Photo
- - - - - 59 replies to this topic

Hearthstone

• Please log in to reply

#41 Chiy0 Members Just Starting 10 posts 4.00 XCB

Chiy0

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:41 AM

**GIRL RAGE** Played this game and it blows!!! Yu-Gi-Monz is a betta card game!!! :3 :3 :3 Dark Magician **GIRL**

#42 kyros27 Oldies Spewer of over 4000 Posts! 4543 posts 186.00 XCB

kyros27

Posted 20 July 2016 - 05:42 PM

Many people here still play?  idk which legendary I want to make next much less which deck to work on.  I'm tempted to try a token druid deck (maybe have a beast engine in it), but I lack both Fandral and AoWs, which is expensive T_T

#43 bobandjim Oldies Needs a life 944 posts 108.00 XCB

bobandjim

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:14 PM

I mostly just run the Arena.

#44 Hypermaster117 Oldies WABIT SEASON 2117 posts 265.00 XCB

Hypermaster117
  • Interests:Anime, YGO, Vanguard, LoL

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:46 AM

game got boring again.

I realized blizzard just breaks every bad class by giving it a bunch of broken tempo cards.

Waiting on broken priest minions next expansion etc

#45 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2674 posts 158.00 XCB

Gerdat14
  • Interests:Dueling with YVD and playing illegal games with my blanket.. don't ask...

Posted 21 July 2016 - 06:05 AM

As blasphemous as this sounds, I think you'll find mage get's the best stuff in the next Expansion. Since it's rather likely it'll be Karazhan.

#46 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9403 posts 690.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 21 July 2016 - 06:19 AM

i still enjoy my priest deck, also using a lulzy priest golden monkey deck (i almost beat Bardon but decked out before i drew the golden monkey so even though i had a massive hand full of legends, fatigue was killing me, i almost won by deathwing but he fireballed me at the last second)

i also played a secret paladin cthun deck that made bardon RQ after 5 secrets over  5 turns kept sniping his minions. 

funny thing happened with the golden monkey deck, i had a combo set up where i drew like half my deck in one turn

pyromancer, 2 acolyte of pain, northshire cleric, played some spell, pyromancer nuked 2 acolytes, draw 2, circle of healing, draw 4 off cleric and 2 off the acolytes, pyromancer nuke, circle of healing draw another 6 cards.

it was hilarious

Edited by Yami Stomach, 21 July 2016 - 06:21 AM.

#47 kyros27 Oldies Spewer of over 4000 Posts! 4543 posts 186.00 XCB

kyros27

Posted 21 July 2016 - 04:12 PM

I've killed a priest with fatigue thanks to wild pyro before.  He decided in a priest mirror match it was a good idea to play 2 Northshire Clerics.  I put stuff on the field (he ends with 4 minions, I have 3 = 7 total).  I use Holy Nova and 2 Circle of Healing.  gg

Also, Hyper, Shaman wasn't always bad.  It was used by almost every player in tournaments in beta/classic (when each player had 4 decks and before matches started opponent would ban one so would be 3v3) then got a little worse each expansion after that until recently.  Its faceroll version isn't really seen as much now even though it is still a good class.

#48 Hypermaster117 Oldies WABIT SEASON 2117 posts 265.00 XCB

Hypermaster117

Posted 21 July 2016 - 07:26 PM

I've killed a priest with fatigue thanks to wild pyro before.  He decided in a priest mirror match it was a good idea to play 2 Northshire Clerics.  I put stuff on the field (he ends with 4 minions, I have 3 = 7 total).  I use Holy Nova and 2 Circle of Healing.  gg

Also, Hyper, Shaman wasn't always bad.  It was used by almost every player in tournaments in beta/classic (when each player had 4 decks and before matches started opponent would ban one so would be 3v3) then got a little worse each expansion after that until recently.  Its faceroll version isn't really seen as much now even though it is still a good class.

I've played since the beginning of open beta kyros ik and I still watch hs tournies occasionally .-.

Every shaman version is faceroll what're you even talking about lol

It's the Paladin treatment every bad class gets broken or grossly overstatted minions that make the class obnoxious to play versus. It'll continue happening and frankly I've had more than enough of "exciting" minion combat to last me a lifetime '-'

Also idk what you mean by Shaman being used in every tourney in Beta/Classic. Sunshine Hunter with the original Buzzard/Unleash was smashing everyone along with the no nerf Miracle Rogue were destroying everyone for a long period of time making Shaman almost useless.

#49 kyros27 Oldies Spewer of over 4000 Posts! 4543 posts 186.00 XCB

kyros27

Posted 21 July 2016 - 07:40 PM

Original UTH was different.  It buffed all of your beasts on the field and gave them charge.  The op buzzard/UTH combo was after the card was changed.

Shaman was seen all the time in og tournaments.  Midrange was good.  The top classes were mage, murlock, and rogue with shaman having a decent matchup with them.  That was back when people argued rogue hero power being as good as warlock.  Yeah, times are slightly different now lol

#50 Hypermaster117 Oldies WABIT SEASON 2117 posts 265.00 XCB

Hypermaster117

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:23 PM

Original UTH was different.  It buffed all of your beasts on the field and gave them charge.  The op buzzard/UTH combo was after the card was changed.

Shaman was seen all the time in og tournaments.  Midrange was good.  The top classes were mage, murlock, and rogue with shaman having a decent matchup with them.  That was back when people argued rogue hero power being as good as warlock.  Yeah, times are slightly different now lol

That was super duper duper duper long ago o_o

It's just boring how Blizzards solution to every bad class is giving them a bunch of overstatted tempo based minions meh

#51 kyros27 Oldies Spewer of over 4000 Posts! 4543 posts 186.00 XCB

kyros27

Posted 22 July 2016 - 05:54 PM

Rogue for top tier 5ever.  I also love shaman, but I don't like the rep it's gotten since blizz decided to give it op cards.  I liked it before it was cool!  #hipster

#52 Hypermaster117 Oldies WABIT SEASON 2117 posts 265.00 XCB

Hypermaster117

Posted 22 July 2016 - 09:04 PM

Rogue for top tier 5ever.  I also love shaman, but I don't like the rep it's gotten since blizz decided to give it op cards.  I liked it before it was cool!  #hipster

Rogues my favorite class besides Warlock and both classes are very meh to me rn.

Other versions of Warlock besides Zoo are eh and there was so much tempo/aggro floating around I struggled with Rogue.

#53 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9403 posts 690.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:34 AM

thoughts on latest expansion? a tad easy for my liking i was able to clear most of it with my paladin deck no problem (hell i used my golden monkey priest deck against the silverware boss and got him out by like turn 6 so i just stormed the field with legends till i won) though some of the premade deck duels were kinda fun, it was also fun having to come up with some new deck ideas to take down some bosses (like a deck with high cost strong effect minions for the big bad wolf, mostly related to drawing or dealing direct damage, it was a mage deck)

none of the reward cards seem overly useful i mean compared to some of the shit we got in past expansions like Brann Bronzebeard, Sludge Belcher, Chromaggus and whatnot

Edited by Yami Stomach, 06 September 2016 - 03:34 AM.

#54 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2674 posts 158.00 XCB

Gerdat14
  • Interests:Dueling with YVD and playing illegal games with my blanket.. don't ask...

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:47 AM

I am liking the new stuff, specifically the Zoo pieces and the elemental portals. Medivh is super easy to fit into mid range decks, and Barnes is seeing a decent amount of test play.

#55 Hypermaster117 Oldies WABIT SEASON 2117 posts 265.00 XCB

Hypermaster117

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:05 PM

Firelands Portal is pretty good for tempo mage.

Just makes arena mage even more disgusting than it already was. But yes otherwise we didn't get too much.

Shaman got yet another decent card they didn't need in Spirit Claws

#56 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5399 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako
  • Interests:Video Games, Yugioh, and many other things.

Posted 15 October 2016 - 12:06 PM

Ive finally joined in myself on this. Still fairly early and my butt is heavily kickable, but if anyone feels like adding me my number is 12221

#57 Sun Ancient One Pirate 2429 posts 126.00 XCB

Sun
  • Interests:Cake

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:46 AM

Hearsthone sucks now, its becoming like every other card game...all about money

#58 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2674 posts 158.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:38 PM

...Sun, how did it take you 2 years to know it was all about the money? And of course it feels that way now. A new expansion just dropped with a bunch of awesome mechanics introduced. Don't have 60-100 bucks to buy the best or close to the best deck? Well, guess you're going back to the grind wall then. 

Now, back to Pokemon, where the once 400 dollar decks are being sold for 20 bucks a pop, and still kinda function.

#59 kyros27 Oldies Spewer of over 4000 Posts! 4543 posts 186.00 XCB

kyros27

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:07 AM

I started playing again here and there.  omg it is taking forever to get gold rogue.  I think it's funny I'm still winning just fine with C'thun or deathrattle decks from WotoG.  I think I'm going to make Aya if I don't pull her in this next pack.  She's so good.

#60 Gerdat14 Oldies Some Dude 2674 posts 158.00 XCB

Gerdat14

Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:39 AM

Oh look, Kyros figured it out 8 months ago. Yeah, it's me complaining about jade druid and pirate warrior, which after 2-3 weeks into Knights, are still the top 2 decks in the format. However, I think I finally pinned down what makes Jade Druid so good. It's Aya Blackpaw. She's got a 9/7 body for 5 mana in druid, and pretty much ONLY in druid. Hell, rouge got jipped on the Jade cards. And then, when she dies, she's now a 14/12. Aya herself is understated, yes. But the Golems aren't. After the 2/2, every single time you summon a golem, you get more and more mana on the board that's harder and harder to remove. And once the golems get upto and beyond 5/5, your opponent can't trade in with you anymore. 
However, If I'm right and all the power is on Aya, then you can't actually nerf Jade Druid. Idol isn't the problem with the deck, it's just the I win button. Spirit doesn't actually see play in some varients because of his understated nature. Behemoth is already understated at 6, although bumping him to 7 wouldn't change much about the deck. And bumping Blossom to 4 only buys 1 extra turn before the steamroll happens. So why can't you move Aya into the Hall of Legends right now? Because it kills 2 entire other decks. Shaman and rouge need Aya to do anything with jades, rouge especially. While Shaman can end on an 8/8 golem without Aya, that's a full 8 cards they need to invest in that don't really help the win con for Shaman. And Rouge's jade cards are... um... Bad. a 1/1 stealth with deathrattle, a COMBO 2 damage spell, and... no, that's seriously it.
So yeah, enjoy however long year of the mammoth has left in it. I think it's 4 months, but i don't know. Until next year of happens, Jade Druid and pirate warrior will remain the best decks in the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users