Posted Image

#22 L o t u s Oldies Bitch I Might Be 1735 posts 188.00 XCB

L o t u s
  • Interests:Sex.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:54 PM

FRANternal twins.

Fuckin' genius.

hi

Edited by L o t u s, 29 November 2014 - 12:01 AM.

#23 DarkBlaze557 Retired Administrator :/ 12822 posts 100.00 XCB

DarkBlaze557

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:08 PM

I like WIlfred.

#24 L o t u s Oldies Bitch I Might Be 1735 posts 188.00 XCB

L o t u s

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:28 PM

"The story of a manic depressive man who inexplicably is the only one who can see his neighbor's dog as a full grown man in a dog suit."

Lolwut.

#25 GothicKratos Oldies Local Trollolololol 2309 posts 2.00 XCB

GothicKratos

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:32 PM

Breaking Bad.
Weeds.
Lie to Me.
Rescue Me.

#26 Gardevoir Oldies Rawr 611 posts 31.00 XCB

Gardevoir

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:59 PM

Just watch Malcolm in the Middle and Buffy on Netflix. Tv sucks now.

#27 Blydden Oldies ~ Honest ~ 1902 posts 21.00 XCB

Blydden

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:50 PM

There is always Law & Order: Criminal Intent? Or Law & Order: Special Victims Unit if you don't like sleeping at night.

#28 kyros27 Oldies Spewer of over 4000 Posts! 4551 posts 186.00 XCB

kyros27

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:57 PM

Doctor Who

lots of pron

#29 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion
  • Interests:Just let me sleep.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:01 PM

FRANternal twins.

Fuckin' genius.

Indeed. o.o

Anyway, it’s been a while since I've actually tuned into one, and I’m searching for something that’s going to blow my mind. What are some must-watch shows or documentaries? What’s your favorite show/documentary? How many dicks can you fit inside your eye hole? Iguanas?

I suppose National Geographic Channel is the home of documentaries on TV now, but I haven't watched one in ages (I miss that time when Discovery Channel was my favorite channel =/). Now I only watch TV during the weekends. I like/usually watch What Not to Wear (TLC), Fashion Police, Modern Family, Elementary, The Simpsons, Mystery Diagnosis.
It depends on the day, I guess.
They are nice, but I prefer cobras.

#30 L o t u s Oldies Bitch I Might Be 1735 posts 188.00 XCB

L o t u s

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:15 PM

lol Fashion police is fucking hilarious. Gotta love Joan Rivers. Did you see the recent segment about Miley Dumbfuck? I was crying the entire time. I watch enough E! shows like Chelsea Lately and The Soup lulz.

Some shows I’m actively watching:
  • The Office
  • It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
  • Modern Family
  • Awkward
  • The Following
  • American Horror Story
  • Nurse Jackie
  • Girls
What I’ve heard is good:
  • The Walking Dead
  • Orange is the New Black
  • Breaking Bad
  • Firefly
  • The Vampire Diaries
  • Fringe
  • Revolution
I guess no one is a really big fan of documentaries... :(

#31 Blydden Oldies ~ Honest ~ 1902 posts 21.00 XCB

Blydden

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:22 PM

FRANternal twins.

Fuckin' genius.

Indeed. o.o

GG.

I like documentaries, but for me, they seem increasingly rare as TV programs. Having to watch a full-blown movie on the subject is time-consuming when I really shouldn't even have the time to watch TV anyway...

The Walking Dead - You won't sleep at night. Very good, but it still gives me shudders and shivers. I couldn't keep watching if I wanted to sleep at night.
Breaking Bad - Even better, and you might actually be able to sleep at night! (really good)

I have no clue/comment on the other five shows.

#32 Cyberlancer Oldies I seem to be missing something... 1942 posts 98.00 XCB

Cyberlancer
  • Interests:What interests?

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:47 PM

Falling Skies

#33 GothicKratos Oldies Local Trollolololol 2309 posts 2.00 XCB

GothicKratos

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:56 PM

How are you liking Always Sunny? I found it a little....over rated. It's funny, but all my friends made me think I was going to be side splitting the whole time. It felt more like they were aiming for a level of Archer-style edgy, uncomfortable humor, while trying to make serious commentaries on some real-world issues, and the mixed signals were weird for me.

Louie is a show in a similar vein. It's amusing and it keeps you interested, but it's nothing to write home about (which was a disappointment, because I love Louie C.K.), though it keeps true to the awkward, edgy humor.

Doctor Who is alright. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's bad, but I didn't find it captivating. The Walking Dead kind of felt the same way. I can say it was good, but I didn't find a niche in it that compelled me to continue watching.

Fringe is pretty good, if you can let yourself be enveloped in the world. It's world is heavily convoluted because of the nature of the show, but it's an extremely fun sci-fi show.

As far as documentaries, I generally only watch off-beat ones about things I am interested in, and even then, I have to be in a pretty specific mood.

#34 TheLaughingMan-JDS Ancient One Chivalrous Shark 15255 posts 227.00 XCB

TheLaughingMan-JDS

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:18 AM

There's a documentary about the making of The SIlence of the Lambs which I tend to watch when it pops on.

Stuff I've been watching that I can remember at the moment and haven't been mentioned: Under The Dome, Face Off, Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Grimm, Once Upon A Time, Supernatural

The last three aren't in-season atm.

I also wholeheartedly backup that Firefly recommendation.

#35 fluppy Ancient One I didn't know I could change this. 1584 posts 129.00 XCB

fluppy
  • Interests:dead bodies & vaginas

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:09 AM

Just watch Malcolm in the Middle

Definitely do this. Everybody Loves Raymond and Married With Children are hilarious too. As for documentaries:

One about this weird-ass Australian birds called the cassowary:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbWQkY97AY4

Battle of the Brains. About different measures of intelligence and different ways of looking at them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuaTP1ZRL40

Motherfucker: Posted Image
Can't embed most of these now. >:[

Life After People, a speculation about what would happen to the planet if people suddenly went extinct:
youtube.com/watch?v=6XDbcMND7fY

Dangerous Knowledge, about a bunch of mathematicians whose work literally (literally) drove them insane. There's a segment about the mathematician who most inspired me, Georg Cantor, in it. It doesn't actually need much mathematical understanding to enjoy, IIRC. (Note that this link is to part 1/5, the rest are on the right)
http://www.dailymoti.../1#video=xdoe8u

This entire series: Masterminds. It's crazy interesting, about real crimes that happened that had a really unique flavour to them. This episode is one of my favourites:
youtube.com/watch?v=WxapbjcoAv8

This documentary is good too. Cocaine Cowboys

Spiders:
youtube.com/watch?v=1GL09bXxbi4

If you're keen on stepping outta your comfort zone, check out The Rise and Fall of ECW. It is a wrestling documentary, but I don't even like wrestling myself and I loved this. It's more about the business behind it, and how 'extreme wrestling' got pushed out of the limelight by the mainstream-isation of wrestling. Watched it at my mate's house, who's a really keen wrestling fan.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Shit it's longer than I remember. *shrug*

And if you find a documentary you like, look it up here: http://docuwiki.net/...title=Main_Page. Some of 'em will have a "similar documentaries" thing down the bottom, plus you can find categories etc. to look for other stuff. It also has links to (possibly illegal) downloads, but I haven't tried any of them.

Edited by fluppy, 29 August 2013 - 05:44 AM.

#36 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion
  • Interests:Just let me sleep.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:40 AM

lol Fashion police is fucking hilarious. Gotta love Joan Rivers. Did you see the recent segment about Miley Dumbfuck? I was crying the entire time.

>.>b
I didn't... I think they are delayed by 1 week here (subtitles and all), yet the last one I watched was Joan's birthday special, or 1~2 weeks after that. =/
I CAN'T miss it next Sunday then!

#37 fluppy Ancient One I didn't know I could change this. 1584 posts 129.00 XCB

fluppy

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

Another documentary I just watched which I thought was pretty cool: How to Kill a Human Being

Edited by fluppy, 29 August 2013 - 09:47 AM.

#38 L o t u s Oldies Bitch I Might Be 1735 posts 188.00 XCB

L o t u s

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

How are you liking Always Sunny? I found it a little....over rated. It's funny, but all my friends made me think I was going to be side splitting the whole time. It felt more like they were aiming for a level of Archer-style edgy, uncomfortable humor, while trying to make serious commentaries on some real-world issues, and the mixed signals were weird for me.

Lol I've always personally enjoyed the writing, the delivery is always spot-on, and it's just fun to watch, and see what kind of mess the gang is going to get in next. It gets progressively better. I'll even include one of my favorite scenes.

There's a documentary about the making of The SIlence of the Lambs which I tend to watch when it pops on.

Stuff I've been watching that I can remember at the moment and haven't been mentioned: Under The Dome, Face Off, Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Grimm, Once Upon A Time, Supernatural

The last three aren't in-season atm.

I also wholeheartedly backup that Firefly recommendation.

All good suggestions, and yes. I've been hearing people have Firefly-gasms. "If you want to start a scifi show, Firefly is the way to go."

Just watch Malcolm in the Middle

Definitely do this. Everybody Loves Raymond and Married With Children are hilarious too. As for documentaries:

One about this weird-ass Australian birds called the cassowary:

Battle of the Brains. About different measures of intelligence and different ways of looking at them.

Motherfucker: Posted Image
Can't embed most of these now. >:[

Life After People, a speculation about what would happen to the planet if people suddenly went extinct:

Dangerous Knowledge, about a bunch of mathematicians whose work literally (literally) drove them insane. There's a segment about the mathematician who most inspired me, Georg Cantor, in it. It doesn't actually need much mathematical understanding to enjoy, IIRC. (Note that this link is to part 1/5, the rest are on the right)

This entire series: Masterminds. It's crazy interesting, about real crimes that happened that had a really unique flavour to them. This episode is one of my favourites:

This documentary is good too. Cocaine Cowboys

Spiders:
youtube.com/watch?v=1GL09bXxbi4

If you're keen on stepping outta your comfort zone, check out The Rise and Fall of ECW. It is a wrestling documentary, but I don't even like wrestling myself and I loved this. It's more about the business behind it, and how 'extreme wrestling' got pushed out of the limelight by the mainstream-isation of wrestling. Watched it at my mate's house, who's a really keen wrestling fan.

And if you find a documentary you like, look it up here: http://docuwiki.net/...title=Main_Page. Some of 'em will have a "similar documentaries" thing down the bottom, plus you can find categories etc. to look for other stuff. It also has links to (possibly illegal) downloads, but I haven't tried any of them.

Life After People definitely seems like a documentary I'd be interested in along with Battle of the Brains. I will surely pen those down on my handy dandy notepad.exe.

Another documentary I just watched which I thought was pretty cool: How to Kill a Human Being
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj8Lj2CXu9k

Now I'm sure you're a murderer.

#39 fluppy Ancient One I didn't know I could change this. 1584 posts 129.00 XCB

fluppy

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:45 PM

Now I'm sure you're a murderer.

It's actually about finding a humane way to kill people for the death penalty. Not as gruesome as you might expect.

#40 Newman Oldies The Aerial Avenger 699 posts 4.00 XCB

Newman
  • Interests:YGO, Pokemon, video games, anime, manga, working out and reading.

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:59 PM

Doctor Who has gradually gotten more immature as the show goes on. It's become more mainstream since Steven Moffat took over as the Showrunner and if you ask me he's running it into the ground, he's an excellent show writer, but as the actual lead showrunner he's terrible.

I'd say give it a try, a show that has over 50 years of history is nothing to laugh about. If you do want to start, start with the 9th Doctor Christopher Eggleston, it's a good reboot plus he's the first Doctor of NewWho (Doctor's 1-8 are considered OldWho, since the show was cancelled for a brief period of time).

With the new 12th Doctor Peter Capaldi, he's as old as William Hartnell the 1st Doctor was when the show started, 55 years old. So I'm hoping to see a darker more mature Doctor, cause as cool as the 11th was, he pretty much was made to appeal to the younger generation to get them back into the show. If you do wanna leave the show alone, I don't blame you lol. I personally love the show, though.

Edited by Newman, 01 September 2013 - 10:59 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users