Photo
- - - - - 118 replies to this topic

Gunnybear goes to OCGland

• Please log in to reply

#41 Gunnybear Oldies Pro Lurker 2149 posts 65.00 XCB

Gunnybear

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

Thanks guys, but it'd make me feel worse if my own misfortune caused you guys problems

Really thankful for the offers, but the thought is enough

#42 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5681 posts 146.00 XCB

Gren
  • Interests:Interests? What interests?

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:48 PM

Wow, that sucks. I also laugh at the thought on how Parents are more immature about something then their kids are. The problem isn't you guys, it's them.

EDIT: Hell, I'd donate my collection since it's basically sitting around doing nothing.

#43 Cyberlancer Oldies I seem to be missing something... 1942 posts 98.00 XCB

Cyberlancer
  • Interests:What interests?

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

I know a guy selling an Infernity deck. I might be able to pull some strings.

#44 Gunnybear Oldies Pro Lurker 2149 posts 65.00 XCB

Gunnybear

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

Thanks Cyber, but I got the whole deck already xD

~~~

So like Club Commission is giving me the silent treatment after I replied to their last denial, so it seems that they are hoping I'll forget about it, and/or just ran out of reasons to reject us...

Took an hour or so this afternoon and finished the story for Pokemmo, still think more of you guys should play that game :D

#45 Hypermaster117 Oldies WABIT SEASON 2117 posts 265.00 XCB

Hypermaster117
  • Interests:Anime, YGO, Vanguard, LoL

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:35 AM

I'm sorry Gunny if their's anything you need just ask me.

I'll be quitting rl playing due to all my stuff being shreds.

Depending on what the revenge is it should be fine....

#46 GothicKratos Oldies Local Trollolololol 2309 posts 2.00 XCB

GothicKratos

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

Club commission?

#47 Hypermaster117 Oldies WABIT SEASON 2117 posts 265.00 XCB

Hypermaster117
  • Interests:Anime, YGO, Vanguard, LoL

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

Club commission?

The grand masterminds who control what is a club and what isn't.

#48 Exarion Team XC Pretty Face 5159 posts 202.00 XCB

Exarion
  • Interests:Just let me sleep.

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

Moving on from this, you need to focus your energies elsewhere. On revenge. Use your training, Gunny. Shoot that bitch.

LOL

That's really bad, Gunny. =/
But why the hell your parents forbid you to go to locals? Your grades weren't touched! Or are your parents thinking that Hyper will be at locals after that?

#49 GothicKratos Oldies Local Trollolololol 2309 posts 2.00 XCB

GothicKratos

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

Club commission?

What kind of club are you trying to get approved?

The grand masterminds who control what is a club and what isn't.

#50 Gunnybear Oldies Pro Lurker 2149 posts 65.00 XCB

Gunnybear

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

They don't really want me spending more time on the game, and they're just angry over this in general

#51 Gren Team XC That One Guy 5681 posts 146.00 XCB

Gren
  • Interests:Interests? What interests?

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

Sounds like the case of no fun allowed.

#52 kyros27 Oldies Spewer of over 4000 Posts! 4551 posts 186.00 XCB

kyros27

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

I'm not seeing how any of this is your fault much less why either your parents or Hyper's are so odd.

#53 Zane Kamanako Oldies Executioner of Dark World. 5482 posts 6.00 XCB

Zane Kamanako
  • Interests:Video Games, Yugioh, and many other things.

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

All parents are odd. That's what keeps some of us around our family.

#54 Abyss Oldies The One and the Only! 4463 posts 55.00 XCB

Abyss
  • Interests:YuGiOh,chilling and TV of course.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:05 AM

All parents are odd. That's what keeps some of us around our family.

Boy you have no idea...I'm neck deep in shit like this o_o

#55 Gunnybear Oldies Pro Lurker 2149 posts 65.00 XCB

Gunnybear

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:15 AM

Holy fuck

You probably noticed the lack of updates lately, but with SATs and tests everywhere this wasn't really a priority. Anyway, the SAT scores came out as 2180, an improvement of only 60 points, and 20 away from my goa- wait, the goal my parents set for me. Needless to say, a shitstorm brewed along with a volcano of shit erupting thousands of feet into the sky. Test grades also came back as 83,88 and 91. Low enough for me to get yelled at for an hour.

Nevermind the fact that I go to one of the toughest school in the bay area or hell maybe even the state, or the fact that I transfered here from one of the easiest school districts in the continent where I spent 8 years apparently "lagging behind" everyone. Nevermind the fact that my teachers constantly give out busywork or don't give two shits about balancing with your other classes. "You have a test in x class tomorrow? I guess I'll give you another one as well!"

So about an hour ago I ask to sleep earlier (10:30pm) since my average 5-6 hours of sleep on weekdays was starting to stress me out, and get yelled at again about how APs are in a month and finals in two. And I kinda snapped. Just stopped giving a shit. Who cares about classes and stuff if I am literally eating away at myself to do them? And my dad took exception to that. He can be real malicious when he's pissed. Gave me a lecture bout how I can't do shit, how I'm worthless the usual yadayada. When this kinda crap is coming from your main role model in life that just has an extra layer of pain.

tldr; Grades not up to par with expectations, self confidence tanking

And if you're annoyed at the rant, who told you to expect anything else? :P

Edited by Gunnybear, 02 April 2013 - 01:15 AM.

#56 Jesse Team XC Head Admin 5529 posts 434.00 XCB

Jesse

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:26 AM

I really don't mean to offend any of your family members, but how fucking hard is it to give confidence once in a while? I have my exams coming up as well. My dad's been telling me to do well so I can live the life I want to live in the future. He's telling me to keep many doors open. He doesn't tell me I'm worthless, because then there would be no hope and no motivation.

I don't know how clever you actually are, Gunny. You do, though. If you know you can do it - get the results you need - then you need to set your mind to it. Easier said than done, I know, but you'll be reaping the rewards.

Maybe you can bounce of the 'worthless' comment as your motivation? Prove your father that he's wrong, and if you do, everyone's happy.

Good luck in the exams!

#57 BryceHarperFan Oldies Grand Ultimate Super Poster 2965 posts 424.00 XCB

BryceHarperFan

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:33 AM

Um you're doing amazingly well, since you're doing SATs and AP classes I'll assume that you're almost out of highschool. Those grades that you got from hard work are going to get you into probably any university that you want, with a scholarship too most likely. How are they not seeing that you're doing extremely well and that this amount of pressure is making you fall apart?

I think you need to tell them that you are trying your best and that you are clearly getting results. What more do they expect from you? Don't ever think you're worthless. It's disgusting that your dad said that to you, because he sounds like the main reason that you're working so hard. They don't see how much you care about them to work so hard for high grades to please them.

Also I think your earlier posts said that they hated that you played Yugioh? Really? A game that helps you be creative/logical is bad? Maybe you should ask them if they'd prefer you go out and use hardcore drugs or something instead of playing a card game.

I hope things work out for you, if anything, you only have a few months left to deal with them before you're on your own.

#58 Yami Stomach Oldies Wut 9469 posts 691.00 XCB

Yami Stomach
  • Interests:Who gives a shit.

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:06 AM

Um you're doing amazingly well, since you're doing SATs and AP classes I'll assume that you're almost out of highschool. Those grades that you got from hard work are going to get you into probably any university that you want, with a scholarship too most likely. How are they not seeing that you're doing extremely well and that this amount of pressure is making you fall apart?

I think you need to tell them that you are trying your best and that you are clearly getting results. What more do they expect from you? Don't ever think you're worthless. It's disgusting that your dad said that to you, because he sounds like the main reason that you're working so hard. They don't see how much you care about them to work so hard for high grades to please them.

Also I think your earlier posts said that they hated that you played Yugioh? Really? A game that helps you be creative/logical is bad? Maybe you should ask them if they'd prefer you go out and use hardcore drugs or something instead of playing a card game.

I hope things work out for you, if anything, you only have a few months left to deal with them before you're on your own.

Holy fuck Eel posted something Actually relevant

Anywho i agree with jesse i too have exams like soon and admittedly i dont give a crap since ATM im doing well enough to get where i want to go but seriously how hard is it to give POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT once in a while? and i thought my parents were a holes. you know yourself how clever you are and where you want to go in life if your doing well enough to get where you want to go then tell them to get the fuck off your case and that your trying your best and doing well enough
if you arent doing well enough to get where you want to go then work towards bettering yourself and ignore the BS they are feeding you

thats my advice

#59 redeyeszack84 Ancient One Resident Gamer... ZERO! 8855 posts 6.00 XCB

redeyeszack84
  • Interests:Games, animation, comedy, and the supernatural.

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

To an extent, I'm impressed that your still doing as well as you do with all this. And your parents weren't happy with your score?! You were just a little under 300 from a perfect score! The score is definatly good enough to get you noticed, along with likely other AP scores (I didn't do any of that, so don't know how it works). From that point on, its then a fleshed out script of extra things to show your well rounded, and your ability to like yourself and sell yourself well. And depending on where your aiming to go, possibly who you know or if your lucky a minority (not meant to be racist, just sadly still can be a deciding factor in odds of getting in a good place).

Reminds me when I used to care lol I tried SO hard to be the top of my class, to get the grades, to get in the higher placed classes. Didn't work for me, as I had a small school, and they would only take a small number of us, and half the spots were instantly filled with the school board member's kids and one spot the principal's son. Left 3 legit placements, and the ones that got It did deserve it. I was kept out (despite doing better than the others in all areas) due just being me lol Then came an early assessment test, I never got to see my own score for a long time because they gave it straight to our parents, and my parents ripped into me so bad after it, I kinda just had my spirit broken and gave up. Wasn't till my sophmore year that I found the test, and learned I had gotten yelled out for performing better than 85% of the nation... apparantly 95% was my goal that no one told me about.

Though, if you were to shoot a list of priority cards you'd like to replace, I can scrounge my collection and head some off to ya (I've basically retired for good from the game, can't afford to play it, nor do i have time to actually play it either). Plus, my kids somehow got more into MTG than Yugioh, so I've shifted my focus to there a little. Sad thing being? They were able to pick up MTG alot faster than YGO lol

As a parent... well, I can see both sides of things here. Your parents are DEFINATELY going about it in the wrong fashion, but with the future of kids in your posistion so unsure, they likely want you figuretively speaking, armed to the teeth. Issue being, do you have a plan of study? What would you go for, and at which college?

And as a parent and still sorta trapped as a giant kid, I can say this: Parents will almost always do the wrong thing, but for the right reasons. Don't let it get you down, its going to be stressful and depressing. A giant life hurdle is rushing right at you, and everyone is screaming at you to jump, but you yourself don't feel their right about it. And only you can be the one to determine when to jump. I won't lie and say it gets easier, hell, depending on where you go, things are gearing up to shift into a much higher gear (but likely you will get a few months reprieve hopefully in a couple months)

#60 Blydden Oldies ~ Honest ~ 1902 posts 21.00 XCB

Blydden

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:07 AM

Don't bottle it up. Blog posts are good, but if you ever need anyone to talk to (say Hyper is currently underwater) you can PM me, or REZ84 or me or someone. : )

<3 Gunny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users