Photo
- - - - - 34 replies to this topic

Story of a Town/Country Lad: Finally getting things together.

Stomach, Blog, Town

• Please log in to reply

#1 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9403 posts 690.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:33 AM

Well since i am currently plagued by 3 little tortures who are doing their damndest to make sure i am up before 7 i suppose i could start a blog because that’s what all the cool cats are doing.

So for those who don’t know my I am Martin, a young 300lb 16 year old boy from Ballymoney Town, Northern Ireland just across the water from England and across the border from Drunkenland Ireland.

I am a huge gamer and currently own a PSP, PS2, Wii, DS Lite,DSi and 3Ds for the most part I am a Nintendo fanboy but I have deviated before. My first console was my grandmother’s SNES which I played the hell out of we played Donkey kong country and Super Mario world all the time while I enjoyed LoZ ALttP and Super Metroid and Killer Instinct and Rival Turf and Secret of Mana and a lot of other cool games. When I was about 4 my brother got an N64 and we played the hell out of Goldeneye and Killer Instinct gold (a game I still love playing to this day) when I was 5 I got myself a PS1 and enjoyed Crash Bandicoot and Spyro as well as Yu-Gi-Oh forbidden memories for quite some time till I was 7 and got a PS2. I’m glad I got my PS2 as it introduced me to my favourite game series, Ratchet and Clank a series I still go back and play today it has cool weapons and great level design great atmosphere and actually good voice acting plus it’s a decent challenge without being ridiculous (exception goes to Emperor Otto from size matters who is a complete asshole) and it has tons of replay value with every game having a “Ryno” Variant (Rip Ya a New One) that costs a crapton to buy as well as upgraded forms of your weapons and more stuff requiring tons of cash this is made easier by challenge mode which makes the game harder but gives you more bolts and I have personally played through challenge mode on R+C 2 a total of 14 times (it counts for you).
As well as those I also enjoyed the Tony Hawk’s series (yknow before it sucked) and played Underground and American wasteland quite a bit i also enjoyed Yu-Gi-Oh Capsule Monster Colliseum and Duelist of the Roses which were quite unique I thought plus there was FFX which was great fun too. I also occasionally went through the bargain bin and found some cheap games to try out like Zone of the Enders ( a decent Mecha game by Konami) and Malice (a fairly unique platformer) as well as replaying all my old PS1 games.
Sadly all good things must come to an end and most of my Ps2 games don’t work fully anymore I think this is mostly due to me mistreating the games when I was younger as any newer games I get on amazon or ebay work fine the only game that work 100% are Tony Hawk’s American Wasteland and MMX8 and Shadow the Hedgehog while some like R+C 3 and FFX work partially.

I treat my wii with much better respect now I’m older and wiser currently my library consists of Super Mario Galaxy 2, No More Heroes and NMH 2, Punch Out!!, Guitar Hero warriors of Rock, Brawl, Mario Kart wii, Tatsunoko VS Capcom Ultimate All Stars, and Worms Battle islands as well as Xenoblade Chronicles a brilliant RPG I would recommend picking up if you have a wii though it is quite scarce now (It only came out in Europe and Japan until finally after enough nagging it came out in the USA as short print so it might be hard to find) I also have LoZ Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess. As for downloaded titles I have Megaman 9 and 10, Castlevania 3 Dracula’s curse, LoZ Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask, Secret of Mana and the phoenix wright trilogy all of which I enjoy playing in fact I consider Ocarina of Time to be one of if not THE best game of all time.

My DS Library is mostly pokemon related with Diamond, Platinum, Blue Rescue Team, Explorers of darkness and explorers of sky, White, Black 2 and Ranger, Guardian Signs I used to have SS and I enjoyed it but I traded it in for a discount on White (though if I had known B/W 2 would be coming out soon after I wouldn’t have bothered)

Other than that I also have New Super Mario Bros, Plants VS Zombies, Dragon Quest VI, Sonic Chronicles the Dark Brotherhood Yu-Gi-Oh World Championshio 2009 (I feel it’s the weakest in the series I still go back and play 08 and I still love to play 2010/11 but I feel no desire to replay 09) and Finally Bleach, The 3rd Phantom (a surprisingly good Anime based game which is pardon my pun a rarity to come by honestly it’s a decent SRPG nearly identical to fire emblem though with some changes such as a Type system of Power,Speed,Tech used instead of the weapons triangle and skills being used as well as spiritual pressure determining how you do against certain enemies and bankai)

My 3ds library is limited for the moment with only MK7, Street Fighter IV and Sonic Generations though I hope to get Fire Emblem awakening and maybe a few others soon for my birthday.

My PSP library is fairly limited too with Tag Force 3,4,5 Ratchet and Clank size matters, Dissidia 012 and FFIV The complete collection.

I love playing Team Fortress 2 at the weekends (granny has a stronger laptop mine cant run it properly) and I really like playing as each class though my most gameplay time is apparently with Demoman according to the in game stats while second is scout and least played is pyro I enjoy all the game modes like Versus Saxton Hale, Mann VS Machine, TF2 x10, Jailbreak and normal game modes.

I am a huge RPG nut and I love the original Final Fantasy series having played 1-10 excluding 9 and completed 1,2,4,6,7,8,10 I also enjoy the dragon quest series of games and the mana series of games and I already mentioned Xenoblade Chronicles and Bleach the 3rd phantom I also enjoy Fire Emblem. I haven’t personally played any WRPGs but if I had the chance to play say Skyrim I definitely would. I also want to play Legend of the Dragoon, Skies of Arcadia, Baten Kaitos, Tales of Symphonia and the Golden Sun series someday.

I am a fan of some anime specifically Digimon, Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh and a couple of others I really enjoy digimon and think it’s awesome and in no way a pokemon rip off. The designs are really epic (Greymon>>>> Charizard) and I enjoyed the first 3 season of the anime very much (Adventure, Adventure 02 and Tamers) While data squad isn’t that bad either. I haven’t seen every episode ever but I have seen most of pokemon (ok I lied I HAVE seen every episode of D/P saga but not the rest) and ive seen most of the movies and enjoyed them with Spell of the Unown being one of my favourites though Lucario and the Mystery of Mew is a close second.
I haven’t seen ZeXal but ive seen every episode of the other 3 seasons of Yu-Gi-Oh and 5Ds is my favourite. And I’ve seen a few episodes of Clannad and really enjoyed it and really must get around to watching the rest of it.

I currently have a windows vista laptop that can run most things well but nothing too powerful it can emulate the DS effectively and anything below it (basically NES, SNES, Genesis, N64,Ps1, GBA and DS) I play Pokemon Online quite a bit and use Devpro too since I like it better than DN. Other than that I just surf the web most of the day and play videogames watch a bit of TV occasionally.

I mentioned 3 tortures at the start well those would be my nephews aged 1,4 and 6. why did my big bro have to have children? *sigh* well anyway they got booted from their house cuz it was being sold by the landlord so they need to stay with us for awhile (a week, 2 weeks max) sadly this means my little nephews are going to come into my room constantly and annoy me and never leave me alone not to mention put a lot of stress on my parents and me and they woke me this morning at 6:30 and probably will try to do the same again tomorrow. A growing boy needs more than six and a half hours of sleep dammit!

I recently finished school and will be going on to tech in September. Tech is short for Technical institution and it’s basically College or IDGAF school it’s for the people who are only good at like one thing and give up on juggling half a dozen school subjects. I’m going to do a course in ICT and computing hopefully moving into game design (maybe work for a company or maybe freelance who knows?) but yeah I recently finished exams and did pretty shit I think.
Physics was a nightmare I couldn’t remember any of my equations and shit
Chemistry was alright but a bit long winded
Geography was alright but it could’ve gone better
Business Studies was fine
ICT Was fine
R.E Was Fine
Maths Was fine
English was fine

And that’s about it if I get good enough grades I can move on to tech.

So that’s my first blog post I guess. I’ll update when I feel like it or when/if anything significant happens.

Peace.

Edited by Yami Stomach, 09 September 2017 - 03:45 PM.

#2 TheLaughingMan-JDS Ancient One Chivalrous Shark 15255 posts 227.00 XCB

TheLaughingMan-JDS

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:44 AM

I saw nothing in there about ponies.

#3 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion
  • Interests:Just let me sleep.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:10 AM

I saw nothing in there about ponies.

There is an accidental Rarity mention over there. =P

WTF Stomach, how were you even able to play games so young? o_o

And I guess no one here knew you name. >.>

Also, damn you people from rich countries... If your game libraries are limited, what are mine? Samples?

#4 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9403 posts 690.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:12 AM

>rich
this shit has been collected up for years bro i have to buy all my games myself and i'm lucky to get £200 a year from my dad and a few christmas presents
not to mention i traded in soulssilver for a discount on white version and i got a set of 3 mystery dungeon games free with my DSi (i got it used from GAME and it came with Blue Rescue Team, Explorers of time and explorers of darkness and i sold Time to a guy at school for £20 since Time/Darkness are pretty much identical)

i sorta taught myself how to play mario and donkey kong country but granny had to do the harder parts for me (of course now i could whoop her to hell and back at any of those games) as for the N64 games goldeneye was kinda just fun i didnt know how to play it properly and KI Gold was just my big bro owning me repeatedly with Jago while i put up a half decent fight with Sabrewulf (all his moves are left, right, button not hard to pull off)

#5 GothicKratos Oldies Local Trollolololol 2309 posts 2.00 XCB

GothicKratos

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

If you liked Tales of Symphonia, you should try to check out the other games in the series.

#6 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9403 posts 690.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:59 AM

I havent played Tales but it looks awesome and i want to play it sometime maybe i will look at the rest of the Tales series

#7 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9403 posts 690.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:30 PM

So yeah havent done much over the last week im playing through Firered again nuzelocke style with a few extra rules (one poke per route as usual but no dupes and no in battle items furthermore no pokemon can be equal or above the level of the next leader's highest levelled poke or they must be boxed until afterwards) and the same on platinum i'm also going to replay FFIV.

My little cousin was watching The Smurfs today at grannys and i just felt full of nostalgia glancing at them while TF2ing seeing all the familliar faces like Gargamel and Papa Smurf floodiing back to me it just felt nice.

And to cap of the weekend i got the absolute shit kicked out of me by my big brother
He goes to an MMA Club in his hometown (formerly my hometown) and enjoys watching MMA and Cage Fighting (the real stuff) and as such he is training in MMA and hopes to some day teach it (though his Sons are already learning it thank god for a 250lb advantage or they would be kicking the crap out of me too) so we boxed awhile which i was moderately good at and then we grappled MMA style with proper gloves and all where he beat me up i did manage to get him in a belly to back hold though and were we not going easy i couldve easily hoisted him for a german suplex likely ending our "fun" right there (in hindsight i should have)

I'm not as good at formal fighting as him and i honestly prefer powerful slams and take downs though they are performed safely and for entertainment in WWE and similar organisations they can be done in real life with enough strength and can be very effective in a real fight.

I'm much stronger than him though he has a distinct experience advantage and formal training however if it came down to a real fight assuming i could get one big slam several more would follow and i would likely win however conversely the same is also true were he to lock in a good armbar or a couple of crossface's i would probably Tap out unless i could muster the strength to break free.

So yeah getting the crap kicked out of you is not fun

#8 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9403 posts 690.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

So ive been doing some cool shit over the last week

i gave up on platinum due to underleveied team full of crap at the 3rd gym and my CBA grinding attitude after what happened with gardenia (for those who werent on IRC basically i had to spend the whole of monday grinding a buneary and then through some blue moon chance in hell god luck i got a crit and OHKOd her roserade which would otherwise have swept my team)

now im stuck at the third gym with a level 25 prinplup 23 meditite and 23 onix and lv 19 budew which i could level
did i mention A. its a ghost gym and B. her strongest poke has a grass move and a psychic move

i beat FFIV advance again (well not totally since i still have to beat Zeromus with Porom Yang Cid and Edward then do the lunar ruins) and once i beat it im prolly going to replay FFV

i also restarted Xenoblade Chronicles (i played it alot awhile back on my second playthrough and about 2/3 of the way through i played at like 8AM when i wasnt fully awake and acc deleted my save file and lost my Twilight Sparkle, yeah this time im using 2 save slots)

Me and my Dad watched Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince as well as Dumb and Dumber earlier today it was pretty hilarious seeing 2 guys groan about never getting a break then seeing a bus full of hot chicks on a bikini tour needing 2 lotion boys and instead of taking the job themselves like real men, they point them to a town down the road. My god they are Dumb

I havent seen any friends since school ended (not that i give a fuck other than Claire <3)
Claire is a friend of mine who's kinda like me minus 200lbs of body fat. unsociable, awkward, Gamer, good at ICT
sadly she's extremely intelligent and driven unlike me so she's staying on at school while i go to Tech though we live in the same town and i'm sure i can keep in contact with her and see her at some point she is coming to my birthday and the Lammas fair though i do get a bit Fluttershy around her i'm sure i can calm down long enough to chat with her i also think she's beautiful even though physically she isn't the most attractive girl i guess finding someone like her is a real Rarity what do you guys think i should do?

My bro beat the crap out of me again though i was able to put up a better fight this time after i Applejacked up the strength and flung him across the yard.
Quote: Him :"you cant run forever." Me: I can Damn Well try

Well this was fun but i gotta Rainbow Dash imma play some Pokemon online maybe IRC a bit.

Edited by Stomach The MachoPony, 14 July 2013 - 04:14 PM.

#9 MyBlackwingPlaylist Oldies American Psycho 9015 posts 0.00 XCB

MyBlackwingPlaylist

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

I say go for it with Claire. Physical attraction means very little (I was friends with someone for three years and never found her attractive, then I started having feelings for her and she became the most beautiful, adorable girl in the world). Ultimately, if you like her on a personal level, that's all that really matters.

#10 GothicKratos Oldies Local Trollolololol 2309 posts 2.00 XCB

GothicKratos

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

I say go for it with Claire. Physical attraction means very little (I was friends with someone for three years and never found her attractive, then I started having feelings for her and she became the most beautiful, adorable girl in the world). Ultimately, if you like her on a personal level, that's all that really matters.

#11 Hypermaster117 Oldies WABIT SEASON 2117 posts 265.00 XCB

Hypermaster117
  • Interests:Anime, YGO, Vanguard, LoL

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:55 PM

Solution to not getting beaten up.

RRRUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

nah.

Nuttin you can't really do about it he got MMA training :|

#12 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9403 posts 690.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

Bleh Update i guess.

Well something good will be happening this week (not spoiling but let's just say ya'll better be here on wednesday) and my parents are taking me and claire bowling then for a nice meal out on saturday so that'l be pretty fun.

Then the not so fun stuff, summer's nearly done and in a week or so... Exam results come out (i'm already afraid) but hey maybe i can get claire to come with me to the fair again this year.

for those who dont know what the lammas fair is:http://en.wikipedia....uld_Lammas_Fair
Basically the whole of my old hometown is choc a block with people walking up and down the streets buying shit up without a car to be seen there's a lot of cool shit to buy and a lot of cheap knock off stuff too (i did get this decent lens cleaner once which was basically a chinese documentary with 2 brushes stuck on but hell that's all you need) claire has gone on the monday with me for the last 2 years and hopefully if all goes to plan i can nab her again this year and hell i might even get a chance to hang with her sometime too in town.

As for gaming i've been nuzelockeing Black 2 and i'm currently at lentimas town with 29 trapinch 36 serperior 35 arcanine and 35 sandslash and a patrat HM slave i'm doing alright compared to the pile of fail that was my platinum nuzelocke. i've finally gotten around to finishing Dragon Quest VI (after 2 years) i'm at the final dungeon and all i have left is it and a couple of aftergame things and it's done i also played through Twilight princess again and got to near the end (city in the sky) i'd say a couple more sessions of playing could get the game finished then i was gonna maybe play thorough Skyward Sword again but it depends what i get with my birthday money

i'm probably gonna get WWE13 (i am a bit of a fan) and Fire Emblem: Awakening but as for the rest i honestly have no clue what to get i'll likely get a point card but i dont know if i should put it towards 3Ds or Wii (or get 2) 3Ds dosent have anything spectacular yet but i hear GB Megaman 5 ais coming to it soon while there isnt many Wii games i want that i cant just emulate (god i wish banjo kazooie was available on wii VC) though Castlevania Rondo of Blood looks good

you guys got any suggestions? (i got a wii and a 3Ds as well as VC on both)

#13 Cyberlancer Oldies I seem to be missing something... 1942 posts 98.00 XCB

Cyberlancer
  • Interests:What interests?

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

Fire Emblem: Awakening is very good. Also, I would check out the Shin Megami Tensei series of games. The Devil Survivor games are part of it so I highly recommend getting the 3DS remake. The newest installment of the series, Shin Megami Tensei IV came out recently as well, so I would give that a try.

#14 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9403 posts 690.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:40 AM

so blog post a go go

Let's start with Videogames. i've been playing black 2 still and i'm up to opelucid (nearly) with pelliper vibrava serperior sandslash and arcanine i'm doing pretty well tbh no trainers are ridiculously tough and nothing is repeatedly getting raped.

i'm also doing an "Ultimate Monotype Challenge" for those who dont know it's a challenge created on pokecommunity that i posted a thread for here that never went anywhere
basically you play through a single game OR a game from each region with a team in each game consisting of the same type of pokemon
i completed it awhile back with psychic and now i'm doing bug i've beaten Yellow and i've beaten lance on crystal moving on to kanto now

For yellow i just marathoned all day
Brock was easy he has no rock types in G1
Misty was a bit tougher due to there being ONE bug move in the whole game which i didnt have at that point so nothing SE vs starmie it came down to butterfree sleep powder + confusion to death (she spammed X items but no potions for some reason)
Surge was fairly easy due to him only having raichu, stun spore + supersonic from venonat later and he's practically killing himself
Erika was piss easy cuz Grass AND poison are both weak to bug this gen for some reason so parasect had a grand old time so did venonat and butterfree.
Koga was tough because the gym trainers all have pokemon around the mid 30s which is fine that's the level i was at
then he busts out 3 level 44 venonats and a level 50 (yeah FIFTY) Venomoth thankfully butterfree was able to get a clean sweep (i had been to saffron earlier and got psychic)
Sabrina was a bit tough but nothing i couldnt handle her abra cant attack so scyther set up 3 Swords Dance and shredded through her team
Blaine was a Nightmare with his fucking fire blast arcanine but eventually pinsir lived a fire blast followed by him stupidly using take down as i healed (out of fire blast?) so i was able to finish him with strength.
Giovanni was farily easy the 2 nidos were butterfree bait the persian went down to pinsir and the rhydon was just too damn slow so i was able to put it to sleep and Mega drain it to death
Lorelei was easy enough cuz scyther managed to set up a bit on dewgong and kill a few things before pinsir cleaned up
Bruno was easy clean sweep for butterfree (Mega drain + psychic)
Agatha was a clean venomoth sweep
Lance was a bit tougher but eventually he went down
Green wasn't too difficult cuz i had a surprising variety of Bug + Grass + Psychic moves on my team

Final Team
Pinsir 54
Scyther 55
Butterfree 57
Venomoth 55
Parasect 55

Crystal wasnt too difficult either
Falkner was cake since his main move mud slap dosent affect butterfree OR ledyba so tacklefest later killed pidgey and a few confusions later and pidgeotto was down
Bugsy was fairly easy too i used the cocoons to train ledyba to 18 then sleep powder + Confusion killed scyther now i have ledian :3
Whitney killed me once (Damn 4x super effective move) but after a bit of levelling and a missed rollout i put her to sleep and chipped away at her miltank till it died
Morty was easy i used his gym to train up venonat and butterfree took down gengar
Chuck was fairly easy too due to venonat and butterfree BOTH having confusion
Jasmine was tough, i couldve pussied out and taught ledian fire punch but i'm too awesome for that so instead pinsir somehow hoisted a massive iron snake into the air and chucked it sky high (seismic toss) till it died
Pryce was fairly easy cuz scizor
Clair was a bit tougher but nothing too bad i was able to slowly chip away with ice punch on her dragonairs and sleep powder on the kingdra then bring in pinsir to clean up

Will was a clean Scizor sweep
i was doign ok against koga till he decided to hax me to no end till i said fuck it brought in scizor set up 3 SD and shredded him to pieces
Bruno was a repeat performence of kanto (solarbeam + psybeam)
Karen was tough as hell
here's what happened. so her umbreon goes down to pinsir fairly easy but then she brings in her houndoom which shredded my team with flamethrower, my last poke is ledian, i have no hope, i send it in and choose thunderpunch fearing the worst
he lived a flamethrower with 17HP and paralysed with thunderpunch allowing me to revive pinsir while he was paralysed and get in a headbutt before dieing. pinsir finished it off and healed to full health vs vileplume and killed it i also revived butterfree, butterfree took down the gengar with psybeam and pinsir finished off murkrow

Lance was tough too as i excpected but nothing i couldnt handle gyarados went down to ledian's thunderpunch, dragonite #1 let me set up SD and kill it with scizor then he brought in charizard i fired off a quick attack before dieing and then threw out ledian which killed it with headbutt butterfree dodged a rock slide and put aerodactyl to sleep then chipped it to death before ledian killed dragonite #2 with ice punch i brought in butterfree and healed up ledian as it died from fire blast then i threw in ledian, i lived a fire blast and ice punch did just over halt, i ninjadodged a second fire blast and killed him with ice punch

WHO SAID LEDIAN SUCKS!?
Final Team
Ledian 45
Ariados 43
Butterfree 45
Venomoth 44
Pinsir 45
Scizor 47

and now on to the real reason i made this blog post.
so today i was going to have to go to my school and pick up my GCSE results (or so i thought) so my mother woke me at half 9 (had to be in by like 10) to get dressed and go i waited a moment while she got the mail and
there they were, in the mail. normally you go pick them up as soon as they are released instead of waiting for the unreliable mail service to deliver em but i dont know what happened today but here they are
my grades werent too bad
in order from worst to best
Spanish: E
Physics: D
Chemistry: D
Geography: C
Business Studies: C
English Language: C
Maths : B
R.E: B
ICT: A

so there you go i should be all set for tech

#15 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:07 AM

Nice Ledian there. xD

Spanish: E
Physics: D
Chemistry: D

What a shame.

#16 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9403 posts 690.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:08 AM

i sucked at physics i had a mean chemistry teacher and i sucked at all languages (i was shit at french in 1-3 year too)

#17 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9403 posts 690.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:25 PM

Well i guess it's time for a blog post.

So i got WWE13, Fire Emblem Awakening AND a 2k point card in the mail with £25 left over from a few gifts for the lammas fair (fuck all for me to buy the only things i bought were a tin of red bull from my dad and half a dozen tins of pepsi at 50p each from my mother's purse)

so i could get another point card or i could look for a cheap-ish game on amazon or something the problem is i've bought all i want/can buy ATM since most of the games i want are coming soon (Wright VS Layton, Dual Destinies, DQ7 remake, new Smash bros, Zelda 3Ds thingy) so i'm thinking i'll save it there's also the fact i want to save for a wii U (for future refrence) or a Windows 7 laptop (though i could wait for the wii u since there isnt anything YET i want and chances for a price drop are high)

i used the card on my Wii and Got Kirby's Fun Pak and Super Mario RPG (never came out in europe outside of WiiWare)

so my thoughts on all the games

WWE13: Fantastic game the gameplay is a bit complex but once you get it it's really fun it also feels more realistic than the previous titles like i'm in an actual wrestling ring (a bodyslam isn't nessecarily going to down a man for 10 full seconds at the start of a match) the throwback to the best days of WWF/E are fantastic especially Mick Foley's 4 gimmicks, 90s rock, Stone Cold, HBK, New Age Outlaws, Mike Tyson hell all of them rock plus i do like some of the newer guys like Daniel Bryan and i can play as them too plus the selection of music for entrance customisation is fantastic my only gripe with the game is that for the 3rd time in a row they basically recycled the Create a Superstar and Create a Finisher sections with the same exact options for customization that were in SDVR2010 at least they added more moves for your moveset and more entrance options.

Kirby's Fun Pak: Not worth the 800 points TBH sure it's a good enough kirby platformer but it's wayyyyy too short hell kirby's adventure on NES was longer than this game it's basically a short kirby game + 5 minigames i regret buying it sadly but it's still alright

Fire Emblem: Awakening: havent played much of it but it seems good so far i especially like how you can reforge weapons back to their origonal state and some weapons never break (i always thought the weapons breaking system was BS sure it made it more difficult and added realism but it's still BS i mean a metal sword isnt going to break from slicing a guy 30 times is it?)

Super Mario RPG: best buy by far it's a great game which i overlooked for YEARS i dled it and played it on an emu a few years back and brushed it off as simply meh but now that i can play it with an actual SNES controller (Well classic controller but same damn thing) it feels much better the timed button presses take a while to get used to but once you do it's fun as hell the characters are quite good and the scenario is pretty awesome too i cant wait to play more of it.

I also mentioned in the Teams Tournament thread how i was seeing a girl today, well i did, i saw claire at her house.
we had a good time played a variety of games looked up every youtube vid we could think of and chatted and ate pizza and had a blast.
she kicked my ass at pokemon battle revolution (she had a fully evolved well rounded team while mine was a crappy rental team in my defence i put up a good fight bringing it to damn near 0-1 in the end) she also beat me at XD despite her saying i got the better pokes and she killed me at Star Wars Battlefront 2 though to be fair it was my first time playing the game.
i kicked her ass at worms though (she hadnt played it in years while i played armageddon the other day :P) and did well at MK7 i also kicked ass at brawl which we spent a good few hours on (She played a lot of characters ranging from kirby jigglypuff wolf and ike while i played toon link, snake,lucas and falco i did the best with falco)
We watched YGOTAS 59 which she hadnt seen yet and laughed at it a fair bit and i introduced her to shadyvox's GX Abridged which she enjoyed watching we also watched some random youtube poops and SFM vids while she showed me some cool layton videos and a cool ninja gaiden 2 opening parody with Ace Attorney as well as a TMNT Parody with Ace Attorney.

overall i had a great time and i hope she did too.

To Do List:
1. Finally Finish Trials and Tribulations (THIS Close to finishing it)
2. Finish WWE13 Attitude Era Mode
3. Finish SMRPG
4. Finish Fire Emblem Awakening

#18 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9403 posts 690.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

Well i got good news.

i went for an interview at the Tech this morning and i got in! i started today and it was alright but it was mostly tutorial lectures the real fun will begin shortly

my timetable is whack, no really i'm in for a total of 3 days

Monday: In all day
Tues: In till 13:00
Wed: In All Day
Thurs: Not In
Friday: In till 10:30

like jesus christ! ok i know i have 3 free slots after 10:30 on friday but come on i could do all that work in the comfort of my own home if i can get the fuck out of there back to my sweet sweet laptop then i damn well will.

also nobody commented on my previous post :( i am unloved by all

#19 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:07 AM

It's because it was mostly about video games. =/
But nice you had so much fun with Claire. =]

"All day" ends at 18:00?

#20 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9403 posts 690.00 XCB

Yami Stomach

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:44 AM