIALLY Zangoose are very clearly very physically oriented. I suppose it would make Zangoose almost an effective mixed attacker, though. (I say almost because the coverage its Special moves offers isn't actually that crucial. I could see it occasionally running Fire Blast for Steels, but it can already deal with them with Close Combat, aside from a couple of things like Aegislash (which it gets Dark moves for if necessary) and Skarmory.)

#9 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5530 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:32 PM

Mega Arcanine
Fire
Serene Grace
90/150(+40)/80/120(+20)/80/135(+40)
Also learns Sacred Fire and Fiery Dance

Mega Tauros
Normal
Intimidate
95(+20)/160(+60)/110(+15)/40/70/115(+5)
Learns Extreme Speed

Mega Exploud
Normal/Fairy
Pixilate
154(+50)/101(+10)/63/131(+40)/73/68
Learns Grand Resonance

--

Grand Resonance
Ground
10 PP / 110 dmg / 95 acc / spec / 10% eff
May cause Paralysis.

--

Also, I also really like Daydream. You could create some interesting moves for that.

And Frozen Skin sounds - and is - awesome.

I like Stomach's Carnivorous Bite a lot too. Quite Final Fantasy-esque

Edited by Jesse, 31 March 2014 - 03:16 PM.

#10 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

@River
Well, the worthless ones you are missing either got already existing abilities (like Delibird would have Huge Power or Prankster, Farfetch'd would have Pure Power, Magcargo would get Storm Drain) or just received more improvements to base stats (like Raticate or Unfezant) in my plans. <.<

I actually was fearing Wailord and Delcatty would be too much, but couldn't think about anything else for Wailord. (then I thought how Delcatty's Normalize would actually be useful: making ALL the moves and pokémons being normal type).
And confusion is really similar to infatuation, but does damage. Of course, it goes naturally away, but it isn't insta-healed when the confusion doer leaves.The critical difference would be for the last pokémon in battle... but yeah, Luvdisc. >.>

I see, dealing with that Vespiquen would be complicated... But the flavor was too good!
Also, Zangoose and Furret got Ambusher because of that: flavor (that's why it's called "Ambusher", not "Shooter")! Their special movepool have a good coverage too (as for most normal type pokémons) and Furret gets even a decent STAB Hyper Voice!
But yeah, maybe Noble should be Persian-exclusive (because Earthquake and Close Combat/Superpower would be the most common choices against that ability).

@Jesse:
Taurus already can learn Earthquake.
And I feel Extreme Speed is getting too much spread already. Genesect and Dragonite shouldn't ever have got close of it. <_<

@Stomach
I hope that Carnivorous Bite has a 50% accuracy. (And Primal Roar is pretty OP, mainly on a 140 base ATK monster. >_>)

Edited by Exarion, 31 March 2014 - 02:41 PM.

#11 kyros27 Oldies Spewer of over 4000 Posts! 4558 posts 186.00 XCB

kyros27

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:51 PM

Dragonite was one of the first pokemon to have Extreme Speed since he had it in gen 2. It's not a new thing for him so what's wrong with that?

Some of this stuff is pretty cool while others are just crazy op.

#12 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5530 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:48 PM

@Jesse:
Taurus already can learn Earthquake.
And I feel Extreme Speed is getting too much spread already. Genesect and Dragonite shouldn't ever have got close of it. <_<

Oh, so it does. Edited. And I also gave Mega Arcanine Fiery Dance.

I like Extreme Speed :3

#13 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:19 PM

Dragonite was one of the first pokemon to have Extreme Speed since he had it in gen 2. It's not a new thing for him so what's wrong with that?

I can't see why it not being new should mean it is right.
Extreme Speed back then was a special move for Dragonite, only that one Clair gives on Crystal had that move.
The discontinuity to gen 3 was a perfect opportunity to abandon it, like many TMs that didn't come back as move tutors (or TMs again) yet, like Tri Attack, Fissure, etc.

Guys, be more specific, I want to make balanced things. <.<
For now, I edited those abilities a little: Noble is only for Persian, Love Power (now renamed True Love) is Luvdisc exclusive, Buffer affects moves with more than 80 base damage (and added Wormadam to the list), Inflated now multiplies the defenses by 1.5. Suggestions are welcome. >.>

MOAR MEGA EVOLUTIONS!
Now it's time for the starters for the sake of completeness.

Mega Meganium
Grass
Chlorophyll
80-82-130-113-130-90

Mega Typhlosion
Fire/Ground
Quick Feet
78-144-88-109-85-130

Mega Feraligatr
Water
Drizzle
85-135-110-109-103-88

Mega Sceptile
Grass/Dark
Moxie
70-145-85-105-85-140

Mega Swampert
Water/Ground
Sap Sipper
100-120-110-125-110-70

Mega Torterra
Grass/Rock
Solid Rock
95-129-125-85-125-66

Mega Infernape
Fire/Fighting
Anger Point
76-114-86-134-86-138

Mega Empoleon
Water/Steel
Iron Barbs
84-106-108-131-121-80

Mega Serperior
Grass/Dragon
Contrary
75-85-125-105-125-113

Mega Emboar
Fire/Fighting
Flame Body
110-133-125-100-85-75

Mega Samurott
Water
Swift Swim
95-125-95-128-95-100

Edited by Exarion, 04 April 2014 - 05:53 AM.

#14 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2690 posts 159.00 XCB

Gerdat14
  • Interests:Dueling with YVD and playing illegal games with my blanket.. don't ask...

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:15 PM

um... no. Mega Swampert should NOT have Sap Sipper. That jump would make him go from Being all around okay to being mandatory in Ubers. No!
Then again, I don't play competitively. So, let's do a stupid thing.

Monoloc
Normal
Telepathy/Sniper/Sheer Force
60/55/65/95/70/50
Evolves into Duoseer

Duoseer
Normal/Psychic
Telepathy/Oblivious/Sheer Force
75/70/80/125/85/80
Evolves into Trioclope

Trioclope
Normal/Fairy
Telepathy/Analytic/Sheer Force
80/75/85/145/90/100
Why? Because Sheer Force Hyper Beam needs to be a thing! And since I can't Turn mewtwo into a Normal type until it no longer matters, someone new is just gonna have to cover it.
Notable attacks: Hyper Beam, Future Sight, Tri-Attack, and Doom Desire. Oh, and Nasty Plot as an Egg move.

#15 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:25 PM

>give typhlosion quick feet
>make it virtually immune to paralyse and already immune to burn

ok

#16 RiverShock Ancient One XC's Official Setmaker 4590 posts 86.00 XCB

RiverShock

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:06 PM

Sheer Force has no effect on Hyper Beam. (Actually, negative effects on the user are never relevant to Sheer Force, and Sheer Force won't negate them even on moves like Flare Blitz that DO have an effect that is negated by it.) I actually do feel we need more Special users of Sheer Force, though. The fact Nidoking is such a decent Pokemon despite its stats more or less sucking is a testament to how powerful Special Sheer Force Pokemon are.

#17 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2690 posts 159.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:39 PM

Yeah, I just am learning this. Odd, because I swore Sheer Force disabled the Recharge turn. Anyone think we need an Upgraded Brightpowder? Thing is cool and all, but at only 10%, it never seems to affect anything.

#18 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:50 PM

>give typhlosion quick feet
>make it virtually immune to paralyse and already immune to burn

ok

Just in case of Glare/Stun Spore. <.<
Also: Toxic (Spikes)... >.>

But do you have a better idea?

Anyone think we need an Upgraded Brightpowder? Thing is cool and all, but at only 10%, it never seems to affect anything.

Once you rage when your 100% accuracy moves miss in a crucial time (mainly at Battle Maison, Tower, etc.), you will think about it better.

Edited by Exarion, 02 April 2014 - 07:51 PM.

#19 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5530 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:45 AM

Stomach, Typhlosion sucks. If it has Quick Feet, it would be a bit better. The whole point of Mega evolutions is to improve them. How is Quick Feet Typhlosion OP?

It doesn't have great defensive stats and has a 4x weakness to water. Why would you even want to paralyze it?

Exarion made a good improvement. It's not broken at all.

Edited by Jesse, 03 April 2014 - 04:46 AM.

#20 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:08 AM

it isnt OP. its pointless if you give it a ground typing as poison would be the only viable status it could actually take (and the occasional glare)

id sooner give it Flash Fire or Flame Body

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users