Photo
- - - - - 118 replies to this topic

Gunnybear goes to OCGland

• Please log in to reply

#21 Rothon Oldies The Key To Truth 2252 posts 44.00 XCB

Rothon

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

Just curious did she give any reason why she wouldn't give the cards back to you?

#22 Gunnybear Oldies Pro Lurker 2149 posts 65.00 XCB

Gunnybear

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

She said she didn't want Hyper playing at school because of his grades so thought I could provide him with cards. Which is pointless because of the other 5 or so people there with Yugioh/Vanguard stuff, not to mention Hyper still has a Vanguard proxy deck

#23 kyros27 Oldies Spewer of over 4000 Posts! 4551 posts 186.00 XCB

kyros27

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

Tell her you'll also take her extra chromosome off her hands along with your cards.

#24 Rothon Oldies The Key To Truth 2252 posts 44.00 XCB

Rothon

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

okay then...
Still no reason to take your stuff.
Have you talked to hypers father?

#25 Gunnybear Oldies Pro Lurker 2149 posts 65.00 XCB

Gunnybear

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

Okay, this is fucking stupid

My dad doesn't want to get involved because he's worried Hyper's mom will get mad for his grades dropping, and that by doing this she's trying to teach us a lesson. Of course my mom overhears and says I should just forget about it. We compromised that we wait a grading period to show her that his grades have nothing to do with my cards.

In return, tell her to send me pictures of the binder, to prove that she still has it and hasn't damaged it. If there is no proof the binder and the contents are safe, I will seriously consider legal action.

#26 Hypermaster117 Oldies WABIT SEASON 2117 posts 265.00 XCB

Hypermaster117
  • Interests:Anime, YGO, Vanguard, LoL

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

Okay, this is fucking stupid

My dad doesn't want to get involved because he's worried Hyper's mom will get mad for his grades dropping, and that by doing this she's trying to teach us a lesson. Of course my mom overhears and says I should just forget about it. We compromised that we wait a grading period to show her that his grades have nothing to do with my cards.

In return, tell her to send me pictures of the binder, to prove that she still has it and hasn't damaged it. If there is no proof the binder and the contents are safe, I will seriously consider legal action.

My mom's wondering why you didn't call :/

She's willing to settle.

#27 kyros27 Oldies Spewer of over 4000 Posts! 4551 posts 186.00 XCB

kyros27

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

lol bet she snuck on your computer and saw all your friends on here wanting to call the cops.

#28 Hypermaster117 Oldies WABIT SEASON 2117 posts 265.00 XCB

Hypermaster117
  • Interests:Anime, YGO, Vanguard, LoL

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

lol bet she snuck on your computer and saw all your friends on here wanting to call the cops.

She doesn't even know these forums exist lol

#29 HG Wells Oldies aytch gee 2569 posts 5.00 XCB

HG Wells

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

This is an interesting turn of events. Let us know how it turns out Gunny!

#30 GothicKratos Oldies Local Trollolololol 2309 posts 2.00 XCB

GothicKratos

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

You should let your dad know she is willing to speak with him.

Edited by GothicKratos, 15 February 2013 - 01:55 AM.

#31 Gunnybear Oldies Pro Lurker 2149 posts 65.00 XCB

Gunnybear

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:34 AM

I considered the situation for a while, and decided that I'll just go to locals without the binder, and try to get it back after the break

Reasoning

Out of the group of card game players, I'm probably the one that's most concerned about Hyper's grades. As a result, I have no problem going over tests and homework with him. When I was making a new club I didn't mind putting him down as the officer. During lunch I periodically remind him about homework. And yet, when his grades aren't up to par his mom cracks down on me. My guess is that she's out of options and needs a scapegoat to relieve her own stress, I just happened to be the most accessible target. If that's her justification then there is no way I'm letting her talk with my parents right now. Under this illusion that all blame is on me, she could easily lash out at my parents to further solidify her facade.

My parents are people who value their standings with others very highly, and become very short tempered when troubled. If they get upset from conversing with Hyper's mom they would probably just ban me from going to locals, and forget about the binder. I would really like to be able to make trades and use a finished deck over the break, but I'd rather actually go more. I'm hoping Hyper can work things out with his mom next week, or at least calm her down before my dad speaks with her.

Also annoying, SAT classes aren't canceled for break, and they just happen to be from 9:30->3:30 on both Saturdays (Locals start at 1) So I can only hope to duel whoever shows up tomorrow, and maybe a Vanguard tournament on Sunday (Lacking any perfect guards, Barri's are expensive D:) Regarding the SAT lessons, I got a 2120 on the last test which is above or close to the bar set by my target colleges. But since my prodigy cousin got 2370 I'm expected to take it again...

The only benefit from those classes is that there's about an hour or so break at noon, and there's a pretty good Vietnamese restaurant nearby xD

#32 kyros27 Oldies Spewer of over 4000 Posts! 4551 posts 186.00 XCB

kyros27

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:03 AM

I didn't even know SAT classes existed...

#33 Gunnybear Oldies Pro Lurker 2149 posts 65.00 XCB

Gunnybear

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

Well thing have taken a...depressing turn

Apparently Hyper's mom destroyed and threw away the cards a while back. That's pretty much every non decked holo I had, gathered up over the last few years including (6sams can attest to this) the collection of Dark Magician Girls I was planning to save up and sell when I went to college for some extra poket money.

My dad went to the school to meet Hyper and his mom today, and she wrote him a check for $400 to cover everything, but I doubt any of that will ever reach me, since I think it was written to him, and he seemed visibly upset when he came back. I don't even care if that's enough to cover it all at this point. I was chastised for influencing Hyper's grades, and told never to interact with him again.

tldr; I lost my entire collection, have nothing to show for it and will probably be banned from going to locals by my parents from now on.

#34 MyBlackwingPlaylist Oldies American Psycho 9015 posts 0.00 XCB

MyBlackwingPlaylist

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Sorry your property got destroyed, Gunny. I can't imagine how terrible that must feel, and it's worse that you got pushed around unjustly for this. This is upsetting enough to think about, let alone having to experience it :/

Moving on from this, you need to focus your energies elsewhere. On revenge. Use your training, Gunny. Shoot that bitch.

#35 Gunnybear Oldies Pro Lurker 2149 posts 65.00 XCB

Gunnybear

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

I was expecting a totally different comment from:

"Moving on from this, you need to focus your energies elsewhere."

Revenge isn't an option, it would be if it wasn't Hyper's mom. Very pissed, but gonna put that energy into school, and preparing for regionals. My dad agreed to let me go a few months ago, and whatever else he might do he won't go back on his word.

I've actually started thinking about continuing Project Phoenix, with everyone else out of the house for most of the next few days I'll have enough time to get some stuff done. Makes me also want to see some of the other writing projects we have hanging (hint hint, nudge nudge)

#36 kyros27 Oldies Spewer of over 4000 Posts! 4551 posts 186.00 XCB

kyros27

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

Well Gunny if you ever feel like driving a few hrs you could come over, and I'll give you lots of my cards. I haven't played in a billion years, and overall I have few relevant cards to this meta but it's something so yay?

#37 GothicKratos Oldies Local Trollolololol 2309 posts 2.00 XCB

GothicKratos

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

Wow, that is really garbage. I'm sorry she was so reckless. :/

On a more positive note, what are you planning on taking to Regionals?

#38 Gunnybear Oldies Pro Lurker 2149 posts 65.00 XCB

Gunnybear

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

Thanks for the offer, but I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I take them.

Took apart Gagagas + Extra and downgrading my Machina Gadgets to start collecting again, but probably gonna switch to mostly Vanguard for now

Wow, that is really garbage. I'm sorry she was so reckless. :/

On a more positive note, what are you planning on taking to Regionals?

Infernities, gonna rely on the suprise factor, strong game 1, and siding

#39 kyros27 Oldies Spewer of over 4000 Posts! 4551 posts 186.00 XCB

kyros27

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

idk that I'll ever play irl again so I wouldn't mind. I have a playset of Card Ejectors and Anti-Spell Fragrance b/c they're just awesome like that.

#40 HG Wells Oldies aytch gee 2569 posts 5.00 XCB

HG Wells

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

Holy balls. I feel sorry for you Gunny and I wish you the best of luck moving forward. If you need some cards, I have a few, probably not what you need, but PM me and I'd be willing to try and help, like Kyros. One positive thing I think we can take away from this tragedy is a stronger XC brotherhood. Even in the ashes of the flame, we stand united.

Edited by HG Wells, 18 February 2013 - 10:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users